1/1

What Lies Behind The Camera

Jimin ends the call with a cheery “See you then” and hangs up. He closes his eyes and inhales sharply, as deep as the pacific. He feels his whole body rest over the soft mattress and he pleasures himself with it, regardless of the time.

Choosing to open his deep brown eyes, he places his phone above his pillow and lets out a smile.

He was going to return to the dorm for one last time after three months.

Three months after everyone went their own separate ways despite being together for more than three years as a band of idols. As a band of brothers.

 

“Yoongi,” a whisper leaves his lips but that smile never leaves. He wants to savor that name every day even though he can’t see him any longer.

 

Bangtan Sonyeondan was on the top when they decided to disband. But it wasn’t a bad breakup. It was a consensus vote, pitched in and supported by each and every one of the members, crew and managers. It wasn’t forced and thus, wasn’t an ugly disbanding. Why would it be? They simply disbanded because they couldn’t continue without one of their members. They didn’t want to continue on after their ‘Number one rapper from Daegu’ lost his life to a battle against terminal illness. And everyone understood.

 

Jimin still remembers the way his hyung would whine whenever they were made to learn a new choreography. He remembers the way he would laugh lazily whenever he himself cracked a joke which no one but he would understand. He remembers the way his lazy hyung would write lyrics so whole heartedly, he would even forget the time of the day. He remembers the way Yoongi would always have that expensive camera of his hang around his delicate neck, always clicking pictures or making videos for ‘memories sake’. He remembers the way his hyung would give him a reassuring hug whenever he messed up a dance step or missed a high note on live performances. He remembers the was his hyung, the lazy and easy going Yoongi, would surprise him with small kisses on his cheeks, forehead, nose and finally his lips whenever he was annoyed or sad.

He remembers everything. It’s a little painful during times like these, when Jimin tries to remain calm and composed. But you couldn’t blame him. Yoongi was technically his pillar and closest confidante. And before they became lovers, they were best friends. So it was only fair that his nose stung a little when he thought of Yoongi because he missed him a little too much.

But he doesn’t cry. He misses Yoongi but he doesn’t cry. Because he doesn’t regret anything.

He doesn’t regret anything at all.

 

Jimin waits at the gate. He knows he is a little early (thirty minutes early) but it’s a habit that he caught from their golden maknae. That kid was always early for everything, pushing himself to the fullest. He remembers very clearly that Yoongi would hate that. But at the same time, he envied the maknae because of his confidence and hard working attitude.

The 95 liner continues to wait for s alone. Ten minutes have passed but still no sign of them. Then again, he reminds himself that he is still really early. At that time, he sees an army of ants marching on the gate which led to their dorm. He smiles and bends down to their level and watches them do whatever it is that they were doing. Now, Jimin had never liked studying about small animals or insects. Hell, he couldn’t differentiate between an emu and an ostrich (The names were apparently confusing) so he had no idea what the ants were doing but he assumed that they were carrying food back to their colony. And suddenly he finds himself wishing that the ants would live to the happiest, working for the colony and remaining loyal to the queen for it was her who gave them life and…

What the actual hell?

“Wow,” he laughs and stands up straight again. “I sound like Taehyung.” He continues to laugh, covering his mouth like the princess eomma that he knew. “I probably look like an idiot,” he speaks and continues to giggle to himself. He knows that no one would understand what he was doing. Honestly speaking, even he didn’t understand himself but then again, he didn’t care. Hoseok hyung never understood himself. Often at times, he would not understand what he himself was doing but that didn’t stop him from doing the things that he loved.

Realizing the train of thoughts in his head, Jimin comes to a happy (and somewhat melancholic) realization. All the members’ habits rubbed off on him. He had picked up their habits unconsciously and for that he doesn’t know whether to be proud or to be ashamed. Because in truth, those people were annoying and plain dorky. “Still,” he says and looks up at the clear sky. It was a warm day despite it being the advent of winter. “They are family.”

 

Suddenly, he heard a familiar voice call for him. “Hyung!”

That airy voice was unmistakably Jungkook’s. Jimin turns towards the voice to see a towering raven head walking well timely, with his hands in his pockets. He was wearing dark blue jeans and had on a coat which reached the lower part of his thighs. The color was black. Jimin mentally laughs. “Typical Jeon Jungkook.” That idiot would not wear anything besides black, white and the occasional blue and red. This dressing sense took him back on a sudden memory.

 

“Hyung,” he asked. Yoongi turned towards the voice and he puts on a sub conscious pout and Jimin thinks that it looks as adorable as . The elder was in the middle of putting on a jacket on top of the white shirt that he was wearing. And the color was, needlessly, black.

“Why don’t you wear colored clothes?” Jimin asked while he stood there, waiting for his boyfriend to finish changing. “They are colored, you rascal,” Yoongi laughed and pulled up the zipper till his very adorable chin. Jimin knitted his eyebrows well naturedly and lets out a smile. “You know what I mean, hyung.” Yoongi pretended to think at this proposal. “That’s because, my dear idiot Jiminnie,” he began after a few seconds of fake pondering. His eyes never left the younger as he continued. “You look better in colored clothes.”

“That doesn’t even make sense, hyung!” But Yoongi never gave a direct answer. Instead, he continued his chuckles and hung that very same expensive camera around his fragile neck. “You’ll understand someday, Jiminnie,” he said. Jimin was a hundred percent sure that he sounded like an old hermit or something.

“Smile,” he suddenly announced and took unprepared pictures of the younger.

