This Couldn't Be Coincidence

This Couldn't Be Coincidence

My name is Do Kyungsoo. I wasn't one of the most popular guys in school but I really didn't care at all. I was happy with the few friends I had, because I knew they liked me. I didn't need 'friends', who bad mouth about me behind my back. I just didn't need them. There was just one person I really wanted to get closer with: Kim Jongin. The most popular guy in school. But that was the problem. He didn't hang out with losers like me. He was always surrounded by girls and it really hurt to see that.

I walked along the corridor towards my locker to open it. Like always I felt like someone was watching me. It had started a few weeks ago. Wherever I went, I had the feeling that someone was following me.

As I opened my locker, a blue note fell out. I stared at the note before kneeling down to grab it.

'You're very handsome today :)'

Not again...

I looked around, but nobody was there. I was all alone, now staring back at the note.

Suddenly, the school bell rangs, so I just put the note into my bag and closed my locker to walk to my next class. I didn't really know what to think of this, I just tried to push those thoughts away. And actually I was kinda used to it cause at the same time I received the first note, I started to feel like someone was following me. But I didn't really care. Who should that be? It probably was just a girl who had a crush on me. But what should I do? I didn't like girls. I was gay. Right, I was a loser who liked boys. To be honest, I even was in love. In love with Kim Jongin.

I walked to my next class and sat down. This was my favorite class, because I shared it with Jongin.

Since I sat in the last row, I could always look at him if I wanted to. As I unpacked my stuff, another note fell out of my bag. I stopped moving and looked at the note before finally taking it.

I felt someone staring at me so I looked up. I looked into beautiful brown eyes and I couldn't believe who they actually belonged to. Kim Jongin. He was looking at me. My heart skipped a beat.

Why the hell was he looking at me? He didn't have a reason to!

As soon as I looked back at him, he turned his head abruptly. What the hell? I raised my eyebrows a little but decided to concentrate on the note again.

'Mind to find out who I am?'

Finding out who you were? You probably were just an annoying girl, why should I wanna find out? I sighed and was about to put it back into my bag, but somehow I was curious about who it was. Maybe it wasn't just an annoying girl like I had thought? I stared at the short sentence on the note. But how the heck should I be able to find out without any information?!

My thoughts wandered back to him.

Why did he look at me? He had never looked at me before. So why now?

I tried to focus on the teacher but Jongin didn't leave my mind so I ended up staring out of the window.

"Do Kyungsoo! Aren't you listening?!" A loud voice snapped me out of my daze, making me focus on the person in front of me.

"Ah, yes...I'm sorry, I'm listening" I bowed my head a little to apologize.

"Jongin is going to be your partner for this project, understood?" I nodded slowly repeating what the teacher just said in my mind. He glared at me but I didn't care at that moment. I should make a project with him!? He couldn't be serious...

While the teacher was turning around again, I looked at Jongin. He was staring at me. Again! AndIi could tell that he also smiled a little. Kim Jongin, the Kim Jongin was smiling at me?!

My heart started to beat like crazy as soon as I realized it and I felt my body getting weak. I've never blushed before but I could swear my cheeks became a slight shade of pink at this moment. I really didn't want to know how stupild I looked but I couldn't help it.

Hopefully, Jongin didn't notice any of it.

As soon as the lesson ended, Jongin walked up to me. I tried to control my feels to talk to him properly.

"Hey" This voice...

I looked up, but before my eyes met his, I noticed a girl wearing really short clothes standing next to him.

Oh yeah, right, I almost forgot...

My heart clunched a little but I tried to ignore it.

"Where shall we meet? Your house? Or mine?" He just stared at me. Oh, how I hated this side of him. He was always acting all cool when he was with others, but since I had a crush on him, I knew everything. I knew he was completely different when he was alone and I fell in love with his cute and idiotic side.

"I don't care" I simply said, causing him to raise his eyebrow. "Well, then it's your house"

I just nodded and although I didn't look at him directly, I could see him staring at me a little longer, before turning around to leave.

I sighed while he was walking away. Why was he acting like this after he had smiled at me like that after he heard that I was going to be his partner? What the hell was wrong with him? Aiishhh, why did I fall in love again?

I pushed these thoughts away and walked off. It was my last class this day, so I made my way home. Wait...did he know where I live? I didn't think so.

While walking, my mobile suddenly vibrated. I took it out and stared at the screen. 'Unknown number'. Without hesitation, I opened the text message.

