Resolutions Under The Stars

New Year's Wishes

"Aish! I only have ten minutes until the countdown!" Jonghyun bit his lip as he quickly paced around the crowded room that was filled with the SM family. People such as the staff, artists, friends, and family were having the time of their lives, ready for the arrival of the new year. Jonghyun pushed pass a crowd of people, looking around in slight panic for his younger band member. Being rather short, it wasn't easy for him to find anyone in the crowd. Everyone seemed to tower over him, and the fact that he was already a bit tipsy from drinking a lot of cocktails didn't really help either.

 

 

Jonghyun ran to the far side of the large room, bowing his head in a rushed apology as he gently pushed random people aside to get to where he needed to be. The idol was in such a rush, that he didn't even notice that he had pushed a group of managers aside, including the first CEO of the company. The idol was suddenly stopped in his tracks due to a loud shout from behind him. "YAH, KIM JONGHYUN! WHERE'S THE FIRE?"

Jonghyun bit his lip in sudden guilt as he turned around, running to his elder and bowing in a quick apology. "I'm sorry Hyung-nim! I'm just trying to find someone before the countdown. It's kinda important."

Lee Soo-Man nodded and smiled at the young male. "Very well. I won't keep you long then. I was just talking to our group managers, and we were talking about your solo album due this month, they hype is huge. I'm very much looking forward to how you do in this little project of yours."

"Thank you sir, the chance for me to release this solo album is very much appreciated. Jonghyun smiled, trying to slowly back away from the elders. "Now, if you will all excuse me, I must~"

"In fact, I'm not surprised that you have a solo album. Your skills in music production and vocals were very impressive from the beginning of SHINee." Lee Soo-Man continued, causing Jonghyun to quietly whine to himself in impatience.

"That's very nice of you sir, but I should really get going now to~"

"Then of course there's the Korean comeback of SHINee sometime this year. I'm sure you boys will be a huge hit as always. In fact, we were just talking about our different concept ideas for the upcoming album release." Jonghyun sighed in slight annoyance as the elder continued, obviously not aware of how much of a rush the idol was in. "We were thinking of going for the slight reckless bad boy look as you have shown that cute side for this year. But then again you work the cuteness so well, that it may be a risky move to change your concept. But being the risk taker I am, I personally want to try something with leather. Maybe a few spikes, like a little more darker than the Lucifer concept. What do you think Jonghyun?"

"I don't know! You could put us in just our underwear for all I care, I just can't talk about this right now!" Jonghyun snapped, before bowing once again, and running off into the large crowd of people.

Lee Soo-Man blinked a few times in a mix of shock and confusion, before turning back to the group of managers. "Do you think we could get away with that?" The managers looked at him, replying with clueless glances and shrugs. "Well, I am a risk taker after all. Put it on the concept list."


Jonghyun muttered a few stern words about his managers under his breath as he fought his way through the excited crowd, weaving in-between the many guests, who were too immersed in their own conversations to take notice of the panicking idol. Jonghyun took a quick glance at the clock, noticing that he had lost at least three minutes from the last time he had checked. The idol ran to the corner of the room where he and the rest of the SHINee members had been sat at the beginning of the party, panting heavily as a cold sweat began to run down his back.

"Hyung, where have you been?" Jonghyun spun around as a hand settled on his shoulder, letting out a disappointed sigh as he caught sight of the tallest member of the group. "We are all getting ready to say out resolutions for the next year, like we do every year. Remember? You said you were gonna join in with us." Minho half-whined to the idol, who was too busy scanning the group of band members and SM artists. There were a few EXO members, both TVXQ members, various female artists, and his band members, excluding the one he was looking for.

"Where's Key? I need to talk to him urgently." Jonghyun dropped his shoulders in frustration as Minho shook his head, telling the elder that he was unsure. The idol turned to the two remaining band members, jumping on the spot in a mixed feeling of excitement and worry "Aish! Do you guys know? I need to see him!"

Onew shrugged, sipping on his cocktail and looking around in a calm and casual manner. "I'm sure he'll be here soon. He knows that we had plans to celebrate together in the usual way, so I doubt he will miss it." Jonghyun bit his lip, looking around for the missing band member. "What's the big fuss anyway? What's so important that you have to tell him now?"

"That's my business Hyung!" Jonghyun snapped, continuing to look around as he bounced on the spot. Onew held his hand up in defence, looking away from his stressed friend to talk to the rest of the group that was sat with him.

"Hyung, do you need to go to the restroom or something? You look like you're about to wet yourself." Taemin commented, earning a glare from Jonghyun.

Just when Taemin thought he was in for a lecture, Jonghyun gasped in a look of happiness and snapped his fingers. "Taemin, you are a pure genius! I bet Key is in the restroom, prepping his hair or making sure his makeup isn't smudged!" The band members looked at each other, rolling their eyes as Jonghyun made a dash in the direction of the restroom. "Aish, that diva. Wanting to make sure he looked perfect for the new year..." Jonghyun glanced at the clock, slightly panicking when he saw that he only had four minutes until the new year would begin. "Why does this type of thing always happen to me? All I want to do is something nice for the new year, and they guy that I need to talk to isn't even~"

Before the idol could even finish his little rant, Jonghyun ran right into a male, who stumbled back with a shocked yelp. "Yah, why don't you watch where you're going? You could have made me fall and ruin my new jeans, and you know these cost me a lot of money from China!"

Jonghyun's head snapped up, looking at the person that he was just rushing to find. "Key-ah, where the hell have you been all this time? I have been looking for you! Do you have any idea how much I have ran around trying to find you, eh?"

