The beginning

Promise

At the age of five many have no purpose in life, wandering and exploring the world aimlessly. As for me, i wanted to become strong and look after my twin sister... she was my life. I briefly remember how we would cause, my sister Yoo Rin being the mastermind. We would sneak out of the backdoor and go to the park to play or cause utter chaos within the neigbourhood, we were proudly known as the Rin-Min twins practically tied at hip since birth.

We would take turns on the swing, she would go first since she was younger and a girl and I would push her as high as i could. It was one sunny day that Yoo Rin turned to me and said, “Min-ahh do you think there’s anything there?” she asked curiously.

“yep. There’s the sun, stars and moon”.

Suddenly Yoo Rin looked at me grief-stricken and gazed back up into the sky, “but doesn’t the sun get lonely?” at that age I was also saddened by that thought but now loneliness in to a foreign feeling, it’s almost too familiar.

“But Rin-ahh the sun isn’t lonely even during the day or the night because no matter what its always shinning. Although we might not see it but the stars are always there, never leaving the sun and at night the moon shines its beauty” I added trying to make sense with her.

“Ahh...” she added in understanding, her green grey eyes shining. Suddenly she clapped her hands excitedly, “then I want to be Yoo Min’s moon and star”... I smiled back at her genuinely but internally wished that I would also be Yoo Rin’s moon and star.

“Yoo Rin-ahh... Saranghae... Rin and Min forever okay”, I said extending my hand. Instead of shaking it, cheekily Yoo Rin grabbed my pinkie and hers and sealed our promise with our thumbs.

“Promise Yoo Min-ahh...Rin and Min forever”...that day, that promise I will never forget because it was that same day that was the best and worst day of my life. Why? You might be wondering, it was  that very day I lost ,my other half, my sister, my twin.

After playing in the park and eating a sickening amount of ice-cream, we ran back home racing. It was a victory for us because we were out the whole day and weren’t caught  since mum and dad were too busy arguing and fighting. We both stayed strong, supporting each other trying our best to not be affected by their outbursts. We both jumped onto our beds, Rin’s bed being right next to mine. After bouncing up and down Rin collapsed from exhaustion and fell asleep as soo as her head hit the pillow. I laughed at the way she slept, it was always entertaining to watch especially when she fell off in the middle of the night. I didn’t realize when I fell asleep but a faint kiss on my forehead woke me from my slumber. I opened my eyes and was not surprised to see my father, leaning over Rin’s bed kissing her forehead lightly. He always did that unlike my mother who never had time for us but it didn’t bug me since I didn’t really know what it felt like to have a mother. Even so, every night when my father kissed us goodnight I hoped that one day she would kiss us too the way he did, with love. I watched as my father adoringly covered Yoo Rin with her covers that she had thrown on the floor.

‘Crazy sleeper’ I thought to myself before drifting back to sleep.

When I woke up the next morning, I braced myself to jum on Yoo Rin’s bed and wake her but her bed was empty for a change. The sheets ruffled and cold, she couldn’t be up long I thought to myself because that was unlike her. I trudged down the stairs calling out for Yoo Rin  but when I reached the bottom  I saw my father, tears staining his cheeks, face in his hands, sitting in a chair by the kitchen counter.

“Dad where’s Yoo Rin?” I asked growing frustrated by the silence that followed.

Instead of answering, he looked up at me meeting my eyes for less than a second before averting his gaze. His eyes... they were filled with sorrow and hurt.

“She took Rin-ahh and... Left”, stuttered in between his low sobs.

I understood what he meant but I didn’t want to believe him and so I ran, I ran as fast as my feet took me. I didn’t even notice where I was until a swing came into view. I didn’t go a step near the park, I watched from afar as other children played and laughed while I stood there not thinking about anything except Yoo Rin. I imagined her swinging in front of me, smiling lovingly  and calling out to me. I distinctively reached out to her but I felt nothing brush my fingers... just then two strong arms enveloped me in a hug, I didn’t even notice my tears but I knew I was crying.

“Min-ahh I promise I’ll find her and bring her back to us... I promise”, said my father with hope clouding his voice but his eyes gave him away. I hesitantly stepped back and my father dropped his arms and stoically with no emotion I walked back home, ignoring my father’s calls.

My name is Han Yoo Min and at age five my twin sister was taken away from me by my own mother and ever since that day I didn’t make a single promise...

Love it? Hate it? Please tell me. This is my first Asianfic and I don’t even know how to use the website so please be nice and overlook any mistakes for this chapter but please tell me about my flaws. Constructive criticism is appreciated :D

Jade

Also I made up these characters but JYJ will come into the picture soon, maybe next chapter if I get a good response.