'Where do you live? I'll come over...you know...the project'

My eyes widened. Where the heck did he get my mobile number from?! I felt my heatbeat getting faster than before as I moved my finger to the 'answer' button. What should I answer? I honestly didn't know, I couldn't think clear anymore. The fact that he had my mobile number without me knowing it made me turn into a complete idiot. But in the end I decided to tell him my address in a simple message and received a cold 'Okay'.

As soon as I reached my home, I saw Jongin leaning against the wall. He already was here? He looked up to me and smiled a little. , stop smiling at me like that!

I looked at the ground to clear my mind but that didn't really help so I just let it be.

"You're here" I simply said. He just nodded as a response.

I felt like I was in hell. I couldn't just talk to him like that.

I pulled out the keys and unlocked the door. Jongin followed me quietly.

"Have you thought of a topic yet?" He suddenly asked.

"Not really, what about you?" Jongin shook his head. Well, how could I've expected that he had thought about it.

This was going to get worse every passing minute.

I noticed Jongin looking around with a blank expression on his face. "You're house is quite big"

"...Do you want something to drink?" I completely ignored what he just said. Jongin looked at me immediately. What the hell was I doing? Or better why the did I do this? I really had to clear my mind.

"...Why not" Jongin answered shortly. While walking into the kitchen, I mentally facepalmed myself for the I was doing.

After a few minutes I came back with two glasses of coke. "Here" I handed one to him.

"So..we still need a topic" I looked at him.

"Kyungsoo" He turned his head to me and looked into my eyes. What the heck?! My heart began to beat like crazy again and I didn't really get what was happening. I barely could think. My heartbeat was too loud to hear anthing else and I couldn't concentrate on anything anymore.

Suddenly Jongin held something in front of my face. It was...a note. A blue note. I just stared at it without doing anything until I slowly realized what just happened. I blinked a few times before reading hesitantly.

'This can't be coincidence, right?'

I didn't get it. I slowly looked up to him, he was still staring at me. He was really nervous, I could tell. What was happening here? I had too many thoughts in my mind, I was completely lost. What did that mean?

"What..?", was the only word I was able to speak out loud.

"That our teacher chose us to be partners..."

I still didn't get anything and it looked like he knew it. Okay, how could he not know it with the big question marks I had written all over my face.

"I...had asked you before if you want to find out who I am..."

"You- ...wait..." My eyes widened as soon as I realized it "You wrote all of them?!" My heart stopped and I felt like falling into a big dark hole. He couldn't be serious, could he? This couldn't be reality, this just wasn't possible. He couldn't be the one who wrote all these notes. It was a girl, I had been sure about that. He didn't have a reason to write all of them! This was definitely a dream.

My eyes started to get wet but I had to hold back my tears. I couldn't just cry in front of him.

He smiled a little and nodded shyly. "Yes...I wrote them" Jongin stared at me with this cute smile on his face I fell in love with.

I couldn't do anything else than looking at him with my mouth wide opened. This wasn't real, this was a dream. This just couldn't be real! He didn't like losers like me, why was he saying something like this? Did he want to hurt me?!

I couldn't hold back my tears anymore. They felt down like big, heavy raindrops. 'Kyungsoo, you have to stop crying. You can't cry in front of him! What are you doing?!' I thought. I wasn't aware of what was happening at this moment until I felt soft lips pressing against mine. What the-? Was he kissing me?! Why did he do that? I couldn't take it anymore and gave in. I had to kiss him just once, beore he'd tear my heart into hundred of pieces.

Jongin pulled back after a few seconds and stared deep into my eyes. 'Stop it. Just stop looking at me like that!'

Suddenly, he said something.

"I love you...Kyungsoo-ah~"

My eyes widened. What did he just say?! He loved me?!

"Stop crying" I noticed him wiping my tears away but that didn't help at all. It just caused me to cry even more.

He pulled me into his embrace and caressed my back. What was he doing? Why was he doing this to me?

"I'm serious...I have liked you ever since I saw you for the first time in my life. You were standing at this old knotty tree. The wind was blowing your hair out of your face and I was overwhelmed by your beauty. I started to like you even more...but I was afraid to tell you...Kyungsoo-ah~" He looked at me, smiling weak. "Will you be my boyfriend?"

My heart stopped. He was serious, like he really liked me. What should I do? Yes I wanted to be his boyfriend, I loved him like no one else did!

I opened my mouth to say something but nothing came out, so I took all my strength and managed to nod slowly.

Jongins smile grew wider as I did so and he came closer to kiss me again. But this time more passionate.

Thanks god for letting me be his partner in this project.