final

The Weekends

A brunette walks into the entrance with a big grin plasters on her face. Everyone stops with whatever they’re doing to look at her, adoring her from far.

Well, who won’t?

It’s Son Wendy we’re talking about here, the famous, rich, y, gorgeous woman. Basically, she is everything anyone can dream of. Every time she walks in with such confidence, everyone in the club will look at her in awe. It’s not like she wants the attention, she tends to ignore them. Obviously, men and woman are always trying to get into her pants but unfortunately, she rejects every one of them and if they keep pushing her to the limits, she will get mad. Really mad. No one knows why exactly she keeps rejecting people. She looks lonely, won’t she try to get someone to accompany her? They don’t even dare to go near her anymore, let alone asking her something personal.

Wendy looks around, finally spotting her best friend on the couch, talking with some people she doesn’t recognize the faces. It doesn’t even matter to her. She jumps next to her best friend, “ Kang bro! “ The friend nearly drops her glass, “ What the-” Wendy guffaws, “ Chill, bro! It’s weekend, my time to shine and we should chill. “ Wendy pulls Seulgi into a headlock, causing the other girl to push her away harshly, “ That hurts. “ Wendy pouts. Seulgi shrugs, “ Whatever.” Wendy senses the change of Seulgi’s mood. Being a good friend like she is, she turns serious, asking Seulgi, “ What’s wrong?” Seulgi drops her shoulders, grunting out her frustration, “ It’s Joy.” Wendy pulls a cheeky smile, leaning closer as if she’s interested to listen to Seulgi, “ Are you making fun of me?”

Seulgi has been seeing this tall girl named Joy. She usually plays around with girls but one day, she told Wendy that she might have fallen for the girl. She doesn’t know what to do since it’s her first time feeling such a thing. Wendy always teases her but at the same time, she tries to help as best as she could, “ No, of course not. “ Seulgi fiddles with her fingers, sighing, “ I don’t know. I’m confused. It’s like we’re more than friends but then it’s not. The more I think about it, the more it hurts. “ Wendy grins, patting Seulgi on the back, “ I’m pretty sure she likes you though, judging from the way she looks at you but I guess you have to figure it out yourself. Go for it, buddy.”  Seulgi beams, “ Thanks, Wendy. You’re the best.”

Wendy raises her head up, “ You’ve made a right choice to talk about this to the master of love, Son Wendy. “ Seulgi bursts into laughter, mocking Wendy.  “ Oh!” She remembers something, “ Joy will come here with her friend, maybe you can hit on her. I heard that she’s deadly gorgeous. “ Seulgi winks. Wendy gives a weak smile, “ Thanks, but you know I won’t. I can’t. I’m still waiting for her.”

 

 

Seulgi has gone somewhere else with Joy, leaving Wendy alone, “ Time to hit the bar.” She sits on the stool, asking for her favorite beverage. She takes a few shots and as time passes, she starts to feel tipsy. Her face is flushed with red and she’s being all giggly. She takes another shot, “ I feel so good!” she exclaims while burying her face on the table. The bartender, who is like a brother to Wendy, pats her on the head, “ Things going rough, huh?” He chuckles, “ Yeah, yeah! “ Wendy rests her chin on her palm, “ I can’t forget her, it’s hard. I am miserably . I feel so empty, I miss her.” He gives her a sympathetic smile, “ I don’t know her but I hope you will get through it. It takes time but you’re going to be alright.” He turns around, “ I need to go back to work.”

Wendy takes a glimpse around her surroundings with her vision blurs out a bit. As she turns at certain spot, she spots a woman with pink ombre haired sitting nearby. The girl catches her attention so much that she needs to slap herself a few times, “ H-huh? Is this real? “ She closes her eyes, shaking her head, but her vision becomes too blurry for her to confirm anything, “ N-no way.” She tries to go closer towards the girl but as she takes another step, the girl slowly evanesces from her sight and all she can see is pitch black.

