One

MarkBum, anyone?

"Let's get closer. I can't hear what they say."

 I roll my eyes. Before I could even reply, he's gone from my side. Looking around, I see him tiptoeing his way to the couple, trying to be as discreet as he could. I follow behind him.  We've been following the young couple for a few hours now, and the weather is not having his mercy on us. I can feel beads of sweat rolling down my neck. If only I knew we're going to be outside like this, I would've chosen a thinner shirt.  

To be honest, I don't even know why we have to hide behind this bush when we've already been busted the moment we got out of our apartment. I've actually made contact with out target when I went to pee and I told him that his brother has planned to spy on him for his whole date. Surprisingly, he was totally cool with it.

Weird brothers.  

I really want to tell this self-taught spy next to me that his younger brother has known about us, but it's amusing for me to see him so worked up and focused on the task at hand. He thinks he's a ninja, huh?  

"What are you doing? You're supposed to look at them and see if they're doing something wrong. Get your lazy off the ground now."   Just as I'm about to get up, he dives into my lap causing me to lose balance and hit my on the ground. Damn, that hurts!  

"What the hell, man?! Get off me." Instead of getting up, he pulls my head down. And now my whole body hurts.  

"Shh. Keep your head down. I think I saw him looking this way. We can't get caught!"  

I remove him from my lap. "Why are we following them, anyway? It’s not like he hasn't been on a date before."  

"I know. But there's nothing to do at home. I'm bored." He grins. He ing grins.  

He drags me into this just because he's bored?  

I get up quietly, brushing my behind off any dirt and starts walking away. I could hear him scampering to his feet and runs to catch up with me but I quicken my pace. Thank Lord for these long legs.  

"Mark, wait up! Where are you going? Hey!"  

Damn bastard dragging me around for his spy game just because he's bored. I could've done lots of things with all the time I spent playing ninja with him.  

He catches up to me, huffing and puffing for air.

"Hey, come on man. I'm sorry."  

"Go away, Jaebum. Play ninja all you want. I'm going home."  

He ends up following me home. I ignore him all the way, and once we get to our apartment I slam my bedroom door in his face, not letting him say any word. Truthfully, I'm not even the slightest bit mad at him. But I know by now he'd think that I'm mad and he needs to make it up to me.

That, my dear friends, is the best part.  

Im Jaebum is a very proud man. He would never apologize, unless he's in the wrong. He would never beg, even if his life depends on it. He would fight back, no matter who the opponent is. He is very much like a lion - sharp eyes, keen senses, rational judgment - all in all a very strong soul.

The first time I met him, I couldn't even bear to look at him in the eyes. I was a transfer student, getting in the university in my second year. With whatever luck I have with me, I was assigned to be his roommate. Being a shy and quiet person myself, we spent the first few days being awkward and neither of us talked unless necessary. It wasn't until one time I was feeling really homesick that I couldn't sleep at all. I guess I was creating a lot of noise that Jaebum, a heavy sleeper who slept through two fire alarms, woke up to my tossing and turning. I didn't even realized it until I felt the mattress dipped and a warm body laid itself behind me, with a sleep-laden low voice whispering 'It's fine, I'm here.' Somehow, we made it to dreamland with my back facing his chest and his arm securely wrapped around my torso. (The next morning was excruciatingly awkward with us waking up to be in each other's embrace. Jaebum was blushing like mad and dashed to the bathroom, when I finally realized that he can be so cute sometimes.)

Our relationship got better after that, and he started to introduce me to his friends. A year later, his brother enrolled in our university and being a good (over-protective) brother, Jaebum offered (forced) his brother to stay with us. I don't really mind it since Youngjae is a cool kid. He might look a bit air-headed, but somehow I know that behind his obliviousness, he knows everything and anything. He makes it seem as though Jaebum is controlling his life, but in all actuality he is the one who got Jaebum all wrapped in his hand.

Creepy.

Anyhow, since we started living together, Jaebum voluntarily takes up the role of the man of the house, acting like the big brother (although technically I'm older than him by a few months). That's fine by me, but it made me realize how strong Jaebum's character really is. He is, for a lack of better word, an old man trapped in a youth's body. The way he thinks, the way he acts, the way he punishes Youngjae and I when we broke a rule (yes, we have rules and yes, I got punished too), the way he stands by his principles. He might look like a good leader among his friends, but when he's home with us, he's nothing but a grandfather to us.

Which he got teased a lot for, by Youngjae.

And occasionally me.

He’s like a ticking time-bomb - you’d never know when he’d blow up. I've seen him got mad before, and it wasn't a good sight.

Shivers.

Seriously, you wouldn't want to get on his bad sides.

He's the direct opposite of me. I rarely get mad, thinking that it would only waste my time and energy to get worked up over something trivial. I usually would just shrug it off and move on with my life, or if things are getting out of hand I would lock myself from the whole world until I sort everything out, which confuses the hell out of Jaebum since he couldn't really understand my way of dealing with anger and stress.

For him, Mark's silence is anger.

There's one time when he had forgotten to pick me up at the airport because he was sleeping and his phone was turned off that I couldn’t reach him. I ended up having to haul 2 large suitcases in a bus all the way home. When I reached home, I was so tired that I didn’t even greet him and went straight to my room. 3 hours later, I woke up to the smell of food and sure enough, he had bought a lot of food that could feed the whole army. To this day he didn’t know that I wasn't angry that he didn't pick me up. I was just sleep deprived.

And that's what I'm gonna use now to get him do what I want.