Chapter 8: Engagement Party

We Can't Be
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Invited people are dressed formally for this wonderful night. Ladies are wearing their pretty dresses and the guys are wearing long-sleeved shirts or a suit. Beautiful music is heard produced from a piano with a little chattering from the people. I huffed and pouted as I rubbed my arms due to the coldness that’s eating me.

            “Wow. You look all gorgeous, princesses.” Chanyoung oppa said with a silly grin plastered on his face. He’s looking really handsome with his white suit and black tie. “You did a very good job, jagi.” He added then wrapped his arm on Soo-unnie’s slim waist.

            “I really did.” Soo-unnie stated with her playful smirk. I scoffed at them.

            “Oppa, this is so unright. Why are we wearing these dresses that ended above our knees and these are sleeveless. Do you want us to die from the coldness in this beach?” I muttered under my breath. Yes, the four of us are wearing casual dresses that end above our knees and are sleeveless in this cold breezed night at the beach.

            “That’s why it is called a punishment, Chae.” Unnie said while giggling. We all groaned in protest. She and oppa punished us through this. They made us wear these pretty dresses that don’t suit the weather in the beach and these burdening high wedges.

            “You shouldn’t have forgotten a very special day then. Especially you, Sookyung my little sister and you, Chaeyoung my fiance’s sister and my sister-in-law. Right?” She stated and crossed her arms in front of her chest.

            “Eh unnie! We we’re just too occupied with your madness over us. And that art-project thingy.” Sookyung defended.

            “Well, still not our fault sweetie. We’ll get going now. Need to entertain the guests. I’ll talk to you later, gorgeous ladies.” Oppa smiled and playfully winked at us. Soo unnie chuckled and patted oppa’s arm. “Ya! Smile!” Soo unnie added before disappearing to the crowd.

            “What now?” Taehee asked while pouting.

            “Aish. Why did we forget it anyway?” Hyemin added.

            “Nevermind. Let’s just eat, shall we?” Sookyung said while pinching the bridge of her nose. We all looked up at the mention of eating. We followed Sookyung’s lead to the buffet table. I stopped as I saw someone I never expected to see again, which made the girls also stop and ask me.

            “Yoon Chaeyoung!” Taehee protested like a little kid. I didn’t answer and just continued staring at him whose eyes are also staring at me. They noticed it and glanced where my eyes are gawking. They all gasped from shock to what they are seeing or whom they are seeing. “Oh my gosh.” Hyemin mumbled before we heard Soo-unnie’s voice.

            “Oh! Guys you’re here!” She squeaked before hugging Sehun. And I got wide-eyed at the scene.

            “Sookyung-ah! You girls are just in time!” She said a bit surprised when she saw us. She was about to talk again when she noticed how stiff all of us had become. She looked at us then at them, she repeated doing that for about 3 times before she cleared .

            “Uhm. I guess you guys know each other. How did you meet each other anyway?” She asked smiling, still not knowing a thing. Then, we turned our heads when unnie was being called by oppa telling that they need to greet the guests.

            “Oh! I better go now. I’ll talk to all of you later okay? Kyung, give your cousin and his friends company. Bye!” She said before patting Sehun’s head and dashed off to the stage where oppa is. I looked at Sookyung bewildered and shireked, “Cousin?!”

            “Why didn’t you told us before Kyung?!” Hyemin asked surprised as well.

            “Ugh! You guys didn’t ask me anyway.” Sookyung just shrugged and rolled her eyes at us. Just then Chanyeol reacted late with this matter, “You two are cousins?” He asked while pointing the two of them. They just nodded their heads which made Chanyeol gasped, “Heol…” He muttered while covering his mouth that made the four us giggling. Imagine a handsome tall man doing some girly reaction? Chanyeol just grinned and scratched the back of his neck, embarrassed.

            “We’ll eat later. Let’s just go back to our table for now.” Hyemin stated. We went back to our table with four stunning boys following us. When we reached our area, I sat beside Taehee and Baekhyun sat next to me in this round table. He really wants to annoy the hell out of me, I thought to myself. As usual, Chanyeol and Hyemin started a conversation again; Sookyung and Sehun talking so quietly, while the other three and I were plain silent. I shifted in my seat uncomfortably and rubbed my arms when the wind blew softly. I huffed as I noticed a suit in front of me. I looked up at the one who hold the suit with furrowed eyebrows.

            “Aren’t you cold? Wear this for now.” He said with unreadable eyes. The others seem to stop chattering and glanced at us with curious eyes.

            “No thanks.” I said trying to fake a smile even though I’m really feeling cold at this rate. He stood up from his seat and went to cover me with his suit.

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter