Final

Kai's Dogs

I opened the door to my apartment and let out a sigh as I walked in and threw my stuff onto the couch.  It was a such a busy day today at the salon, where I worked, and all my classes.  I was totally exhausted, but so glad that it was finally Friday. 

It was about 5 pm and I had nothing to do, except do my homework, but who does that stuff on Fridays, right?  Instead of staying home and trying to find something else to do at home, I decided to go out on a walk since I didn't get a chance to this whole week. 

Once I was changed in more comfortable clothing, I grabbed my phone and keys then headed out towards the park where I aways walk by.  It was near the Han River, so I usually would walk along there for a while, too. 

As I walked, I greeted the regular people that were jogging around and they greeted me back as usual.  It was such a nice day for a walk.  The nice spring breeze blowing through my hair as the nice, shining sun beated on my revealing skin.  A small smile grew onto my face as I continued to walk on this wonderful day. 

Just as I was thinking that it was so quiet out today, I heard dogs barking.  I turned my head and saw three cute dogs running my way.  All three of them were hyper and jumping around me.  I found them so cute and bent down to play with them a bit. 

"Where is your owner?" I asked even though I knew that I wouldn't get an exact reply. 

Then someone called, "JjangAh!  MongGu!  JjangGu!" 

All three of them turned their heads as they heard their names and ran off.  I watched as they were running off, but got a phone call right at that moment, so I pulled my phone out of my pocket and answered it. 

After about an hour of not doing anything but walking around, I finally went home.  Right away I made a some dinner for me to eat, then got ready for bed. 

The next day, I went out again around 5 pm to walk about.  Again the three dogs that I saw yesterday came running up to me.  And once again they were called and ran off. 

 

~~A few days later~~

 

It's been the same thing every single day I've went to the park.  The three dogs would come up to me and jump around and play with me for a little bit, but then run off back to their owner. 

Wednesday came by and I didn't have any classes nor did I have work today.  So I was free to do whatever I wanted today.  Once I was done with a couple of errands, I decided to take a walk in the park.  I was really hoping to meet the three dogs again and play with them longer since I came early today. 

I sat on a bench that faced the Han River and enjoyed the nice warm weather.  I really wished that it could always be this warm all year round.  As I sat on there, I listened to music on my phone and started to doze off.  I guess I haven't been getting as much sleep as I thought I was. 

Before I could actually fall asleep, I felt someone step on my feet.  I opened my eyes to find one of the dogs that I've been seeing, running one way and a guy, probably his owner, chasing after him. 

"Sorry!" the guy looked back and apologized while still running.  "MongGu, come back!" 

It only took a few minutes for the guy to come back the way they had came from with the dog, MongGu, in his arms.  We locked eye contact as he was getting closer to me. 

"O-oh... hey... umm, sorry about my dog," he apologized again. 

"It's fine.  I love dogs," I said with a smile. 

He gave me a sweet smile in return then said, "My name is Jongin, or you can call me Kai." 

"I'm (Y/N).  Nice to meet you."  I got up from where I was sitting and shook his hand. 

"I think I've seen you before..." he mumbled. 

"Well, I come to this park quite often."

"Oh, that's probably why then." 

He bent down to let MongGu go, then got back up.  We sat down on the bench that I was sitting on and talked for a very long time.  I found out a lot of things about Jongin because we hit it off so well.  We told each other about our own stories and life and we both listened to what either of us had to say. 

Time passed by quickly and we both had to get going.  Before we went our own ways, though, we exchanged numbers and continued with our conversation on our phones.  The next few days we've met at the park a lot and talked or messaged each other on the phone.  As days went by, we got closer and closer to one another. 

Other than the attractive guy he was, he was a sweet-talker and knew exactly just what to say, he knew how to dance really well, and to me... he just seemed absolutely perfect.  And... I think I was starting to fall for him. 

 

"Hey, (Y/N)," he greeted me as I walked over to our designated bench. 

I smiled, as I usually did, and greeted him back, "Hi, Jongin."  I also found out that almost everybody calls him Kai instead of his real name, so I decided why not just call him by Jongin. 

"We should go and do something today." 

"Sure, where do you want to go?" 

"How about we-"  Just as he was in the middle of his sentence, there was a loud sound of thunder.  We both jumped in surprise and looked up to the gray sky.  Little droplets of rain fell on the top of my head, then all of a sudden it started pouring. 

A smile crawled onto my face and I stood up and spun around in the middle of the sidewalk.  I turned and looked to Jongin who was smiling at me while holding his jacket above his head.  A few minutes had passed and finally Jongin said that we should get going.  I nodded my head and lead him to my apartment since it was closer. 

Once we got inside, I went to the closet and pulled out two towels for the two of us.  Just then I realized that he didn't have any clothes and all I had were girl clothing. 

"I'll be right back," I said.  Jongin looked at me strangely.  "I'm gonna go buy you some clothes quickly.  What's your size?" 

"It's okay.  I'll be fine," he said. 

"No, you'll get sick.  I'm going to buy new clothes and it's final.  Now tell me your size before I just buy you whatever." 

He smiled and said okay and told me his t-shirt and pants size.  "Hurry back, or you'll get sick too!" he shouted to me as I ran back out. 

After I got his clothes, I came back home as fast as I could because it was starting to get cold.  Jongin was sitting on my couch watching t.v. silently, but turned to face me when I opened the door. 

"Here you go," I said and tossed him the shirt and shorts that I bought. 

"Thanks," he thanked me.  "How much were they?" 

"Not too much... you don't have to pay me back.  It's okay." 

"But-" 

"Now go shower and try them on." 

I pulled him up from where he was sitting and pushed him into the bathroom so that he could shower and change.  While he was in the bathroom, I ran to the kitchen and made us dinner since it was just about dinner time. 

Once Jongin was out of the bathroom and changed, we ate dinner.  Durring dinner, apparently I was shivering and sneezing a lot because Jongin brought it up to my attention.  I didn't even notice it before because I was enjoying this time that we were spending with each other. 

"See you're getting sick," he said in a scolding kind of tone. 

"No," I denied.  "I'm fine." 

After we ate I went to shower and change.  Then I came back out to the living room to watch t.v. with him.  The rain wouldn't stop, so I insisted that Jongin stay the night.  I was glad when he didn't hesitate to think about it, it made me fell good inside. 

Coincidentally we were watching a romantic drama as we were talking about that subject.  Then the electricity went out.  I sighed and got up and went to look for the flashlights that I put somewhere in the drawer. 

I came back within no time and sat back down next to Jongin and placed candles on the coffee table to create some source of light for us.  Even in the dim light, I could see all his handsome features.  All I could do was stare at him. 

"What?" he asked innocently.  "Do I have something on my face?"  I shook my head while smiling.  "Then what is it?" 

"Nothing," I said while biting my bottom lip and looking down at my lap. 

He lifted my head back up by using his hands to tilt my chin upwards.  I was staring into his eyes once again, but this time I felt a bit embarrassed.  He smiled and laughed a little, sweet laugh. 

"Y-you know..." he stuttered.  "W-well... um... you're... b-beautiful." 

I couldn't believe what I was hearing.  My mind just went blank and I just couldn't speak or respond right then.  We hadn't even known each other for a long time, but he was saying this?  What am I saying- I'm the one that's basically in love with him. 

"Th-thanks..." I said.  I felt my cheeks get red, and I had to look away for a second. 

"(Y/N), I know this may be a bit soon... but I... I-I like you.... a lot..." 

"R-really?" 

"Yeah...  It was really nice getting to know you and I realized that I was falling for your beauty and lovely personality." 

Now I knew for sure that my face was as red as a tomato.  "I-I.... I like you, too, Jongin." 

"Really?" 

I nodded my head in response. 

"Then does that mean... w-we could be together?" 

"Of course." 

Although I was acting cool and calm on the outside, Jongin didn't know how happy I was and going crazy internally.  This honestly felt like a dream come true.  I was dating my ideal guy and it just felt unrealistic. 

We talked for a bit longer, then decided to head of to bed.  The next few days went by and we just couldn't spend a day without seeing or talking to each other.  Well we were a new couple after all. 

One day I had a fever and stayed home.  I just didn't feel well at all to do anything.  I stayed in bed from the time I got up until now, 3 o'clock pm.  Then my doorbell rang.  Before I got up to answer it, I groaned and threw my blanket around my shoulders. 

When I opened my door, Jongin was standing there with his three dogs.  My mood brightened and I knelt down right away to play with them.  Even though I was happier than earlier, I still felt very sick. 

"Are you sick?" Jongin asked worriedly. 

I got back up and nodded my head to him.  I let them walk in and closed the door behind them and sat on my couch.  "I have a fever," I told him. 

"See, I told you," he scolded.  "Have you been taking medicine?" 

"I didn't get up until you rang the doorbell." 

"What?"  He looked at me surprised, then got up and walked over to the kitchen.  "Okay, I'll be taking care of you now.  Just sit there." 

Jongin came back with a bowl of soup, a glass of water, and some medicine.  He placed everything in front of me on the coffee table, but held the soup in his hands and started feeding me.  At first I told him that I could do it myself, but he wouldn't let me and forced my hands down. 

After I finished the soup, water, and medicine, he left me to wash the dishes that I didn't wash last night.  While he was gone doing that, I played with his three dogs.  I had missed them a lot because I haven't gotten a chance to see them that often. 

Once Jongin was done and came back into the living room, he sat down on the ground with me and his three babies.  We played with them and talked at the same time.  Then MongGu rested in my lap and and gave me a little kiss.  I was giggling, but when I looked over to Jongin he had a slight sour look on his face. 

"What's wrong?" I asked. 

"How could you let my own dog steal a kiss from you?" he pouted.  I found it extremely cute when he was jealous and couldn't help but smile. 

"Why?  Are you jealous?" 

He looked at me and just stared for a second.  Then he smirked and with a blink of an eye, our lips were touching.  It seemed like hours were passing by as we sat there and enjoyed our kiss.  In the middle of our kissing session, I remembered that I was sick and pulled away. 

"Hmm?" Jongin hummed. 

"I'm sick," I said. 

"It's okay."  Then he pressed our lips back together. 

 

 


Hi guys!  Here's a quick little one-shot of Kai!  Him and his doggies are so adorably cute ^-^  hehe... any ways, I hope that you enjoyed reading and comment, subsribe, and upvote if you did!  Thank you! 

 

~Angelflyer