Chapter 1

You

Soojung rolled back and forth on her comfortable bed. It has been two hours since she has been in there to sleep and it is now passed an hour since midnight. She still has classes at 8:30 in the morning but how will she be able to sleep when many thoughts are in her mind right now? Being a student and being a leader are two difficult roles if you're serious about it and she has both, combined. However, that's not what bothers her.

What bothers her can't be questioned as what, it's who.

She rolled on her bed once again, facing the ceiling that is meters away from her. Him and him and him and him. Every night, she's always like this. She's thinking of him.

Kim Myungsoo, her crush for three years. Eversince she met him,  she became a person who's willing to show that she's better than the other girls in his school. She's motivated. She wants to succeed for him, eventhough he doesn't know that everything she does is for him. Even when she feels like everything is messed up, thinking of him makes her think that she can do everything.

Myungsoo and Soojung have been friends eversince their first year in college and it has been three years since then. How can she not see him often? When she started college, she became active in being a student-leader and he's into Journalism. How can she avoid him if every event that she attends in the university, he's there? She's now the newly-elected President of the university's Supreme Student Council and he's the most trusted and main photographer of the university's school newspaper. It's hard for her to avoid him, for everytime she does, she's falling harder. She misses him and she doesn't like the feeling. She hates the idea that she underestimated love. She undetestimated him. She hates how she thought Myungsoo was just another guy friend.

She hates how she underestimated Cupid.

She's admired by everyone in the university. She has the beauty that everyone admires. Guys and girls, even gays. No exceptions. She has the body that every girl would envy. She can be a model with her height too. She has the brains that any student would wish to have. She has the skills too that any student would want to develop just to excel and be ahead of others.

But people don't know that every night, when she lays down in her bed, she thinks of a million questions coming from one big question: "Does he think like them too?"

She has the beauty that she never got from any expensive plastic surgery. But, does he see her as beautiful too? Does he find her attractive? Does he find her worthy of an admiration? She doesn't know the answers to that questions. However, what she knows is that she doesn't need any surgery. She's contented in her face, in her skin, in everything that she has.

Besides, she's afraid of undergoing those. It was given to her by God and she's ready to take care of that. People find her face perfect, but she never gave any guy a chance to touch that face... Or maybe, she has already allowed someone but he has no idea about it.

She has the body that every girl would die for. Does it have an effect on him too? She hoped that at some point, he has thought of appreciating her efforts to become fit. She then recalled the time, during her first year in college, when she had to wear a cropped top for a dance competition. She has no choice. The costumes were given to them the day before and she's sure that nobody would want to exchange costumes with her. She thanked God that she was given the persistence to have the abs. Well, how can she avoid going to the gym and being in a strict diet if her older sister, Sooeyeon, always include her in her physical fitness plans? Thank God too for she handled the costume well with her overall physique. Since then, girls were asking her secrets. She knows that he saw her performance. What was his reaction? She doesn't have any ideas though.

She has the brains that any student would wish to have. Was he ever amazed by her in terms of academic performance? He's there, taking pictures, during quiz bees and every time she wins, he's the last person to greet her. But eventhough he's the last one, she find that special because he hugs her tight. And as Krystal recalls back the moment, she can't help but smile and feel her cheeks getting hotter. She wants to throw her pillows and scream. She misses his presence. She likes his warmth so much. Admiring him made her realize that it is nice to have someone. That it is nice to be hugged by someone special. That it is nice to have someone like Myungsoo in her life.

But she doesn't feel like she'll ever have the courage to tell him what she feels.

"You're not sent to a good university just to chase a guy, Soojung. Arraseo?" she told herself repeatedly while burying herself in her pillows.

She has the skills too that any student would want to have to excel and be ahead of others. Well, yes, she has been ahead of others for so long. She's the SSC President and one of the reasons why she's pushing through is because of him eventhough he doesn't know it. She suddenly asked herself, was ever a time that he was amazed of her because she has lead a successful event? Has he ever appreciated the way she strictly implemented policies? Has he ever appreciated her resourcefulness for solving one problem that the whole student body thought they cannot think of a solution anymore?

A million questions, all for one person. A million questions. All for Myungsoo.

For the world, you may be one person. But for one person, you may be the world.

She hates the fact that maybe, Myungsoo sees her as just one person in his world when she sees him as someone slowly becoming her world.

She hates the fact that she's falling harder for him everytime she sees him, everytime she remembers him.

I don’t know know know
nan meomchul su eopseo
neo neo neo neowa nae norae

I don’t know know know
nan kkumeul noraehae
neo neo neo neowa nal wihae 

Trans:

I don’t know know know, I can’t stop
You you you and my song
I don’t know know know
I sing my dreams
You, you, you, for you and me

Less than a hundred words, a million thoughts. How can he do that to her?

Soojung suddenly felt her eyes getting heavy. Finally, she's falling asleep. As she wakes up in the couple of hours, will she see him again?  Will they talk for so long? Will she stop falling for him?

-------------------------

Soojung reached the university gate at 5:45 in the morning. Too early for a class of 8:30, right? but that's her life. She has to be at school for so early to fix papers and everything, especially for the upcoming Christmas Fair next week and founding anniversary next year. She doesn't want to waste any time. She slowly made her way to the gate. The guard saw her and waved at her. The guards know her too. She's a nice girl and people love her. However, they hate her when she's the Miss President Jung.

As she entered the wide school premises, she was bumped by a guy who stopped running when he knew that he disturbed someone. Soojung was ready to glare at him as she looks up and scold him as the President but it turned out that she was not able to do it, for the one who turned to face her was none other than him, Kim Myungsoo. He suddenly ran to face her in that early morning to hold her arm and apologize.

"Are you alright, Soojung? I am sorry. I'm quite in a rush..." Myungsoo said. He was about to run again but he saw the digital clock that says 5:55 in the morning. His face suddely turned irritated. "5:55?"

Soojung's blank face turned to know where's his reaction coming from. "What's with 5:55?"

"My phone says 6:30 and so as the people on the house. they told me it's already 6:30 in the morning that's why I was running..."

Soojung smiled as she figured out what happened. "Oh, so everyone at you home tricked you so that you can experience going to school early, huh?"

"Right. I know. I am always a late comer," he surrendered. He looked at her sincerely again. "I am sorry for bumping onto you, Soojung."

"Ah, n-no, it's okay, My-yungsoo."

Soojung then thought, he looks handsome today. He doesn't look like he rushed on his way to school. She sees him very often but she always get surprised whenever she sees him. She did not notice that she has been staring at him for some seconds already. "Come on Soojung, let's walk. Where are you going?"

"Huh?" she said, her mind is obviously lost in his presence. She got back on herself when he held her wrist and lead her to the catwalk. Sparks all throughout her body was felt again by hers.

"Do I look that handsome?" he questioned to her, flashing his dimples that girls die for. The number of students coming to their school are now starting to increase that's why he initiated walking. He doesn't know where she's going but he's willing to send her to anywhere, anyway.

"Don't start with me, Myungsoo," she responded with a small laughter. He always manages to make her smile. Christmas is coming and this kind of December morning is very cold. However, the environment is not the one causing her shivering, its his presence. Even when the strongest warmth arrives later at 2:00 in the afternoon, she will not stop shivering. Too early for today.

"So, where are you going at this early, Miss Jung?"

She liked what he addressed her as. "Well, Myungsoo, I'm going to the SSC Office."

"So, how are you?"

Her eyebrows creased at his sudden question which she thought has nothing to do with what she told him. "Huh? Why suddenly ask me that?"

"Well, I just want to know how is the SSC President doing right now. I'm concerned, you know," she flashed him a smile while he's fixing something in this DLSR camera that she knows he loves so much. Myungsoo told her that his hyung, Moonsoo, gave it so him and he will really take care of it.

"Well, Miss President... Is fine. But she's very busy. We're completing everything for the Christmas Fair and we're trying to invite bands too for the founding anniversary next year. What do you think? Should we invite a new set of bands or what? Maybe we should try groups?"

"Well, we can depend on the crowd's reaction next week. By the way, I'm glad that you're going to the SSC Office because I'm going to fix school newspaper matters in the headquarters." Well, the two places that they are going to are just beside each other.

