Buddies

One Shot

It was new year's eve. Snow was graciously falling down, painting the entire city in the most beautiful white. Everyone was just so happy around me. The scenery was perfect for romance. I made sure to arrive as soon as I could. It'd be our third date, being late was not an option. As I sat there, waiting, my heart kept me warm surrounded by the glistering cold snow. The lovely atmosphere around me was intoxicating, in a few minutes we would be another one of the countless couples on a date there, no words could describe the happiness I felt. Time passed as my mind traveled through a whole life of expectations and dreams coming true beside her. She was the perfect girl for me, I was madly in love. Then it came to me, one hour had passed, my watch marked 8:30 pm. She wasn't there yet. What happened? We were supposed to met at 8 pm, but that time was long past. I didn't care, she would come for me. Maybe something urgent came up on her way......9:59 pm, there were twice the people as before and I was still alone warming up that cold bench. My present buried in snow, that filthy white thing, it was just so cold...The sound of the central clock beside marking 10 pm was like the gorgeous sound of a blender grinding away what remained of my broken heart. That hellish sound still echoes in my mind ..."WOOF WOOF"...

 

"Wait, what??" I woke up to a dog barking in front of me in the park.

"Sorry, sorry. That's my dog." An incredibly beautiful girl came right away to scold it. "Bad dog!" She said with a cute serious expression.

"Oh, don't worry, I was just daydreaming." More to daynightmaring, if that word existed.

"She is very curious and is always bothering strangers, I'm so sorry." Her beauty was astonishing. The curly brown hair, the delicate lips and princess like features...

I had to know her name.

"It's ok. Actually, I like dogs, my roommate Taeyeon has one too." I really had to know her name no matter what. "I'm Tiffany by the way, what's her name?"

"Her name is Princess, it's a Lhasa." Of course she would tell me the name of the dog, not hers... "Oh, and my name is Sarah, nice to meet you." She extended her arm to shake my hand. Sarah was American, probably. And an extremely pretty one as well.

"Nice to meet you too." We shook hands and that was it, unfortunately.

My way home was filled with her face, I hadn't felt that way for a long time.

I closed my heart to love for too long, it's time to try again.

I had to give myself another chance.

••••••••••

The next day I went to the same park hoping to find Sarah again..

"Dullahan, catch! C'mon, catch Dullahan!"

But, this time, Taeyeon also came to play with her dog, Dullahan.

I know....What kind of name is that, right?? It was after some myth...or legend...or I don't know what from God knows what European country she'd visited before.

Anyway, she was a good roommate, very caring and funny. We'd been living together for 3 years since I moved to Seoul. We were best friends.

"Taengo, you must see that girl I found yesterday, she was the prettiest girl I'd ever seen"

"Not as beautiful as me, that's for sure...RIght Dullahan?" She loved that dog. He was the perfect pet for that crazy girl.

As those two played, I only thought about the angel from the other day.

Then I heard something close by. "Princess, come here babe..." I knew that voice.

"Hey Sarah, remember me? It's Tiffany, from yesterday!" I used the entire arsenal. My husky voice, a slightly inclined head and the world renowned eye smile.

"Hi Tiffany, what a coincidence! How are you doing?" My God, how pretty she was.

It was my chance to try again. I mean, what happened three years ago could not happen again, right? I had to get over that. And Sarah was my ticket back to love.

"I'm doing great! Just enjoying this great day here at the park. What about you?"

"Trying to cope with all the work, actually. So I decided to take a break and come here." Indeed, she looked a little tired.

"Take a break from what?"

"From packing all those boxes. I have no idea how people enjoy moving out. It's so tiring, my arms are all sore."

"So.....You're moving from Seoul?" 

"Yeah, I'm coming back to New Jersey. My plane is this afternoon." Of course.....Why did I think I had a chance? Maybe I should just give up on romance. Aphrodite didn't like.

The good thing is, my heart was still calloused from that New Year's Eve. It didn't hurt, it was just fed up.

"Oh, that's bad, we just got to know each other..." With my head down, even her beauty didn't meter to me anymore.

"I know, right? Maybe you can give me your number and we keep in touch." She was such a sweet girl...

"Of course, here, give me your cell phone so I can type it in."

After saving up my number on her phone, I could hear something from far away ".....catch!" and a stick landed right beside me.

Taeyeon's POV

I was the luckiest girl alive. After high school I had to find someone to share an apartment with me in Seoul. My mom was helping me pay some of the rent, but I had to find someone quickly. And just like an angel falling from the sky, this girl Tiffany from some city in America called the number I left at the apartment's door.

She was so beautiful! I mean, really, really beautiful. After a month, when we became close friends, she told me her story.

When she lived in the states, she had just started dating her high school crush, but at their third date, she stood her up to go out with some other guy. Every time we talked about that, she would break in tears. That broke my angel's heart! I would have given anything to be Fany's date.

From that day on, I waited patiently for my chance to get Tiffany for myself. She was heart broken, so I needed caution, we had just met.

Suddenly, one day at the park, after three years of waiting and pondering and lack of courage, she starts talking about some pretty girl she'd found...Like, what about me?? Wasn't I pretty? My parents always told me I was pretty.

When she started talking to that woman my heart boiled from anger. Fany didn't even know that vixen and they were already laughing together and exchanging numbers??

I knew at that moment that something had to be done. So I summoned my best friend and sometimes, doom bringer, DULLAHAN!

Exactly, the Irish headless horseman. That's one of my fortes, naming pets.

Anyway, I picked up a stick and threw it at that 's direction. "Dullahan, CATCH!" And there he went desperately to get it.

