Final

Because We Care

Jiho ground the heel of his foot onto the ground, squirming awkwardly in his seat. Two minutes they have been sitting here, but not once has Jaehyo met his gaze. He's either glancing outside or constantly checking his phone, flipping through his apps. As the leader of Block B, Jiho has taken up the responsibility of making sure nothings wrong with his bamdmates, physically, emotionally and mentally. He has been referred to as the Umma of their group, of course behind closed doors. What would the fans say if they found out B Bomb had the cousiousness of a five year old, but still kept his cool on the most part. Jiho often wakes them in the morning, having to put up with Kyung's whining that consisted mostly of, ''Five more minutes,'' and ''Have mercy on my poor aching soul,'' To which Yukwon would grumble across the room, ''What soul?'' The rapper would promply throw his shoe with frightening force. Jiho cooks and cleans the dorm-well, not so much cooking as cleaning, Jiho can't cook for . Taeil kicked his out of the kitchen and banned him from using the toaster. How was he supposed to know it was going to catch on fire? Jiho shook his head as he remembered the teasing laughs of their greasy cucumber and evil maknae, Minhyuk having to fight off a smile from his face.

When he glances up again Jaehyo has taken to staring down at the phone in his hands, fiddling with the on and off button. Jiho's narrows eyes narrow even further, raising an eyebrow at the other's behavior. The blonde leader purses his lips, interwines his fingers and rests them on the table infront of them. They had settled with going to a cafee a little ways from their dorm, a small, but awkward walk in between. Jiho never really paid any special attention to Jaehyo, he's never felt the need to. He respects and cares for all his band mates alike, it's all the same. That is, until a few weeks ago. It had been another normal studio session for a few moderations Jiho wanted to make for their comeback, and so, he had called in all the members. Minhyuk and Yukwon had been in their dance practice room, brushing up on a few moves, Taeil had been off in a record store or something of the like, Jiho doesn't remember. Jihoon was shopping with EXO'S Baekhyun, which kind of startled the blonde and Kyung was out having an escapade with Got7's Jackson and BamBam. How they know eachother? He doesn't have a clue. Jaehyo however, was back at the dorm doing who knows what, but it was unusaul. The awkward tall brunette has never been a social butterfly, but he's nowhere near a loner. Nevertheless, they had all met up at the studio, where Jiho had been spinning around in his chair, but nearly toppled over when Kyung suddenly slammed the door open. The metal door bounced off the wall and shut in the rappers face before he could even step foot inside. Jiho slowly rose an eyebrow and after a moment of silence, Kyung opened the door like a normal person and threw himself on the leather couch, an arm over his eyes. Jiho rolled his eyes and watched as the rest of the memberes filed in. Once settled into the room, they each took their turn in the booth, with Kyung bumping into the equipment only twice.

Once it was Jaehyo's turn, things kinda went downhill. He entered the booth slowly, with his hands wringing in front of him. He visibly swallowed and gave Jiho a nod followed by slipping the headphones over his ears. The leader smiled in return and started the track with a flick of the wrist. The first few verses went without a hitch, the brunetts's fingers clutching the equipment over his head while Jiho nodded his head to the beat he created, switching a few things here and there. Jaehyo then stumbled over the chorus, missing time by a few seconds. He cursed while Kyung snorted somewhere behind the glass, to which Yukwon retaliated by stabbing two fingers into the greaser's stomach, leaving him sputtering. Jihoon stiffled a laugh, but choked when Minhyuk shot him a look that held the wrath of a thousand burning suns. Jaehyo exhaled, staring down at his shoes and muttered an apology before asking for a do over. Jiho on his teeth and was about to restart when Taeil suddenly walked past him and paused it along with turning off the microphone inside the booth. The blond stared at Taeil with his eyebrows raised but the other ignored him and walked in. The short vocalist rested a hand on Jaehyo's shoulder and squeezed, well thats all Jiho could really see. Taeil touched the taller boy's diaphram and made movements with his hands, giving him a lesson? Jaehyo nodded and looked at his hyung with tired, but attentive eyes. When the vocalist exited the booth, their session concluded with a loud clap from the maknae which earned him a shove on the shoulder by Kyung.

