The Thimble of Wine

Hogwarts, A History

Minseok quickly pushed his trolley past  the crowds of people at the train station.He glanced at his watch, seven minutes till eleven. With a sigh, he picked up his pace. This was the bun's last year at hogwarts, naturally he didn’t want to miss the train.

 

Platform six, Platform seven, Platform eight.. He counted the platforms in his head up until his destination, the barrier between  platforms nine and ten.  Minseok looked both ways, checking to see if any muggles were present.

 

“Ready Onew?” The owl flapped its wings in reply from its cage. Minseok took a breath, shut his eyes, and ran towards the barrier.

 

The Hogwarts Express wheezed loudly and let out puffs of smoke into the atmosphere, warning everyone that the train would be departing soon. Minseok followed the crowd of students, all trying to board the train. He set his belongings in a cart and bid a quick goodbye to his owl. 

 

"Baobaominnie hyung!" Minseok turned around in the direction of the familiar voice. His face lit up. 

 

"Jongdaeeee!" he called, running  up to the troll like boy. Minseok hadn't seen the Jongdae all summer. His parents had been turned into a pair shoes by a mysterious creature five years after he was born, so he'd been put into the care of his aunt and uncle twice removed.They were muggles who strongly disapproved of magic because it started with an M. 

 

 "Where's Luhan?" Minseok asked. 

 

"He is flying to hogwarts  on a giant apple" Jongdae answered. 

minseok tilted his head in confusion. 

 

"You see,  I promised him a thimble of wine if he could grow a giant apple and charm it to fly. " Jongdae explained as a matter of factly. 

Minseok sighed. Of course Luhan would agree to do something as ridiculous as that. 

 

"Where are the others?" Minseok asked. 

 

"Kai and Sehun are on the top of the train and the rest have already boarded." Jongdae informed as the hogwarts express shrieked and coughed up puffs of smoke. 

 

"We should probably go join them. " Minseok added before walking towards the train,  not bothering to ask why two of his idiot friends were seated on the top of the train. Jongdae following him. 

 

The two made their way to a L shaped booth at the very back. It had been a special request from Lay,  who could only do things related to the letter L. Minseok opened the sliding glass door. He scanned the area for a place to sit. 

Kris was next to Suho with Tao on his lap. Baekhyun, Chanyeol, and Kyungsoo  sat in the right corner guarding a mountain of snacks. Minseok and Jongdae took the only open seats next to Lay who was eating Lay's potato chips in the left corner. 

 

Minseok remained quiet throughout the ride to hogwarts while everyone shared their adventures over the summer. Apparently, Chanyeol had planted a quarter in the ground thinking a money tree would grow. The bun boy shook his head. Why was he even friends with these imbeciles?

 

***

Luhan tilted the stem of his apple,  steering it to the right. The hogwarts express angrily zoomed past him. From the corner of his eye, Luhan saw two figures spiraling towards the ground. Leaning forward, he directed the apple downwards. 

 

"HI lulu!" Sehun cheered, flapping his arms wildly, "Look! I can fly!" 

Luhan grabbed Sehun's hand and pulled him on to the apple. 

 

"Ooh thith ith cool! We should do thith more often" Sehun squealed, his lisp causing spit to spray all over Luhan. He took out his phone and started taking selfies. "Hashtag giantapplethwag!" 

 

"So tell me, What the hell were you doing in mid air when should have been boarded on the train?" Luhan asked. 

 

"Kai and I thought that thitting on the roof would give uth a better view of the thenery." Sehun explained, once again spraying Luhan with spit. 

 

"Kai! Whereth Kai?!" Sehun shouted, remembering his friend who had been stupid enough to sit on top of the train with him. 

 

Luhan looked down. "You don't think..." He gulped. 

 

"Nah. I'm thure he'th fine." Sehun reassured. 

 

***

Minseok looked up at the castle before him. They had just gotten off the boats and were about to enter Hogwarts. Finally I'm home. He began going down memory lane, thinking about the memories he created with his idiotic friends. Like the time Chanyeol lost his wand and broke Sehun's in half thinking it would create two new wands. And the time Kai charmed Baekhyun's eyelin-

 

"Hyung! MOVE OUT OF THE WAY!" Jongdae yelled pushing Minseok over, interrupting his flashbacks. 

 

THUD! 

 

A giant apple apple fell from the sky, crash landing on Jongdae's wand. 

 

"My poor baby!" Jongdae cried running over to the crushed apple bits. He dug through the mush grabbing the broken bits of his wand. "I'm so sorry.  I'm so sorry"  Jongdae repeated over and over again while cradling the remains of his precious wand in his arms. 

 

"Dammit Sehun!" Luhan grumbled,  wiping apple pieces off his face. 

 

"I'm thorry. I wath hungry!" Sehun defended , spraying chewed up apple pieces on everyone. 

 

"Oh right I almost forgot!" Luhan threw his arms in the air dramatically. "Jongdae!" He pointed at Jongdae, walking over to him. "You owe me a thimble of wine!" 

 

Jongdae looked up at Luhan, his face stained with tears. He pulled out a random thimble and a flask from his pocket. He poured the wine into the thimble and handed it to Luhan. 

 

Luhan watched as the wine fell from the holes in the thimble. 

 

"That's no good now." Minseok frowned, taking the thimble from Luhan. 

 

"Wait!" Luhan shrieked, running over to Minseok, who was just about ready to throw the thimble away. "Look at this poor innocent creature" Luhan took the thimble from Minseok and let it sit on his palm. He then began gently petting it. "You can't just throw this away. it's a living being, it has feelings too. Look how sad you made it."  Luhan held the thimble up high in the air.

 

 "I believe that this thimble should fulfill it's dreams in life and be respected as members of the society because thimbles are people too!" Luhan proclaimed, and bowed as everyone, excluding Minseok, clapped for him. 

 

"Be free little thimble! Be free! " Luhan cheered, throwing the thimble into the air. 

 

"NOOOO!" Kai screamed, arriving on a white stallion, "Don't waste that!" 

 

Kai jumped off his horse and caught the thimble, shoving it in his mouth. "Think about the poor poor starving children!" Kai shook his head in disapproval. 

 

"You're alive?!" Sehun ran over to Kai to check if he was real. 

 

"After I fell off the train, I landed on this horse. It belonged to this grasshopper who told me that he had been expecting me. Then the horse just started running, bringing me here." Kai explained, petting the horse, "His name is jfjdjdnsjsmsnsbob, Bob for short." 

 

"That's the gayest name I've ever heard." Baekhyun scoffed and flipped his hair. 

 

"Don't judge!" Kai growled, hugging his horse protectively. 

 

"You do realize you can't keep that thing right?" Minseok pointed at the horse. 

 

"Sure I can!" Kai squealed, "I'll keep it in the forest, like Kris did with his goat!"

 

"Kris has a goat?" Tao snickered. 

 

"His name is Mr. Galaxy and yes, I have a goat." Kris crossed his arms over his chest in attempt to look "cooleo". 

 

"Guys..." Kyungsoo interrupted , "We're the only ones here. Everyone else is inside..." 

 

"!" Baekhyun cursed, running towards the school. 

 

"This is all Luhan's fault!" Tao complained, following everyone into the castle.