ONE

Marry You

 

“Baekhee, Byun Baekhee”

 

She had said bowing to the handsome lad who stood in front of her wearing an expensive price of a tuxedo. He had sent a graceful smile at her when he bows just like how a gentleman should. “Daehyun, Jung Daehyun” he had introduce himself but there was no need for introduction. Baekhee knows him alright, he’s the current talk among the women. He’s the new CEO of the RG Group. He’s the youngest CEO ever had in the history of business and they all kept talking about how fine and strong he is. But they also kept talking how he is single despite being handsome looking.

 

“I must say, it’s a pleasure to meet the beautiful Byun Baekhee. The words I hear do no  justice. You are far more beautiful than what I have heard” he had said with a playful smile and Baekhee chuckles like a lady. “Thank you Mr. Jung. But I have heard things about you two when the women came for gossip with my mother. They never do keep their mouth shut” she had said and Daehyun laugh, his head tipping backwards just slightly and Baekhee thinks he does look handsome.

 

“They don’t. But I do hope you heard only the good things about me. I hope there’s no bad impression of me on you”

 

Baekhee smiles.

 

“Only the goods”

 

They met at the party, Seo Joohyun’s birthday party where she had invited everyone. The party was very grand, held at a huge hotel with lots of food and a huge cake plus the grand decoration. For Baekhee, it was too much for a birthday celebration but Seo Joohyun is someone who loves things go grand for herself. However Baekhee knows that this is the way she was showing Cho Kyuhyun how much he is missing when he choose Lu Sehee out of her. Baekhee doesn’t blame her though. She knows how it felt like when a man choose someone else over you.

 

“Would you like a dance with me though?”

 

Daehyun had offered, his hands reaching out for her to take and Baekhee plays hard to get. It wasn’t like she doesn’t get hit on much but instead she doesn’t make contact with other men since her engagement broke. After a full minute of thinking, Baekhee takes his outreach hand and they both made way to the dance floor where there were other couples dancing. Daehyun places both his hands on her waist and he slowly guide them to the music. There were prying eyes on them but Baekhee ignores them, knowing she should give her full attention on the man dancing with her.

 

“I’ve never seen you with anyone else before. Why?”

 

Baekhee, taken aback with his question, stares at him with her eyebrows knitted together. “I never want anyone else before” she merely answers and Daehyun smiles. “Does this mean that you want me when you agreed to dance with me?” he had ask and Baekhee laugh slightly.

 

“Well,” she starts looking at him with a teasing smile, “You are a handsome fine young man”

 

Daehyun laugh again, pulling her body closer to himself and Baekhee found herself not minding the small action. “Baekhee, can I ask you something?” Baekhee frown again but she nods at his words, wanting to know what he was thinking.

 

“Do you think I can take over the place that Wu Yifan left as your fiancée?” he had ask and Baekhee laugh. “Is this a proposal, Mr. Jung?” The man nods, looking determined yet nervous at the same time that makes it looks cute and endearing. 

 

They escape the party as it felt like a waste of time. Going to the Byun’s mansion wasn’t any problem and when they arrived, Baekhee was glad that most of the workers had done their task and had went to bed. Her parents were out while her brother must be asleep so they make way to her bedroom. The moment he had lock the door behind him, Baekhee was merely in her undergarments and he had swept her off the floor. The was slow as if they were making love for the first time and Daehyun had treat her like she is the most fragile thing in the world.

 

Baekhee thinks it’s fine.

 

She still think it’s fine when she fell asleep against his chest and found him in her bed the next morning. It’s still fine she thinks as she trace his features from his forehead to his nose and finally reaching to his lips where it lingers for a moment. They both bore nothing under the duvet but it’s still fine. He had open his eyes catching her in the act but Baekhee didn’t take her hand back. Instead her arms goes around his neck and Baekhee leans against his shoulder, eyes closing for a moment.

 

“Good morning”

 

She thinks it’s still fine when they were heavily making out the next moment and soon he was deep inside her with her sitting on his lap. It was still fine when they both reached their and he had spill his seeds inside her without any hesitation. They forgot about condoms but she doesn’t care about it anymore. He kisses her as if he really had feelings for her and had held her close to his chest as they both tries to get their breath back.

 

They went down for lunch after having more rounds of each other. Baekhee thinks she’s already sore but she doesn’t think she could have him enough. No one comments a thing about having a sudden guest at their mansion and Baekhee was glad for it. Her father makes some conversation with the young CEO who answers with bright eyes. She ignores the way some of the maids were ogling Daehyun, she ignores the pointed look from her mother but she doesn’t ignore his hand that rest on her thigh.

 

Instead she took it without garnering any attention from the other occupants in the room and grasp his hand into her. It works wonder how their hands fit perfectly together and she could feel him smiling even if she wasn’t looking. He grasp her hand even tighter.

 

She sent him out when he had to excuse himself because of work. They stood at the door not knowing what to do when Daehyun leans down and kiss her lips. The kiss was short and was merely nothing instead of lip against lip. But the kiss manage to make Baekhee smile. “I meant what I said at the party. I’ll be coming back soon for you”

 

Baekhee thinks it’s fine and hopes it’ll be fine.

 


 

She was trying to do some reading in her room when there was a knock at the door. The maid had told her that her father request to see her. With a sigh, Baekhee straighten her clothes and went up to her father’s study room where she knew he would be there. She knocked on the door and when the gruff ‘come in’ came as a reply, Baekhee open the door and step inside. “You wanted to see me appa?” she ask as she stood by the door just like how she was taught. Her father sat at his chair with his newspaper in hand while her mother sat at the couch that was placed nearby the window.

 

“Baekhee, sit down please. We have something to discuss”

 

Baekhee sits on the couch across her mother and waited in silence for her father to continue. The old man got up and took the seat with her mother who frowns at him. Baekhee frowns too. “What is this about, Minhyuk?” her mother ask and he smiles. “Baekhee, I want to tell you that Jung Hyuk came to see me two days ago” he had said and both Baekhee and her mother frown. “Jung Hyuk? CEO of the RG Group?”

 

“Not anymore. His son took over the company. I think you know him. Jung Daehyun?” he said and there were butterflies in Baekhee’s stomach when she heard the familiar name. It had been three weeks since the mere night but Daehyun hadn’t tried any form of contact with her that had Baekhee think if she was just a nightstand to him. She nods. “Yes appa. I know him. He was at our house about a few weeks ago”

 

There seem to be a recognition in her mother’s eyes and she eyes her daughter. “What was he doing at our mansion? You do know we do not accept stranger into our household” her mother had sternly said and Baekhee looks down onto the floor. “It doesn’t matter anymore. He won’t be a stranger to us anymore. Jung Hyuk had ask for Baekhee’s hand in marriage. He wants Baekhee to marry his son” a silence followed as her father broke the news and Baekhee thinks, he’s serious about this.

 

“Baekhee listen, marrying him would be a good choice. He’s a fine man. He’s handsome and smart and he’s the CEO of the RG Group. He’s the dream of every women in the world. Besides, if you marry him, we could expand our business-“

 

“You can’t just let out daughter marry him because of marriage. I thought we agreed on this before Minhyuk” her mother protest and her father frowns at his wife’s displeasure. It was obvious that if she agrees to join that family, it would bring lots of fortune into their business. “I won’t let my daughter marry him and that’s final” her mother says and Baekhee feels angry because she wasn’t even given the chance to choose for herself.

 

“I want to marry him. Yes appa, I agree for his hand in marriage”

 

Baekhee voice out and both her mother and father look shock at her decision. “No, I won’t let you-“

 

“I want to marry him and I don’t care what you think. You guys always make the decision for me even without my consent. Just like how you agreed to give me to Wu Yifan and now look what happen. This time I make my own choices and I say I want to marry him and I will” 

 

“Byun Baekhee-“

 

“Rahee stop this” her father sternly said and her mother stops with whatever she wants to say. She looks torn in between fighting for what she wants or follows her husband’s instruction. Her father sigh and look slightly guilty. “Baekhee, do you really want to do this? We don’t want to force you to do something you don’t want. It’s your choice”

 

Baekhee nods looking determined than ever. “Yes appa. I want to marry him”

 

Her father sigh and nod. “Alright. I’ll set the date to meet his family tonight. You go and get yourself ready for his family. You look paler than usual. Are you okay?” her father ask and Baekhee brought her hands to cup her cheeks in her palm. She did feel a little off for a few weeks and had some slight headache from time to time but she pass it of as nothing. “I’m just tired. College had been a little hard” she answers and her father nod.

 

“Alright. Just go and get ready”

 

Baekhee nods and excuse herself. The moment she was out of the room, she lets out a sigh and leans against the wall when nauseous hit her. She had been getting them lately and it annoys her a lot. Slowly, Baekhee drags her tired body to her room when a hand stop her from leaving. Her mother stares at him with eyes filled with unknown emotion. Baekhee can never understand her mother despite everything. “What is it, ma?” she ask and Byun Rahee frowns.