 

 

Wendy’s eyes slowly fluttering open. She looks up at the ceiling, “ Was last night a dream?” She groans at the sudden pain in her head, “ Nope, it’s real. “ Her phone rings and she peeks at the caller. It’s Seulgi. She kicks the sheets and answers the phone, “ Wow, you knocked out pretty early last night. It’s not so like the Son I know. What happened?” Wendy lets out her breathe, “ I think I saw her last night. She looked pretty the same but my vision was too blurry to sure if it’s really her. “

She can hear Seulgi gasps over the phone, “ Maybe you shouldn’t get too drunk next time. Who knows she might come again? Anyway, I’m sorry for leaving you alone. I’m trying to work it out with Joy and I think I have figured it out a bit. “ Wendy smiles, happy for her friend, “ Nah, you are kind enough to not leave me alone. So, when are you going to make her scream your name? “ Seulgi yells over the phone, “ What the hell, Wendy?!”

Wendy can’t get any dirtier.

 

Wendy comes to the club again the next weekend, as usual but this time with a promise to herself that she will not get drunk, just a few shots will do. Seulgi taps on her shoulder, “ Yo,” Wendy asks her, “ Joy is coming?” Seulgi nods, “ With her friend again but I don’t even get to see her yet. I’m kind of curious, you know.” Wendy cackles, “ You mean, this girl has this mysterious vibe, huh?” Seulgi chuckles, “ Yeah, you can say that. “ She turns around just in time to find Joy making her way towards them. Seulgi whistles and winks at Joy, “ Hey, girl.” She wraps her arms around Joy’s waist, “ Hey, “ Joy gives her killer eye smile, making Seulgi weak on the knees. Wendy scoffs, “ Lame. “ Seulgi shoots her a glare.

“ Anyway, “ Joy interrupts, pulling someone behind her, “ This is Irene, my beloved unnie. I know you guys haven’t met her so I thought I should introduce her to both of you. She’s kind of playing hide and seek, that’s why you guys haven’t seen her last night. “ Joy smiles while Seulgi and Wendy are looking at the pink ombre haired girl with jaws dropped.  Irene looks surprised too, but she decides to play along. Seulgi exchanges looks with Wendy, “ Oh .” Seulgi smiles awkwardly, “ Uh- H-Hi Irene. I’m Seulgi. I’m sure you know me. “ Wendy mutters under her breathe, “ Of course she knows you, you idiot.” Seulgi elbows Wendy, whispering, “ I didn’t expect it would be this soon. “ Wendy nods, “ Me too. “ Seulgi pats her on the shoulder, “  I guess what happened last night is true. Good luck, your ex best girl is all yours now. “

 

 

As much as Irene hates to be there, alone with her ex, she doesn’t leave. She still needs to make sure Joy get home safely. Wendy, her ex, is the last person she ever wants to see on the earth yet the fate brings them to meet earlier than they ever expected. Who would want to stick around with your ex, who seems to be drunk? At least, not Irene.

Now, now, Wendy. Just a few shots.

Wendy decides to start the conversation after a long of awkward silence, “ Hey, “ She flashes her famous cheeky smile to Irene, who sits next to her. Irene glances at Wendy, “ What do you want, you jerk? “ Wendy giggles, “ Cold as ever, eh? Guess I’ll have to melt you down. “ Irene slams the table, kicks anything around her, “ Oh god, why am I here? “ Wendy leans closer, “ It’s our fate, my darling.”

Wendy really likes to tease the other girl despite the cold shoulder Irene gives her. Irene cringes, scowls at Wendy, which is obviously doesn’t affect her, “ I swear I’m going to kill you. Don’t you act all flirty with me you stupid little- “ Wendy shuts her with a kiss, “ Baby, if that’s what make me die in your arms, I wouldn’t mind you to kill me then.” Irene’s face reddens, “ Y-yah! Who gives you the permission to kiss me? “ Wendy smirks, “ As far as I know, “ She leans into Irene’s ear, “ you didn’t push me away, which means you must really like it or, “ She kisses Irene’s cheek, “ you really want me to kiss you.”

