Some Other Day

The survivors

I reached the bus stop but none of the bus stops there. I wonder who is late right now. Me or the bus. I watched the cars passing by and dark clouds are forming slowly in the sky.

'Isn't this a good position?'

The image of me and Jiyong pops on my head .

'His lips... His eyes... The way he look at me makes me wonder what is he thinking at that moment.' My heart demands an unconditional surrender.

I cover my face to close the smile that i can't hide. 'Maybe  there is still a chance... right?' Maybe putting my hopes higher than me could be a bigger problem.

"Miss?!!!!  Are you coming or not?!!"My train of thoughts were cut off and the awkward moment was when I realize people are staring at me. An old ajusshi that drives the bus was calling me. I quickly grab my bag and went in without uttering a single word

'Omg... this is so embarrasing, I was making a stupid face!' I sighed and leaned on the window. My mind wondering again and Doctor Kim appeared. That old man, every month he'll try to come up with some invention just for my eyes.He said that he can't call himself a doctor if he abandoned his patient.

He is the only one who I share my secret with.. Well... some of the nurse were scared of me. Maybe I am more like a creepy kid to them instead of a person who needs help.

 

Author's POV

Donghae.... Long time no see. Don't you miss me? Don't answer that cuz I know you do, right?                                                                                          Anyway I got myself caught in a big trouble                                                                                                                                                                                 From: Your Important Person                                                                                                                                                                               

 

"That idiot." Donghae sighed. He grab his coat and took a glance at his watch. Hoping that it's not too late. He rushed out and try to hail a cab.

 

 

Dara get down from the bus as she reached her destination. She was looking forward to that old man's non-stop experiment.

"Hey, I've reached here. Eunhyuk ..Where are you?'' Donghae called his good-for-nothing  friend. Sometimes, he is the closest friend he is ever with. Maybe he was the only one who can see through him.

"Donghae-ah... Yah You!! Since when you've been so disrespectful.Call me Hyungnim ...Anyway,you know where is my office, near the vending machine, where we used to chat. See you there." Before Donghae could even answer Eunhyuk hung up his phone. "Aishhh...That bastard." He mumbled to himself and walk in the hospital.

"Halmoeni, that's not a helicopter. Its a ceiling fan. How many times did I tell you... Aigoo~ Just leave the helicopter alone. I will take care of it later." Donghae stop his tracks as the voice is sound so familiar.

"Dara?" He turned around and saw her, talking to her phone. 'Never fail to appear again.' Donghae smiled while thinking that Dara was the best thing he sees that morning.

"Yes, halmoeni. I will be back soon before it rains. Don't worry, okay.. Bye." She ended the call with a sigh. Donghae quickly turn so that she wouldn't notice him and walk to the place where he is suppose to meet him.

"I should really stop this..." Donghae sighed as he kept hiding from Dara.

"Hyungnim, " Donghae called him out as he arrived at the guy's office.

"Long time no see, Donghae-ah,"Eunhyuk interrupted   

 

"Dara sshi, please come in. Doctor Kim is waiting anxiously to see you." said one of the nurse.

Dara nodded and walk to Doctor's Kim office. She can see him watching the scenery with a cup of coffee in his hand as if he is holding a hot pack.

"It's like waiting for my daugther to come from overseas. Never promise to be early but never too late." He said after taking a sip.

"Ajusshi, But at least I'm here, right?" she smiled

"That's why.." He turned.

He was wearing a gigantic sunglasses and put on a big smile.The sunglasses looks similar to a pair of goggles. She giggled quietly at that thought.

"I prepared for you this." He remove the glasses proudly and show it to Dara.

 

 

"Ah, I forgot. Donghae, buy 2 cans of coffee, please." He smiled.

"Money?" Donghae put on his pokerface. Eunhyuk gave him and Donghae went to the vending machine next to the office.

He insert the money and pressed the button. He kept pressing it but nothing comes out of the vending machine.It really get in his nerves so he tried kicking it for a few times.

~Bzzzzz.....Bbzzzz~

Donghae dig in his pocket and reach for his phone.

Yah!! You Idiot That vending machine is spoiled ..Why do you think I told you to buy if the vending machine is working... Stop kicking it and buy it from the cafeteria                                                                

"Damn it, that bastard." Donghae was still holding it in after reading that text.

He ask the nurse that was passing by him. "May I know the way to the cafeteria." After thanking her for giving him direction he smiles and head to the cafeteria.

 

 

"Bionic Glasses!!" Doctor Kim added while giving her a post as if he was filmming a commercial

Dara looked at him with big, round eyes for a minute then she burst out laughing. She wipe her tears with one hand while holding the bionic glasses. Once she calmed down and caught her breath, she tell him.

"Ajusshi, this is so amazing if I put this on maybe i can read more minds as people keep staring." She try to put in on.

She chuckled and remove the glasses "I know you are worried about me and you are just doing your best to help me not to go crazy with this mind reading thing." She place her arm on his shoulder and push him a little that made him sit.

 

 

"Turn left at Doctor Kim's office hmm...His office is.."Donghae search for his office,he made a few rounds and at last he found it.
"After that turn she said to ....."

"Dara,you didn't break your promise right?." Donghae stops as he heard Dara's name,he have no choice but to feed his  own curious thoughts of Dara's visit to the hospital.He stood back and listen to their conversation forgetting about the coffee and his friend.

 

 

"Ajusshi,I never did. In fact, none of my classmate knows that I can read their mind and I 've been hiding it from them years ,so you don't have to worry.That accident ,that day... is the only thing that I remember but before that I dont even know.When I woke up I remember that i cried but before that accident I know nothing."Dara wasn't smiling anymore she didn't like talking about it but she know that she might need to face it sooner or later, and she have to be mentally prepared for it .

Donghae just leaned at the door facing the ceiling after hearing everything ,he walk away to the cafeteria.Regreting?Maybe...

He bought the coffee.It's a good thing that his money was just enough for two .

~Bzz...Bbzzz~

Donghae,Did the nurse send you to overseas or  something...Or  is it amnesia?BECAUSE I'VE BEEN WAITING for the coffee.YOU!!You Better get your here !!Jiguem!!

"Ah, right ..right.Gotta be there before he really blow up."Donghae get his feet moving.

'Hm..... i turned left from here... right'

~Bammm~

-------"OOOUCH Owwwww!!!"Donghae cried .He closed his eyes while holding his head,just to make sure it didn't fall off.

---------"Donghae??" Dara was shock to Donghae's presence.

--------"Yes..Yes that's my name.Chogiyo !!don't you think you should apo..logize.." he stopped after lifting his head  .."Dara?"