 

 

I still don’t understand what you were trying to say, hyung, he thinks but greets the maknae of the group. Obviously he was the first one to arrive.

 

 

“So hyung,” Jungkook asks while they wait for the other along with his partner in crime. “How have you been?” The maknae is carefully observing Jimin’s reactions. He has been observing them from the start and so far, he seemed perfectly normal. And this troubled him.

Jimin knits his eyebrows. He knows that there is a double meaning in the question but he chooses to ignore it. The perfect demon maknae is sincerely worried for him, he fully comprehends the situation but he has no reason to be. So he replies with an equally simple answer.”I’m fine, Jungkookie. You?”

Jungkook nods carefully. His eyes never flicker from the elder but shorter hyung and Jimin thinks of the only thing in his mind. Dude, how much could this kid grow? And he’s still growing. “Jungkook,” he assures, his voice sounding more firm than he ever permitted it to be. “I’m fine, seriously. You don’t have to be worried about me.”

Jungkook wavers for a moment, looking apologetic but he returns to his original position of being inquisitive and curious and understanding and sweet. “I’m sorry, hyung,” he admits. “But I’m just worried. After all, Yoongi hyung was…”

“I know,” Jimin quickly cuts in. He immediately regrets his cutting in the maknae but then again, what’s done is done. “He was my best friend and boyfriend. And yes, I’m still sad about it. But we can’t just continue sulking on till eternity, can we?” Here, Jimin sees Jungkook shake his head. Good, he thinks, he gets it.

A moment of ironically deafening silence follows which makes Jimin ponder whether he should come up with a new topic to converse about or not. But he remembers that Jungkook was never the talkative type. “Leave the speaking to Rap Monster and the noise to J-Hope and V”. That was the gag motto of the members when they were together.

 

“Kookie!” a sonorous voice sounds from a few blocks and Jimin doesn’t even have to turn to know who it was. Definitely alien material.

“Hyung!” Jungkook calls out and his entire face lights up like a Christmas tree. Jimin rolls his eyes. These two kids were unbelievable, ignoring him like this even though he was right there.

After the two maknaes hug each other as if they hadn’t seen each other for years, Taehyung finally acknowledges the eldest in the group. “Jiminnie!” he calls out, still as disrespectful as ever. “How are you?”

Jimin grits his teeth silently but he’s used to it by now. “Perfectly fine. You?”

“I’m good,” he says in that weirdly accented voice of his. “I finally applied for a college.”

Both the beagles raise their eyebrows in utter surprise. “And?” Jungkook urges, his vocal pitch going higher than usual. Clearly, he was more surprised. “I got in,” Taehyung grins. Jungkook jumps frantically and rushes into another embrace again. Jimin pats the younger (but again, taller) on his back. If Yoongi were here, he would’ve taken out that camera of his and snapped a few dozen shots for the sake of memory. “Wow. Who knew you were smart enough to get into a college?” he comments, irking Taehyung a little. The auburn haired male with the adorable eyes pouts a little and Jungkook laughs.

Well done kid, Jimin imagines Suga hyung say in his head. And the dancer lets out a satisfied smile.

 

“Where’s the rest?” Taehyung asks, not a minute later. Jimin sighs. Taehyung has never been patient.

All of a sudden, Hoseok’s happy callings are heard from across the street. And beside him is the pretty Jin, looking very embarrassed (which was apparent from him covering his face).

“Now, all we’re lacking is the leader,” Jin says as they reunite and greet everyone.

 

“Not really,” a deep voice startles all five of them from behind. Turning back, they see Namjoon, his hair a dark shade, looking healthy and well. He was in a long white coat, wrapping a light blue hued scarf around his neck. In his hands are the keys of the dorm in which they all resided.

“Which idiot came first and didn’t even bother getting the keys?” the leader asks. Both Jungkook and Jimin laugh nervously, not revealing the answer. Obviously, Namjoon wasn’t the leader for no reason.

“Come on, come on,” Jin, the mother of the group chides the boys. “Let’s go in and grab the rest of our stuff. And later, we’ll get some lunch. My treat.” That earns a loud cheer from everyone and Namjoon walks up to the gate and opens it. Jimin watches the gate being pushed open. It still let’s out that small creak on being pushed open and he smiles fondly. PD-nim still hasn’t fixed the gate, huh?

The dark haired once dancer of the once famous group BTS lingers on a little more at the sight of the opening gate that he completely forgets their initial purpose of returning to the dorm which is to get the last of their stuffs from the dorm before they moved on from their idol life. This was their closure; their break; their final serenade in the midst of their once safe haven.

Our ultimate revelry, huh?

“Jimin?” a small call sounds all the way from the door. Only then does he realize that he has been standing outside the gate for a little too long. “Coming,” he replies and walks in towards the building until he is inside.

 

 

A lot of “Woah”s and “ohhh”s are let out by each one of the members. And Jimin fully understands why. The whole dorm looks emptier than a table after Thanksgiving. Usually, the whole place would be swarming with stuff – unnecessary or not. Taehyung’s plush toys would be lying around in the living room, a few of Jimin’s clothes would be in one corner of the room, Jungkook’s school books would normally be lying somewhere or the other etc etc. But there are none of these. Everything is arranged in a very systematic way, neatly. And the members can’t help but feel a little sad to see it so clean. But they say nothing against it.

