Final 【1/1】

I Wish You The Best

Taehyung's lips trembled, worrying between his teeth as he tried to drown out all the dirtied and tarnished sounds that came from behind him, tears racing down the tracks that were his cheeks. He tried his best to quietly slip on his jacket and boots in his current state, softly stepping out into the chilly December air. He closed the door and rattled the keys into the hole, hoping that his presence had went unnoticed. 

 

He had come home from a tiring day at work, half-expecting a quiet house, because Jungkook had texted him to say that he had a company dinner. He had said an okay, because he had not expected his best friend, Jimin, to also text him that he was sick and could not come for their appointed dinner.

 

However, he had came home to find the both of them not only not sick and at a company dinner, but both entangled in each other's arms, whispering sinful nothings and doing unspeakable acts. He had then sneakily ran to his designated room where he had kept his belongings that were not in the room that he shared with his husband, salty and hot tears running and dripping onto the oakwood floor. He now sat at the apartment doorway, a cheap hotel pen and small post-it in his hand, scrawling the words "Don't come find me" and "I wish you the best with Jimin" before scrambling from what he called home. 

 

He was now walking along the back alley of his neighbourhood, cold hands to warm, wet face, for today, he had planned on surprising his husband when he got home, despite it being an important day for him. It was the day when a cake was to be cut, when candles were to be blown, when he made a wish that involved all his loved ones being happy and healthy. 

 

As he finally reached the end of the alley, he saw a small bakery that was still open at this ungodly hour. He bitterly smiled to himself; it wouldn't hurt to do just that, would it? He entered the warm cafe, smiling at the cashier whilst asking for a small strawberry shortcake and birthday candle. 

 

He sat himself down at the corner of the shop, thanked the waitress as she said a kind happy birthday, and blew the lone candle away, and wished. He wished that his parents were healthy, and that all his friends were happy. He finished the cake with a small sigh and another fresh round of tears, and stood up to leave. 

 

He now stood at the pedestrian crossing, and his legs just moved forward, because his tears blurred his vision and he doubted that any vehicle would be out in the middle of the night, especially in the middle of winter. But that was his undoing. He was in the middle of the road when when his oh-so-familiar voice had reached his ears, and as he looked up from the ground towards the sidewalk, a roar deafened his ears, drowning out his sweet voice. 

 

He felt the collision, and as Jungkook watched his beloved be thrown back from the force, he made a last wish. 

 

He wished Jungkook the best.