// final

Perks of Having You

warning; un-edited

 

Jinyoung was absentmindedly looking at the ceiling with his back flatly pressed against the thin mattress. He feels so jumbled inside and what made it worse was knowing that it’s just because of a petty thing. He reached for his cellphone located at the top of his pillow.


He clicked a logo of a famous photo sharing application, Instagram. The small dots moved in circular motion indicating that it’s currently loading. When the home screen showed up, his fingers instantly typed something. He took a deep breath and calmed his mind that’s currently dwelling if he should do it or not. Of course, he continued.

 

 

 

The main door of the dorm opened as Mark and Jackson got home from a tiring day of martial arts tricking practice. With their heavy bags around their hurting shoulders, the boys still managed to walk in without asking any member for help. Jackson was the first to walk in. “Hi hyung! ” Bambam called, assisting Jackson and carrying his bag.

Mark followed slowly. His body was limping and it was really hard for him to walk since his ankle got slightly twisted earlier that day. He lazily dragged himself towards the living room where Yugyeom saw him and instantly rushed towards him to get his bag. Mark allowed himself to drop on the floor. He thinks about the possibility of staying in his current spot and sleep in the living room. He closed his eyes and tried to look for peace despite of the loud television volume coming from the show that the members watch. There was none.

 

 

 

He opened his eyes once again as he sat up. He knows someone who can make all the pain subside. He glanced at the sofa; counting the members. 1…2…3…4…..5… Someone’s missing. “Where’s Jinyoungie?” Mark questioned.

Youngjae clung onto Jaebum’s arm as he faced Mark. “Inside his room. He bought a new book earlier. I’m pretty sure he’s into it right now. “

Yeah right. Books again. Mark nodded and smiled in return. He wanted to see Jinyoung, badly. But his throbbing legs and aching back won’t let him walk towards the boy’s room. He slowly stood up and asked Yugyeom for a little help. The youngest complied and assisted Mark on the way to his shared room with Jackson.

 

 

 

Upon arriving, the eldest literally flopped down on the mattress. Not giving any damn around him, he stayed in that position for minutes. The room was cold and he’s alone. He’s so exhausted and feeling lots of body pain but what makes it all worse was the fact that he can’t spend some time with a specific person.

Mark picked his phone from his pocket and dialled a number. He placed the phone beside his head and put it on loudspeaker; even his hands are so tired that he can’t hold it properly. He waited for a while with his tummy against the mattress and his head slightly buried in his pillow. When suddenly, someone answered.

"Hello? " A sweet, familiar voice said. Mark smiled to himself after feeling a bit of relief. "Jinyoungie!" Mark replied as he tried to be positive with his voice. The other line seemed so tranquil despite the fact that they’re staying in one house and all the noise from the living room was heard all over the area.

 

 

 

Jinyoung on the other hand quickly sat up and placed the phone in his ear. “Where are you? Have you eaten? Are you still far from the apartment? ” Jinyoung asked and it was heard that Mark made a low chuckle before responding. Mark hated himself for the fact that he can’t even drop by Jinyoung’s room when it’s just few meters away from his own room.

"I’m already home, Nyoung. I’m currently here inside our room. Sorry if i wasn’t able to see you. I’m just ti—-"

 

 

 

The door of his room opened. Mark lifted his head and looked at the person who arrived. It was Jinyoung. His phone still pressed against his ear with that same smile that makes his heart flutter every single time. “Hey! ” Jinyoung greeted, walking towards Mark’s mattress. “I missed you. ” he added. Mark ended the call.

The elder shifted in a better position so he can see more of Jinyoung. The younger knelt on the floor and ruffled Mark’s silky black locks. “I missed you more.” Mark replied with his eyes closed, loving how Jinyoung treats him. Jinyoung smiled although the other wasn’t able to see it. “Sorry if I wasn’t able to head straight to your room. I’m so tired. My back hurts so bad and my legs are almost giving up. ” Mark mumbled rubbing his cheek against Jinyoung’s palm.

 

 

 

Jinyoung looked at him innocently; eyes wide open and lips partly jutted. “You’re tired? You mean you can’t kiss me hard, pin me against the bed and —-“

"PARK JINYOUNG! " Mark yelled. Of course he wants to do everything that Jinyoung said but again, his body won’t let him. If he pushes himself to do it, Jinyoung might not enjoy the outcome. The deal is Mark doesn’t want to hear any of those words because those will surely turn him on. "We will do it some other day. I promise. "Mark said, smiling at Jinyoung.

The younger giggled. “Chill! I’m just kidding. ” He responded before standing up and walking out of the room. Mark thought that he’s leaving so he felt sad somehow. But Jinyoung came back in less than a minute holding some things that Mark wasnt able to cleary identify. He sat on the floor, near Mark’s legs. Slowly, Jinyoung removed his socks and begun massaging his ankles.