Dullahan couldn't break after biting the peace of wood, almost knocking Tiffany down with his gigantic body.

Wrong target...He wasn't that smart.

"Sorry, sorry. I didn't see you both, Fany." My friend wasn't that happy when I got there. Maybe because that mammoth missed his mark and almost killed her.

"Taeyeon! Control your dog, for Christ's sake!"

"Oh my God, get of my princess!" Yeah, we had no time to argue, after all, Dullahan was a Irish legend and he started humping that miniature dog called.......Princess?? Who the names a dog "Princess"? That girl didn't deserve that eye smile.

"Bad dog!" I had to interfere in their love section, or else Tiffany would kill me. "You shouldn't do that to that little toy, man...Look at your size!" I whispered in his ear while putting him on a leash.

"Princess! Are you okay?? Did that monster hurt you??" That woman (I believe her name was...Satan?) desperately held up her dog. "I'm sorry Tiffany, but I have to go now. We'll keep in touch.." She walked away looking at me with disgust.

My job there was done. All thanks to my little giant baby dog.

"Taengo, let's go home...?" I couldn't quite understand that. Tiffany didn't look angry or sad, she was just...tired. Her eyes were distant and emotionless.

"What's wrong?"

"I don't know...It's just my rotten luck..."

"Did something bad happen?" 

"She's moving to the States! I'll never have another chance like that in my life.." My heart hurt at the sight of her disappointment. Maybe she really liked the Beelzebub, I mean, that girl..

"What you talking about? Anyone would be lucky to have you! You the most beautiful girl in the world!" I said giving her a hug. "Well...right after me, right?"

She chuckled..."Right, Taengo...You are the best, did you know that?" That caught me off guard, I didn't know what to say, She was so beautiful. I had her in my arms, and...and I had to do something.

"Fany..."I gathered all my courage.

"What?" She still had the boldness to give me an eye smile while asking that.

I couldn't care for the consequences anymore. It was the moment of my life.

"Fany, don't be mad with me, okay?"

"Why would I be m..." With my eyes closed and a tight heart, I went for with.

Our mouths met, they finally did. Oh, the taste of her sweet moist lips...It was the best felling. Butterflies went crazy in my stomach. That moment could last forever.

But it didn't.

She quickly broke off our kiss. "Why did you do that?" She asked confused.

"I'm sorry...I just couldn't hold it in any longer!" My mind went blank, I wouldn't over think things any longer, I decided to just let my heart speak for me. "I love you, Tiffany, you are everything that's good in my life." Tears began to flow slowly." Everyday, I would look at you, wanting you, but couldn't find the courage to do anything about it." We just sat there as I spoke my heart out. " I thought that just being your friend was enough, being able to speak to you everyday, see you, eat with you, I though that maybe that was enough, you know? But it isn't anymore! I must have you for myself, my entire body craves for you." Tiffany didn't say a word, she just listened..."Is it okay if I...kiss you again?"

Anything metered anymore, I threw my life at her arms, waiting for an answer.

"You know........" She finally said a word."I never thought I'd say this......" My heart tightened even more at each word, she would probably reject me, who would date someone like me...

But then, as a lightning hitting me and lighting me up, she opened up the prettiest eye smile. I could see one solitary tear drop running through her pink left cheek. 

"I never thought I'd say this, but...you were always right....You really are the most beautiful girl in the world. How could I be so stupid?! Of course you can kiss me again, dummy..." She closed her eyes and made the cutest pout.

"TIPANY!" I jumped on her, yelling and sobbing at the same time. There was never a happier time on my life. She was mine, all mine! "Are you sure you want this?" I was on top of her, trying to contain my tears from falling at her gorgeous face.

"Of course I'm sure, kiss me alrea..." She didn't have to finish the sentence.

We kissed right there, in the middle of the park for everyone to see. Her tongue and mine dancing the most ual dance while we enjoyed that moment to the fullest. Tiffany embraced my body with her arms, pushing me closer as I caressed her face with both hands, she was liking it.

And I wanted more, much more.

We both breathed through our noses so the kiss could continue forever. Then, my hands began to go down her neck directly to her waist, it was getting hot.

However, out of nowhere, a ton o cement fell down on my back, making me break the kiss and roll to the side. "WOOF WOOF!"

That damn mini horse! Sometimes I hated him! He leaped on me, all excited thinking I was playing with Tiffany, and he wanted in.

"Taengo, I think Dullahan is telling us to get a room!" She said while laughing her lungs out.

I could just follow her.

We got up, cleaned all the grass from our clothes and went back to the apartment.

On the way there, she kept looking at me with that heart melting eye smile and giggling.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"Nothing....." She looked away whistling.

"Come on! Tell me!"

"Nah...it's nothing...." Damn that cute girl, I was all hers already.

"Tiffany~~~Tell me, please~~~" I tried making my famous cute puppy face.

"I'm not going to tell you!" She showed me her tongue.

"Ok then........Dullahan..." I released him from his leash."Make her talk." He jumped on her liking her face with all his might. No one could win against that giant German Shepherd.

She tried to get away from him.

A futile effort, of course;

"OKAY OKAY, I'LL TALK! GET HIM OFF ME!"

"Dullahan, enough, come here." He instantly sat beside me. I'd won. "Now, tell me, perp."

"I...I don't know if I should say this..."

"Aish! Come on! Tell me."

She waited for a couple of seconds, but then looked at my eyes with a serious expression. "It's that love you so much..." A peck on my right cheek was the final touch to make my mind go black.

When I got my senses back she was far ahead of me taking Dullahan with her.

I said to myself... "I'm gonna love her forever."