The bartender enjoys looking at both of them, “ What a show. “ He laughs before serving drinks to his customers. “ Hey, won’t you carry me home? “ Irene looks at Wendy, eyes wide open, “ Excuse me? We don’t have anything to do with each other anymore. We’re over. Why would I bring you home? I have Joy to take care of. “ Wendy’s heart aches a bit, hearing Irene’s hurtful words but that doesn’t bring her down.

She manages to put a smile, “ Well, I’m kind of drunk right now, and there, “ She points at the corner in the dark, Irene squints her eyes and sees Seulgi and Joy making out, “ That bear over there probably releasing her hormones with your giant baby and she’s probably forget to take me home. So, maybe I can ask you a favor here. And don’t worry about Joy, Seulgi’s good at taking care of girls. “ Wendy winks, “ Please? “ She looks at Irene with her puppy eyes.  This is a dangerous situation for Irene, as Wendy’s cuteness still stays as one of her weakness. Wendy frowns, receiving no answer from the older girl, “ No? Well, I guess I should ask other-“ Irene cuts her off, “ Fine, I’ll bring you home. “ Wendy mentally pats herself on the back, “ Let’s go?”

 

 

Irene thinks that other people might take advantage of Wendy, judging by her condition right now. She still cares for the other girl for some reasons so, she decides that it’s better if she takes Wendy to her home instead.

“ Oh? Couch? Don’t you feel sorry for me?” Wendy asks in bewilderment as Irene told her to sleep on the couch, “ Then what? Unless you choose to sleep on the floor, yeah, suit yourself, as long as you’re not on my bed. “  Irene makes her way to the bathroom with pajamas in her hands, “ Why don’t you just change here? It’s not like I haven’t seen everything. “ Wendy shows a sly smile, causing Irene to slam the bathroom door.

 

As Irene opens the door, she sees Wendy still sitting in the same position on the couch, “ Oh, you are finally done. I’m waiting for you. “ Irene shrugs, “ Just go to sleep.” Wendy shakes her head cutely, “ Nope!” Irene raises her eyebrow, “ Whatever. I’m going to sleep. “ She switches off the lamp and pulls the blanket to cover her body. Suddenly, Wendy has the courage to ask, “ Can I sleep with you?”

 

Irene ends up letting Wendy sleeping on the same bed as her. She doesn’t even know why and how did it happen but when she realizes, Wendy’s already there beside her on the bed, rolling herself happily. She suddenly feels sorry for the younger girl, maybe it’s okay to let her sleep on the bed. She needs a good sleep too after all. Wendy continues rolling and rolling until it starts to nettle Irene. Irene kicks her, “ Go to sleep, you stupid.” She turns her back against Wendy. Wendy stops rolling and Irene decides that she could finally sleep now.

 

She’s wrong.

 

Wendy takes this chance and embraces Irene from behind. Irene is too frozen on her spot to push Wendy away. Instead, she strangely enjoys the warmth that’s radiating from Wendy’s body. It’s still the same warmth that comforts her through her hard days. Wendy snuggles into the crook of Irene’s neck, making Irene shivers as she can feel Wendy’s hot breath on her skin. Wendy starts to plant soft kisses on her neck, “ Don’t…” Wendy her neck then it, “ …sleep yet. “ Irene suddenly becomes numb, letting Wendy do whatever it needs to be. Slowly and slowly, Irene’s pajamas are gone.

Maybe Joy leaving her isn’t so bad after all.

 

 

 

Irene curses under her breathe, “ Why do I keep meeting you here?” Joy comes to the club again to meet Seulgi, so Irene decides to tag along. But she doesn’t know that coming to the club meaning Wendy’s there and she has to stick with her. She wants to sit somewhere else but that would be troublesome for her and Joy and to be safe, she has no choice but to sit there. Wendy chokes, “ Hey you, hey you, “ She pats Irene’s cheek, causing the girl to flinch, “ My weekend nights are here, okay? “ Irene groans, “ I should’ve known.”