 

“Are you really sure you want to marry Jung Daehyun? I don’t trust him” her mother said and Baekhee fights the urge to roll her eyes. “I choose him ma and whatever the consequence is, I will face it” she says. “Baekhee, this is not a play thing. It’s marriage we’re talking about. It’s your future” Baekhee nods absentmindedly and all she wanted to do was crawl back into the cover of her bed and sleep. There was something climbing up and Baekhee resist the urge to throw up her lunch in the middle of the hallway.

 

“Ma, can I just go? It’s a very tyring day and I feel sick right now. I need to get ready for dinner tonight so can you please just keep whatever you want to say to yourself?”

 

Her mother looks taken aback with her words. “What do you mean you’re sick? Do we need to call the doctor?” her mother ask but Baekhee was quick to shake her head. “No I’m fine. Just a little dizzy and I feel like throwing up sometimes but it’s nothing. Now will you excuse me” Baekhee was about to walk away when her mother reaches for her arm and stop her once more. “Baekhee, are you-“ she glance down Baekhee’s body and Baekhee suddenly feels under her stare. Protectively she wrap her arms around her stomach and frown at her mother.

 

“What is it ma?” she ask but her mother shakes her head.

 

Thinking that it was nothing, Baekhee walks back to her room not realizing that her mother was staring at her the whole time.

 


 

“Baekhee, is it me or have you put on some weight?” Daehyun had greet her the moment he saw her. Baekhee frown and her hand quickly went to pinch him on the side. Daehyun let out an unmanly yelp that caught the attention of their parents who look at them with raised eyebrow. “Are you saying I’m fat Mr. Jung Daehyun?” she ask with furrow brows and Daehyun laugh. “Slightly but you’re chubby cute” Baekhee grit her teeth and decides she wants to ignore him for the rest of the night.

 

“And this must be the lovely Baekhee. Daehyun had said many things about you but my, you are very lovely” Daehyun’s father, Hyuk, says and Baekhee smiles bowing slightly at the older man. “Thank you sir” Hyuk laughs and pats her father’s shoulder. “I’d say Minhyuk, Daehyun would be taken care of properly now that they will be married” the two men laugh.

 

“Baekhee, this is my mother. Umma, this is Baekhee”

 

A woman who doesn’t look more than 50 smiles at Baekhee. “Hello Baekhee. Daehyun talks about you a lot. I hope you can take care of our Daehyun here. He hasn’t matured much” she says playfully pulling Daehyun’s ears and Baekhee has to laugh. Their family seems like a happy family and Baekhee doesn’t think she would regret joining this one. Daehyun’s mother, Jinri, then took her hands into hers. “Call me umma dear. Come, we have lots to talk about”

 

Dinner that night went far well than ever. They had plan to have the wedding in a week time but Daehyun insist on having their honeymoon at their new home. Baekhee agrees but other than that, she ignores Daehyun who keeps trying to get her attention. She was still mad however at him for calling her fat. How can he call her fat? She thinks. “We’ll have to go and buy their wedding attire in two days. And we’ll only have a maximum number of a hundred guest on each side. Is that agreeable enough?”

 

Baekhee nods though she actually doesn’t care about it. Right now all she wants was to go home and sleep. Daehyun however notices this and smiles when he caught her yawning just slightly and tries to cover it up. “Appa, umma, sir, ma’am, can we excuse ourselves? Baekhee looks tired so I think I should let her get some rest. We have a tyring week this week so we should get some rest” he says and Baekhee looks at him in surprise.

 

Her father however smiles. “Of course. Would you like to stay the night here, Daehyun?” he had ask and Baekhee widen her eyes at the suggestion. Daehyun looks at her as he says, “I’d stay here if Baekhee lets me.” In honesty, Baekhee wants him to stay. She wants to sleep in his arms again but she slowly nod, not wanting any of them to notice how desperate she wants him close. They got out of the dining room without any problem and Baekhee walk ahead of Daehyun. When the door close, Daehyun wraps his arms around her and hugs her tight.

 

“I miss you. You were ignoring me the whole night” he had whispered and Baekhee scoff at his words. “You called me fat. Of course I’ll ignore you” she says as she unwraps his arms around her and takes of the dress. She lets him eyes her as she takes her nightgown and put it on with much ease. “You’re such a tease you know that” she heard him say and when she turns, Daehyun stood at the end of the bed in only his boxers and a wife beater. She blush to see him flex his muscles.

