From New York to Las Vegas

Cookies

A/N: I edited the time they posted the Instagram pics to fit the fic.
It’s my first time writing (I’m better at just reading, I know) so please go easy on me /sobs/ I tried. I’m just really thirsty for Yugyeom x Yerin and I only saw a handful of fics so here goes nothing


 

Yerin almost dropped the bowl of cookie mix she was holding when her phone buzzed on the granite counter of her friend’s apartment in New York. She was half-expecting it to be a message from Korea (maybe from her mom or her manager) but she knew she deactivated her mobile services when she arrived at the airport. It also couldn’t be from Ella, who was just in the next room watching TV. She put down the bowl, picked up her phone, and almost rolled her eyes when she saw it was a Line chat from Yugyeom.

"Hey! Check my IG!!!"

What’s this kid on? 

image

#우헤헤헤헤 마크형과 투나잇

A photo posted by KYUM (@yu_gyeom) on Jan 4, 2015 at 6:53pm PST

It took her a while before she figured out where the photo was taken. They usually just went home for the holidays and kept their phones off until they got bored resting so she didn’t even bother knowing where her best friend was, until now.

"Why do you keep following me?"
"I’m not following you! You’re in New York. I’m in Las Vegas."

”.. Sure. Bet you’re having the time of your life passing through casinos and watching burlesque dancers, huh.”

Gotcha. Yerin laughed when she didn’t receive a reply for a few minutes. She always knew how to make him flustered.. or so she thought until Yugyeom replied,
"You’re ier."
"What?" He’s gonna get hit when I see him. 
"Oops.. love you!"

Yerin let a gentle smile take over her face. Scooping up some cookie dough, she tried to form it into different shapes on the baking pan. 

Yugyeom always complimented her, telling her she had the best voice he had ever heard. She did the same whenever she caught him dancing beyond their practice hours in the studios. They gave confidence to each other, but when the fans started saying they looked good together as a couple, it became slightly awkward. They talked about it once, deciding to just ignore the issue because they treasure their friendship very much. 

The past year had been busy for both of them. Sometimes they only managed to greet each other at the company in passing, too tired to really talk. The last time they met in their free time, Yugyeom had told her he wanted to go to a place where he can act like the teenager that he is. She figured that was why he tagged along with Mark. She heard her phone buzz again with more messages from Yugyeom.

"Yerin?"
"What are you doing?" 
"Mark hyung and his friends are talking about high school"
"and it’s all in English and I can’t keep up—"

"Shut up. I’m making cookies."
"Make me some when we go back to Korea."
"I could just send you some now…"
"How?"

image

MY LOVE!🍪💕

A photo posted by Yerin Baek (@yerinb) on

Jan 4, 2015 at 7:37pm PST