From then on Jiho noticed these subltle hints, slowly, but surely. Another scence that suddenly flashed behind his eyelids occured only a few days ago, when Jaehyo finally snapped. They had come home from a harsh dancing lesson, all of them aching to the marrow of their bones. As soon as Jiho unlocked the door, they stampeded into the dorm like a hord of animals, all except Jaehyo. Jiho's eyes trailed on the vocalist as he trudged through the door and all but threw himself on the couch next to their smile reprisentitive. He slowly closed the door and took a waterbottle from the fridge and sat on the love seat, nearly shoving Jihoon off. There was a moment of pure relaxation until a familiar snickering rang through the air. Jiho groaned loudly and buried his face into the crook of Jihoon's neck, but immediatly shot away at the stickyness of the other's skin. His face contorted in disgust, but cauciously paid attention to the annoying prick that is Park Kyung. The rapper had taken to tease Jaehyo, smiling with the apples of his cheeks. He prodded a finger on Jaehyo's face.

''So....I was listening to our albums and...you don't have many parts.'' He grinned from ear to ear. Taeil immediatly spoke up with a slight glare, ''Kyung.'' Kyung rolled his eyes with a flick of his tounge. ''It's true though, don't tell me you haven't noticed?'' Jiho was ready to stop his fooling around when he was suddenly brought into the conversation, ''What do you have against Jaehyo-hyung, Jiho-ya?'' All eyes turned to Jiho and he swallowed, ''Aish, stop it Kyung.'' The rapper brought a finger to Jaehyo's face again and smiled, ''It's true~'' When he poked Jaehyo's face, he suddenly slapped Kyung's hand away and shoved the short rapper before stomping off to his shared room and slamming the door shut hard enough to rattle the windows. Kyung, who was suprised at the sudden push, stumbled back and held onto the arm of the chair Minhyuk was in, who had his eyes wide in shock. Silence swept through the room, no one knowing what to do. They had decided to leave him be, and carried on with their night as if nothing happened. Jiho spotted Jaehyo leave his room for a much needed shower later the same night and caught sight of swollen eyes and pink glistening water tracks on his face, but he could've been wrong right? And so, Jiho headed to his own room, rolled Kyung off his bed and settled down, ignoring the groans of the greaser that was now on the floor.

Jiho was brought back to present time when the cafee's backround music changed to Block B's Movie's Over. The blond bit back a smile, it's still hard to believe it's his music being played around the world, his voice echoing in his ears. Jiho's moment of self pride was interrupted when he remembered the scene he had just found himself in more detail. Jaehyo had been viciously scolded and yelled at by the dance instrucor the night he snapped. He still remembers the way the elder's shoulders quaked with embarassment and probably even self loathing. He remembers the other's ashamed look with his head bowed, the way his back arched inward and how his hands shook while at his sides. Maybe that's why he was on edge.

The picture in his mind had Jiho sitting straighter in his seat and gazing at the other with a calculating stare. How long have they been there? Fifteen, twenty minutes with nothing but silence and Jiho's constant shifting. Jiho exhaled as softly as possible and opened his mouth, ready to cringe at his own words when all of a sudden Jihoon's thundering laugh startled him to his bones. Jaehyo calmly set down his phone, followed by Jiho snapping his head in the direction of said laugh. Jihoon strolled in, the rest of Block B trailing behind him. Jiho shook his head slightly. No, no, no, no. He's the leader, he's supposed to find a way to comfort Jaehyo. He sighed deeply and burried his face in his hands, palming at his closed eyelids. Not a fraction later, the familiar lithe form of Park Kyung latched onto his side, Yukwon jumping over the booth behind their's to squeeze in between Jiho and the window, earning a dissaproving look from the elder woman behind the counter and an elbow to the ribs from Jiho. Minhyuk gently took hold of Jaehyo's arm and guided him to stand before slipping in next to the window and pulling him to sit down again. Taeil immediatly plopped down on Jaehyo's other side, leaving Jihoon pouting with no where to sit. He tried to sit next to Taeil, but the vocalist hissed and shoved Pyo off his thigh and onto the floor. Kyung laughed obnoxiously in Jiho's ear, causing him to wince and shoot a glance across from him where Jaehyo was equally uncomfortable. The tall boy shifted in his seat, trying not to collide shoulders with Minhyuk or elbow Taeil on the chest.

