GFY

Good For You
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Jongin is damned. Damned for all he knew.

 

Kyungsoo’s at his side again looking up with his big brown almond eyes and pleading like a kid. He tugged the corner of Jongin’s shirt twice now. Jongin groans for what seems to be the fifth time. It’s impossible to resist, how could he, of all people?

“Fine! Fine. Alright, alright just shut up, okay?”

Kyungsoo’s eyes brighten up and Jongin almost bites back the regret of his approval until the older turns around with that devilish look again. He shouldn’t have said yes. Kyungsoo grins, all teeth and that heart shaped lips like it’s the most natural thing to do at the given situation. Jongin doesn’t mind though, he’d kill to see that smile any day thorough. Not in the literal sense, he supposes.

“I knew you’d do it.” Kyungsoo says, now walking ahead of him. Jongin shrugs his shoulders; he doesn’t have power over the older. He tucks his hands on his pockets and lets his eyes follow Kyungsoo. Jongin rolls his eyes and doesn’t feel the need to say anything.

Kyungsoo looks back at him and rubs his hands together—looking like a madman hatching evil plans, and you can’t really blame Jongin for looking like a wheezing cat for a few seconds. He laughs with his fist covering his mouth, eyes trailing over Kyungsoo’s and laughing some more. He might be getting more to this arrangement than the former.

As usual, some guy had been persistent about asking Kyungsoo out and this time—the said guy wants living proof. Usually, Kyungsoo gets rid of his stalkers (as Jongin would love to call them) by asking Jongin to send some really flirty text messages. And this time, it was Wu Yi Fan, team captain of the school’s basketball team with the really nice (according to Baekhyun)—and you can’t just straight out dump the guy with the mere reason you don’t want to mingle (courtesy of Baekhyun to Kyungsoo).

So who else was perfect for the job other than Kim Jongin, renowned best friend of D to the O to the Kyung—for let’s say, since baby diapers?

Truth to be told, Jongin should be tired of this, really. He should be asking Kyungsoo to ask somebody else, and he could actually downright refuse him with enough willpower. But why doesn’t he? Well, if it wasn’t for the big brown almond eyes, or the heart-shaped lips, or the way he treats Jongin like no other, then what for? Jongin swallows a lump in his throat. He’s downright played by the devil himself. Plunging towards what he knows as hell and what we know as love.

“When are you ever gonna date someone?” Jongin asks then bites back his tongue; he really ought to ask this one doesn’t he? Talk about masochism.

Kyungsoo shrugs, his eyes seemed distant for a moment and Jongin almost believes that it wasn’t there for a minute before he goes back to that eye-crinkling-smile.

“You?”

Jongin copies the expression, he shrugs and they both laugh.

“I’ve dated plenty.”

“Yeah, no more than a week.”

“I’m handsome like that.” He grins, cheeky like a kid.

The next day proved to be harder than they would have thought, being seated before Yi Fan (or Kris as he’d prefer) with his big razor-like teeth smiling at them and scrutinizing eyes gazing ever-so-subtle. The guy looked like a cut-out from a magazine and Jongin would never admit that to Kyungsoo, what if the older changes his mind and actually went out with this guy? What dignity would Jongin have left then? So, no. He looks like an ugly dragon. A really tall dragon that could have been a perfect match with Kyungsoo’s height if it wasn’t for Jongin.

“So, how long have you been together?” Yi Fan says, folding his hands over the table and leaning on them.

“Since middle school.” Jongin,

“High school.” Kyungsoo,

The sync was so great it would have sounded just the same, except the dragon has really keen ears and Kyungsoo fidgeted—Jongin knows how Kyungsoo felt about lying, at least in person that is. The older can pull sweet lies through the phone.

“Well, we’ve been together for like our whole lives, dude.” Jongin grins, putting an arm casually over to Kyungsoo’s shoulder and giving it a firm squeeze. 

“I liked him since middle school, or was it the other way around?” Jongin turns to Kyungsoo, unaware of how close they seemed to be. He felt his breath caught in his throat, how had he never found those brown eyes beautiful this close before? Sure, he knew how much he liked those pair of eyes but up close—it seemed like he

Please log in to read the full chapter