Prologue

When the Clock Strikes 12
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

December 31, 2014
11:55 P.M.

 

            Five minutes. That’s the remaining time I have left. After that, the life and memories I made this year will all be forgotten; all will be erased. This thing always happened annually but I still can’t get used to it.

            I made my way to the clock tower with my head bent low. It was raining hard and I was already starting to shiver since my coat was already damp. Every step I made was painful. I just don’t have the heart to leave; I don’t want to start from scratch again and again. I want to end this cursed cycle for good.

            Whenever I’m transported to another place, my mind is blank. But when I started to figure things out, I noticed that I already have a place in the new world. At first, I would not have a hard time adjusting since my life is always luxurious. But after some time, the sadness would start to devour my mind and there my heart starts to feel it, too. It wants something. It wants love and that’s the reason I want to die, but I can’t die. I'm cursed and I can't escape. It always ends in heartbreak especially in my situation.

            I experienced love in the past and it was the best feeling I’ve felt ever since I was thrown in this treacherous cycle. I don’t know how I knew it but whenever I try to think about it, I can only see vague faces and I know that it didn’t end well.

             I arrived at the top and tried to admire the view below.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter