Chapter One

My Boss is My Husband

The wind was a little crispier than I thought it would be. It blowed past my skirt and tried to swoop it upwards. I quickly grasped the hem and kept it down.

Damn wind.

I turned around and looked into the little clothes store. I looked at the pair of pants and white blouse, designer clothes for the modern office lady. My pay wasn't high enough yet for me to afford it but one day...

I recently graduated from college. I got my spectacular degree in Chemistry and Physics with teaching. Therefore, I can continue my studies in Chemistry and Physics or I could become a high-school science teacher. To be honest, I did want to work on and get my masters in Applied Physics but the prices in Seoul are sky rocketing. For me to afford those two years of education I needed to obtain a job that paid well. Surprisingly, the demand on physics teachers was rather high and I managed to get into an all boys private school. I've been working there for a week and shockingly, I was enjoying it.

I thought boys would mock me and they would be difficult to handle but these kids were really interested in physics. I get to show cool experiments that I couldn't before because the insurance in the school covers it and the boys are very well behaved. A dream job for a woman in this day and age, isn't it?

However, my romantic life has been going down the drain. I dated for a year in college but I ended up breaking it off once I found him on top of my organic chemistry lecturer. Let's just say, it was difficult to get her to pass my paper after I reported her to the University.

My parents arranged a date at lunch time in a popular cafe down the street from my apartment. I was really mad when I first heard about it, but pondering upon it for a few more days, it turned out that I did want to date.

I have my own apartment. I have a degree. I have a good stable job and what could make it better? A nice, handsome wealthy husband. There we go, my life is complete.

I stared at the reflection of the store's window and let out a sigh.

Was this really going to work? I mean, blind dates never work out, right?

Snap out of it!

I cleared my throat, straightened up and placed a fake smile on my face. I was prepared, or at least, I made myself appear prepared. All my parents really forced me to do was just meet this man for a date, I don't have to marry him of course! Not on the first date...

I spun on the heels of my flat shoes and made my way across the road as the little green person across from me flashed. I held onto my little winter hat as a cold wind tried to pull it off my head. The closer I got to the cafe, the more nervous I became. What if he was ugly?

Just be polite and never see him again.

What if he was rude?

Just be polite and never talk to him again.

Sure enough those thoughts seemed to soothe me at the time. I crossed the bridge whilst continuously reminding myself not to panic. It is not the end of the world and everything will be okay in the end.

I got to the door of the little cafe. I placed my hand on it's icy cold handle and pulled it opened, slipping myself inside. The warm draft sent my red cheeks flushing a vibrant red. I looked around at the three four tables occupied by random couples and friends. I spotted one with a gentlemen sipping at a cup of tea, wearing a smart suit. He was kind of handsome, but definitely not my type. I shrugged to myself and thought, it could have been worse.

I felt the door behind me open and a tall, lean gentleman walked in. He also had a sharp suit on, gelled back hair and a cocky smile.

"Mr. Ok!" I gasped, surprised to see him there.

"Ah Ms. Lee," he was startled. "I didn't expect to see you here," he walked around me awkwardly.

"Me neither," I suddenly realized how embarrassing this date was going to be. I was about to meet my possible future husband in front of my new boss, the principle of JYP High.

"I'm so sorry but I'm here to meet someone," I shyly smiled.

"Ah that's okay, same with me," he nodded his head and walked towards and empty table. I cleared my throat and straightened up before approaching the cute man at the table.

"Hello," I gave him a cute smile.

"Eh... hello?" he seemed a little awkward.

"I'm Chohee, you must be Taecyeon, right?" I flashed my pearl white teeth.

"Eh sorry, but my name is Taemin..." he leaned back in his chair, feeling a little flustered. Imagine. He was the one who was flustered. Just think how embarrassed I felt at the time!

"Ah, excuse me," I gave him a brisk bow before walking over to an empty table and sitting down, my back to the gentleman named Taemin. I buried my head in my hands. How could I have been so dumb as to do that? I should have asked for a picture from my parents...

Suddenly my phone vibrated. Mentally sobbing, I pulled my phone out of my pocket and checked the message.

"I'm at the cafe, are you close?" Taecyeon send me a message. I looked around for someone who was texting. The only one with his hands on his phone was my boss, Mr. Ok. He too was staring at me quiet blankly. We didn't move or say anything for a very long time until finally, he rose from his seat and approached me. He cleared his throat before speaking.

"I'm guessing, you're Chohee," he gave me an awkward smile.

"And you're Taecyeon, nae?" I let a shy giggle slip through my lips. He sat down at the chair opposed from mine.

"This is quiet an awkward situation, isn't it?" he laughed.

"A little," I flushed.

"Well, let me introduce myself. My name is Ok Taecyeon, and I am the principle at JYP High," he laughed. I laughed with him. It wasn't awkward this time, it just came naturally.

"I'm Lee Chohee, I teach Physics in JYP High," I smiled at him, flashing my large brown eyes.

"Well there's a perfect start," he commented. For a moment, for a spark of a moment, I thought this could be perfect. What an amazing couple we would be! Teacher and principle with beautiful well educated children, living in a big apartment in the city...

"I've got to go," I abruptly stated, rising from my seat.

"What do you mean? You just got here!" he gave me a perplexed expression.

"I know but... we can't do this," I stated, starring at him. "You're my boss," I bit my lower lip.

"Look, I don't know if coincidences exist or not, but we are here today. Right now. My parents told me about an incredible girl I used to have a crush on when I was seven years old," he began explaining. "And now I get to see her as a woman, and myself as a man, sitting, I mean, standing, before me," he explained.

"Seven years old?" I raised my eyebrow.

"You don't remember me?" he smirked. "Our fathers were college friends and they met up a few times during the early years. We used to play with each other, you can't recall?" he raised an eyebrow.

"Not really," I hadn't realized but I was sitting once again.

"I guess you wouldn't... you barely turned five I believe," he laughed at the memory.

"I was five? That makes you..."

"Twenty three," he abruptly stated.

"How are you a principle at such a young age?" I gasped.

"I graduated college at a young age, and with my parents influence..." he shrugged.

"Parents influence?" I raised my eyebrow at him.

"My parents are large shareholders with Hyundai... I thought you knew," he looked at me with his furrowed eyebrows. "You really went into this date rather clueless, didn't you?" he sniggered. I felt a little embarrassed once more. This was becoming an emotional rollercoaster ride for me. "Are you alright?" he asked, his expression changing from amusement to concern.

"I'm fine," I raised my hand to him. "This just reminds me of a really bad k-drama," I sighed. He smiled and leaned back in his chair. I liked his smile. It was so tender and sweet, and with a hint of sarcasm playing around in the corners. He was handsome in a way. It was rather strange to be honest. His eyes weren't large, but he had large buck teeth sticking out a little in the front and over-sized ears on each side of his head. Despite these traits, he was definitely handsome. And manly. Even beastily.

"Hello, still there?" he waved his long slim fingers in front of my eyes. I blinked and shied away.

"So what have you decided on?" the waiter came over.

"I'd like a cappuccino and..." Taecyeon raised his hand towards me, a gesture asking what I'd like.

"Hot chocolate please," I replied, my voice a little squeaky. The waiter nodded and walked back behind the counter.

"What do you think of this date so far?" Taecyeon asked with a wide smile on his face for some reason.

"Well, other than an emotional turmoil... it's pretty interesting," I laughed a little in my head with the choice of words I used. He smiled back at me, cocking his head to the side, studying my expression and facial features. For some reason, I loved every moment when he looked at me that way. It was so perfect. Right there and then, I decided I would marry him. Not really to please my parents but rather, I was actually happy with my choice.

Ok Taecyeon, my boss, my husband.