Final.

It's a Small World

Luhan hurriedly grabbed his wallet and ran across his small Seoul apartment. He skidded to a stop in front of a full length mirror by the door. Today was his interview with the CEO of a famous news company he wished to write for, and he had to look sharp.

 

Suit?

 

Check

 

Briefcase?

 

Check

 

Styled hair?

 

Check

 

Watch?

 

Che-oh ! I’m going to miss the metro train!

 

Luhan peeled himself away from his mirror and ran out the door, making sure to lock it behind him.

 

Luckily, the metro station was only a block away from his apartment complex. He reached the large station and ran down the escalator in a hurry. Confused tourists stood in his path, and usually he wouldn’t mind them. But today he pushed them out of his way while shouting sorry over his shoulder.

 

Luhan finally reached the area to verify his ticket and slid easily through the turnstiles. Thank god for prepaid metro cards.

 

The train was quickly approaching a few meters away. Luhan picked up his pace and began racing towards it. There was no way in hell he was going to be late for the most important interview of his life.

 

The train came to a screeching stop and people began piling into it. Luhan sighed in relief as his feet finally hit the floor of the train. He made it.

 

The only problem was that the metro was packed full. Luhan always had problems with claustrophobia, but he willed his anxiety to decrease. He found a handlebar hanging on the train ceiling and tightly held onto it. Only three stops until his; he can do this.

 

Luhan closed his eyes and went over what he was going to say once the interview began. He had been practicing with his best friend, Baekhyun, for the past week.

 

Suddenly the train braked as it neared the next stop. Luhan’s fingers slipped through the handle and he landed on a stranger with a thud. Their eyes widened at the surprise of Luhan’s fall.

 

People hurriedly got off the train which left no room for Luhan to move off of the stranger’s lap as the hoard pushed forwards.

 

Luhan blushed when he realized just how attractive the man was. He had beautiful blond locks and deep chocolate eyes. His black suit accentuated all the things that needed to be. Not to mention his cute lips.

 

The man coughed which snapped Luhan out of his trance. The seat beside the man was no longer occupied, so he slid off of his warm lap onto the cold metal.

 

“Um, ah, sorry about that. I lost my grip when the train stopped.”

 

All of a sudden the man looked intimidating with his seemingly annoyed face and strong eyebrows. Those eyebrows could kill.

 

The tension between them dissipated when the man laughed long and loud.

 

“Don’t worry about it! I’m sure you’re not the first person to lose their balance.”

 

The train came to another stop, but this time Luhan managed to keep his body from flying onto the poor man again.

 

He stood up and waved as he exited the train. Luhan wished he had the courage to ask him for his number. Or fate to be on his side and made his stop be the same as Luhan’s. The man was really attractive, after all.

 

Luhan sighed and began to mentally prepare himself once again.

 

He had exactly three minutes until the interview started and he wasn’t even past the reception desk yet.

 

“Yes, I have an interview with Mr. Wu Yifan?”

 

“Well, sir, I don’t know what to tell you. You’re not on my appointment list.” a small man with heart shaped lips and big eyes snapped.

 

“Pleasepleaseplease. You can’t do this to me now! My interview starts in three minutes.”

 

The man was about to speak again, but closed his mouth when a handsome, tanned man walked into the reception area.

 

“Kyungsoo, are you harassing people again?” he asked.

 

“No, Nini. His name isn’t on the list, so I can’t let him through. It’s the rules.” Kyungsoo explained.

 

Luhan took notice of how the man’s aura changed completely when “Nini” approached him. He normally would be interested and amused but now was not the time.

 

“How many people try to sneak in here though? We’ve had, what? All of four people in the past three years? Let the poor soul in Mr. Wu’s office.”

 

Kyungsoo rolled his eyes and gestured towards the elevator while shouting which floor to go to. Luhan bowed at them both quickly than rushed towards the elevator while checking his watch. He had two minutes.

 

He pressed on the button to the 5th floor and impatiently tapped his feet. The door opened with a ding and Luhan finally found himself in the hallway that led to Mr. Wu’s office.

 

On the third door to the right he found a door with a plaque that read, “Wu Yifan, CEO”

 

Luhan calmed his breathing and knocked on the threatening door. These next few moments could change the whole course of his life.

 

He anxiously waited for the door to open, but no one ever came. He tried a few more times until he knew for sure that no one was on the other side.

Luhan pulled out his phone from his briefcase and began to play an intense game of Angry Birds. He laughed to himself as he thought that the man on the metro resembled the birds.

 

Minutes passed and the CEO still didn’t show. Better him be late than me, Luhan thought.

 

Finally the elevator doors opened and Luhan looked up from his phone. The device hit the ground as he saw who the man was. No way. He must be going to another door.

 

He bent over to pick up his phone and prayed to all the gods that metro guy wasn’t the CEO.

 

“Oh, it’s you again. Are you the guy I’m interviewing this morning? Sorry I’m late, I grabbed some coffee.”

 

.

 

“I sat on your lap,” Luhan whispered matter of factly.

 

Mr. Wu laughed and slapped him on the shoulder with his free hand.

 

“That you did. I hope you enjoyed it just as much as I did.”

 

Luhan gulped and followed the tall CEO into his office and awkwardly stood and waited for further instruction.

 

“Take a seat! Don’t look like such a deer in the headlights. I’m not going to think of you differently because you fell on me. It’s not a big deal, alright?”

 

Relief swarmed through Luhan and he relaxed into the comfortable chair in front of Mr. Wu’s desk.

 

Luhan held out his hand and shook the CEO’s large ones. Damn, what the did his parents feed him for his hands to grow so large?

 

“I’m Luhan, thank you so much, Mr. Wu for taking the time to see me!”

 

“Nice to meet you, Luhan! And of course, we need a talented new writer immediately. Oh, call me Yifan. I don’t like all the formalities; I try to keep it casual.”

 

Luhan was liking Yifan more and more by the second. He was so charming. The interview went smoothly and just how Luhan practiced it to be. Yifan was even extremely impressed by his writing portfolio.

 

“You’ve got the job!” Yifan excitedly announced.

 

Luhan opened and closed his mouth a few times in order to let the news process. Shouldn't he at least consider his options for a few days? Review his resume? Either way, Luhan definitely wasn’t going to argue.

 

“Thank you so much, Yifan! I promise you won’t regret this!”

 

Luhan forgot all of his common sense as he flew out of his chair and wrapped the CEO into his arms while he chanted thank you.

 

“Do you want to grab some lunch to celebrate? Maybe afterwards you can sit on my lap again, cutie.”


Yifan left the room and headed towards the elevator. Luhan stood there with a blush on his cheeks and a thumping heart. He hoped that the interview would give him more than just a new job.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

AN:

Merry Christmas my sweet Stef bby! I hope you enjoyed this! I know your feels for CEO Yifan, so I decided to use that against you hohoho. Anyways, I love you and I'm sorry all I could give you was a fanfic. You give me so much more just by talking to me and being your majestic self. I lovelovelovelovelove you <3333 I hope all your wishes come true this Christmas and the upcoming year.