Key shrugged, not understanding why his hyung was so flustered. "I was in the restroom checking on my hair and make~"

"You look great, as always Key!" Jonghyun sighed, causing the younger to blush and look down as he gently let his fingers glide in his fringe in slight embarrassment. "Now I really need you to come with me!" Jonghyun didn't give Key a chance to answer, pulling the singer through the crowd, and out of the room, making sure to check what time he had left. 3 minutes. "Aish, I'm not gonna make it."


"Don't you think we should have told the other three that we were leaving the room?" Key asked as he allowed himself to be dragged to the north side of the building, running with Jonghyun down a narrow hallway towards the door that lead to the roof garden. Despite feeling worried that they were leaving the other's behind when they had made promises, he was also very excited. When Jonghyun was excited about something, it was always something special.

"There's no time for that right now! We're running out of time as it is!" Jonghyun snapped as he barged the door open, running up the stairs as Key hesitantly followed him, trying to pull his hand away.

"Wait Jonghyun! I haven't got my coat on, it's cold, and the wind might mess up my hair!" Key started to whine, but it failed to stop Jonghyun from his secret mission, who pulled the fussing idol up the stairs, and out of the glass door that lead onto the grand rooftop garden. Key's eyes widened as he looked up to the night sky, seeing millions of stars decorate the darkness.

Jonghyun smiled as he watched Key wonder the rooftop, the idol's eyes not parting from the stars. "It's pretty, isn't it? I knew you'd like it up here." Key nodded in response as he looked at his hyung, his eyes becoming half moons from his wide grin. Jonghyun bit his lip as he walked closer to Key, pointing at the stars and naming a few. "If you look to the left from that big star, you can see five close together. You see them? In the pentagon shape?" Jonghyun put his hand on Key's shoulder, leaning closer to the male's face to he could accurately point out the exact constellation he meant. "I decided to name that one myself. It's called the SHINee."

Key laughed at his friend's dorky attitude, pushing him to the side in a playful manner. "Hyung, you're so weird..." Jonghyun smiled back, his heart suddenly began to speed up as Key bit his lip in a shy manner. Key was so cute, but the male had no idea that he gave of that appearance. Even when he was at his hair getting slightly tangled, to Jonghyun, Key was adorable. Just simply adorable. "I've been up here during the night before... It's nice, I like it..."

Jonghyun let himself get lost in deep thought as he continued to watch Key admire the beautiful night sky. He could just stay there all night, just watching Key's innocent eyes stare to the stars, but he'd prefer it if Key's eyes were staring at him instead. Before Jonghyun could contemplate about how he was going to break his secret to Key, the air was filled with excited chatters that came from the floor below them. The idol's eyes widen as he realised that they were counting down until the new year. "Key! I need to tell you something!"

"30! 29! 28!"

"Hyung, you hear that? They are counting down already! We need to hurry back!" Key broke his gaze from the stars, turning away and walking quickly to the door.

Jonghyun panicked again, not wanting Key to leave him before he revealed the news. "Key wait! You can't leave yet!" Jonghyun ran to Key, grasping his hand tightly to stop the younger male from reaching the door.

"Hyung, we are going to miss the countdown!" Key tried to pull away, but Jonghyun was stronger, pulling Key into the centre of the rooftop garden under the blanket of stars.

"20! 19! 18!"

"I want to share my resolution with you, and only you! Please, listen to me..." Seeing the younger nod in response, Jonghyun took a deep breath before staring his friend in the eyes with a romantic gaze. "I've been hiding this for years, and it's been too long. I want to fix it this year..."

"12! 11! 10!"

"Key, I know we are both male, but out genders shouldn't matter when it comes to these feelings. I want to forget what everyone says, and be honest to you and myself!"

"7! 6! 5!"

"Key, what I'm trying to say is..."

"Hyung, I love you!"

"3! 2! 1! HAPPY NEW YEAR!" The air was suddenly filled with the cheers from the party, but that was the opposite for the two males who were stood in silence on the rooftop garden.

Jonghyun's eyes began to water as he stepped towards Key, his hand finding his way to the younger's cheek to caress it in a loving manner. "Bummie... What did you just say?''

Key smiled as his head tilted to the side to lean into Jonghyun's warm hand. "I said I love you Jjong... I wasn't going to say anything because I didn't want you to think I was weird~"

"I'd never think that about you Key. You're the most wonderful person that I've ever known." Jonghyun giggled a bit, getting lost in Key's eyes as they fell silent together. Before long Jonghyun found himself leaning closer towards Key, wrapping his free arm around his slender waist, his hand on Key's cheek slipping behind his head to tangle Key's hair. Seeing that Key's eyes were closed, Jonghyun took his chance and pressed his lips to Key's, in bliss as Key returned the gesture, wrapping his arms around Jonghyun. Soon the two were lost in a fight for dominance in the kiss, not caring about if anyone were to see them.

Just when they thought that nothing could break them apart, a loud bang surrounded them , followed by bright colours that lit up the night sky. Jonghyun pulled away by fright, flinching as he looked around for the source of the sound. Key smirked as he looked at the sky, hugging Jonghyun as he pointed to the fireworks. "It's ok Hyung. It's just the fireworks. Aren't they cool?"

Jonghyun looked at Key, blushing as he saw the flashes of light create a rainbow in his eyes. "It's just perfect. This year is going to be absolutely perfect."

"Why's that Hyung?"

"Because..." Jonghyun pulled Key into another close embrace, kissing his cheek as he felt the younger return the hug. "I can spend this year with my boyfriend."


There you have it! I'm sorry that you had to wait a while, so to make up for it, I'll try to get another story done! I'm not giving you any clues as to what it's about though! You'll have to check tomorrow! X