“Well,” Namjoon announces first. “I’m heading to my room to get my stuff,” he says, his voice smooth and slick. Jimin nods absently, not concerned about whether anyone noticed or not. “Namjoon ah,” was the last thing Jimin heard from Jin before he went to the very room which used to be shared by the ‘No.1 Rapper’.

 

The petite male takes off his jacket and places it carelessly on the empty white bed. He takes in the smell of the room so as to make it last and remain with him forever. Or until he needed to.

“So,” he says and claps his hands, turning towards the shelves which had some of his and Suga’s stuff. He had forgotten to take them with him last time. Well, there was that but it was mostly because he no longer had space to put them in his luggage when he left the last time. And now, he was here to finish everything and put an end to the book. No more bookmarks.

“You ready, hyung?”

 

When the packing is done by half, Jimin suddenly finds to see a photo under a cat shaped toy. What’s this? Jimin picks up the picture and sees that it is a picture of him asleep on his own bed.

“What?” he pulls it closer to his face and notices that the picture brings out the best sides of him. The picture made him look so angelic, so beautiful. The lighting which came from the right of the room, falling on his dark hair, perfectly radiating the softness of his smooth face – Jimin knew that this could only be his hyung’s work. Only Min Yoongi was able to bring out the best in him.

He ignores the small pang in his heart and chooses to smile instead. “Hyung,” he says, speaking to no one in particular. “You were such a creep, weren’t you?”

 

 

Yoongi walked into their room to see a crouched Jimin in one corner of the bed. The younger had on a pair of black framed glasses on the tip of his nose and it took Yoongi all his power and self restraint not to take off those glasses and kiss him senseless. Then again, his stomach began to do those weird rumblings so he was rendered helpless but to just stand there and act cool. Yeah, leave it to Jimin to make him feel all weak kneed and nervous yet feel amazing.

It is said that soul mates were so much in sync with they could even guess what the other was thinking. And this was true up to some level in their case. Yoongi could feel that something was heavy in the atmosphere and he was a little surprised to see that it was Jimin who was causing the dark aura.

“Jiminnie?” he called out only to be replied with an uncomfortable silence.

Yoongi moved towards the younger and flopped down on his bed, right beside him. Nudging him a little bit more, he asked what was wrong. Jimin gave a small smile. “Nothing’s wrong, hyung. How was your walk?”

The elder knew by then that Jimin was clearly distracted by something. If he weren’t, he would have given him his ‘welcome back’ kiss on the cheeks by then. “What’s bothering you, Jimin?” he asked again. But the younger refused to even look at him. Did he do something ty yet again?

Deciding to handle things calmly, Yoongi displayed a soft smile on his lips. He used his two long forefingers to urge the younger’s head up from under his chin. And just like that, the two boys made eye contact which seemed to be filled with a little too much intensity.

Relax, Yoongi, Yoongi mentally chided himself. He had to do so much so as to not curdle up in a ball in the corner of the room due to Jimin’s mere presence. “Did I do something wrong?”

Jimin knitted his eyebrows in a confused manner. His eyes wavered a little towards the left and the knot in the eyebrows disappeared after a moment. “No you didn’t, hyung,” he replied and stood up, releasing him from Yoongi’s grip on his chin. And for some reason, Yoongi couldn’t get himself to believe that.

“Park Jimin,” Yoongi said, standing up and turning to face the usually cheerful beagle. “Then what’s wrong? You’re not this moody normally.”

“Nor are you this concerned usually,” Jimin spat out and for once, Yoongi was taken a little aback. Jimin sounded rude and bitter. He sounded as if he was accusing him of something. Realizing his rude tone, Jimin immediately apologized. “I didn’t mean…” But Yoongi immediately agreed. “Yes, normally I’m not this concerned or pushy. But when it distresses you, I will be the most concerned person in the world simply because you are involved.”

Jimin fights back some tears of exhaust and pushes his hair back from his forehead. He then takes off his glasses and smiles warmly at the elder, looking apologetic of his dramatic comeback. “I’m sorry. I over reacted.” Yoongi immediately forgave the younger and now moved up to him to hold him. And hold him he did, by the waist. The slightly taller pulled the other towards him until their hips were touching. “Now are you going to tell me what was bothering you?”

“I…” Jimin started but hid his face almost immediately. “Nothing. It was stupid.” Yoongi thought otherwise. “If it annoyed you o much I’m sure it wasn’t stupid.”

Jimin sighed, knowing that he had lost. “Fine,” he breathed in. “I overheard that when a person likes someone, they are all nervous and fidgety when near them. But you don’t seem…” his voice faded out by then but Yoongi fully understood what his adorable boyfriend was trying to say.

“Let me tell you something Park Jimin,” Yoongi began, deciding the best way to let out a secret. “Do you know how hard it is for me to breathe when I am near you?”

Jimin looked at him in disbelief. “You’re lying.”

Yoongi merely shook his head. “No I’m not. When I’m near you, I get this weird feeling where I’m unable to even breathe. I can’t tell apart my right from left. Hell, I even forget to blink at times. My stomach turns and churns so violently that I sometimes feel like hurling out.” Jimin’s disbelief soon turned to a soft smile, which then slowly turned to one of his famous eye smiles which could make anyone fall in love with him. But he still had that regretful look on his face. He was still regretful that he even brought up the topic to begin with.

“But at the same time, I feel so calm and protected. You’re younger than me but I feel so safe when I’m near you. My eyes continue to be so fixated on you that I cannot focus on anything else. And those weird kung fu flips in my stomach and chest are so familiar that I don’t even question them anymore. The moment that happens, I immediately think that you’re near.” He gazed deep into Jimin’s glassy eyes. That sheen was not there before. Jimin was definitely tearing up. “Now do you know how much I love you?”