 

“I’m going to brush my teeth”

 

She mumbles as she goes to the toilet and close the door behind her. She wash the make up on her face and when she was done, Baekhee felt the dinner up . Almost immediately she was at the toilet bowl and she lets out all of her stomach content. She lets everything out and by the time she was done, Baekhee felt very drain and tired. She half-heartedly brush her teeth and when she was done, she climb into bed with Daehyun. The man was scrolling through his phone when she came and she saw the concern all over his face.

 

“You don’t look good”

 

He comments. “I don’t feel good, ” she sass to him and Daehyun laughs softly. “Should we go to the doctor tomorrow? I have a good friend that can help” he offers but Baekhee doesn’t answer her. instead she cuddles against his chest, searching for the familiar warmth and sighs in content when she found them. “Doctor? Hmm, okay. You’ll be with me right?” it was all confirmed when Daehyun nods and lets a lingering kiss on her forehead.

 

“I never got to say how beautiful you look today”

 

Daehyun whispers when Baekhee was half asleep and she cracks a smile at him. “Really? Thank you for saying that” she answers back with a yawn and Daehyun laughs, his arms tightening around her waist. “Go to sleep sleepyhead” Baekhee hums.

 

“Goodnight” Baekhee felt his lips against her lips and she then drift off to dreamland.

 


 

They say she’s pregnant, almost reaching her third week and Baekhee tries not to freak out. Daehyun was frozen by her side and they both were at loss of word. A baby, she thinks as they both were in the car and there silence was overwhelming. She wonders if Daehyun still wants her now that she’s pregnant with his child. Does he want the child? Baekhee fights the urge to cry when she wonders if Daehyun would leave her to fend off the child all by herself. She however failed to mask her sadness and soon tears were streaming down her face.

 

Daehyun stops the car by the curb and turn to her in panic. “Baekhee, what’s wrong? Are you hurt? Why are you crying? Please don’t cry” he ask in moments of panic and Baekhee was soon a sobbing mess. His arms came to wrap around her body and he pull her close despite being in the car. Baekhee sobs violently in his arms and Daehyun feels guilty to see her so frail and broken. “Baekhee, what’s wrong? Please tell me” he ask, soft and slow, as his fingers thread her hair to console the sobbing mess.

 

“I’m pregnant. Daehyun, I’m pregnant”

 

She sobs out and Daehyun hums. “The doctor just told us about the baby. The baby is mine.  I’m taking responsibility” he says voice a little too cold and Baekhee sobs again. “B-b-b-but y-you d-d-d-d-don’t lo-love me. And I-I-I-I do-don’t love you” His blood ran cold at the mention of the word love and he knows what Baekhee says is right. How can they have a baby when they are not in love? His arms tighten around her as he kiss her tears away.

 

“Don’t worry. I’ll love our child as much I would love you soon”

 


 

Their parents were shock when the news came to their ears. They both hadn’t meant to mention it but when they wanted to have a toast with some red wine, Daehyun had blurt out the news almost instantly. His mother looks disappointed and their father looks shock. But the one that doesn’t take the news very well was Baekhee’s mother. She stood up in her seat as she glares at Daehyun furiously. “Byun Baekhee, what is the meaning of this? What do you mean you are pregnant?”

 

Baekhee looks down to her lap and her hands were trembling. Daehyun reaches out to calm her down but hadn’t manage to when there were tears streaming down her cheeks. “I-I’m sorry mama, appa. I-I-I-I-I I’m sorry” she sobs out and cries violently and all Daehyun does is pull her into his arms. He hates seeing her cry and it breaks him to see her like this.

 

“Daehyun, bring Baekhee to your room. We need to have a talk after this” his father said, eyes looking angry and scared at the same time. Daehyun can only complies before he helps Baekhee to stand and they both made way to his room. She calmed down a bit when they were on the bed. Daehyun had change her clothes into his own, a t-shirt and a boxers which look to big on her but Daehyun thinks she looks cute.

 

“I’m Scared Daehyun” Baekhee whispers, fingers curl tightly on the hem of his shirt. “What if they don’t let me marry you? What if they tell me have an abortion? What if they hate me?” she whispers eyes wide with fear and tears. Daehyun chuckles as he push her onto the bed and place pepper kisses everywhere. “Don’t worry, if that happens, I’ll stay with you. No matter what, I’ll be with you every second” his hands goes under her t-shirt and stop onto her still flat stomach. But Daehyun knows there’s a baby inside, his child with Baekhee.

 

“This is our child Baekhee. I won’t let anything happen to you or him”

 

Baekhee smiles at him a little and she nods, hands going to rest on where his were under her shirt. “Thank you though. Maybe I have a reason to live after all” she says and Daehyun frowns. He move closer to pick up her hand and kiss her knuckles. “Then we will be the reason for you to live. Now go to sleep baby. You’re exhausted” Baekhee nods and she turns to her side. Daehyun pulls the duvet to cover her body from the cold and he stays there until she was asleep.

 

“Here’s our plan Daehyun. The both of you will get married like we had plan. Your wedding will be held in a week time but know this Daehyun. No one should know that the both of you are already expecting. It’s a shame to the family if words spread out. The child should be kept a secret until it is time to be let out. I don’t want the two of you to bring any shame to our family”

 

Upon hearing his father’s words, Daehyun felt angry. It was like his child in Baekhee is a shame in the family. The one that will bring bad luck to the family and the one that will be frown upon. “Alright. We’ll go with your plan if you are happy with it” he says eyes cold as he stares at both parents. “But know this appa. The child that Baekhee carries is my child. The child is the result of our action but I’m not afraid. He is my child after all. Don’t say that he will bring shame to the family just because he was made before his parents got married. It’s not his fault. It’s mine because I wasn’t being careful. Just please don’t say that he’s a shame to the family because he’s not”

 

“But he is isn’t he? Because the both of you are being careless and that’s what the child will be. The shame of our family. That is what the child will always be” Baekhee’s mother, Rahee, sniggers and Daehyun was taken aback by the woman’s words. He knew she doesn’t like him. She doesn’t like him even when they met the first time.

 

“Ma’am, is there something wrong with me that you are so against at? Because I can tell that you don’t like me even for the bit of slightest” he ask and she stares at him cold piercing eyes.

 

“I don’t like you Daehyun because what man impregnates a woman before they get married. My daughter might like you but I don’t and I don’t think I will” Daehyun feels offended but he knows what she said is true. “Alright, I accept that. But if Baekhee or my child gets the treatment you all think they deserve then I won’t be okay.”

 


 

 

“How are you?”

 

Daehyun ask nosing at Baekhee’s neck and she smiles. “I’m fine. Just a little dehydrated” she answers and Daehyun frown. “Have you been eating lately?” he ask and Baekhee smiles, patting his cheeks softly. “Of course I do. This little one wants to eat a lot”

 

“But after you eat, you throw it out later. Aren’t I right?” he says with a frown and Baekhee frowns too. her fingers goes to the end of both his lips and she tries to pull it upwards. “Smile Daehyun-ah, we’re at a party. There’s no alcohol so no one should be drunk. Smile and be happy. We are getting married tomorrow” she says and Daehyun has to laugh at her failed attempt to make him smile. He takes her hands and kiss her knuckles like he loves to do. “Alright. I’ll smile. This is our party anyways”

 

They watch as their guest mingle around.

 

“Daehyun, Baekhee, congrats to the two of you” Luhan says when he comes up to them with his wife in tow. Jihae smiles as she hugs Baekhee tightly. “Congrats Baek. You’re getting married, finally. Daehyun here is a fine man so he will be able to take care of you, right Daehyun?” Jihae says as she shot Daehyun a look who immediately smile sheepishly. “Thank you Jihae. You’re my bridesmaid so you have to be there on time tomorrow. But the thing is, we’re not just getting married” she says and the couple shot them a curious look.

 

“What do you mean?”

 

Daehyun grins as he back hug Baekhee and his hands goes to caress her stomach where their child rest. Jihae and Luhan looks confused at the action but then the light bulbs lit up in Jihae’s head. “Oh my gosh! Are you serious? Luhan!” she squeals as she throws her arms around her husband and shakes him around violently. They all laugh at her antic.

 

“I’m so jealous of you. You guys aren’t even married yet but here you are carrying a baby” her arms goes to wrap around her stomach and she frowns, a longing look in her eyes. “I wonder  when we will get our own” she mumbles to herself but Baekhee heard it and she looks at her best friend sadly. “Jihae-yah, let’s go and have some food. I’m getting hungry” she ask and Jihae smiles almost immediately. The girls linked arms and began to walk away.

 

“Be careful!” Daehyun shouts after them.

 

“Jihae! Don’t let anyone flirt with you” Luhan cries out and Daehyun laugh at the words.

 

“Hyung,” he calls out softly and Luhan hums, his eyes still train on Jihae and Baekhee. They were laughing at something as they approach his sister and her fiancée. Jihae immediately took a hold onto Sehee before she could run anywhere. He can almost hear Jihae scolding Sehee for staying with only Kyuhyun at parties when she should have socializes with people. “Did you feel nervous when you married her?”

 

Luhan thinks back to the time before he got married. He was sweating nervously, heart beating too fast against his rib cage and he feels like everything is gone the moment he sees her in her wedding gown. Luhan smiles. “Of course. Who isn’t nervous on their wedding day? That is the day I will be marrying the woman I love”

 

Daehyun was quiet for a moment and Luhan grins at him. He pats the other on the shoulder.

 

“Just take care of Baekhee for us please. Baekhee is like the younger sister I’ve never had. She’s been through a heart break and I don’t want to go through another. Please take care of her and love her even if you don’t truly love her in the same way. I trust you Daehyun so please don’t break it”

 

The man smiles and nod at the other.

 

Luhan looks satisfied. “Alright, I should be going. I need to talk to Kim Jongin about some business plans for a while. Excuse me for a while will you” he says and Daehyun nods.

 

“I’ll take care of her hyung. I promise”

 

Daehyun stood there as he watch Luhan walks away. He smiles to himself knowing that there are people who cherish Baekhee just as much as he does. He was glad that Baekhee had true friends that would help her when she is in need. He wonders if he’ll ever get a friend like that. A friend that wouldn’t stab you in the back. A friend that wouldn’t hurt you in the way you have never expected.

 

“So you’re really getting married to Byun Baekhee?”

 

A voice says from the other side and Daehyun turn almost instantly when he heard the familiar voice. His eyes turn hard and his body goes stiff. His heart beats faster, in anger and disappointment. “What are you doing here, Miyoung” he growls and the woman in front of him laugh at his words. “My, my Daehyun. That’s not a very nice to say. I’m here to celebrate for your wedding tomorrow” Daehyun clench his hands in anger.

 

“Speaking of wedding, do you really think you can be happy with Byun Baekhee, Daehyun-ah? You don’t love her. you love me and you’re still not over me”

 

“What makes you think I am not over you yet?” he growls and Miyoung chuckles a she makes way close to him and place her hands onto her cheeks. He harshly pull them away as if the touch burns his skin. “I know you Daehyun. We’ve been together for three years. I’ve learnt a lot from being together with you throughout the years. You still love me and she loves another” she says and Daehyun huff in frustration. He clench and unclench his fingers.

 

“I will love her and I will learn how to love her. I know she will never do what you did to me with Youngjae, my own best friend. Baekhee is not like you and I know she will never be” he says and Miyoung laugh.

 

“Oh really, then why is she talking to Wu Yifan? Everyone knows that she is still in love with the man” Daehyun turns immediately to where Baekhee was. Miyoung is right, she is talking to Wu Yifan. But he knows there is nothing between them anymore. “Can’t you see the way he looks at her? He wants her Daehyun just like how much I want you right now” Miyoung says and Daehyun snaps his head to her direction. “And you think I want you back? Hear my words, Kim Miyoung. I never want you back because now I am Baekhee’s”

 

He glares at her before he stomp towards where Baekhee and Yifan was. Anger and frustration build in him and Daehyun feels the tears burning his eyes but he blinks them away. His hand goes to reach out for Baekhee’s arm and he pull her to face him. There a ‘hey’ from her but Daehyun ignores it as he buries his nose into his shoulder and his arms around her waist. “Daehyun, what’s wrong?” she ask and he could hear the concern in her voice. Anger surge in him. Baekhee is nothing like Miyoung.

 

“Daehyun, what happen? Should we get out of here?” Baekhee ask and Daehyun could feel her fingers carding through his hair. It calms him down a bit and Daehyun let out a sigh. “Can we get out of our own party?” he whispers and there was a chuckle from Baekhee. “I want to. I think we’re both tired. Let’s go and get some rest, alright?” she ask softly and Daehyun was glad that Baekhee could sense his distress. “Alright”

 

When he pulls away, Daehyun realise that most attention were on them. There were some adorn face on their guest but some looks like they were going to throw up. He feels his cheeks heating up at the attention before he takes Baekhee’s hand into his own and they both walk out of the avenue with eyes burning their back.

 

“What actually happen? You looked so shaken back then?”

 

Baekhee ask when they were nestled in his bed after they walk out of their own party. Daehyun sighs before push the strands that fell onto Baekhee’s face and place a small lingering kiss on her forehead. “Nothing happened. You should sleep. We have a big day tomorrow” he says and Baekhee crinkle her nose in protest but says nothing.

 

“By the way, I saw you talking to Yifan just now. What did he say to you?” Daehyun ask after a moment of silence. Baekhee kept quiet and she snuggles closer to his chest. “Baekhee?” The words from Yifan lingers in her mind. Am I too late to finally realize that I want to be with you Byun Baekhee?

 

“Baek?”

 

“He just merely said congrats for getting married and hoped that we’ll do well together. Can we go to sleep? I’m tired” she ask slightly whining and Daehyun laughs and nod. “Goodnight”

 


 

Baekhee pace to and fro in her wedding gown a few minutes before the wedding could begin. Jihae watch her best friend in amusement, finding her friend’s misery as a thing to make fun of. Baekhee felt nervousness bubbling in her chest. What if she had said the wrong line? What if she trips and fall down? What if Daehyun decides he doesn’t want to marry her and leaves her at the altar? What would become of her and their child if her decides he doesn’t want them?

 

“Baekhee, I think you should calm down”

 

Jihae says as she stood up to approach the bride. She was clad in her own bridesmaid dress, a white dress like swan that reaches till her mid-thigh. In her hands is a bouquet of flowers that the made for the wedding. Jihae knows that Baekhee is nervous because she had been like that on her wedding day. “I think you should see Daehyun to calm you down” she decides and Baekhee’s eyes widen.

 

“No! It brings bad luck for the groom to see the bride before the wedding” she cries out and Jihae laugh because this is expected. This happen at her wedding day where she was nervous as hell and Baekhee had proposed to see Luhan. As if on cue, there was a knock on the door and it open to reveal Daehyun clad in his wedding tuxedo. He looks pale as if he was having troubles in his own but the moment he sees Baekhee in her wedding gown, nothing matter anymore. Jihae grins before she excuse herself to meet her husband.

 

Baekhee feels shy under his gaze and she wraps her arms around her stomach but it did less to make her comfortable. “H-how do I look?” she ask as he nears her and he smiles a breathy “Beautiful” came from his lips. Baekhee’s cheeks burn at his words and she almost threw herself at him when he invites her into his arms. “I’m scared” she says and Daehyun laughs holding her close but careful enough to wrinkle her dress or smudge her make up.

 

“Me too”

 

Baekhee laughs. “We’re both are”

 

“Let’s make this work alright?” Daehyun ask and Baekhee nods. He offers her his arm and Baekhee takes them. She smile at him and Daehyun thinks she looks really beautiful. “You look handsome too you know” she says and Daehyun laughs. “Of course. I am the most handsome groom in the world. You are very lucky Byun Baekhee”

 

“Jung Baekhee. I am getting married to you so I am a Jung now”

 

There was a smile decorate Daehyun’s face and he thinks Miyoung is wrong. Baekhee can never be like her. His free hand goes to her stomach where he pads on it softly. “Baby, we’re going to be your appa and umma for real. We’re going to be the best umma and appa in the whole wide world!” Daehyun exclaims and Baekhee frown.

 

“But I like mama and papa more” she says and Daehyun kiss her cheeks.

 

“Whichever you want then, mama”

 

Baekhee hits him on the shoulder but the smile on their face was wider than before.

 

She had trip on her own words during the vows and Daehyun had laugh out loud making Baekhee blush in front of their audience. The guest chuckle at the couple’s antic and they couldn’t help but think that they look really cute together. The moment the priest announce that they are legally wedded and he can kiss the bride, Daehyun had hold her by the waist and caress her cheeks softly, his eyes gazing deeply into hers.

 

Baekhee cries when he kisses her, his words ringing in her ears. “I promise to be with you. I want to learn how to love you”

 


 

The party after the wedding had almost everyone they know came. Alcohols were everywhere and when it was time for Baekhee to toss her bouquet of flowers, it reach into the hands of Cho Kyuhyun who wasn’t even a part of the group that tries to catch it. He looks shock but then he smile before handing it to Sehee. By the time it was 9, Baekhee had to sit down because she felt light headed. Jihae gave her a look of concern but Baekhee push her away when Luhan had ask her for a dance.

 

Baekhee look around the ballroom where most of them has already coupled up and dancing to the slow beat of the song. She spots her husband dancing with his cousin, Lee Sunkyu, and they both laugh at whatever they were saying to each other. “Baekhee-yah” her body tense at the familiar voice behind her and she slowly turn to see Yifan standing behind her looking at her with an unreadable expression.

 

 Am I too late to finally realize that I want to be with you Byun Baekhee?

 

“Yifan”

 

He nods at her and gave her a tight smile. “Shall I have this dance?” he had ask and Baekhee knows she should reject him. He used to be her fiancée but now he’s a nobody. He’s her ex fiancée and she has a husband now. She should reject him. But Baekhee didn’t and she reach out for his offered hand.m “Of course” she says smiling at him and they soon walk to the dance floor. When he place his large hands on her waist, Baekhee tries to mask the flinch from him.

 

“You didn’t answer my question though, Baekhee”

 

He starts and Baekhee looks away. She doesn’t want to look into his eyes. Not when she could see the sincerity and the sadness in them because they hurts a lot. “I don’t have an answer for that Yifan” she says and Yifan let out a tight sigh. “Then can I still love you even if you are married to Jung Daehyun. Even if the two of you are officially married, it doesn’t mean that I can’t try to take you away” he says and Baekhee tries to pull away from his arms but failed when they only tighten around her waist.

 

“What are you trying to achieve, Yifan? You don’t want me before but now you want me? What is your problem?” she ask frustrated as she still tries to pull away from him. Yifan looks frustrated with his arms only tightening and Baekhee was scared for the safety of her child. Yifan is an unpredictable man. He’s like a ticking bomb that could blow up any minute.

 

“It was a mistake Baekhee. I made a huge mistake. I didn’t realize it until your engagement with Jung Daehyun came to my ears. I realize that I still love you. I had always love you but I was stupid enough not to realize it. Just please, tell me that I-“

 

“Is there a problem here?”

 

Yifan’s rambling came to a stop when a voice came to interrupt. Baekhee breath out a sigh of relief when she sees it was Daehyun who eyes Yifan curiously. The man looks devastated as if he had more to say but Baekhee refused to hear none of it. He then let go of Baekhee and she clung to Daehyun’s arm as tight as before. “I’m sorry. Excuse me” he mumbles before walking away. The moment he was out of view, Daehyun pull her into his arms and began to sway their body from side to side.

 

“Don’t cry” he whispers and Baekhee scoff from where she was leaning against his shoulder.

 

“I’m not crying. Don’t be ridiculous”

 

Daehyun chuckles as his hand goes down her hair. “Do you want to go back home? I feel tired with everything” he says and Baekhee looks at him with a smile. “Can we?”

 

“I’ll make sure we can”

 


 

Baekhee goes to the toilet as Daehyun goes to fetch their car. She sighs as she looks at herself in the mirror. She sees a woman in a pastel blue dress that reaches till her knees and a flower on the waist. Her hair had been tied into a simple braid and there were dark make up on her. But her eyes were slightly red and they look sunken than before. “I look horrible” she merely says to herself and opens the tap to wash her hands. The moment she did however, the bathroom door’s swung open and a woman Baekhee was unfamiliar with came in.

 

“Oh”

 

She says when she caught sight of Baekhee but then she scowls as if she’s displeased to see her. Baekhee frowns but comments nothing as the other girl came to look at the mirrors. She place her handbag onto the marble table before she began to take out a compact powder and touch up her make up. Baekhee eyes her and knows she doesn’t know this woman so she must be one of Daehyun’s friend. “I’m Baekhee, now Jung Baekhee”

 

“I know” she rudely interrupts and rolls her eyes as she fixes her hair. “I’m Kim Miyoung, Daehyun’s girlfriend” she says and Baekhee stops at what she was doing for a while. Girlfriend? Who does she think she is, Baekhee wonders. She scowls. “Ex-girlfriend, you mean? Okay then. I better get going” she says before she takes her own purse and began walking to the door.

 

“Remember, Daehyun doesn’t love you. He loves me and he still pins on me. Besides, I bet he decides to marry you because of the worm he plants inside your stomach. There’s no other explanation than that”

 

The woman snickers and Baekhee huffs, stomping out of the bathroom. Her arms were wrap protectively around her stomach and she frowns. “Worm? She said worm? My baby is not a worm? Who does that think she is?” she mutters to herself, angry at the other woman for saying things like that.

 

“Baekhee?”

 

Baekhee swirls around immediately and smile when she caught sight of Daehyun. But Miyoung’s words still rang in her mind which she decides to put it aside first. “Yeah?” Daehyun smiles as he takes her hand. “Come. The car is ready” their guest bids them farewell happily and Baekhee had to laugh when some of them says ‘make a baby!’ as loud as they can. We already have a baby, she thinks and Daehyun takes her hand with a smile.

 

He makes love to her that night for the first time as her husband. She thinks he’s sweet and caring and gentle and she thinks maybe their marriage would last forever.

 

 

One day Baekhee trips down the stairs when Daehyun had called her down for breakfast. She blacks out and they say she got a miscarriage.