Chapter Nine

You're My Destiny

“You?” Mark said, making Jinyoung looked away. Jinyoung couldn’t bear watching that guy face. It somehow annoyed him.

“Alright, Hyemi. You can go now.” Mark told Hyemi and she obeyed him. Jinyoung just froze on his feet. He then looked again at his boss’ face. He thinks that he has to act professional in front of Mark.

‘Calm down, Jinyoung.’ He thought.

“So, you’re my new secretary?” Mark finally asked him after a long silence. Jinyoung felt like wanted to run away from this room.

“Yes sir.” Jinyoung replied while nodding his head. Mark then took a file on his table and tossed it to him.

“Type this.” Mark ordered him and Jinyoung just nodded his head. Jinyoung then quickly walked out from the room and went to his table in relief.

__________________________________________________________

“Hi, Jinyoungie~” Jackson said happily as he approached Jinyoung’s table. Jinyoung looked at his face and smiled at him.

“How’s the work? Is everything okay?” Jackson asked as he looked straight into Jinyoung’s eyes. Jinyoung turned silent for a while. If he can, he will quit this job and search for another job. But because Jackson had helped him searching for this job, he just can’t. It made him felt guilty. He then formed a small smile.

“Not bad. What are you doing here?” Jinyoung asked him back.

“I’m going to meet your boss. I want to talk to him for a while. See ya~” Jackson said while giving Jinyoung a wink. He then disappeared into Mark’s room.

“Hi, I’m Hani. Nice to meet you.” A lady with a short hair walked to Jinyoung’s table.

“My name is Jinyoung. I’m the new secretary.” Jinyoung said friendly.

“Hyemi noona had told us. You’re so lucky to be Mark Tuan’s secretary.” Hani told him, making Jinyoung frowned a bit.

‘Lucky? I’d rather die than being with him!’ Jinyoung thought.

“Why?” Jinyoung asked her curiously.

“He’s so handsome! Don’t you think so?” Hani said dreamily.

“I don’t think so. Maybe because I’m a guy too?” Jinyoung said simply as he let out an awkward chuckle. Then, Jackson came out from Mark’s room and gave Jinyoung a smile before leaving.

“Do you have something with Mr. Wang?” Hani asked Jinyoung as he saw the scene.

“He’s just a friend.” Jinyoung replied her.

“Jinyoung-ah!” Someone suddenly called out his name. Before Jinyoung can turn around, his body was already crashed into a hug by someone.

“Jinyoung-ah, I really miss you! Where did you go all this time?” The guy said as he turned Jinyoung around.

“Jaebum-hyung? I miss you too!” Jinyoung exclaimed happily as he met Jaebum, his best friend since little and hugged him.

“You’re working here too?” Jaebum asked him. Jinyoung nodded his head and suddenly became Jaebum hug victim again.

“Alright, hyung. We’ll continue our talk at lunch, okay?” Jinyoung suggested, making Jaebum and Hani returned to their own table. He sighed a little. Jinyoung then looked at Mark through the transparent wall and their eyes met. He quickly looked away.

________________________________________________________________

”Umma, where is appa?” The 4 years old kid asked Jinyoung as he took a seat on Jinyoung’s lap.

“Jackson appa is at his own home, Danny.” Jinyoung said while caressing Danny’s soft hair.

“Not Jackson appa. Where is my real appa, umma?” Danny asked him again. Jinyoung froze a little as he heard the words coming out from Danny’s mouth. He didn’t expect the question from his son. He really didn’t have an idea what to tell to his son. Should he tell him that he just met his appa? Impossible!

“Appa is not here, Danny. Why are you suddenly asking?” Jinyoung asked Danny back, making the later smiled at him.

“My friend told me about how great their appa was. They even showed me their picture. Umma, do you have appa’s picture? I want to show it to my friends too!” Danny asked his mother hopefully, making Jinyoung felt guilty.

“Your friends at the kindergarten?” Jinyoung asked him and Danny nodded his head.

“Danny, go to sleep now. It’s already late.” Jinyoung said as he brought Danny to his bed. But, Danny looked unsatisfied.

“I don’t want to! I want to see appa’s picture first!” Danny whined while stomping his feet at the floor. Jinyoung felt guiltier as he saw his son behaving like that.

“Honey, umma has to work tomorrow morning. Umma can’t sleep late or umma will get sick. You don’t want umma to get sick, right?” Jinyoung persuaded his son. Seem like the method was successful. Danny quickly shook his head and lied himself down on his mattress. Jinyoung then smiled at Danny and covered him with a blanket. Before he left the room, he kissed his son’s forehead.

“I love you, Danny. Good night.” Jinyoung mumbled.

___________________________________________________________________

“Danny asked me about his real appa earlier.” Geurim said to Jinyoung who was watching a television.

“He also asked for his real appa’s picture just now.” Jinyoung told Geurim slowly. The show on the television suddenly turned boring.

“Pity him.” Geurim sighed as she looked at Danny’s picture on the wall. Jinyoung snorted softly.

“He’s even more pity if he knows who is his biological appa.” Jinyoung bit his lower lip. He felt angry whenever he thought of Mark and what had he done to him.

“Hmm... So, how’s your job?” Geurim asked him, trying to change the topic. She realized that Jinyoung felt uncomfortable when they talked about his past.

“It’s okay, auntie. Thanks to Jackson. And I met my old friend too! It was unexpected that we can meet there.” Jinyoung said, still hiding the fact that he’s working as Mark’s secretary. Geurim stared at him for a while.

“What is your relationship with Jackson?” She suddenly asked Jinyoung.

“We’re just a friend.” Jinyoung answered as he looked away from her stare.

“But, the way he treat you looked like he’s in love with you.” Geurim told Jinyoung, making the latter chuckled.

“Auntie, he wouldn’t love someone like me who already had a son. It’s impossible! He deserves someone better than me.” Jinyoung said as his chuckle turned into a small laugh. Geurim then pinched his thigh.

“Ouch, it’s hurts!” Jinyoung whimpered a little as he rubbed his sore thigh. His mouth turned into a pout.

“I told you the truth but you just laughed at me.” Geurim said while crossing her arms. Jinyoung then gave her a hug.

“I know but no way he will love me. He only assumed me as his friend. Not more than that.” Jinyoung told her as he broke the hug. Geurim just shook his head.

“But it’s so obvious that he loves you. He also treated Danny like his own son.” She said, not giving up making Jinyoung sighed a little.

“I don’t deserve him. I already had a son.” Jinyoung said slowly.

“It doesn’t mean that you can’t be happy, Jinyoung-ah. You’re still young and pretty. Jackson didn’t mind your status as a single mother. Furthermore, Danny needs a father.” Geurim told him again.

”I can take care of Danny.” Jinyoung said, changing the channel.

“Yes you can, but being loved by a mother didn’t same as being loved by a father. You have to know about that too.” Geurim stated to Jinyoung. Jinyoung just remained silent as he suddenly thought of Mark.

A/N : Double update because I don't think I'll be able to update tomorrow~ I have something to do. T^T Don't forget to drop some comments! ^o^ And welcome to my new subscribers~!! ;)

Enjoy reading~