"Jinyoungie, you don’t have to—-"

"Shhh. Just relax. I got this. "

 

 

 

Jinyoung loves doing these things for Mark. Even though he’s doing it regularly, Mark still insists that there’s no such need for it. Mark buried his head deeper on the pillows as Jinyoung’s hands magically worked on his tired feet. It felt so good.

After his feet, Jinyoung pushed Mark’s sweatpants up and begun caressing his legs. Mark would groan every time Jinyoung hits a specific muscle with lots of pressure. Sooner, Jinyoung asked Mark to remove his jacket, leaving him in his plain black tank top and shorts. “Remove this too.” he demanded pointing to the top.

"Are you that desperate to see my body? " Mark joked and Jinyoung rolled his eyes. He held the hem of Mark’s top and pulled it over his head. Even the elder’s back looks so good. Jinyoung reached for a small bottle of mint oil, squeezed some and rubbed it on his palm. He massaged Mark’s back with a very light motion. His delicate fingers curling against Mark’s skin is just too relaxing. No one bothered to talk. Mark simply loves it when Jinyoung cares for him like this. It’s just priceless.

 

 

 

His back felt a lot of comfort compared to how it was earlier. After the massage, Mark patted an empty space beside him and asked Jinoung to rest there. The younger did and once they’re beside each other, their hands effortlessly circled around their bodies. Jinyoung pulled Mark closer. “You bought a new book? What is it all about? ” Mark asked, nuzzling onto Jinyoung’s hair.

Jinyoung bit his lips. “I wasn’t able to understand a single thing. All of the words seemed too foreign to me.” he said, stuttering. At that point Mark knew that’s something’s wrong. Jinyoung will never give up on a book that he badly wanted. “What’s the problem? ” Mark intrigued, looking right at Jinyoung’s eyes.

"I browsed through your Instagram account." Jinyoung started. Half of him was saying that this wasnt a good idea but there’s no going back. "You know what I saw? Pictures of you and Jackson, your selcas, shoes, Jackson again, other members, randon stuff and Jackson again. Most of it was you and Jackson. " he calmly said with a bit of pain in his heart.

Mark smirked and hugged Jinyoung tighter. “I browsed your IG account too. You know what I saw? ” Mark controlled his laugh. “Nothing. ” he added while covering his own mouth.

 

 

 

Jinyoung got annoyed and pushed Mark off the mattress, earning a loud groan from the other. The younger pulled him up again and decided to cuddle him immediately. “So the thing is you’re jealous because of the ‘MarkSon’ pictures, including my selcas with the other members?” Mark said and Jinyoung weakly nodded. “Because you’re not posting any of our pictures and it seems like you have more selcas with Jackson.” Jinyoung shyly responded.

Mark blinked his eyes for a couple of times. He can’t believe that he was hearing those words from his boyfriend. Jinyoung rarely feels jealous or maybe at sometimes he just keeps it to himself. Mark kissed his temple. “You know why I rarely take pictures with you?” he asked and Jinyoung shook his head. “Because I want to spend every second holding your hand, not my phone. I want to see you smile for me, not for the camera. Having you in my arms is much more precious compared to all the pictures that I’ve taken with everyone else. ”

Jinyoung blushed as finally, all the weight in his heart seemed to vanish. He lifted his face off Mark’s bare chest and allowed their lips to collide for a love-filled kiss. Jinyoung was the first one to pull away. Mark was smirking at him and it made him feel fuzzy. The elder showered Jinyoung’s face and neck with kisses, just to bring the fluffy mood back. “I thought you’re tired?! ” Jinyoung spoke.

“Nah. I can't stay tired especially when my baby just gave me a soothing massage and a breath-taking kiss. Thank you, Jinyoungie. Thank you for always making me happy.”

“That’s because I love you.”

“I love you too. ”

 

 

 


Jinyoung sat up and reached for something located near the door. Mark anticipated quietly, arms still on Jinyoung. The younger was holding a bowl of blueberry ice cream and 2 spoons. “I hope this can help you relax.” Jinyoung said, helping Mark to sit up. Mark nodded and took a spoonful before feeding another to Jinyoung. “Jackson’s already sleeping in Bam’s bed.” Jinyoung managed to say while eating.

“So that means you can stay here tonight.”

 

 

 

Jinyoung giggled as they munched into the sweet soft serve while talking about random things. Jinyoung loves spending more time with Mark as well and he’s thankful that the boy still makes time for him even if he’s already worn out. Suddenly, Mark saw a stripe of cream at the corner of Jinyoung’s lip; almost in his cheek. He took Jinyoung’s cellphone and clicked the camera button. He surprisingly kissed the younger on the exact spot of the cream; tasting the blueberry and the natural sweetness of Jinyoung’s skin. It was heaven.

 

 

 

The younger was clueless after Mark pulled away. The elder handed him his phone with a picture of them taken few seconds ago. Mark was kissing him in the cheek and Jinyoung was not looking directly at the camera but he’s smiling. “First Instagram post? ” Mark suggested with a sly smile and he took another spoonful of ice cream.

Jinyoung beamed and rested his head on Mark’s shoulder. “Sure thing.”