Minhyuk cleared his throat and locked eyes with Jiho who was staring at him with a slightly confused expression on his face before turning to look at the boy next to him. ''Jaehyo,'' The brunette didn't move a muscle, ''we've seen what's going on with you for the past month.'' The dancer set a hand on Jaehyo's knee. ''And we want to know what's wrong.'' He contemplates for a bit before adding, ''-because we're worried.'' All eyes are locked on Jaehyo, who's looking down at the table. ''Nothings wrong-'' Jaehyo's cut off by Kyung's suprisingly serious voice, ''That's crap and you know it.'' Kyung stretches and arm across the table and takes Jaehyo's hand in his own, ''I'm really really sorry for making fun of your singing, I didn't mean it. Will you forgive me?'' The rapper uses both hands to cradle the elder's palm and rests his chin on the table with clouded eyes. ''I'm going to cry and none of us wanna see that.'' Jihoon scrunched up his face in mock disgust, ''Ew, hyung looks even uglier when he cries.'' Kyung shoots up in his seat, but doesnt let go of Jaehyo's hand. ''HEY. I am your elder, show some damn respect.'' He then proceded to stick his tounge out while swiveling his hips in his seat. Jiho scoots away, further squishing Yukwon against the window. The blond dancer lets out a wail of distress and clutches onto the table, ''Jesus fRICK I CAN'T BREATHE.'' Minhyuk stares alarmed at his friend's sudden outburst before smiling. Taeil tries to hide a laugh and Jaehyo has a moment to himelf for just a second.

He stares at them smiling and laughing, him not even being a part of the conversation. Minhyuk's grip on his knee tightens when the dancer tries to hold back laughter, but fails when Jiho swings his arm out to shove Kyung off his side. He stares at the hand on his knee for a bit and reflects. Jiho took him out here to confront him on his behavior, the brunette sneaks a glance at the blond leader who was now grunting at the force of Kyung's embrace, not because he has to, but because he cares. He looks at Minhyuk at his side and replays what he said, ''-because we're worried.'' he had said, he cares? He looks at the short vocalist to his right and remembers what he had said to him in the booth a few weeks back, ''Don't push yourself, it's okay to make mistakes.'' He laid a hand on his shoulder, ''I think you missed the beat because you had to take in a breath. Just sing from your diaphram-'' He set a hand on Jaehyo's abdomen. ''When you sing, try not to below out your voice,'' Taeil shot his hands out, ''Let your voice smoothly flow out, like a river.'' He swiftly trailed his hands in the air, motioning the stream of a river. He had been right, after taking in Taeil's pointers, Jaehyo finished his recording session seamlessly. So he cares too. Jaehyo looks across the table at Kyung, ''I'm really really sorry for making fun of your singing, I didn't mean it. Will you forgive me?'' He cares enough to apologise.

The loud maknae catches his attention and Jaehyo remember's the night when he snapped at Kyung. About an hour after storming out of the living room, Jihoon entered their shared bedroom and shuffled around the room before it went quiet. He asumed the younger had settled down to bed, but was scared out of his wits when the familiar deep voice sounded near him. Jihoon had kneeled down next to his bed, his arms cradeling his head. ''I'm sorry.'' The brunette was quiet for a bit before wiping at his eyes with his sleeve. ''For what?'' The maknae's shoulders shrugged lazily. ''I feel like I've done you wrong.'' Jaehyo rose an eyebrow at the boy's words. ''Like what?'' Jihoon stared at him for a bit before moving to rest his forhead on Jaehyo's thigh. The elder didn't know what to do, he sat frozen with his arms clamped to his sides. ''I'm sorry.'' Jihoon then stood up and walked into the bathroom across the hall to maybe shower. Jaehyo blinked, He cares.

Jaehyo remembers how Yukwon had comforted him backstage at their debut concert. Jaehyo stared at the croud, a sinking feeling in his stomach, because there's so many people. He wiped his hands on his pants and breathed in slowly before he jumped at the feeling of a hand wrapping around his arm. He spun around and met the eyes of his feline like bandmate. ''Heh, I can tell you're nervous.'' Jaehyo looked down, ''Well, who wouldnt be?'' ''You shouldn't be.'' Jaehyo shot him a confused look. Yukwon simply smiled his beautiful smile and patted him on the back, ''Your voice is amazing, you'll be okay. I promise.'' Jaehyo glances at the blond who was practically heaving as he was pushed harder against the window. Jaehyo is suddenly yanked forward, the table digging painfully into his stomach and he groans. Kyung had surged forward for another push against Jiho and Yukwon, but he had forgotton he was still holding onto Jaehyo's hand. Minhyuk looks at him with concern after sending a scorfull look at Kyung who shrinked back into his seat. The dancer laid a hand on his stomach and slightly rubbed, ''Are you okay?'' So many things are buzzing through Jaehyo's head, because oh my god they care. Jaehyo pushes away Minhyuk's hand and offers a small smile, ''I'm okay.'' Those simple words seemed to have broken the wall he built for the past month. Somehow, they all understood the double meaning and weight seemed to have lifted off their shoulders.

Because if Jaehyo's okay, everything's okay.