New World

Stand By You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Chapter 6 |   NEW WORLD

          “Hi! Good afternoo---- ugh”

          Every guy in the café was pleased and in awe at the customers who just got in, with their eyes sparkling and their mouths start to drool they stared at the three gorgeous female students and smiled brightly at them. Except for one though.

          “Hi Mino!” Joy cheerfully called, going to the counter.

          All heads turned to Mino, astonished and envious how he’s friends with them. They’re technically not friends, but to be greeted that enthusiastically and engage their selves in a conversation with him. How lucky is he in these guys’ eyes..

          “Why are you here? What do you want?” he asks coldly.

          Wendy smiles. “Coffee, of course!”

          “Stop joking around… There’s a starbucks two blocks away, you can easily walk it”

          “Apparently, Irene likes your blend better.  The last time I brought her your Iced Americano, she said it taste better than starbucks’s.” Wendy praised.

          “She likes my coffee huh” Mino snorted.

          “She doesn’t know it’s yours. If she did she would have been throwing up” Joy says. “But she’ll realize it later on as you make us coffees from now on”

          Is coffee making part of my services as a servant? He can’t believe it, he thought he’ll be just following her around like a bodyguard… now he’s somewhat like a butler?

          “What do you think servant means?” Seulgi asked sharply with the usual fierce stare, to which seem to attract the guy next to Mino.

          “Hi! I’m Seunghoon” He pushed Mino away to the side, standing up in front the cashier, his eyes glued at Seulgi.

          “Ya. What are you doing?” The other whispers, sensing that he’s gonna pull another of his tricks on getting girls numbers. “I know what you’re thinking. Don’t do that! They’re Red Velvet!”

          “Please. I got this! What’s so scary about them?” Seunghoon hisses then turns back to his customer. “What would you like to order?”

          “3 green tea frappes and Ice Americano” Seulgi says monotonously.

          Seunghoon  punched the orders and smiled widely. “Size?”

          “Venti”

          “All?”

          “Yes”

          “Extra whipped cream for the frappes?”

          “Yes”

          “Extra shot for Americano?”

          “No”

          “To go?”

          “Yes”

          “Your name?”

          “Seulgi”

          “Last name?”

          “Kang”

          “and your phone number?”

 

          In a swift, a baseball bat swung and was stopped at an inch away from his cheek. All the smiles from the audience all turned to horrified expressions, surprised to see that sudden scene. “What phone number?” she asked scarily.

          Seunghoon swallowed hard. “Uhm… total is 16,600 won, maam”

          Mino slaps his hand on his face. What did he tell him? Didn’t he warned how different Red Velvet are, he can’t just treat them as ordinary girls. They are scary.

          Seulgi’s stare was as fierce as always. It scared the crap out of Seunghoon, he was shaking and smiling awkwardly as she brings her bat down.

          While the other was busy taking care of the orders, Mino was left free to converse with Wendy, “So where will you be this vacation?” she asked.

          “To Seunghoon’s hometown, Busan. You?”

          Wendy raises her shoulders high. “Supposed to go road trip but Irene won’t be able to join us, so where’s the fun there?”

          “What’s the difference if she’s with you or not? That girl barely has any presence” Mino commented to which earned him a murderous glare from Irene’s best friends. “What? I can’t say she’s a , when it’s clearly the truth?”

          “You’re so lucky, Irene told us not to beat you” Joy says.

          Not to beat me? Why? Why did she ask them that?

          “Here are you orders!” Seunghoon announces vibrantly, giving them out their drinks.

          “Well we’ve got to go, see you when school resumes, Mino” Wendy says goodbye. “Nice to see you again, Seunghoon”

          Seunghoon was delighted he was acknowledged by her/them now, and even if Seulgi ignores and has the guts to threaten him, he doesn’t care. It felt like a cupid has hit his heart and he’s love struck.

