Christmas Decorations

Christmas Decorations - Jinyoung

Light snow fell over the city, covering the ground with a light dusting as the dark clouds halted above, to stay the night. With the moon’s light blotted out with the dense clouds, the city’s lights grew along the streets and up towards the heavy clouds. Temperatures continued to drop with every passing hour, creating frosty ice on every window.

Being all nice and warm inside your apartment that you and your boyfriend, Jinyoung, shared together, you two beamed at the night that the two of you had been planning for a few weeks now.

"Did we get all of the Christmas decorations?" You asked picking up a stack of two light boxes in your arms while Jinyoung held a heavy one between his arms.

"Yep, I even checked twice~" He remarked with a chuckle lining his words. The two of you carefully made your way out of the small storage room in your apartment that you two bought together.

Placing the boxes in your arms with the few other boxes in the corner, you lifted the folds of cardboard, revealing the beautiful Christmas decorations inside.

"Should we decorate the tree first?" Jinyoung questioned coming over behind you as he started to look for the strings of lights.

"That’s a great idea!" You beamed at him with glistening eyes. "What should we decorate the tree with this year?"

"I like the ornaments that we made together last year" Jinyoung filed through the boxes before finding the lights.

"W-Why do you want those?" You questioned pulling out a little stack of them, "We only made those because all of my relatives were sleeping." You chuckled at the memory.

"But that is why I want them~ So we can showcase all of our memories to all that see our tree" He walked beside you and glanced over your shoulder, while you thumbed through the pile of photos that had various attachments to hang on the tree.

"No one is going to see this tree but us, Jin" You replied quietly

"I know but we will see them and that is what matters" He wrapped his arms around your stomach, gently resting his chin on your shoulder. "What do you want to decorate the tree with?"

"Candy canes and the ball ornaments" You tilted your head back and looked at him with bright eyes.

"I am sure that we can do both, we have a beautiful, full tree to decorate" He kissed your cheek lovingly before pulling his arms away from you.

"I’ll get started on the lights then we can decorate it" He patted your side lightly with his hand before heading off to the tree.

Stringing the lights around and around, he finally finished and lit them up as the colorful lights happily lined the full branches of the Christmas tree. Coming over with the ornaments that you had chosen, you placed your traditional Christmas balls and Candy Canes on the tree while Jinyoung hung the pictures of the two of you on the tree.

A few cherry Christmas songs later, the two of you stood back to gaze at your fully decorated tree. Raking your eyes up and down the tree, your eyes lit up with the twinkling lights while you saw the pictures of the two of you along with the colorful candy canes hanging on the strong branches.

"I think this is our best tree yet" He grinned at you, moving closer to you and wrapping his arm around your waist. 

"This is our first tree, so it has to be the best" You look up at him with bright twinkling eyes. Pressing his lips against your temple, he rubbed your side as his other hand wrapped around you letting his cream knit sweater wrap around you.

"We should decorate the rest of this before it gets too late" You leaned your head against his shoulder, closing your eyes for a moment.

"Where do we start?" Jinyoung cooed softly against your hair.

"I can decorate the kitchen and entry" You offered with a smile

"I will decorate the rest of this room" He smiles down at you before running off to the pile of boxes to find the decorations.

"What are you doing?" You questioned, folding your arms over one another while you cocked one hip out, watching him rummage through the boxes.

"Seeing who can decorate the fastest" He frantically looked through the boxes for the garland that hung across the mantel.

"Okay but decorate it well" You walked over to him and ruffled his hair before placing a kiss in his hair then lifting the kitchen decoration box into your arms and carried it to the island.

Folding back the flaps of the box, you pulled out the towels and hung them on the handle of the oven with care, glancing into the living room, you watched Jinyoung laying the garland over the mantle, carefully setting framed pictures of your families and a few candles along the wood hearth.

A smile pulled on your lips before you hung the wreath on the front of the door. Placing your decorations all around, you happily hummed to the radio while you placed little decorations here and there.

Meanwhile, Jinyoung was busy trying to find the perfect spot for the last decoration in the box. The mistletoe.

Looking all around, he found the perfect place to hang it. Placing it right above the largest window he made sure it looked perfect and wouldn’t fall as he moved the boxes out of the room. Staging the room with a blanket draped over the back of the couch, pulling a few wrapped presents from the closet, he placed them under the tree. Lighting the fireplace, he turned the lights down low and lit the candles around the room while the tree sparkled with its lights.

"Babe, can you come and help me?" He cooed, biting his lip slightly as he overlooked his hard work.

"Coming~" You cooed from the kitchen, placing the last decoration in it’s place, you trotted into the living room with an empty box hanging from your hands. Setting down the emptied box you walked over to him with a smile lingering on your lips.

"What do you need help with, love?" You questioned while standing in front of him, watching him fidget a little, he looked out the window for a moment as your eyes followed his.

Seeing the enlarged flakes start to fall and stick to the window, you smiled seeing the ice build up around the edges. Moving your eyes back to his, he looked upwards.

"I needed help with a tradition" He smirked, your eyes lifted to see the mistletoe above your heads. Chuckling, you bit your lip and looked down at your socked feet that were nearly touching his.

Bringing his forefinger under your chin, he gently lifted your head with his fingers bringing your eyes back to his. The room went silent, only with the popping and crackling of the fire to accompany the Christmas carols humming over the radio.

His chocolate eyes glistened beautifully, your heart started to pick up with every beat, stepping forward slightly, your toes rested on top of his. The gentle touch of his thumb grazed across your chin then up your jawline while his hand adjusted to the nape of your neck. Raising your hands to his sides, your fingers slowly wrapped around the soft fabric of his favorite sweater.

Flickering his eyes down to your lips then biting his gently before his eyes locked with yours, the soft glow of the fire made his face shine with passion and love. Leaning in towards your lips, you leaned your head the other way, the distance between your lips closed slowly as his pink, soft lips pressed against yours.

Your heart soared feeling him kiss you, so lovingly, so deeply making every one of his kisses feel like the first. The picture perfect moment lasted what seemed like forever before he broke the kiss gradually to breathe. Sliding your eyes open slowly, you were greeted with his beautiful brown eyes once more.

Snaking his arms around you, the two of you pulled one another together. With your head rested on his shoulder and his hand gently petting your hair, nothing could beat this moment, this beautiful moment that you shared with the love of your life on your first Christmas as a couple.