That One Morning

The Usual Days

WARNING: THIS ONE IS GOING TO BE CHEESY, A BIT FLUFFY, AND SHORT.

 

It's a lovely morning.

The girls are preparing for the Dream Concert. They're currently in the dorm because yesterday they finished rehearsing very late and they wouldn't be in time for the show if they returned to their homes. Thus, Jessica and Sooyoung are now roommate again because the only one who can handle Jessica's attitude in bedroom is Sooyoung.

First, they've known at each other more than 10 years. So, it's already like a habit. Second, they have "quite" a special relationship.

Sooyoung's just got out of the bathroom and sees Jessica sitting on the chair with such painful expression.

 

"Sica... What happened to your hand?" Sooyoung without any further thought could guess there is something wrong with her now-temporary-roommate.

"Don't worry Soo, nothing's happened."

"Tsk. Don't lie to me..." Sooyoung grabs Jessica's hand and sees a bruise, big one, on her right hand.

"See... I knew it. How did you get this?"

"..."

"Sica...?"

"..."

"Please answer me. What happened?"

"..."

"Okay, I hate you very much right now. Bye." Sooyoung goes out somewhere leaving confused Sica alone.

 

Just because of this thing Sooyoung's angry with me? What the hell! But she seems not in the right state. Maybe PMS got her. But still, she just can't treat me that way. Geez!

 

"! Ouch..." Jessica groans as she moves her hand. 

"Hold it Sica..." Sooyoung comes and she actually brings some ancient traditional oil to relieve the pains.

 "What is that, Soo...?"

"Quiet... Or I'll be really mad at you."

Jessica silenced. She hates it when Sooyoung talks like that, but she knows that Sooyoung doesn't hate her for real. Indeed, Sooyoung's not the type to hate a thing. She can also feel that Sooyoung is having such problems.

Sooyoung smears the oil to Jessica's bruised hand and do a little massage.

 

"There. Just be careful not to break your hand."

"Okay, I'm sorry I'm not telling you this because I just feel like it's not important."

"Apology accepted. And just so you know I was really worried."

"Why thanks..." Jessica kisses Sooyoung on the cheek. Both of them smile with the interaction. "But I think it's time for me to take care of you because your nose seems runny, your face looks kinda pale, you've got hot temperature, you're currently short-tempered, and yes... one of the reason is you're having a fever right?"

"Well... Well... It's not a big deal as long I can... Hatchoo!" Sooyoung sneezes. "perform..."

"Why ew... Don't you dare to sneeze on me!"

"Don't blame me, do'oh!"

"Geez... What an attitude!"

 

Silence comes. Wind blows.

 

"Well... Sica. How's your hand. Does it get better...?"

"Yeah. That ancient oil seems working on my hand... Thanks..."

"Good. Thought that expired oil won't work."

"Geez. How dare you!" Jessica wants to slap Sooyoung's hand playfully but failed because she used her bruised-yet-on-the-way-to-be-healed hand. We can see that Sica's face in such a deep pain. And Sooyoung knows that it's not a simple bruise.

"Sica. Don't force yourself... It's still 7 o'clock in the morning. You better take some rest."

"But Soo... I... I'm afraid." Jessica puts her head on Sooyoung's shoulder.

"Afraid of what, Sica?"

"I couldn't perform perfectly and ruins the entire performance. Especially Mr Mr's moves are aggresive. Plus..."

"No, don't overthink. Relax..."

"But Soo, I..."

"Shh... Just take a rest. Focus on the event first. After the event ended, we could do the talking, 'kay?" Sooyoung kisses the tip of Jessica's hair.

"Agreed Soo. But you too have to share your problems because I see that you're not in a good mood aside your fever. Just tell me, 'kay? I'm always available." says Jessica pulling her head from Sooyoung's shoulder and stares to Sooyoung lovingly.

"My my, here's Jessica Jung do the talk. Noted, that's going to be our plan after the event..." Sooyoung smiled sweetly to Jessica and Jessica chuckled like a kid.

"By the way, did you say, 'I'm always available'? Do you mean that I never make you 'vacant'?"

"Why no! Throw your riddiculous thoughts, jerk." Jessica grabs a bolster ready to punch Sooyoung.

"Dearest God, you're scary. Ha-ha-ha."

"Well, you always scare me... On the bed."

 

They stare at each other lovingly and both know what to do next, a mouth-to-mouth act.

Their noses already touch each other, they both already close their eyes, they can feel each breath but suddenly...

 

"Ah I forgot! I got a fever, do you mind if we cont..." Sooyoung words silenced by Jessica's kiss.

Simple one yet romantic.

After enjoying the kiss they slowly parted their lips. They rest their foreheads with each other. And smile lovingly. As if nothing can separate them.

 

"Hat-choo!" Unexpectedly Jessica sneezes. Although she sneezes on Sooyoung as expected from the nice Sooyoung, Sooyoung just smiles and says "Sica, you should get some sleep now... Hatchooo! And maybe I should accompany you... On the bed" Sooyoung puts an evil smile.

"I know what you're thinking but Dream Concert is less than 8 hours, you dummy!"

 

"HATCHOOO!"