Final

AS MUCH AS I AM TO YOU
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
***
I heard you like roses. You said they’re beautiful.
But for me, they aren’t as beautiful as you.
***

In mere minutes, Jaejoong’s expression has changed for umpteenth times. He was shock, that’s for sure, but mostly he want to laugh. Laugh so hard. Who was this person that stupid enough to say that a very-very-very nerd guy like him is more beautiful than roses anyway? Must be there was something wrong in this person’s brain.

It was just a moment ago, Jaejoong opened his locker to take out his PE’s uniform and found out a baby blue letter stick inside his locker. There was no the sender’s name stated and the letter was written very neatly—too neat for a guy’s. But if it was from a girl, what kind of girl that would make such comparison between her (male)crush with roses? That’s weird, so Jaejoong made a conclusion that the sender should be a guy.

And that was how Jaejoong found himself gasping loudly from the realization. Was it that obvious of him being a gay? Was it that obvious of him being a ‘catcher*’ instead of ‘pitcher*’?  That would be so no-no-no! Eventough homoual relationship was pretty acceptable in society nowadays, Jaejoong hasn’t came out about his uality just yet. Jaejoong was making sure to covered up about his uality to everyone carefully all this time, so no one knew that the nerd Kim Jaejoong is a gay guy.

(*(Taken from Totally Captivated by Yoo Hajin) Catcher/Pitcher are revering to position in gay relationship. Catcher revering to the bottom, and pitcher’s the top.)

Or so he thought.

Then the doe eyed nerd was making conclusion once more, the letter’s sender must put his letter in wrong locker. That should be it.
If the letter was from a guy and the letter should be for a girl, then it wouldn’t be so weird anymore because his locker right next to Tiffany’s—the most beautiful and the most wanted girl in their school. She was cheerleader team captain, she was rich, smart and all, who wouldn’t want her? It would be making more sense to think that the letter is actually for Tiffany.

The letter that was written oh so sweetly shouldn’t for a nerd boy like Jaejoong.

Oh, please… he was one of the nerdest boy of all nerds in his school. He’s wearing spectacles that would be easily mistaken as his grandma’s. Jaejoong was simply an old fashioned from head to toes and he was very much aware of that. But he was just couldn’t help it. Once he was try to buy those branded and fashioned clothes by using his savings for months, but those oh-not-so-cheap clothes ended up unused in his wardrobe. Because his t-shirt, old sweaters and big size jeans were way more comfortable and better than all of those pricey clothes combined.

Nothing you would find interesting from a certain Kim Jaejoong. The boy was even always stuttering when he talked to strangers or people that he thought wasn’t close enough. 

Maybe that’s why the only best friend Jaejoong’s got was no other than another nerd boy, Kim Junsu.

“Woah… you got a love letter, Jaejoong-ssi? Who is the sender?”

Caught of guard, Jaejoong almost jumped off from where he was stand. His mind was too preoccupied to put any attention to people surrounds him. There she was, without Jaejoong realized, Tiffany must have been stood long time enough right behind him to had a chance to read the letter in Jaejoong’s hand.

“Uhm… I… I’m not sure.” Jaejoong said awkwardly and began to stutters. “I think… uhm… some..someone has mistaken my locker as yours. This is must be for you.”

Tiffany accepted the letter from Jaejoong with frown on her face. He took a look and read the letter carefully only to give the letter back to Jaejoong a moment later. “This wasn’t for me.” She said.

“But-but…”

“Tell me, Jaejoong-ssi. Do you like rose?”

No, Jaejoong didn’t like rose. He loved rose. For God sake, Jaejoong even has bunch of beautiful colored roses beside his bedroom windows just so Jaejoong could take a glimpse of beautiful flowers every morning when he opened the windows.

“Y-yes, b-but…”

“Then it’s clear now that the letter is for you. So take it.” Soon, the letter being put back in Jaejoong’s hand. Jaejoong lost his words, but the doubtful on his face still noticeable.

“Listen to me, Jaejoong-ssi… this person must be could see something that the other couldn’t see on you. You’re beautiful, I’m agree on that. So no need to feel so doubtful if this letter was really for you or not, because it is… it must be for you.” Warm’s smile that spread on Tiffany’s face made her more stunning than ever. Not giving any chance to Jaejoong to reply, Tiffany grabbed his cheerleader uniform from her locker and leave Jaejoong.

Jaejoong sighed. Tiffany was so beautiful and gentle, she was different from most of girls that always threated Jaejoong coldly and badly. Tiffany deserved all the love letters in the world and because of that, Jaejoong still believed that the letter was for Tiffany, not for him. Obviously not for him.

Damn that person who stupidly mistaken his locker as Tiffany’s. Jaejoong grunted.

Unbeknown by Jaejoong, as he took steps to leave as well, there was a pair of piercing eyes from a certain guy. The guy watched all the scenes quietly not far from there. 

***
I heard you like sunset.
If you willing to give me a chance, I would loved to asking your hands, to walk in the beach with me and I’ll show you the most beautiful sunset you’ve ever seen.
***

Jaejoong got the second letter three days after he got the first one. This time he found it in his drawer right before the class started.
Jaejoong turned around immediately and found Tiffany’s table which was few tables away from his. This time, it’s imposible to someone mistaken his table as Tiffany’s, isn’t it?