Jimin tried to hide his smile but failed miserably. How could he hide anything from Yoongi? Then again, Yoongi had always thought that he was too bright to hide anything.

 

 

Jimin clenches the picture a little too tightly that it was crumbling around the corners. A strong memory triggers inside him suddenly.

 

 

“Yah, Park Jimin!” Yoongi barked at the younger. “What’s with that attitude?” But Jimin refused to listen. He didn’t care anymore. He had found out that his hyung had been hiding the latest medical report from him. It was no secret from the managers and the members knew that Yoongi was battling a terminal illness ever since their second year. It was kept a secret from the fans but they were planning to reveal it in due time. What Jimin didn’t know was that Yoongi’s health was declining but he definitely found out when he read the latest medical report which he found under Yoongi’s bed while he was cleaning the room.

“Hyung,” both men heard the frightened maknae call someone. Jimin turned and told the bunny toothed boy to return to his room. “I’ll explain everything later, Jungkook. Leave us alone now.” The maknae nodded and left the room.

 

“I didn’t tell you because I was waiting for a good time,” Yoongi continued his barking.

Jimin scoffed. He was seriously considering screaming and was doing quite a bang up job at it. “No, you weren’t! You weren’t planning on telling us. You intended to keep it all to yourself until you died, weren’t you?” Yoongi winced a little. How did he know?

“Yoongi,” Jimin lowered his voice. It was evident that the conversation was serious when Jimin didn’t acknowledge the elder as ‘hyung’. It was a ground rule that the two had established when they became friends. “When you aren’t sharing about your problems, how do you expect me to help you? How do you expect us to help you?”

Yoongi swore later that he didn’t mean it but right at that moment, he couldn’t control his temper. “It isn’t your business!” he spat out which earned him a cold, silent glare of disbelief and anger from the younger. “It isn’t my business?” the angry shout fest continued. But this time, only the husky voiced male got the chance to speak. “It is mine, Yoongi; of all the people it is my business,” he asserted, glaring angrily at the unreasonable rapper. “It is my business because you are my best friend. It is my business because you are my band member; because you are my one and only love. It is very much my business because I ing care.” His glare turned suffocating all of a sudden and completely void of emotions. “But if you don’t want me to care any longer, hyung. I won’t.”

With that, Jimin turned away from Yoongi, wanting to indicate that the conversation and maybe their relationship was over. That weird clutch in his chest occurred again and Yoongi was sure that it had nothing to do with his illness. “Dammit!” he cursed and gritted his teeth, preventing himself from saying anything equally hurtful.

“Get back here!” he yanked the younger back by the hand and before you knew it, Jimin was pinned to the wall with a loud thud. “What the !” Jimin cursed but was quickly cut off by Yoongi crashing his own lips on his. Their bodies ground against each other but the pressure seemed to do nothing else but increase. That strange feeling in Yoongi’s chest began to hurt even more. It was starting to feel constricting and suffocating from the lack of air. But the elder kept going.

“Stop…” Jimin tried to push the attacker away, mumbling out words in between. He squirmed restlessly under Yoongi’s grip but he knew he was helpless. And both Jimin and Yoongi knew that the former hated feeling helpless. “Let…me…go!” Jimin forced out, trying his level best but failed miserably. Yoongi’s sudden strength made it impossible to even breathe. And the desperate angry kisses from Yoongi upon his mouth weren’t helping either. Both males were out of breath but the elder continued his rough attack on the enraged dancer.

 

By now, Jimin was crying, not out of pain from the harsh kisses that his boyfriend was currently giving him (he was sure that his lips were bleeding). He was crying because the realization of Yoongi’s declining health hit him like a train. Yes, he always knew that Yoongi was a sickly person, suffering from an illness which he was getting treated for. But this was always like a leisurely slow paced bicycle ride. So when he found out that the treatment was doing nothing to improve the unbelievably lazy male’s health, his whole world came crashing down.

Feeling the need to inhale not only for his sake but for Jimin’s sake, Yoongi pulled away. He noticed that Jimin’s normally full lips were bleeding a little and had swollen up a little in the middle. He had been too rough.

The elder realized that Jimin was no longer making any attempts to escape from his grip. He felt Jimin’s arms go limp in his tight grip and even he loosened it a little. Then his eyes caught sight of a heartbroken Jimin, droplets of precious tears rolling down his smooth cheeks. The younger’s gaze was fixated on him and Yoongi noticed that Jimin had the most miserable look on his face at that moment. His eyebrows cowered in sorrow, his quivering (and now bleeding) lips parted in fear and his eyes shone in nothing but endless pain.

“Don’t do that,” Yoongi whispered out in surrender, resting his tired head on Jimin’s exposed collar bone. His chest pains weren’t going away but that was nothing compared to how ty he was feeling at the moment. “You can’t leave me, Jimin,” he whispered out again, this time in between ragged breaths. His voice sounded heavy and coarse.

Yoongi didn’t give that he was being selfish. He had every right to be. He needed to be selfish.

“I’m so sorry,” Yoongi whispered again and closed his eyes shut. He had to close them or the tears of his own fears would have fallen. And he, of all people, the patient, had to remain strong. Because the treatment was not only for the patient but the living too. Jimin took in a shaky breath, cringing as the blood tasted metallic on his tongue. His heart ached badly. He wanted to rest. He wanted to sleep. He needed to be comfortable and who else would be as comfortable as his own boyfriend and best friend?

A shaky “shhh” emitted from Jimin’s bleeding lips. He raised his arms and caressed Yoongi’s head softly. They were going to get through this together. They simply had to.

 

 

Jimin isn’t surprised that he finds a few more pictures lying around on the floor of the shelves. And each and everyone is a picture of him alone or with one of the other members. And the photographer is always Yoongi, capturing his boyfriend’s best sides even when the dancer wasn’t looking.

All of a sudden, the same person who is lost in the torrential flow of memories hears a loud thud followed by a groan which echoed through the rooms. Jimin recognizes the voice to be none other than Hoseok’s. He sighs fondly. What is was it now?

 

By the time he reaches the living room, all of the members have gathered around Hoseok. The restless virus sat right in the middle, massaging the area where he had just hit on the wooden table right in the middle. Jimin always thought that the table was unnecessary. After all, it was placed right in front of the home screen and the couch. And there were countless number of times where he also banged his legs against it.

The grudging male then notices that the alien isn’t paying attention to Hoseok. Instead, he has a somewhat oversized box in his hands, digging through the contents. And from what Jimin sees, they’re more photographs.

“Where’d you find this hyung?” Taehyung asks, catching everyone else’s attention.

Hoseok groans and Jimin recognizes the sarcasm loaded in those next words. “I’m fine, thanks for asking.” Taehyung turns back with all the innocence of a child in his eyes and replies obliviously, “Oh. You’re welcome.” The rest face palm and Hoseok momentarily gives up.

 

“Isn’t that…?” Jin asks and Namjoon pulls out the most prized possession of Yoongi from the box. His camera.

“It was in the closet at the end of the hall,” Hoseok explains. “There are a few pictures in it. So I thought we’d like to go through them together.” His eyes are carefully tracing the third youngest in the group. The party of six decides it to be a good idea and they spill out the contents of the box on the floor, carefully placing the camera on the table which Jimin had deemed useless.

Various memories flash through the six boys’ minds. They now understand what Yoongi meant by ‘taking pictures for memories sake’. But each member couldn’t have known that this ‘memory’ would be formed after his death.

“Whoa,” Hoseok says and points to the picture in his hand. “I don’t even know when he took this!” The portrait is of Hoseok looking out from the window on a dark rainy day. The light isn’t very bright and the face of the model isn’t very clear either. But those are not the central piece of the picture. The picture rather focuses on the dark mood of the setting, in clear view of the tiny droplets that was forming on the glass window right outside. Hoseok had a very melancholy look on his face, as if sad over the fact that he couldn’t play outside because of the disruptive rain. He looked like a longing child, pleading for the rain to go away.

“That’s so beautiful,” Jin adds obviously. But the members agree wordlessly because it is true. The members spend the next hour scanning through the pictures, laughing and recalling all of the fun times they had together when they were still together through the pictures. Finally, they see a group of photos, banded together by a rubber band.

“What’s that?” Taehyung asks and Namjoon unties the collection. He is the first one to look at the first few pictures so he chuckles a little in fond memory. “Birthday pictures,” he says and hands over the pictures to the rest of the people.

“Let me see,” Hoseok announces and takes the pictures, laughing aloud as he replaces one picture with the other. “Omo, look at Jungkook crying,” he teases and the maknae pouts. “He looked so ugly! Like a wet rat!” The other members laugh except the maknae who didn’t find it funny at the slightest. “You guys surprised me!” Jungkook justifies, the pout very evident on his perfectly flawless face.

“Besides,” he continues. “You looked ugly too. You cried harder than me.” Hoseok gives an obvious ‘I know’ face and replies. “Of course, I know that. You cried as hard as me.” Jungkook back fires so he remains quiet. Taehyung and Jin coos at him. “You looked handsome, Kookie!”

Jimin laughs and flips through the pictures. He knows that he will never get tired of looking at the masterpieces of Yoongi.

 

Suddenly, Namjoon asks what ‘this’ is. Jimin turns and sees in his hands that it’s a memory storage card. It’s a blue card, looking small as compared to Namjoon’s big palm. Jin jokes. “Careful, Namjoon-ah. You’ll break it.” The boys chuckle a little and Taehyung picks it up quickly. He walks over to the tv screen and switches it on, waiting for the screen to adjust to the sudden power surge.

“Let’s watch it,” he says and searches for the memory card slot on the sides of the screen. Jungkook and Hoseok are the first ones to settle in front of the table. The distance between that unnecessary table in unbelievably close to the screen and the dancer worries for their poor eyesight. Thank goodness Jin pulls the table back so that those two idiots could adjust to the screen more appropriately.

Suddenly, Hoseok snickers. “Hyung?” Jungkook asks as Namjoon and Jin are settling down on either ends of the couch. Taehyung is making his way to the table, aiming specifically at the place next to the golden boy. “I just thought of something,” Hoseok says, eyeing Jimin suspiciously, if not slyly. Jimin isn’t sure if he wants to hear his hyung’s thoughts or not.

“What if it’s a ‘home movie’ of Jimin and him?”

Jin lets out a loud shriek even before anyone can make a plausible reaction. Namjoon slaps Hoseok’s shoulder and Jimin is left to blush violently. Taehyung laughs along with the devil maknae. “Dude!” Jin scolds the person who just spoke. “What happens in their room doesn’t concern us!”

