Final

Where It Begins

Yey, I'm finally done. I've promised that I'll be posting this one-shot today so here it is. Belated merry Christmas? Hehe. Happy holidays!

Not sure if fluff or tease or cheese

 

 

 

 

 

“Joy!”

“Yes, unnie?”

“Could you get the stapler for me?”

“Sure, I’ll get it.”

“Thanks.”

“Seulgi!”

“Yes, boss?”

“Is everything doing fine there? The table’s all set?”

“You’re about a minute late with checking on me. It’s all done.”

“Good.”

“Wendy!”

“…”

“Wan-ah!”

“…”

Seeing as the girl being called won’t be responding anytime soon, the busy leader makes her way from the living room to the kitchen. There she sees the girl she’s been calling on for quite some time dozing off on the kitchen counter with her palm supporting her cheek.

Irene could’ve been agitated by it but seeing the girl, who’s already close to sleeping right in front of her, melted the ice within her.

She slowly makes her way up front, cups her cheeks with both of her hands and stares right through the dozing girl with only a few centimeters to spare.

She stares. Stares. And stares more.

Heck, she can stare at the perfection that is Son Seungwan for a lifetime and she won’t even complain about it.

But this so-called perfection just had to open her eyes and catch the leader in the act of melting her very existence.

Wendy stares back with half-lidded eyes while her lips curve into a smile.

“Hey, beautiful. Nice view you have there, huh?”

Irene decides to play along.

“Could have been perfect except for the drool-”

She bursts out laughing as Wendy hysterically wipes at her face for the non-existent drool.

“I was just kidding, Wan-ah.”

Wendy finally realizes that it was all just a sick joke. She slumps right back into her position and meets the still laughing girl in the eye.

“Ha ha.”

“What? You looked funny.”

“I’m glad I’ve entertained you, milady.”

“But that’s never enough.”

“I can always drool on your face.”

Irene looks at Wendy with disgust.

“And you call yourself romantic.”

“Seulgi’s the one with the narcissistic side, not me.”

They both hear a rustle (more like a squeak) near the kitchen’s opening but Wendy never bothers to look at what it is. In Irene’s case, she looks at where the noise is coming from and sees nothing.

“Strange. I thought-” She turns around and finds Wendy’s face so close with hers that the tip of her nose is rubbing gently against the latter.

“Boo.” Wendy’s sultry voice, minty breath and attractive eyes invade her senses.

“I haven’t got the chance to kiss you this morning,” Wendy trails her lips up Irene’s right cheek.

“This afternoon,” She leaves a kiss on Irene’s right eyebrow.

“But maybe,” She playfully tugs on Irene’s earlobe with her teeth.

“I’ll grab the chance to do it now.”

Irene didn’t know how it happened but she feels Wendy’s lips lightly brushing against hers and she wonders if she can still last longer when her other half is being this… convincing.

“Do it.” Irene says; but it came more like a request than a demand.

Wendy thumbs the tiny space between Irene’s nose and upper lip.

“Should I?”

Irene feels her breath hitching as Wendy’s thumb brushes along her lower lip.

“What’s stopping you?”

“Knowing that we’re not alone…?” Wendy continues with her action.

“Then stop doing this to me. You’re driving me insane.”

“What if I don’t want to?”

Wendy teases, and Irene seizes.

“I’ll bite you, Seungwan.”

“I’m not the type to stop you from doing what you want, Joohyun.”

“Goddammit, just kiss me already.” Irene boldly makes her move and inches her lips closer.

“I’m a genie in a bottle, and you just rubbed me the right way.”

And so Wendy does what Irene (both of them actually) has been longing for since their busy morning have started.

She latches onto Irene’s lower lip for a moment.

She kisses her gently, fully, slowly but surely.

Air only became a necessity after the mind blowing kiss.

Wendy cups Irene’s cheeks and caresses them,

“Merry Christmas, tease.”

Irene reaches out for Wendy’s eyebrows with her thumb,

“I love your furry eyebrows.”

“Sometimes, I don’t get you and your weird es. But hey, aren’t you going to greet me too?” Wendy pouts.

And Irene thinks, Oh that pout.

“Move aside, then.”

Irene makes her way to the other side of the counter and greets Wendy with a smile.

“I don’t like that smile of yours. It only means trouble.”

“I just need a favor, that’s all.” Irene plays with her fingers.

Wendy sighs, “Fine. What is it?”

“Lift me.” Irene points on the countertop with her lips.

“What are you-”

“Just do it.”

Wendy always does everything Irene’s asks of her, and this one’s no exception.

Wendy lifts her up with fine grace.

“Happy?”

“More than happy.”

“Are you planning on greeting me now?” Wendy places her hands on Irene’s lap, but Irene encircles them around her waist instead.

Irene disentangles Wendy’s left arm from her waist and rubs on her pulse point, knowing that it’s one of the girl’s soft spots.

She brings the girl’s wrist up to her lips and kisses it, “Merry Christmas, Wan-ah.”

A kiss from Irene makes the butterflies inside Wendy’s stomach all jittery, it makes her feel warm and fuzzy, and most of all, it makes her feel that she’s truly loved.

They both know that they have a lot to tell about each other.

How grateful they are, their concerns, worries… but sometimes, actions are enough to convey what words won’t be able to tell.

That always works for them and they’ve both decided to keep it that way.

Wendy leans on Irene’s chest.

Knowing that her heart isn’t the only one that’s beating as fast as the blink of an eye’s good enough.

Knowing that Irene’s going to be by her side no matter what is better.

And knowing that Irene loves her too is the best.

 

 

 

 

 

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

 

 

 

“Unnie! You almost disrupted their alone time with your screechy squeak! We don’t want an angry cabbage, do we?”

“I’m sorry, okay? It’s because of your gigantic foot.” Seulgi sticks her tongue out.

“Well, excuse your humongous ears.” Joy kicks back.

Seulgi scoffs, “Why this kid-”

“Wait. What did Irene unnie need this stapler for again…?”

Something falls from the ceiling in between the two bickering girls.

They both look at it in pure amusement.

A mistletoe.

“Great. Just great.” Seulgi mutters to herself.

“Does that mean I- we have to kiss?” Joy asks.

“I don’t kn-”

But before Seulgi could even finish her sentence, she feels soft lips pressed against hers.

Joy pulls out seconds later and scampers to her room, “Merry Christmas, girlfriend!”

Seulgi was left on her spot for quite some time, reflecting about her life choices when someone tapped her from behind.

“Seulgi, you okay?”

It was Wendy with Irene in tow.

“Don’t you ever think of playing Justin Bieber’s Mistletoe.”

Wendy and Irene look at the bear weirdly.

“Just don’t.”

 

 

 

 

 

~

To be clear about Seulgi's last line, she ain't mad about Joy or anything. In fact, she wanted the kiss to last longer but that's another story. Haha. JoyGi in the end is <3 Hihi. WenRene. WenRene. WenRene. :3 I had no plot for this, just the thought that it would be nice to write something this Christmas. I wasn't really supposed to post a one-shot again (not until I've updated Something) but I'm having a hard time with it so I'm actually taking all the time I can to make it good, if possible. This one-shot's more of a compensation for it. Haha. Not as long as my usual ones but I had fun writing this one, I hope you had fun reading it too. Keeping this A/N as short as possible (lol)

Keeping these ships alive because Super Rookie perf- *sobs* (tho I like the pairs, ex: WenHyun, themselves hehe) but the amount of WenRene moments during SBS gayo daejun's no joke. ;---)

Comments, feedbacks, violent reactions are all welcome~ Drop one by on the comments section below (;

Happy holidays~ As Acee have said it, "LET OUR SHIPS SAIL" ㅋㅋㅋㅋ

 

~ XOXO

mistletoe tho why is it plastered on the ceiling when Bae's so tiny mehehe *runs*