          The tough chick stands before Mino before she leaves. “Count your blessings, man. Next time you harm Irene, I will cut you”

 

 

          In the living room of Mino’s home, Dana was watching while Mino’s lying on the sofa with a pillow covering his face, waiting patiently for Seunghoon to arrive. His mother, mama Ji is in the kitchen, washing the dishes after their delightful lunch, while his dad, Youngbae is still down at the gym, working out.

          “Aish seriously, you father is still not here. How can he spend so many hours in the gym when he’s supposed to relax with us?” their mother complained/

          It’s vacation and Chuseok night won’t come in 4 days time, but the government officials have declared a long holiday to give families some bonding time together. Now everyone’s at their homes, taking the time of their life.

          Mino took off the pillow from his face and his eyes checks on what’s showing on the television. It’s news.

          “Dana, what the hell is that, switch it to cartoons”

          “Cartoons? What are you? Five?” She didn’t change the channel instead she turned the volume up.

          “Who the hell cares the news about that company anyway, they’re all business and crap.”

          “Shut up!” She groaned but still concentrated on the TV, as if waiting for something to appear.

          “Is there a specific broadcast you’re waiting?” Their oldest brother, TOP, asks while tapping Mino’s leg to give him a spot to sit on. With beer in his hand he takes a sip.

          “Beer at noon?” Mino asks sceptically after seeing it.

          “Why? You want some?”

          Dana hisses, still not turning her eyes away from the screen. “Oppa must be a strong fighter but we all know he’s so weak when drinking. Even I can defeat him”

          “Mo? As if!”

          Suddenly, celebrity newsflash showed on screen, and it was about 2 guys getting praised in Japan, they aren’t specifically celebrities by profession, but it looks like they’re equally famous basing to how Dana leaps off her seat and became possessed. “KYAAAAA!!! TAEYONGGG!!! YUTAAAA!!!!”

          “Who?” the two oppas asked in chorus. Yuta’s name is actually quite familiar, he is a good soccer player and the youngest player in Korea’s national team, but Taeyong… they have no idea who he is.

          Dana sighs, she can’t believe how her brothers can be so ignorant, especially Mino who goes to the Elite University. “Taeyong is obviously handsome, and despite him being young, he’s the next in line CEO of Avda lands… he also does modelling! They both do, and they go to the same school as you, Mino oppa. Don’t you know?”

          “I don’t know. Haven’t seen them in school”

          “Of course not they’re in Japan for 5 months now” Dana gushes starign back at the screen as it shows 5 last seconds of their faces. “UWAAAA!!! Taeyong Oppa! Yuta oppa! When will you come back! Come back to Korea Jebal!!!!~~~ TT TT”

          Mino was clearly disgusted by her sister’s pathetic state and takes a pillow from his side and throws it at her hard. “MA!!!!!” his older sister cried out to their mom.

          “Mino!!!” Mama Ji called out from the kitchen counter. “Leave your sister alone”

          Dana takes revenge and throws it back at him. They heard their main door beep unlock and their dad, came walking, exhausted. He greeted his wife with a quick peck on her cheeks. “So what did I miss?”

          “Appa! Mino oppa just hit me!” Dana told on Mino in exaggeration.

          The other quickly denied. As much as youngbae doesn’t want to hear his children quarrelling, he’s too tired to deal with it now. He goes to the kitchen counter and asks for a plate of late lunch. “By the way, Mino, your delinquent friend is already at the gate. You better go”

          “He is!?” Mino jumped from the couch and immediately strpped his bag on his shoulders, bidding farewell to his siblings first then to his parents next.

          “You guys better be careful while you’re there. Are you sure it’s alright for you guys to crash in his place?” Mama Ji asked.

          “Yes. His parents won’t be there till Chuseok, so we’ll have the place for ourselves for the next 3 days…”

          “Alright, have fun and be back by soon, okay?” she hugs her kid and lets him go. “Bye, son!”

 

 

          The two bestfriends took a Saemaeul Train to Busan, it’s Seunghoon

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter