New Year's Kiss

New Year's Snow
After their Christmas Jongin and Taemin had a few schedules, like saying merry Christmas and happy New year to all the fans on different tv programs, not much. They had made plans to get SHINee and EXO together for the new year countdown, which they were anxiously waiting for.
 
It was the night before Christmas New year's eve when Jongin and Taemin were curled up on the couch, wearing the clothes the other had gotten for them and cute little slippers hugging their feet, hot chocolate in hand, watching random movies. The room was dark so they could watch the movies with the full effect and Jongin had one arm wrapped around Taemin. 
 
"Hey, hey, hey, hey, hey!! Jongin look!" Taemin said after repeatedly hitting Jongin's arm and pointed to the window. "It's snowing!" 
 
Jongin glanced out the window and saw large flakes fluttering down and coating the buildings and the streets before their eyes. The sky was cloudy, heavy with more snow that was just waiting to be released so they can paint the city of Seoul with their white blanket.
 
"Sweet! I feel like we haven't had snow in FOREVER!" Jongin said happily.
 
"Right?" Taemin replied. "Hey, you wanna go for a walk?" He asked quietly. It had been a while since their last walk together and it was late and snowing, the chances of getting caught were low.
 
"Sure, let's just get dressed for the snow."
 
~
 
By "getting dressed for the snow" they meant snow boots, skinny jeans, and their sweaters plus a fluffy jacket. Jongin was smart enough to bring gloves and Taemin brought a hat. The snow was falling in chunks, many would softly fall then another heavy layer would fall right after. 
 
Their hands were linked together and they watched to snow fall and pile up on everything. The clouds looked like a pretty pale pink color in the darkness, despite all of the lights. Taemin adjusted his hand, trying to discreetly tuck his cold fingers in Jongin's warm hand. But of course, Jongin noticed.
 
"What are you doing with your fingers you weirdo?" Jongin asked humerously.
 
Taemin felt a blush crawl up to his cheeks. "...My fingers are cold.."
 
Jongin's laughter echoed around them but of course, no one was around. "You're cute." Jongin said lovingly before pressing a kiss to Taemin's forehead.
 
"I'm not cute, I'm manly!" Taemin exclaimed almost seriously, if it wasn't for Jongin's laughter after words he probably could've kept a striaght face.
 
Once their laughter died Jongin said, "Definately cute."
 
~
 
The next morning when Taemin opened his eyes he was blinded by the thick white snow and the bright gray-white clouds that danced in the sky. He checked the clock, it was about 12:30, good thing they didn't have schedule. Jongin's arms were clapsed tightly around him, hugging him like he was just a big ol' teddy bear. Taemin reached for his phone and turned it on. Key had texted him three times and there was a weather alert from the weather app he uses. The alert said 'heavy snow storms, stay off roads.' He then checked his text messages.
 
From: Key-hyung
To: Taemin
Hey, EXO just got here, but where are you guys?
 
From: Key-hyung
To: Taemin
Are you guys okay?! It's snowing real bad. Text me back.
 
From: Key-hyung
To: Taemin
DID YOU HEAR THAT THEY ROADS ARE BLOCKED?! OMG ARE YOU GUYS INSIDE????
 
Leave it up to Key to panic. Taemin sighed and replied.
 
From: Taemin
To: Key-hyung
We're fine. I just woke up, Jongin's still sleeping like a brick. Wait, the roads are blocked??? Well we're kinda stuck here then... Tell everyone else happy New Year for us okay? Bye.
 
Taemin put his phone back on the night stand and fell onto his back, closing his eyes in the process.
 
~
 
It was around two when both of them were finally wake and were in the kitchen, preparing "breakfast."
 
"When are we going over to the SHINee dorm?" Jongin asked while pouring some ceral.
 
"We can't, the roads are blocked. You know it takes a good 20 minutes to get there." Taemin said before taking a sip of his banana milk.
 
Jongin stopped pouring and stood there for a moment, letting the information sink in. He grinned, not that Taemin could see it, but nonetheless an amazing idea popped in his head.
 
"Jonginnie?" Jongin jumped at his nickname being called and the light hand on his back.
 
"Yup?" Jongin replied casually and began to pour his ceral again, only stopping when it was full.
 
"You okay with spending New Year's alone with me?" Taemin asked, a hint of mischief in his voice as he leaned on the counter.
 
"Indeed." Jongin said before pulling Taemin up and placed a kiss to his lips.
 
~
 
It was 11:59. Taemin and Jongin were sitting on the couch, more like the edge of their couch, watching the countdown on tv. Jongin had the tv remote in hand and the only light was coming from the tv. He was grinning from ear to ear.
 
"Jonginnie, countdown starting from 10!" Taemin said excitedly.
 
When the big 10 reached the screen they began to countdown mindlessly. Jongin had his hand on the power off button and he was waiting for the right second. 
 
"10!"
 
"9!"
 
"8!"
 
"7!"
 
"6!"
 
"5!"
 
"4!"
 
"3!"
 
"2!"
 
"1-"
 
Everything was cut off as Jongin turned the tv off and pressed his lips to Taemin's as a New Year's kiss. He felt Taemin wrap his arms around his neck and Jongin pushed him to the couch, himself on top. They heard Taemin's phone vibrate in an incoming phone call but they just snickered before Jongin deepened the kiss.
 
They had other plans in mind for the first few minutes of the New Year. They could celebrate more traditonally for the Lunar New Year but for now, they were gonna do it their way.
 
~
 
A/N
AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH HAPPY NEW YEAR MY FRIENDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is a sequel to my Christmas fic 'Holiday Eyes.' It has the same concept with the whole 'living in the same apartment' thing. And the snow was based off of what happened at my place, we got A LOT of snow the night before New Year's Eve but the roads weren't blocked, I added that so that TaeKai was forced to be alone >:D Plus you know what happens next ;)
 
So Happy New Year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
Luci~<333
 
Song of the chapter: First Snow by EXO-K and M (I listened to both versions ^^)