Jimin is forced to cower down in even further embarrassment. If this was not embarrassing, what was?

“Please,” Jimin squeaks out. “Could you please stop?” The laughs subside and Taehyung presses play on the remote. It’s a slideshow of a few pictures. The best collection, Jimin remembers Yoongi announce proudly. Yes, he had seen this collection of pictures before. It was the collection that he was most proud of. And revisiting the compilation, he had every right to be.

 

Suddenly, the screen fades to black leaving the room in utter silence. “Video?” Taehyung’s big voice echoes through the room and a scene of the members eating on the table appears on the screen. Jimin tilts his head in confusion. Yoongi had always shown him his works. Why didn’t he see this last time? The members react with cheers and they all know that the scene on the screen was the one during their first anniversary. They recalled the photographer of the group was taking some pictures and was making a video of them.

 

As the video plays, each member hears the mini interview session that the camera man has with them. First is Jin.

“Hyung,” the lazy voice rings from behind the camera. Jin looks up and laughs cheerfully to see the device focused on him. He gives it a little wave and awaits Yoongi’s instructions.

Yoongi begins. “Today is our band’s anniversary, isn’t that right?”

Jin answers, “Yes, that’s right.”

“How do you feel as the mother of the group?” he asks. Jin doesn’t even take time to think and he replies readily. “Obviously very happy. I’m really proud of the fact that we reached a milestone. But we have to work hard and maintain this level and gradually improve.”

“That’s right,” the voice behind the camera approves. “But hyung, I want you to say something personal. This won’t be aired.”

“It won’t?” Jin asks and laughs. The camera sways from side to side to signify the negative. “But that’s what I want to say,” Jin continues and laughs melodiously. “Uhhh,” he stalls. “Did you enjoy the food?” Yoongi giggles from the back. “Obviously. Chef Jin’s is the best!” And Yoongi’s right hand is visible on the screen, displaying a thumbs-up.

 

“Come on hyung,” Yoongi urges, his hand receding back. “Don’t you have anything to say to the members? Not even to Namjoon ah?”

Jin knits his eyebrows in confusion. “Why the specific naming?” he asks. “No reason. You guys are close so I figured you’d want to say something to him.” Jin thinks for some time. “Well…” the camera shakes a little. “My fellow members, congratulations. I am grateful that you made this journey with me. Let’s continue fighting till the end, okay? Fighting! Oh and Namjoon ah,” Jin comes close to the camera at this point, covering the side of his lips as if to express that what he was about to say was a secret. “I’m doing this since Yoongi asked me to but know that you’re the best leader. How you manage to keep even the hyungs in check is a wonder. Don’t be scared to approach hyung if you’re down, okay? Love you, Namjoon ah, love you BTS!”

 

“Aaah,” Namjoon reacts and claps. Hoseok and the rest soon join him and Namjoon catches a hold of Jin’s hand. “Hyung is the best,” he announces, good naturedly patting his back.

The scene changes abruptly and the screen is relights with Hoseok’s face plastered at the lens of the camera. Everyone lets out a laugh and the camera pulls back, adjusting itself to the handsomeness. And the dialogue begins.

“Hoseok ah,” the camera man speaks once again. “Hmm?” Hoseok gives that bright smile of his. “On a personal note, who is your favorite member?”

Hoseok laughs and covers his mouth. He places down his phone and points at the camera, or more specifically, at the person behind the camera. He’s in his school uniform outfit which means that the group was in the midst of performing something from their album ‘Skool Luv Affair’.

“I like everyone,” Hoseok replies. Yoongi makes a voice which they all recognize. It’s the voice of disbelief that Yoongi uses when he wants something from the other. And in this case, he is urging an answer from the 94 liner. And it’s evident that he doesn’t want a diplomatic one.

Hoseok laughs aloud. “You’re so persistent hyung,” he comments. “But I like everyone equally.” Suddenly, his looks turn playful and he looks slyly at the camera. “I think I like Jimin most, if I had to choose.”

“Yah!” a commanding voice sounds from the camera man. Hoseok laughs and immediately apologizes.

“Forget it,” Yoongi says from behind the camera. “Just send a message to the members. This video will not be aired.”

Hoseok thinks for some time. “Uhhh,” he says, “Jin hyung, I like it when you make stir fried noodles. But it would be better if you could add more meat in it.” He laughs and Yoongi joins him. “Yoongi hyung, your work is really good. You’re gonna get better quickly and make even better ones right?” he asks.

“Of course. No need to mention the obvious.” Hoseok grins, his heart shaped lips glowing.

“Namjoon ah, I forgive you for breaking my Spongebob toy. Also, thank you for trying to replace it. You thought I didn’t know about it huh?” Yoongi cackles from behind the camera and J-Hope continues. “Jimin ah, you tend to overwork. Don’t do that. Also, please don’t do weird stuff with Yoongi hyung in your room. You can do it but if you do, please keep it down.”

“This rascal!” Yoongi comments. “When did we ever do anything like that?” Hoseok simply laughs and pushes Yoongi’s hands (which were about to slap or punch him) away.

“Taehyung ah…” he says but does not come up with anything. “Just continue being yourself, I guess. Godspeed.” Finally, he addresses the maknae, “Jungkookie. You’re so talented. Could you give me some of your talent? Also, while you’re at it, give me some of your height too. On second thoughts, you can give that to the YoonMin couple.” A series of chuckles and toppling of the camera follows and the scene changes to the next.

