Eu Kyang Kyang

Eleven

The manager's just left. It's up to Yunho. Now, or never. He can't even wait until next year, because they'll all be in the army. Except for Changmin. That young boy will have to wait for another two years to sing. Poor guy. Having spent more than 12 years with him, Yunho knows just how much Changmin loves to sing.

And he knows that as much as Changmin pretends not to care for his plans, the young man has the same hopes as him. 

At least for Changmin's sake, he has to make sure he succeeds this year.

Yunho stares into space for another thirty seconds, before deciding that it's time to leave.

He takes his car keys and shoves them ungraciously into his pocket, his heart hammering against his chest as he slowly shuts the door behind him.

In stead of taking the car, Yunho pulls a baseball hat out of his backpack and slips it on, pulling the rim over his face like a visor, protecting him from the stares of the fans he knows he will encounter. He takes quick strides, his footfalls light and springy in anticipation of what must succeed. 

Just for this day, he must go and not come back. Just for this day, his plans must be as successful as possible. 

 

*****

It is eleven o'clock, and Junsu suddenly finds himself wide awake. Tiny beams of sunlight shine into the spacious room and as he glances at the glass of water on his wooden side table, Junsu realizes just how parched his throat is. He grabs the glass, and pours the water into his wide-stretched mouth, the sound of the liquid as it gushes through the air relaxing his uneasy mind. 

He knows of the plan, of course he does, but he doesn't know whether or not it will happen as easily as Yunho thinks it will. Junsu trusts in Yunho. He knows that his leader is clever, but is he clever enough? Their respective companies will not allow this. He knows they won't.

Deciding that pondering will not improve the chances of Yunho managing to escape, Junsu picks his most comfortable, yet most fashionable clothes: a pair of faded jeans, a white, collared shirt, a snug sweater, and a black, hooded jacket.

Junsu stalls around, looking for something to do. He knows he should get going, but he does not want to leave his house anymore. What if the plan fails? Their managers won't be too happy... Either way, they won't be too happy...

 

A few minutes of silence later, his phone begins to sing, TVXQ's harmonious melodies filling the room with a sweet tune. It's Jaejoong. 

"Where are you?!" Jaejoong's voice is barely above a whisper, yet Junsu can hear the urgency in his voice. 

"I'm at home..." Junsu replies quietly. 

"You're-What?! D'you know what time it is?! Quick! Come! You need to do the decorations!"

 

*****

 

On the set, Yoochun acts out his lines as naturally as possible. He focuses harder onto learning his lines, and puts more effort into contorting his face the way the director has told him to. He is not too worried about the plan, for he knows that it can happen. 

As soon as he finishes the scene, he rushes for a toilet break to check for any new messages. Yoochun switches his phone on and, without warning, a rush of text messages appear in groups: fifteen from Jaejoong, eight from Yunho, and one from Junsu. 

All of the ones from Jaejoong seem to end in exclamation marks to show his indignation at Yoochun's refusal to reply. Hastily, he assures him that he is ready to leave, not forgetting to remind him that it would take him at least two hours to get from the filming set to their meeting place. 

The eight from Yunho were regular updates on his whereabouts. Yoochun forwards the message he has just sent Jaejoong to Yunho, but he adds a line:

'Happy 11th leader!'

As he sneaks out of the rest room, Yoochun takes furtive glances, not unlike the ones he has just acted out in the previous scene. Stealthily, he pulls his jacket off the back of his chair, and runs off, not looking back. His manager's car awaits him dutifully, and Yoochun does not have to think twice before scarpering, a large burlap sack in tow.

 

*****

 

Jaejoong is in the kitchen, his phone clutched tightly in his flour-draped hand as he uses his stylus to furiously jab away at the cowering phone screen. They're going to be late!

A few moments later, he slams the phone down on top of the window sill, jumping when he realises that he hasn't cooked the chicken yet. 

"Dear lord, please help m-I. AM. NOT. GOING. TO. LET. THIS. SLIDE. BY, JUNSU! NO. MORE. OF. YOUR. DIRTY. LITTLE. SNEAKY. ACTS!" 

Sniggering, Junsu runs away from Jaejoong's heavy ladle, screaming as it falls onto his bulging backside. 

Jaejoong smirks. 

"Have you finished yet?" asks Junsu, innocently, massaging his behind.

"It's your fault! I have to keep on stopping to make sure that you're all on track!" Jaejoong retorts.

