1/1

Of Donuts & Public Restrooms

 

 

 

Kim Jinwoo has that constipated expression again and Seunghoon tries hard not to laugh.

 

He's sure that guy at the bar counter is just looking at his bright yellow socks and has no intention of harm him, but Jinwoo, his super-duper special bodyguard, seems to have another opinion about it.

 

Okay, I'll go, punch him and be right back,” he announces, stopping in the middle of the airport hallway. “Don't talk with strangers while I'm not here.”

 

Seunghoon stops him right away. “Leave him alone, he's not doing anything.”

 

He's looking at you,” it's Jinwoo stern reply.

 

So it's everyone else around me, it's hard to go unnoticed when you're famous”

 

Jinwoo looks around quickly, noticing everyone is indeed looking at his employer, and the wrinkles on his forehead increase. Seunghoon laughs before he can help it.

 

You're too cute to be a bodyguard,” he smiles and Jinwoo presses his lips in a tight line, ignoring the pike dive his heart makes everytime Seunghoon smiles like that.

 

 

*

 

 

 

Seunghoon is tired. The flight has been a long one and he just wants to bury himself under a couple of blankets and sleep until the next morning.

 

He's sipping his coffee at the small shop of the airport and the only thing that comforts him a little is the big donuts he's about to eat. He already has his mouth half open over the sugar-coated surface when he hears a low sound in his ear.

 

Psst”

 

He turns around and spots Jinwoo half a meter away from him, his usual long black coat, black sunglasses and a big black hat he didn't remember ever seeing him wearing.

 

What are you doing?” He asks, puzzled, holding the donuts in front of him.

 

Jinwoo takes it with a quick movement and lowers his sunglasses a bit. “Don't worry, it's me. Kim Jinwoo.”

 

Seunghoon coughs a little to hide a laugh. “Ohh, I would have never guessed.”

 

I know right? I'm disguising myself,” Jinwoo looks around the shop. “I bet there are many people here who wants to harm you.”

 

I don't think-”

 

Hence why I need to check there's no poison in this donuts,” Jinwoo goes on. He swallows hard, looking at the pink donuts with suspicious eyes. “If I die, please remember to proofcheck the background of your future bodyguard carefully. I will come back to hunt you as a ghost if you pick a lame guard.”

 

Seunghoon just smiles, finding the whole situation amusing. Jinwoo is just too adorable. “I'm sure there'll be no need for that.”

 

Well, anyway - goodbye, just in case,” Jinwoo nods to his employer before biting the donuts with an extremely serious look on his face. Seunghoon has to cover his mouth with one hand to hold back his laughter.

 

Sixty-two seconds later, his bodyguard realizes he has probably survived the lethal danger and hands the donuts back to his employer.

 

It's safe,” he looks proud. “You can eat that now.”

 

Seunghoon looks back and forth from the nibbled donuts to Jinwoo's mouth. His bodyguard has sugar all over his lips and his eyebrows furrowed, looking exactly like an angry child who has just dropped his ice-cream.

 

He can't hold it back anymore and starts laughing out loud.

 

Jinwoo looks surprised, hides a bit more under his ridiculous large hat and looks around. “Stop it, people might notice you!”

 

Seunghoon brushes his thumb on Jinwoo's lips, removing all the sugar. He's smiling from ear to ear. “You're really too cute to be a bodyguard.”

 

Jinwoo just grunts and use that useless hat to hide his blushing cheeks.

 

 

 

*

 

 

 

Seunghoon leaves the cubicle to the sound of agitated voices coming from outside the toilet. He's still fixing his pants and shirt as he gets to the sink to wash his hands. He looks around and he's surprised to find Jinwoo in front of the now locked door of the public bathroom. His bodyguard looks deadly serious while he keeps his back on the door, and Seunghoon can hear loud protests coming from outside.

 

You locked the door? How?”

 

Jinwoo doesn't show off. “I have my methods. I needed to make sure the place was safe,” he simply replies.

 

Seunghoon shakes his head, an amused smile on his lips. “You do realize this is a public service and you can't just lock people out of it?”

 

Jinwoo doesn't even flinch. “My job is to protect you. This is my priority.”

 

Seunghoon looks at the pretty pout on his lips – which Jinwoo thinks is some aggressive look of his while it's actually just extremely cute -, his furrowed eyebrows on his determined deer eyes. He can't help it, he just can't take his handsome bodyguard seriously even while he's supposedly doing he's job.

 

He slowly steps closer to him, his smile getting wider and wider as he notices how Jinwoo tries to avoid his gaze.

 

You're definitely too cute to be a bodyguard”

 

Jinwoo closes his eyes and sighs. “Please stop saying that.”

 

Why? It's the truth,” Seunghoon is in front of him now and Jinwoo has to look up to meet his employer's eyes. He hates it. He is supposed to be the taller one since he needs to protect him.

 

You're too cute to be the bodyguard of any man but me,” Seunghoon explains, a wide grin spreading on his face as he looks at Jinwoo's shocked expression. His red cheeks are a way too adorable vision too handle. “I would get mad jealous if I ever saw you by another man's side. I'm a very strict employer.”

 

The last words are just whispers on the bodyguard's lips, Seunghoon leans forward and Jinwoo just closes his eyes, the whole of his face burning like fire now. His last thought before the blackout that is Seunghoon's kiss is that he really has the best job in the world.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

---

Notes: my first serious attempt at Jinhoon. I enjoyed it, even if it was short.

Hope you liked it!