 

 

“Namjoon ah,” the same voice speaks and Namjoon looks up from his table. The two of them are at a café, discussing about their next project. “Hmm?” Namjoon asks and waves at the camera. “You’ve been working too hard recently. Is there anything you’d like the members to do for you? Your birthday is also coming up, so make a wish on camera.”

Namjoon chuckles winsomely. “This hyung,” he says. “I’m not overworking. I’m just a little immersed. But if you’re talking about birthday wishes, Jin hyung. If it’s not too much, could you make seaweed soup for everyone? I like that a lot and the jjo ssam that we ate on our first year anniversary. As for my other wishes I just hope that we’ll continue doing our best and have fun along the way.”

“You sound like a grandfather,” Yoongi comments from behind the camera. Namjoon looks at the handler. “You’re one to talk.”

 

 

The scene changes once again and the camera is trained on the baby fat filled beagle with the greatest body. They are in their room and Yoongi seems to be annoying him with the camera his face. “Hyuuung!” Jimin whines.

“Jiminnie,” the rapper calls out. “Yes?” Jimin looks into the camera and then at the holder of the device.

“Do aegyo.”

Jimin laughs shyly. “No way. It’s weird!”

“For me, do it for me!”

Jimin rolls his eyes. “This is not leaving the room, got it hyung?” he says and the camera nods. And he does one of the most adorable aegyo that anyone has ever seen. “This is so embarrassing,” Jimin hides his face with his hands. Yoongi simply chuckles and pries the hands away from his lover’s beautiful face. “It looked so cute, Jimin ah.”

 

 

The scene changes once more and this time, the camera is focused on their alien, doodling something under his table lamp.

“V ssi?” the camera man calls out and the brown haired alien turns towards the camera. “What are you doing hyung?” Taehyung asks, fixing his hair a little. He appears a little conscious to be caught without the make-up and glam of the coordinator noonas.

“I’m filming you,” Yoongi speaks and Taehyung grins adorably.

“What are you doing?” Yoongi asks back and Taehyung proudly presents his masterpiece. All the camera (and the six boys who are currently watching the video) sees is seven poorly drawn stickmen, joined at what could be termed as hands.

“Is that us?” Suga asks, clearly hiding the amusement. But his voice was failing miserably. “Yes,” Taehyung replies proudly. The members each have distinct features about them and the camera and the viewers can make out who’s who, despite the horrible doodling.

“This is me,” he says, pointing at the figure which has weird antennas on its head. Yeah, no kidding. “Then you,” he moves on to the next one. The figure has a microphone in its right hand and the left is lifted up so high that is disproportionate in comparison with the other. “This is Jin hyung,” Taehyung says and points at the figure holding what appeared to be a knife. He moves to the next one. “Kookie,” he says, pointing at the figure which has a crown on its head.

“Why does he have a crown?” the voice of the camera asks. “Because he is the golden maknae,” Taehyung grins proudly. And if Suga didn’t understand that, he didn’t ask any more questions regarding that. “Okaaay,” he simply says and moves on.

“Rap Mon hyung has a weird hairstyle,” Taehyung says, pointing at the person with the weird spikes in its head. “But it suits him,” Suga concludes, trying his best not to laugh behind the camera. “He looks really cool,” Taehyung agrees.

“And that’s Jimin?” Yoongi points with his long fingers at the figure with the three weird sticks sticking out of its abdomen. Taehyung nods his head. “That’s your best friend and boyfriend. And finally,” he says, pointing at the last figure at the end. “Hobie hyung.” Yup, the one with the weird smile (which reached the eyes) was definitely J-Hope. Who would miss that?

“That’s a real piece of work,” Suga concludes their session and V bows a little to show his gratitude. “Kookie taught me how to draw. Is it becoming as good as his?”

“Uh,” Yoongi replies from behind the camera and slowly moves back. “It hasn’t reached that level but you’re improving,” he laughs.

 

 

 

The scene changes and the maknae appears on the screen. He is seated against a window and is in the midst of scavenging through a box of chocolates which he had received from one of the make-up noonas. It was her birthday so she had decided to give everyone a box of chocolates.

“Maknae!” The camera calls and the golden boy turns towards it. He gives off his signature toothy grin and bows before the camera.

“What are you doing?” the voice asks. Jungkook sniffles a little and rubs his nose lightly; a habit which he has still now. “I’m eating the chocolates noona gave. You want some hyung?” he replies. The camera turns from side to side. “I have mine. Thanks.”

“I have a question,” the camera man asks. Jungkook nods, ready for the question.

“You meet a genie and you get three wishes. What would it be?”

“Three wishes?” Jungkook confirms, pinching the bridge of his nose. The camera nods. “Three wishes.”

Jungkook gives an airy chuckle, and answers. “First wish, for bangtan to succeed in everything we do. Second, for me and everyone else to work harder.” The camera nods. “And?”

The maknae stars a little shyly at the camera. “And third. For Yoongi hyung to get better quickly so that Jimin hyung and all of us will have a big party.”

The holder of the device laughs. “You’d waste your wish on me?” he asks. Jungkook nods innocently. “It’s not a waste.”

“Oh,” Yoongi speaks, “Thank you maknae ah.” Jungkook merely grins again, his eyes disappearing into crescents.

 

 

 

Halfway through the video, Jungkook makes a comment about not being able to find the fair skinned rapper on screen that often. Hoseok smiles sadly, patting the maknae’s head. “Mmm,” he simply agrees.

Jimin himself doesn’t understand why his hyung always preferred being behind the camera. But those were those little differences that he overlooked and was willing to overlook to be with the rapper.

 

 

As the video faded to black, Hoseok and Jin wipe their wet eyes. Even Jungkook and Taehyung are not far from joining their hyungs in the sea of tears. Only then does Jimin realize that the others also missed the amusing and entertaining (yet strangely lazy) Min Suga. Watching the videos has made him a little fuzzy and he doesn’t think that he likes it. It’s bringing up weird feelings of emptiness and longing. His heart begins to ache a little more than usual and he knows that he misses his hyung terribly.

He wants to break down in tears and call for Yoongi’s name. He wants to curl up in Yoongi’s arms once again and talk the whole night about how they were going to be if their term of contract came to an end.

“After our third anniversary,” Yoongi used to say, referring to his and Jimin’s anniversary, “We’ll release to the ARMY that we’re together. They’ll be happy for us.”

 

Recalling this very scene, Jimin’s eyes and nose sting even more. Why couldn’t he make it to their third anniversary? Deciding that he needed to take a breather, Jimin bites his lips and stands up. He wouldn’t let the tears fall. He promised himself that.

However, as he is about to make his way out, the alien, points at the screen and announces in his deep voice. “Its Yoongi hyung!” the excitement in his voice is equivalent to the surprise.

Jungkook smiles sadly, trying to lighten the mood a little. “We found him.”

 

 

A dark hand adjusts the camera lens and sets the focus to the distance. Yoongi soon appears on the screen and walks back carefully, sitting down right in front of the camera, and checks if his face is proportionate with the setting of the screen. Satisfied with the result, he lets out a cheeky laugh.

“Jiminnie?”

Jimin looks back and he feels his heart jump rapidly. He swears it almost leaps right out of his chest. It is Yoongi, he sees very clearly, despite his tearing eyes.

Jimin almost replies to his name being called but he stops himself. It’s just a video, Jimin, he forces himself. Yoongi hyung is gone. He sits back down again immediately and his full focus attending to the video being played on the screen for everyone to see.

 

 

“Hi rascal,” Yoongi looks straight into the camera and Jimin almost believes that he is looking at him like he used to. “You’re probably worried sick about me, aren’t you?” he asks and his laughs recede to a warm smile.

“Well, I’m asking you not to. Look, from what I see, you’re wasting your energy. Let’s be optimistic here. My illness was found at an early stage and the doctors said that it was ninety percent curable, right? Well, there you go. Just have faith in me and those weird treatments I’m taking. I’ll make it. Just you see.”

 

Jimin covers his mouth and the tears are falling free now. But why didn’t you make it, hyung? His whole body hurts and he wants to be alone or with Yoongi.

 

The atmosphere in the video turns a little sad. But Yoongi continues to speak. “So you shouldn’t worry, okay?” He says. Then he brightens up and claps his hands once. “Anyway, I made this video for one sole purpose and that’s this. I wanted to thank you for everything. Park Jimin, you are my best friend. You know of my moods, my laziness, my nagging, my complaining, my inflexibility and yet, you still put up with me. And for that, I love you and I am eternally grateful. I am amazed at how much trouble I put you through. I am the hyung by age but most times, you take the role of being the hyung when you’re with me. You make me feel so special and once again, I have nothing to say but that I am really thankful.

“Park Jimin, when I first saw you, I immediately fell in love with you because you were perfect. You had the looks, the talent and the hard work. Your voice was beyond compare and that little eye smile you do still makes me flip. But as the time passed, I saw that you were not as perfect as I thought. And it made me fall in love with you more.”

 

 

Jimin muffles out a choke. His sobbing is now obvious but no one says a thing.

 

“I’m not good with words, Jiminnie. And the added disadvantage of you making me so nervous cuts off my very knowledge of words but let me tell you this. I love you. Even though it’s simple and overly used, I love you.”

 

Namjoon puts his hands around the crying male who is covering his mouth, trying his best not to cry out loud. He pulls him down to his shoulder and lets the dancer cry to his heart’s content. He knows, as a leader, that Jimin did not grieve adequately. He pushed himself too hard as usual and pushed down the feelings.

Jimin doesn’t look at the screen any longer because another second of seeing Yoongi would only break his heart even more. He nuzzles deeper into the leader’s body, trying to block out his vision. But the video continues playing and he continues to hear his voice through the speakers.

“I love you so much Jiminnie. And when I recover from this bloody illness of mine, I promise you, we’re going on a break. During which, we’ll have so much fun. And after that, I promise, I’ll make you fall in love with me so hard that it becomes impossible for you to leave me.” At this, he gives a small chuckle. “Like you have made me.”

Jimin bites his lips even harder. Yoongi didn’t need to do anything. Just being him was enough for the clueless baby to fall in an endless love with him.

 

“And that’s why, Park Jimin,” Yoongi smiles handsomely, eyes vanishing from his face (a feature which Jimin loved to death). “Don’t ever lose hope, alright? I’ll make it through this. We’ll make it through this together. Okay?”

He lifts his two clenched hands and expresses the clichéd “fighting” sign. “Saranghaeyo, Jimin,” he says finally and waves at the camera before walking up to it and switching it off finally.

 

 

 

A/N:

It isn't as angsty as i thought it would be but I'm quite satisfied with it. Thanks for reading...

 

HappyTaehyungDay! We love you Alien!

Indefinitely,

TypicalFangirl09