She was hoping that she will never see Wendy again, not after their first night together since they’ve broken up. That’s what she’s thinking. She’s too embarrassed to face Wendy since the girl is her ex and she once swore that they will never had anything, but last night was something. “ I got you a free drink, “ Irene shrugs and drinks it anyway. “ So, “ Wendy taps on the table, trying to get Irene’s attention, “ Will you bring me home again tonight? “ She grins widely. With the look on her face, she looks like a kid. Irene rolls her eyes. Wendy is starting to get on her nerves, “ What’re you thinking? Of course not!”  Wendy Irene’s hair, “ Eh? Really? “ Irene turns away, hiding her blushing face, “ Yes.” Wendy pouts, thinking of something to entice Irene. She stands up, “ Watch me.”

 

Wendy walks to the dance floor, “ Bring it on!” She shouts loudly then starts dancing to the song playing in the background. She looks like a fool, dancing while looking a bit drunk. Irene tries to not care but she ends up laughing, looking at Wendy’s foolish acts. She stops laughing, knowing that things start to get serious when Wendy makes her way towards her. People seem to be engrossed in both of them, as if the girls are about to put the most interesting show right now, “ And I wanna play it cool, “ Wendy lifts Irene’s chin, “ But I’m losing you.” She lets go and sits beside Irene, turning the girl to face her and playing with Irene’s hair, “ I’m in pieces, baby fix me. “ Irene’s face flushes red and she buries her face in her palms, “ Wendy, stop it. “

Wendy takes a few steps away from Irene, pointing a finger at her, “  I know I can’t but I’m definitely in love struck with you. And for you, I won’t mind making a fool of myself.” People around them having fun watching them, cheering for Wendy’s bold confession. Irene lets out a long breathe, she can’t handle any more embarrassment so she says, “ Okay, I’ll do it!” Wendy smiles widely, spreading her arms, “ That’s my girl!” The bartender decides to have a little celebration, raising a glass, “ Free drinks for everyone!”

 

 

 

Irene whimpers as Wendy roams her hands around her body, “ Stop it. “ She pushes Wendy away, gazing into those brown eyes that are filled with lust and love, “ You need to behave. “ Wendy smirks, “ Then, teach me how to behave.” Wendy’s hand slowly travels on Irene’s inner thigh, caressing it gently. She whispers into Irene’s ear, not forgetting to bite on her earlobe, “ Can I get your lips to speak my name? “

 

 

 

Irene has stopped coming to the club, letting Joy go alone. Seulgi doesn’t seem bad, she can put the trust of taking care of Joy to Seulgi. She needs some space to think, away from the crowded place. She always finds herself drifting in deep thoughts and then she will suddenly grunting, making Joy a bit scared of her, “ Unnie, you’re scary. “ That’s what she always hears from Joy. All of this happens because of Wendy. That damn Wendy makes her feel baffled. That damn Wendy gives her mixed signals. That damn Wendy gives her the love she’s longing for, the warmth that she’s been craving for, making her feels loved and needed by Wendy at the wrong time. She doesn’t want that to happen at the wrong time.

She swears she’s going to forget Wendy but meeting the girl again only making it turns to opposite. Strangely, Wendy makes her feel right whenever they’re together. They always end up making love every weekend’s night and it continues for weeks until Irene decides to stop going to the club. It makes Irene wonders if Wendy really loves her or it’s just because the girl is drunk. She remembers Wendy said that she is love struck with her. Everything starts to mix up in her head, making her growing more and more puzzled. She then receives a text from an unknown number,

“ Where are you? And I’m so sorry. I cannot sleep because I can't see you. I need somebody. I need you. Will you come and see me? Will you stop this pain? I miss you. “

 

Irene guesses she’s found the answer. She dresses up and drives to the club.