Soojung smiled at his answer. He has a good point though on his answer about the event. "How about my photographer, how about you?"

Myungsoo loved her term. My, he loves to make her repeat it though. "Well, your photographer's fine. Can he ask a favor from you?"

"What's it?"

"Can he take a picture of you?"

Soojung stopped walking and lost balance. Did he really say that? Good thing that Myungsoo cuaght her in her sudden loss of balance. "Woah, be careful."

"Y-yeah, yeah. I'm sorry. But, what? You want to take a picture of me?"

"Yes," he smiled at her. He expected her to react that way though, that's why he got disheartened. "Well, if you don't..."

"No, it's okay." She moved further from him and did a V-sign, saying that she's ready. Seconds later as the flash was sensed, she walked again while Myungsoo was previewing it. "Nice weather, isn't it?"

"Yes, it's nice to walk with someone special right this early." Soojung looked down as she felt her cheeks suddenly reddened. Myungsoo saw it when he looked at her but he did not react anymore. To see her reddening face is already enough. He then thought of another idea. He saw Sungyeol on his way, quite having a rush. He is Soojung's SSC Vice President.

"Sungyeol!" he called and luckily, he heard them. The tall guy went to them. "Good morning Myungsoo and President Jung." Soojung can't help but smile at the formalities.

"You're so early today, Myungsoo," Sungyeol . Myungsoo gave him a look but then smiled, "yeah right. I was tricked at home."

Sungyeol got confused at first but the two told him what happened. The guy ended up laughing out loud but still managed to calm down after seeing Myungsoo's dark face that made him scared. "So, what did you call me for?"

"Can you take a picture of me and Soojung?"

Sungyeol has been a close friend to him and he knows what exactly is going on. Sungyeol looked at the girl and she seemed surprised too. Before she was able to say anything, Sungyeol responded a happy "yes."

Myungsoo had his arms around her. Soojung nervously smiled and went with the flow. She doesn't want to see the picture but a part of her wants to do the opposite. She doesn't know what to feel. But one thing that she's sure of is that she's happy. After taking the picture, Sungyeol then ran because he needed to chase Chorong and Luhan for something.

"See you later Myungsoo and Miss President!"

The two waved goodbye for now to him.

Myungsoo previewed he picture and smiled. He then continued the conversation. In his mind, the two of them really look good together. "You still have a lot of time. Your class starts at 8:30, right?"

"H--how did you know?" she was confused.

"Well, at the convenience store, you told me. Today is Friday and last Thursday night, we met there. You were buying an energy drink..."

"Ah, okay, I remember it already," she said. She was now enlightened. She had a long quiz last Friday and she saw Myungsoo the night before with his hyung. "You asked me what was the energy drink for and I said that it's for my overnight studying."

"Yep."

"And you were with your hyung that time."

"Yep, buying snacks. How was your long quiz?"

She liked the way he's asking her about her life. She smiled for the question that he threw to her. She can't contain her happiness. He surely made her day. She felt like someone is taking care of her. "It's fine. 60/70."

He was surprised how her face suddenly frowned at her answer though. "It's not bad. 60/70 is already high, Soojung. You're too conscious of your grades."

"You know me very well, Myungsoo."

"Of course. You can always ask for my help, always remember that, okay?"

Soojung nodded while he continued, "and going back, I told you too that my class today starts at 7:00 in the morning," he said. He looked at his watch again, "come on, it's now 6:15. We need to fix what we need to fix."

Soojung nodded and replied him a heartfelt 'thank you' that made him happy. I enjoyed this conversation so much, I guess.

"By the way, Myungsoo, for what are the pictures?" she asked him before they separated. She really wondered what was that for.  When he asked her that favor, she hoped that it's for himself. She hoped that he wanted to take a picture of her that only him can take. She hoped that he wanted to have a picture with her because she's special.

"Memories, Soojung. For memories. I'll see you later," he said as he kissed her cheek and ran to the door and closed it. She was not given a couple of seconds to react to his action. "What was that for?" she asked herself repeatedly. "What was the pictures for? What was the kiss for?" She blushed again. Again. Again and again and again. He makes her blush effortlessly and she hates it. She softens because of a guy. She may be hated whenever she's the President Jung, but when she the Jung Soojung, she's always weakened by Kim Myungsoo.

She recalled what he said. "Memories," she mumbled. She then thought that she may be having a new favorite word from that day on.

She doesn't know what's going on between him and her, but surely, she and him, they want to make good memories with each other while they still can. As she went inside the office, she started to fix whatever she has to do. The door opened and Sungyeol went inside. She was nervous. She thought that it's Myungsoo. Later on, a familiar vibration rang through her phone and she gladly reached for it in her pocket to get it. She was shocked when she saw Myungsoo called her. She pushed the receiving button anway.

"Hello," she said, laughing a little. 

"Hey."

"We are just meters away, Myungsoo."

"I know," he said, smiling through his phone. She can feel it. "It's just that I want you to look inside you bag," Soojung did as instructed. She was quite surprised. She knew at that moment that she will be seeing something unexpected but she never thought that it will be a very small teddy bear.

"I just wanted to give you that. And I just want you to know something too..." he said.

"Wh-what's that?"

"I'm happy when I'm with you."

Her world stopped from the sudden confession. Yes, she's affected by his sweet words but she can't let her guard down. She can't show him how feminine Jung Soojung is whenever he's there. "Confession via phone call, Myungsoo, rea-really?" She asked, letting out a nervous laughter.

"I have my ways, okay? I know you won't be able to say anything when I tell you that face-to-face." Soojung, by this time, already had a clue where this one is going. She was about to protest when he said something.

"Remember? I did not do anything big earlier but you were so stuck looking at me. So then I thought, "why not save Soojung from embarassment and make a phone call confession?" I know you will blush furiously because of me and I am saving you from your ego. Haha," Soojung was happy but when he said those words, but on the last part, her face became irritated and she rushed to go outside. "Just wait there Myungsoo. I'm going to... Ugh, I'm going to strangle you!" she warned him.

"Okay, if you can," Myungsoo said, laughing, as he went out of the room, ready to face the love of his life. He knows that he will win anyway. Dude Soojung has no match with a real guy like him. He wanted to see how will she will react though. He may not be able to see it personally but thanks to Luhan's hidden camera that Sungyeol borrowed, he can still see that later and .

And yes, that day was planned from its beginning. He purposely told the people in the house to wake him up early and he planned to bump her to initiate a talk. Sungyeol ran his way to school early just to borrow a hidden camera to Luhan who's with Chorong at that morning. He planned it all to make it happen at a Friday morning. For every Friday morning, she goes to school at around 5:30, quite catching up with his 7:00 class.

Wondering where was the small teddy bear from? From his pocket, he put in her bag when they took a picture. He was just planning to put it in her locker but he saw Sungyeol, so it became easier.

He saw Soojung's face when he got out. She's holding her phone and she looks like she's very ready to strangle him. Myungsoo widened his smile. Soojung really looked pretty, even when she's angry. "Hello there, girlfriend?"

"Myungsoo, I am not your girlfriend!"

"You love me. I love you, so what's the problem?" He said as he kept his phone in his left pocket.

"And how sure are you? Not because I'm stu..."

"Sooyeon Jung."

Just a mention of her name, Soojung already knew what he meant. Right, her sister pushed her to him. She might have already told Myungsoo about her hunch. Sooyeon has a very big support for the two of them. "Fine, so..."

"I love you Soojung," Myungsoo suddenly pulled her into a hug. The girl was shocked but she still hugged him back though, finally, letting her guard down. "I..."

"You what?" He broke from the hug first and gazed intently into her eyes. "I... Love..."

"You love...?"

"I love you.. Too. Fudge, Myungsoo, this taking so much courage for me. I have to go..." She was about to go back but he pulled her again and hugged tight. "I love you more, Soojung. It's been three years since I have started feeling this and you have no idea how happy I am today. Thank you for coming into my life."

She hugged him tight, knowing that she's not alone. Knowing that every night that she spent thinking about him was not put into waste, that someone's willing to catch her. She's falling... Hard and she's glad that her heart chose him.