Moreover… Jaejoong really liked sunset. Did this mean that the letters really for him?!

Jaejoong shaked his head grumpily. Must be there is something wrong about this. Nerd like him wouldn’t have any admirer, that’s for sure. Someone must be doing prank on him right now.

The realization hit him soon. Jaejoong turned around and gave Junsu who sat quietly beside him a glare.

“W-what?” Junsu asked. He was flustered as he noticed how intense Jaejoong looked at him at the moment.

“It’s not funny at all, Su.” Jaejoong hissed.

Junsu knitted his eyebrows.

“You know, I didn’t talk much about myself to everyone. Only you who knew that I like watching sunset, that I planted bunch of roses in my yard. Only you who knew it all. And it’s not funny at all to take advantage of such information of me to playing a prank on me.”

“Huh?!” By now, Kim Junsu was totally lost. He looked at Jaejoong as if the doe eyed was some kind of alien. “What are you talking about, Kim Jaejoong?”

Jaejoong bit his lips, “You didn’t send the letter to me, did you?” Jaejoong stated. He knew Junsu, he knew that friend of his was being honest right now. Junsu would never be this good in concealing his expression, if he lied, Jaejoong would know it right away.

Jaejoong sighed. He almost gave the said letter to Junsu to asking some opinion from his best friend when someboby suddenly grabbed the letter from Jaejoong’s behind.

“What is this?” Changmin asked. In a split of second, Jaejoong’s letter has moved to his hand. He read it amusedly.

Right behind Changmin, there were Yunho, Yoochun and Siwon. Four of them were the most popular boys in the school. They were from school basket ball team, they were handsome, rich and tall (in ‘tall’ case, exclude Yoochun. But he was quite a charm so if he was litte bit shorter than other, it wouldn’t be a matter at all. Definitely not at all). Almost all of girl students in he school were head over heel with them.
Panic started to spreading on every cells of Jaejoong’s body.

Changmin—that brat! If there was someone whom Jaejoong hated the most, that would be Shim Changmin. The boy and Jaejoong has been living in same neighborhood. They have same childhood’s friends. And in seventeen years of Shim Changmin’s life, there was any single day that he missed to bully Jaejoong. Jaejoong didn’t sure at first the reason behind Changmin’s hateful acts. But during their elementary school, he told Jaejoong loudly why he loved to bully Jaejoong so much because the nerd was too weak, too clumsy, too fragile and too fugly for his liking. And at the very same day, Jaejoong decided to hate Changmin to the boot too.

Oh boy…

“Give it back to me, Shim Changmin!” Jaejoong barked. He tried to grab the letter from Changmin, but the boy raised his hand immediately and all Jaejoong’s hope to take the letter back was long gone. Changmin is the tallest among basket ball team members, Jaejoong would never be able to reach his hand.

Changmin smirked at Jaejoong. “Why should I? As if the letter is really for you. Let me put some logic into your head, Jaejoong, this letter must be for someone else. Who would be dumb enough to send their love letter to you, don’t you think?”

Yes, Jaejoong was thinking same thing too, but he wouldn’t tell Changmin.

“It’s… it’s not your business!” All students eyes were on him at the moment and that was making Jaejoong uneasy.

“Ha! So you really thought that the letter was for you? Hahahaha… that’s so funny! Wake up, Kim Jaejoong. Either the letter wasn’t for you, then it should be someone playing prank on you.”

Changmin then gave the letter back to Jaejoong. He brushed his shoulder roughly on Jaejoong’s. The poor nerd almost stumbled to the backward if Siwon wasn’t quick enough to caught his waist.

“Are you okay?” Siwon asked Jaejoong concernly.

Jaejoong nodded stiffly.

“You know, Changmin could be little meanie sometimes, but he didn’t really mean it. Forgive him, ne?”

Jaejoong didn’t say anything. He wasn’t sure if forgive Changmin could be that easy and beside Jaejoong really thought that Changmin meant every single thing he said. Siwon was just being a prince charming as always. In the group, if Changmin was a devil then Siwon should be the angel.

“Leave him alone, Siwon-ah. You wouldn’t want to make him delude himself that you’re his admirer, would you?” There, the devil number 2, the infamous basket ball team captain—Jung Yunho, opened up his mouth. He didn’t talk much, but once he talks, it’s quite sharp as Changmin’s words no less. No wonder if he and Changmin were cousins.

Jaejoong never felt so humiliated before. Jaejoong wasn’t no longer care that there were multiple pairs of eyes on him right now, Jaejoong just want to cried his heart out already. Why—why should Shim Changmin and Jung Yunho be so cruel on him? What was exactly he doing wrong?

Flow of tears dropped on Jaejoong cheeks slowly.  He stepped back from Siwon dejectedly and run as if it was for his dear life out from the classroom. In hazy, he still could hear that Siwon and Yoochun scolded the cousins for being too much.

Yes, yes they were being too much.

***
You cried yesterday, and I felt like I want to cry too.
I’m sorry if I’m too clueless to show you my feelings.
But I love you, I really do.
***

Jaejoong sighed. He got another letter today in his school bag. He was in the school library at the moment, sat by himself in the quietest side in the room. He supposed to make a summary about ancient Korea by now, but history books that t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter