Innocence

An innocent christmas

"Christmas is coming, HongBin."

He nodded nonchalantly. His attention was all to his new magazine.
SangHyuk groaned in frustration.
"It's in two days!"
"Mmhmm" 
That was all that took SangHyuk leaving in utter frustration. 
It had been a good one year since they've started dating. They were the last couple to be formed in VIXX. The rest were all planning for Christmas dates happily. Leo and Ken were huddled around the dining table, looking at deals on Leo's phone. Ravi and N were all cuddled up and watching television. All of them were having fun, only HongBin and SangHyuk were all over the place. 
Christmas is more important to them than the others. Christmas signifies their one year anniversary but yet HongBin seemed to have forgotten about it all. It honestly made SangHyuk sad. He had planned it all out the moment they got together. They would go out and grab breakfast together, dressed all nicely and smelling all fresh. Then, they would go shopping together, shoulders bumping and hands touching. After that, they would grab lunch with a sweet dessert that they would share together. After lunch, they would catch a movie and relax till dinner. At dinner, they would go to an expensive restaurant and enjoy a dinner with good view and a romantic atmosphere. After dinner, they would stand under the giant christmas tree at the central, its lights would be blinking and giant smiles would consume their faces. Lastly would be the night together as they enjoy every bit of christmas as well as their anniversary. However, it was all planned out too soon. SangHyuk's high hopes were crushed. He regretted having high expectations only to get disappointed now. He collapsed on his bed and gave a final disappointed sob before falling asleep.
 
He tapped and tapped on the keyboard busily. The light from the screen illuminated his handsome face. He browsed and scanned. He smiled. He giggled but stopped. It was way past midnight now, he didn't want to wake anybody up, especially SangHyuk. Everything was done by the time of 4:37am. He was worn out. His eyes were blurry and his head hurt a little. They had been rushing a schedule just hours ago, everybody fell into deep sleep right after. Being it past midnight, it meant that today's finally the long-awaited day-off, christmas. He set his alarm and went into a deep sleep. He couldn't afford to waste any more energy. He had a long day ahead of him!
His alarm beeped loudly. Everybody except for SangHyuk and him were out. It was 11am. The house was quiet and peaceful. He quickly went to wash up. It was finally time for his plan to take place. It was his pure luck that SangHyuk was still asleep and he was truly thankful for that. He can't afford to ruin it now.
"SangHyuk? SangHyuk you pig, wake up!" HongBin placed his heavy weight onto the young boy. He coughed abruptly and peeled open his eyes, his sight blurry. He was seriously exhausted after everything yesterday.
"What?" His voice came out raspy and deep. 
"Come on! I have something for you!"
HongBin dragged a barely awake SangHyuk out of the room and to the dining room.
His eyesight cleared up that very moment as he tried to take everything in. The plain dining room now was furnished nicely with a black velvet cloth placed nicely over the tabletop, jewels hung down the usually plain lamp and the walls were plastered with the million photos of him, HongBin and both of them together. On the table laid two plates of delicious looking steak. A set of utensils were placed nicely by the side of the plate and two wineglasses were nicely placed at the side. All of these were done by HongBin and HongBin alone. 
He thought that HongBin forgot about it, he thought HongBin didn't care about it. He was wrong. It brought the tears out of his eyes. His eyesight were once again blurry, but this time b with tears. He couldn't believe his sight. 
"Don't cry, babe." He turned towards SangHyuk and wiped away his tears with his thumbs. He had a gentle smile on his handsome face. All these belonged to SangHyuk alone. "Go wash up now! I'll pour you a glass of water since you just woke up alright?"
He nodded. He felt silly but he couldn't care much. He just felt the happiness overloading inside him.
They ate the lunch happily, chatting and laughing just as usual. They caught an old movie-Titanic-after that, all cuddled up on the couch, SangHyuk's head resting on HongBin's chest. He didn't even cared about his hopes anymore. Even though it didn't went like how he thought it would, this was more than enough to touch his heart.
"And so, I baked us a cake!" HongBin grinned. They just finished a fulfilling dinner made by HongBin and SangHyuk. They had fun. The kitchen's all messy and sauce as well as flour were everywhere and even on themselves. 
HongBin brought out a cake, a baby blue one. It was a fairly small cake. Cream laced the sides of the round cake. "Happy 1 Year with you!" was drawn on with a darker shade of blue on the cake. HongBin's failed attempt at drawing them both decorated the space below. It was a simple yet perfect cake. 
Truly, it had been a wild roller coaster ride before but now, SangHyuk could not wish for anything more. He was content, maybe a little too happy. He didn't mind not going out. He instead cherished the times they were at home today alone. It was more than enough, probably even better than going out for a date. He had high hopes for today but he would rather a handmade cake by his darling than a simple cliché date. He was happy at how simple but yet sweet his boyfriend was to him and to think HongBin belonged to him entirely was overwhelming. He felt happy wholeheartedly and if he could, he wouldn't even change what happened today. It was the simple actions that made it big and he liked that better than any other. 
 
"Looks like they've made up." Ken grinned happily, his arms linked together with Leo's. There HongBin and SangHyuk laid. SangHyuk's arms were wrapped around HongBin's body and his head was on his chest. HongBin had his hand clutching onto SangHyuk's shoulder as if he would run away in his sleep. It was innocent but it was beautiful. 
"WHO MESSED UP THE DAMN KITCHEN?!" came another scream from the outside. Ken glanced over Leo's shoulder, towards the door in annoyance before groaning.
"N-hyung really?"