 

 

Wendy’s still looking around, searching for Irene. She has been doing that every weekend since the last time she met Irene. She wonders why Irene stops meeting her. She tries to ask Joy, but Joy herself can’t seem to tell the reason, then she figures it out it must be because of her. For some reasons, she’s still waiting. “ Only Joy again?” Seulgi nods, “ Hey, don’t do that face when I’m the only one who come.” Joy complains jokingly, trying to cheer up Wendy.  “ What’re you trying to do to her actually?” Joy asks. Wendy sighs, “ I’m making a move to get her back. It was my fault. I’m making amends for her. I need her back in my life.” Seulgi raises an eyebrow, “ You sure you’re making a right move to get her back?” Wendy shakes her head, “ I don’t know, “ she pauses, “ But I did try my best to express my love to her.”

 

 

The door flings open, revealing a pink ombre haired girl in a skimpy dress, making her way towards Wendy meanwhile Wendy has been busy taking shots, not looking at her surrounding until the bartender shakes her, “ Hey Wendy, “ He pats her cheek, “ Your girl is finally here.” Wendy blinks her eyes in confusion, “ Huh?” She travels her eyes across the bar, sees the girl and she smiles, “ There you are, I’ve been waiting for you.” She moves closer towards Irene, spreading her arms, ready to hug her, “ Are you here to carry me-“ Irene pushes her, “ Shut up, don’t you speak, “ Irene glowers at her, making Wendy to look at her in befuddled state,  “ You do this to me every weekend. I’ve had enough and I won’t carry you home anymore.”

Wendy chortles, putting her arms around Irene, “ Oh girl, you got me so ed up, “ Irene can feel the warmth from Wendy’s skin, “ That I could run around the world, but I won’t. So, carry me home? Please, I miss you.” Irene gasps, feeling her breathing stops, her heart skips a beat. Hearing no reply from the other girl, Wendy gazes into Irene’s eyes, “ Don’t you need me?”

 

 

Irene’s too softhearted.

She can’t stay mad at Wendy.

She can’t resist Wendy.

She wishes that she can stay immune to a person named Wendy.

But she knows, deeply in her heart, that’s not what she actually wants.

 

 

Like every other nights, they spent time together. Like every morning, Wendy leaves her early in the morning, leaves her all alone and cold. Irene holds their picture, remembering every single memory that they have made together. Without her realizing, tears start to drop on the picture, covering her face. She doesn’t bother to wipe them instead, she lets them flow down. Wendy has messed her up yet she still loves every single thing about the girl. Not even a second she forgets about her, not even a second she loves her less. Everything she feels about the girl is still pretty much the same. Wendy is indelible to her.

 

There’s been ringing at the door, Irene quickly wipes her tears and dashes her way to open the door. Much to her surprise, there’s someone holding a bear with flowers and chocolates but the bear is a bit huge for the size of the person, making her face covered. Irene can’t figure it out who, so she just stares at the person in curiosity, “ Uh-uh? Who are you? “ The person brings the huge bear down, “ H-hey?” She stutters. Irene is ready to slam the door shut, “ I think you’re at the wrong house. “

But Wendy is faster. She uses her strength to push the door before Irene can close it. Irene curses, forgetting that Wendy is stronger. But she still tries her best to not let the girl in. “ Bae Joohyun.”  Wendy calls by her real name and Irene knows that she is serious. She stops pushing, letting Wendy speak, “ I need to talk you. At least, please let me in?  If it didn’t work out, you can kick me out. Pretty, please? “ Irene mumbles, opening the door a bit. “ I hate you.” Wendy smiles, steps into her used to be home.

 

They sit on the couch, silence filling the awkward atmosphere around them, “ What do you want to talk about?” said Irene in her cold voice. Wendy fiddles her fingers, feeling nervous. She takes a deep breath, kneeling in front of Irene. Irene is quite taken back, but she keeps her poker face on. Wendy knows that Irene won’t look at her when she speaks so she decides that it’s better if she faces in front of her. Wendy slowly reaches for Irene’s hand, holding it tightly as if her life depends on it, “ I’m sorry.”

