Melancholy Desire - part 2 (complete)

The Usual Days

.... there she was.

            "Oh. Hi," she said.

            "Hi," I responded.

            "Come in,” she said. Her eyes were fixed with mine.

            "Sure," I said, fixing my gaze on her. I walked inside, brought the heavy suitcase, and closed the door slowly.

            "Anyway," I said as I put my suitcase near the shoe rack. "I believe it's been two freakin' months still our last meeting, right?"

            "Yeah," she answered, she was making a drink for me. "The last one was also accidental. If I'm not mistaken, it was in Taiwan, eh?"

            "Sure it is," I said while I was trying to put my shoes off.

            "Here you go," she gave me a cup of tea. "Don't expect any premium tea. It's just Lipton."

            "No worries," I sipped my tea. "Seeing you made a tea is already premium."

            "Geez," she cocked her eyebrow. "What do you mean by that?"

            "Nothing," I answered. "It's a good one actually. Simple yet tasty as rosebud."

            "Nonsense!" She laughed heartily. "Really, after all these years, I could never understand your words."

            "No surprise then," I sipped the last drops of my tea then I put the empty cup on the table. "It also occurs to me. I could never ever understand your words."

            It seemed like my answer made her lips curved a smile, a sweet smile that I will always adore and remember in my lifetime.

            "I know," she said as she pinched my nose. "At least, I always understand how your eyes talk. I might never understand your words but I know you. I know you from head to toe."

            "My my, why are you being lovey-dovey?" I said as I her cheeks. She was totally drowned in my touch. "It's still 9 in the morning plus you haven't even greeted me in a proper way."

            "Are you talkin' to me?" She said as she grabbed my hand down. “Spit your tea now!" Her lips formed a pout that I missed so dearly.

            "Stop pouting," I said. "You know I hate your pouts."

            She smiled, tucking her now-gorgeous-chocolate-colored-hair-yet-I-still-call-her-blondie behind her ears.

            "Prove it to me then," she said. "Prove me that you hate my pouts."

            "If that's what you want."

            One thing I knew, our foreheads already touched as we breathed each other in. I closed my eyes, wanting to feel this sensation. A sensation that I missed senselessly, a sensation that we both longed. I finally decided to open my eyes a bit and examined her face. The human face that could pull me up to Los Angeles and spent my 1-week work leave. I will always hate you for making me feel burning all over my body. It might seem exaggerating, but that is simply the truth.

            "On the count to three," I said, not leaving my gaze. " I... I will immediately prove my hate. One, two, thr..."

            " it," she said in a desirous tone. "Just do it, for God's sake!"

            I, who just couldn't hold the desirous longing, immediately leaned down, edging toward her moist lips. I savoured every inch of her lips as if I was kissing her for the first time. The kissing moment felt so tender yet filled with a melancholy desire. I completely forgot all the post-flight exhaustion. I was drowned with her.

            "I miss this kiss," she said. "I miss the feeling. I miss you." She seemed so sincere. She started to cry, a silent cry, not a single voice out from . She even tried so hard to wipe her tears as if she didn't want me to see her cry.

            "Shh..." I indeed hate seeing her crying since I never wanted to see her dispirited. "If you want to cry, just cry your heart out. Never hold it." However, as much as I hate to see her tears, I totally detest her for not crying her heart out.

            As soon as I said those words, she immediately cried in a river. She buried my face against my chest. I hugged her and could feel any single pain she had. She had been through lots of problems and obstacles, yet she always seemed very strong in every public media. I know very well that we have to be a professional, but this was too much. This time, Sica's cry, sometimes loud and sometimes in silence, was a mix of her feelings: yearning, hurt, and happiness. However, I felt that yearning was the main reason for her cry. I was brave enough to guess for I also felt an intense longing for her. I'm not the type to tell people what I feel, but I totally missed her so much.

            "Calm down." I kissed her side of the head tenderly, deepening our hug. "I'm here. I'm not going anywhere."

            "Soo..." She said, sobbing. "I'm sorry, really, I'm sorry"

            "Stop saying nonsense," I said, lifting her chin slowly. "You know you're not making any mistakes. Don't be sorry to me."

            "I... I love you..." She said.

            "I know," I said, then I felt a nasty pinch. "Ouch! I was just kidding, you fool. Well, the truth is, I will always try to love you till the end. It's not easy but it's totally worth the try."

            "Stop saying such sweet things," she said smiling and throw a light pinch to my cheek.

            Our tender yet warm kiss that had stopped was finally continued. I could really felt the warmth she produced by the kiss. The tender kiss slowly grew into a kiss full of melancholy desire and longing, a fierce one. She clenched her legs around my waist, adding some unique frictions to my body. I put her down to bed and started to explore her other parts of her body, starting from her neck. She started to let out moans and I was completely aroused, adding to the facts that the bed was so comfy and squishy.

            You're always the one, Sica. She would always make me feel peculiar feelings and I hate it a lot. I hate it cause it make me feel lost, lost in love. We might not be together as a couple since we don't live together anymore, we've got tight schedules, I've got a boyfriend, she's got hers, and the fact we already committed not to be committed in any relationships: be it married, dating, or even any best friends thing. Surely I've got lots of best friends and she does too. Thus, we decided to be 'special secretive cuddle buddies' who don’t have to be there anytime for others. It's totally different than buddy since buddy doesn't involve any feelings. We liked it that way; we don't have to be possessive for we know that we're both special to each other without any enforcement. I'm special to Jessica and Jessica's special to me. We approved this kind of title other than, "I'm Jessica's best friend and Jessica's my best friend". It sounds so cheesy and we just can't promise that we're always be best friend with each other. To tell you the truth, we actually can't promise that we're going to love each other forever as Jessica's actually not the monogamy type and I could get easily bored. So, we are not demanding yet we always miss each other's presence. Once we meet, the world feels like only revolving to us. We don't give a single damn to anything but us.

            One thing for sure and I will say it again: I'm special to Jessica and Jessica's special to me. And for us, special is only one. You name it, you judge it. Confusing, right? We don't care. Are we cheating on our boyfriends? No, we just want to 'cuddle' with each other. In fact, our special connection is a kind of public secret in South Korea entertainment world so they know and thankfully they're understanding. 

            "Anyway, Soo." she said out of nowhere.

            "Huh?"

            "I love your short hair," she said. "But long hair suits you the best."

            "Blame the producers!"

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

DONE!

Sorry if it's boring, cheesy, confusing, or anything bad. If you think so, don't hesitate to comment on my mistakes or any plot-hole. I will always try to improve my writing skills so comments and feedbacks are absolutely welcome!

Thank you!