Chapter 01: Remember Our First Dance?

But You Didn't

“Breaking News: Got 7 Jackson & Kara Youngji set to have a special performance at this years SBS Gayo Daejun.”

“Roommate’s Jackson & Youngji y performance confirmed for SBS Gayo, netizens give mixed responses.”

“Jackson Wang and Heo Youngji confirmed to be having a special performance next week on the stage of SBS Gayo Daejun.”

“SBS Gayo is said to be the most anticipatedend of year show after the announcment of Roommate's cute Jackji couples upcoming couple  performance.”

________________________________________________
 

01.12.14 - JYP Entertainment Building


 

"1, 2, 3, 4! Come on! Get yourselves together! Do it right for once!"

The two idols flinched at the loud voice of their irritated instructor before continuing the dance they were taught just 4 days ago for the 100th time. Halfway through the dance, the music came to an abrupt stop and the instructor looked at them disappointingly.

"Chemistry guys! Chemistry! We're 10 days away from the live performance and you guys still aren't comfortable with each other enough to act like a couple. What good is a couple performance when the two performers can barely express themselves with each other. Why can't you two act like you normally do with each other but in the form of dancing?!"

The instructor crossed his arms and exhaled loudly in fustration as the two idols stood infront of him with their heads down to guilty to look at him straight in the eye. Finally calming himself down, he took a glance at the two sweating idols before he started heading to the door. 

"Practice is done for tonight. Rest up and come back tomorrow morning at 10am." The door slams shut and the two idols sat down on the floor against the mirror wiping their sweat in silence not knowing what to do nor how to feel. Sighing at the same time, the two turned to look at each other tiredly.

"What are we going to do Wang Jackson? Everyone's going to be so disappointed in our performance and we'll never get the chance to do something special like this again. Why can't we get it right? Is there something wrong with me? Or is it you? Or is it both of us? Maybe it's because-"

"Heo Youngji, calm down! We can do this it'll just take a bit more practice so just stop worrying!" the blonde boy exclaimed as he rolled his eyes.

"But-" 

"Shut up and stand up." the boy instructed as he stood up himself looking down at the girl waiting for her to do so to. 

Youngji stands up looking at Jackson curiously as she moved to stand in front of him. Almost instantly, he puts his hands on her shoulders giving it a reassuring squeeze before his hands travelled down to her waist and pulling her closer. Youngji stood there frozen in shock as he leaned his forehead against hers staring into her eyes.  

"We're doing a couple performance, we have to act like one to do the dance well but everytime we have to stand close or do something more intimate, you grow stiff like right now. Just let loose Heo Youngji. If you can't, then the performance is going to flop."

"It's not like I wanted it to be like this okay?! I'm just not use to it." Youngji snaps at the boy as she removes his hands from her hips.

"Look Heo Youngji, i'm as uncomfortable as you are but we have to do this come on. The sooner we get this right, the faster and longer our breaks can be." 

Youngji sighs as she thinks about what he says before nodding her head slowly as she takes a deep breath before moving even closer to Jackson slowly moving her hands up and wraps them around his neck. The two unconsciously start to sway side to sway as they continue to look at each other in the eyes. Jackson who grew more comfortable as the minutes went by pulls Youngji right up against him and wraps his arms around her waist holding her tightly not noticing the reddening of the latters cheeks. Slowly looking away in embarrasment, Youngji tries to look down to only get her head lifted up to face jackson with their face only centimeters apart. Finally after a few minutes, Jackson lets Youngji go and the boy's dorky smile grows back onto his face.

"See? that wasn't so bad and you seemed rather comfortable, now we just have to get you to be that comfortable during the dance." 

Youngji nods slowly as her head wonders off to the silent thoughts that were previously occupying her mind. Jackson heads over to the laptop and starts the first song of their performance in which they each get to do a solo and starts dancing to his part, moving around smoothly and swiftly as he tried to get into character. Youngji who snapped out of her thoughts after hearing the music blast through the speaker quickly understood the situation and ran to get into position for her solo. As the song switched over to hers, she stood in position and gets ready to dance her part. As the song begins, Youngji moves to the beat and starts dancing her solo moving through it easily as she did every move ily and easily. Nearing the end of her solo, Youngji instantly grew more anxious and worried as she sees Jackson move into position for the next dance. Ending with a pose, she closes her eyes and calms herself down as the music changed to a more upbeat song signaling the start of the three different style of couple dances. Opening her eyes again, she sees Jackson already beside her giving her a warm smile before facing the mirror. 

"3, 2, 1." Youngji mumbles under her breath and starts dancing the moves that she has been practicing over and over again for the pass two weeks this time trying to relax herself more as she moves herself in sync with Jackson. 

As the single switches again to beat of the second couple dance, the mood became more sensual and romantic with the plucking of guitars. Letting out a deep breath, she closes her eyes and dances moving herself around the room dancing the steps she has memorized over the past few sessions of practice this time trying to act more natural and intimate everytime Jackson gets close or touches her throughout the choreo. Finally hearing the last song change, she repositions herself giving Jackson a soft smile through the mirror as she prepares for her final choreo. This was the hardest routine of the three as it was her first time ever learning something similar to contemporary and it also involved the most skinship out of the three so concentration was needed when she had to dance to this song and that was exactly what she did. Counting down in her head, she joins Jackson in the dance allowing him to touch her tenderly as she gracefully dances along to the song this time, feeling somewhat a lot more confident and comfortable with the skinship. As the song comes to an end and she places his hands in her hoodie, Jackson pulls her against him and leans his forehead against hers this time with a huge grin plastered on his face. 

"I think we're finally doing better Heo Youngji~ Good Job!" Jackson exclaims as he grins and high fives her. 

"BUT you're still quite stiff and made a few mistakes in each choreography," the blondie says right after he high fives the tired girl instantly making the girl groan as she drops to the floor laying herself on her back. 

"Oh would you just shut up for once and let me enjoy the compliment."

Jackson laughs as he lays down beside the pouting girl and closes his eyes letting his tiredness take over knocking him out within the first 5 minutes. Youngji who still had her eyes open slowly turns her head to the side and moves the sleeping boys hair out of his face unconsciously tracing her fingers over his features. Finally noticing what she was doing, she quickly removes her finger from his face and lays back onto her back closing her eyes as well drifting off into a deep slumber. 

________________________________________________

8 days left:

"1, 2, 3, 4, 1, 2, 3, 4! Good! Good! You're doing a lot better Youngji!" the dance teacher exclaimed as he claps to the beat of the song not taking notice to the sweet smiles the two young stars were exchanging to each other throughout the dance.

________________________________________________

6 days left:

"Good Youngji! Move closer! That's right good good!" The dance teacher says as the smile on his face grew wider and wider as each day went by as he notices the huge improvements made from both Youngji and Jackson after the day he had snapped at them. 

________________________________________________

2 days left:

"We have 2 days left everyone! Keep your head in the game and remember to keep in sync." the dance teacher lectures as the two idols and their back up dancers warm up. 

With two days left, final adjustments have been finalised to the dance and the includement of back up dancers have also been decided. Getting into position, the two idols smile at each other as the music starts.

________________________________________________

D-Day:

Backstage was a mess. Idols were rushing in and out with coordis and stylists following them, Staff were running around fixing and confirming things, props were stacked and placed all over the place and screams and shouts fill the concert hall. Hearing all the screams and shouts from staff and fans alike, the Jackji pairing start getting nervous as their special performance gets closer and closer but the person who was extremely nervous out of the two was of course Youngji.

"Jackson, what if I don't do well? What if I make a mistake? What if I fall? What if an accident happens? What if-" Youngji was cut off when Jackson covers with his hand as he softly slaps the side of her head,

"Snap out of it Heo Youngji, we can do this. Nothing with happen and you'll make no mistakes so stop stressing. Just concentrate on focusing your feelings." Jackson advises as he looks at her in the eyes as she nods slowly and takes deep breaths after being able to remove his hands from cupping . As  After School's performance ends and the MCs of the night slowly ease into the next upcoming act, Jackson, Youngji and the back up dancers quickly run on the main stage and get ready for their performance. 

"As everyone knows, there has and will be many special performances throughout tonight and right now, we will be able to witness the most anticipated performance of tonight.... Please Welcome, Jackson and Youngji's couple performance!"

All the lights turn off as the screams of hundreds and thousands of fans fill the concert hall. With both Jackson and Youngji taking their final big breath, the lights turn back on shining onto Jackson and without a doubt, he shined and easily danced through his solo stage. The lights dim once Jackson does his final pose and slowly lands on Youngji as the song changes and her performance starts as she struts to the center of the stage with her back up dancers. Getting into the act, she dances seductively with her dancers and strikes a pose as the song switches again and Jackson runs to the center of the stage positoning himself beside Youngji as the dancers run off to the side.

As the couple start their first performance, screams and fanchants grow louder as the fans get more excited as the dance goes on. As the performance goes on and they're finally up to the final dance and the beat gets slower, fans grow quieter as they get absorbed into the dance and enjoy the wonderful performance. The lights were dimmed once again and lights were shone on the two performers who moved along in perfect sync and displayed a huge amount of chemistry as they move around the stage allowing their bodies to take over. The pair naturally carried, hugged and touched each other throughout the routine arousing screams from fans everytime such actions happened. As the song comes to the end and the two move closer to each other, they stare into each others eyes as smiles grew on their faces and Youngji does her final move in which she grabs his hands and shove them into her pockets but after she did so, Jackson pulled her into him again just like the time they had practiced alone but this time, not only had he bent down and leaned his forehead against hers but he slowly shut his eyes and softly landed a kiss on her lips shocking not only her but everyone in audience and everyone backstage.

Fans immediately erupted into screams and squeals as mixed reactions were let out. Youngji who froze in her spot unconsciously shut her eyes and kissed back as the blinds slowly move down and covers the stage. Noticing that the curtains were down had knocked Youngji out of her frozen state and she abruptly pulls back from the kiss blushing hard while Jackson himself also grows red and avoids eye contact has he rubs his neck sheepisly.

The two stars quickly rush off stage receiving many teasing and curious stares from staff and idols alike as they move to their waiting room where the dance teacher had moved himself to.

Opening the door, the two idols were quickly teased by the dance teachers and back up dancers as they move as far away from each other as possible.

"Now that, is what I call a performance!" the dance teacher shouts out as he laughs loudly.

"Jackson-ah, Remember when you taught me how to dance and I kept making mistakes?

I thought you would get mad at me...

But You Didn't."

________________________________________________

Authors Note : Lucid_Dreams1004

Hi there my fellow subscibers, I know it has taken me ages to post this first chapter and I promise the next chapter is coming up soon. Sorry for such a long wait and if I disappointed you guys with such a chapter after making you guys wait for so long, please unsubscribe if you want because I deeply apologize hahaha I haven't written in ages and its 5:14am so i'm sorry if there are many spelling mistakes and punctuation errors and of course, my writting is really rusty so its horrible and cheesy. Do comment below and give me some advice or whatever you want really.