 

“ I know that I hurt you a lot and broke your heart  in the past, I know that I neglected you and didn’t care for you enough as a girlfriend, I know that you cared for me and it was careless of me to push you away. We fought so much because of what you said was true and I couldn’t throw away my damn pride. It was my fault that we broke up. It was my fault that all of this happened. I was bad at expressing my feelings for you so I never lived up to your expectations. But please, don’t misunderstand. It’s not like I’m bored of you or you’re not fun or I love you less. In my eyes, you’re still the prettiest. In my heart, you’re still the one. I know I was a fool to let you go but I realized my mistake. It didn’t hurt much at first but after days, I feel so empty without you.

Wendy holds her tears, " When I met you back, it feels like I’m finally home, because you’re finally close to me. I’m still in love with you, Hyun-ah. I used to say that I loved you but I know that you felt like I didn’t mean it.  So now, I’m saying that I’m still in love with you, I still love you and it’s true. Those nights we spent together, it only makes my love for you growing stronger. There’s so many things I didn’t do for you and through these nights, I did my best to give you all the love that you deserve. If it’s not enough, then I’m sorry.  I’m so sorry for being a jerk to you but I promise I’ll be a better person for you starting from now on. I’m still in love with you and you’re the only one for me, Bae Joohyun. Would you give me a second chance to be a better lover for you? “

 

Wendy waits for Irene to give her answer, who keeps her head low. She can’t see the girl’s face clearly with her hair covering her face but she still looks beautiful. There’s a million pretty girls but Wendy still has her eyes on this one stubborn girl. Irene finally looks up. Wendy swears at the moment their eyes meet, she feels like she can’t breathe because the girl in front of her is so damn breathtaking. She tries to read the other girl’s mind but she doesn’t have enough strength to do it because she’s weak. The girl in front of her makes her weak. And she loves her for that.

 

Irene opens , “ I’m not giving you another second chance.”

Wendy stares at her, “ W-what?” Her heart breaks. So, Irene rejects her. So, Irene doesn’t need her back. So, it’s too late to ask for forgiveness. So, it’s-

 

“ You already have that second chance. “ Wendy grows more muddled. Seeing her expression, Irene decides to explain, “ Silly, the first night we were together, without realizing, I already gave you the second chance. Luckily for you, you used it very well. You showered me with all the love and warmth that I’ve been longing from you. But at the same time, I was having doubts, whether you were playing with me or you really did that because you love me. But right now, all of my doubts are gone, because you finally give me your love in return, “ Irene cups her cheek, “ Welcome home, Seungwan.”

 

 

Irene leans her head on Wendy’s shoulder, holding her hand that is fit perfectly in hers. Wendy squeezes her hand, “ So you will not kick me out again this time right?” Irene squeezes tighter, “ If you break my heart again, I’ll do it for real.”

Wendy chuckles, kisses the girl on the forehead, “ I love you, truly.”

“ I love you too, always.”

 

 

“ Unnie, I come to hang out with Seul- Holy .” Joy is about to walk in but is greeted by the reunited couple kissing on the couch. She is too stunned to say anything until Seulgi comes, “ Joy, I know I’m hot but-“ Joy closes . Seulgi stares at where Joy’s looking, “ Oh my god.” The couple doesn’t realize the presence of those two so, Joy quickly pulls Seulgi out, “ They’re already together? Wow that fast? “ Joy nods, she decides to mock the other girl a bit, “ Wendy unnie is not like you, slow big dumb bear. “ Seulgi opens , ready to yell but Joy pushes her to the wall and shuts her up with her lips, “ I’m joking, baby.” Seulgi grins widely, taking Joy’s hand in hers and walk out together.

 

It’s true when people say,

Love works in the most mysterious ways. 


hello everyone T^T. i listened to the ready set's carry me home and i decided to write this teehee~ i'm sorry that this updated later than planned. anyway, i'm thinking to write another one shot but i'm not sure which couple to put in so maybe anyone can help me? hehe. thank you and have a great day ^O^ /kisseshugs/