"Which we are, thank you very much," gloats Junsu, smugly, "Whereas you... How's the kimchi jjigae doing, hm?"

"Very well, thank you very mu-aaahhhh!" Jaejoong's proud tone suddenly turns into a yelp as he runs to rescue what otherwise will have been an overcooked kimchi stew.

After managing to revive his cooking, Jaejoong continues making the rest of the food on his menu, and as much as he's happy about the plan, and as much as he thinks they can succeed, he knows that he needs full co-operation from the rest of them. Poor Jaejoong. Junsu crept up on him and pinched his foot. Poor guy.

 

*****

 

In the van, Changmin's eyes are puffy as he sleeps; the sasaengs' commotion had reached an all time high last night - it is their 11th anniversary after all. 

Aah... How nice... Mmm... 

"Changmin. Changmin, wake up. Wake up!" His shoulders are roughly shaken as a man urges him to wake. 

Changmin springs up, wincing as he hits his head on the van's roof.

"Hah, careful now, don't want to mess your hair up!" says his supply manager.

Changmin scowls. (What an stupid, heartless little retard, he thinks) On days like these, he misses his manager. This supply one isn't much good. His own manager called in sick, apparently.

Shaking his head surreptitiously, Changmin steps out of the van amidst screams and cries of the group of fans ahead. His manager pulls him through to the airport, and Changmin follows hurriedly, eager to escape the hoards of fans that have been chasing him for the past year or so. 

"Changdola!" cries a familiar voice.

"Yunho!" whispers Changmin incredulously, "You came!"

Yunho breaks into a run as he nears the new manager and his group of assisstants. 

"Help! The vice president at the company's asked for you - there's an urgent problem with your salary, I think..."

"My salary?! Mine?! I knew it! I knew that fool would deduct a few thousand Won!"

"I know! Better go off to see why," Yunho says, feigning concern, "I think the problem's spread out to all of you as well, because they need you all back at the main building."

Widespread confusion between the staff spreads, and soon, the lot of them rush out, eager to find out why their wage has been reduced without reason. 

Finally, their travel coordinator is the only one remaining. "But what about you? You need someone to take you there."

"Ah, sir, I believe we've been to Japan enough times to know how to arrive safely," says Yunho convincingly.

The man looks at him, unsure of what to do.

"You can go on, your money's on the line! Don't worry!" Yunho persists.

"Wha-Oh, alright then, but I'm not responsible if anything happens to you." The man's lip forms a tight line but he briskly sets off, but the fans still remained. 

"Okay, listen, I need you to go to the toilet. He's going to meet you there. You follow his instructions and behave. Understood?" Commands Yunho.

"No, wait, what? Who am I meeting in the toilet?!"

"Someone you know. We've discussed this before. Now go." Yunho's word is final and Changmin senses this, so he obeys without further ado.

In the restroom, Yoochun lies in ambush. And waits. And waits. And waits. Luckily, no one has come inside, or they'd be inside the sack instead of Changmin...  

 

*****

 

The walls of the entire house had been covered with pictures and pieces of text and newspaper clippings and the most random memories of TVXQ's time as a five member group. These, of course, have come from the many time capsules which Junsu has taken exactly three hours and forty-three minutes to locate and dig out of their old apartment's garden. 

Of course, it has paid off, and rather dearly too.

In the living room, Jaejoong has laid out five pristine dishes in a neat circle, each one surrounded by 5 small candles, which are still unlit. In the middle of the table, large serving bowls have been arranged in the shape of a constellation: Cassiopeia; kimchi jjigae, shredded beef soup, chicken, fluffy rice, and an assortment of homemade Korean pickles (courtesy of Jaejoong, of course). To Junsu's hungry eyes, this is a wonderful sight and he cannot help but reach for a bit of roast chicken drumstick, his teeth sinking into the luxury that is the tender meat. 

"The chicken tastes quite nice by the way,"

"You took some?!" Jaejoong cannot help but get annoyed; he'd counted the pieces of chicken, and made sure that there was enough to please Changmin!

"My pleasure," replies Junsu with a teasing smile.

Jaejoong is about to roll his eyes, but the doorbell rings shrilly, and he hastens to answer to it.

"It's them!" He exclaims in delight. 

 

As soon as the door is opened, a slight scuffle is heard as Yoochun and Yunho drag a very human-sized (and shaped!) sack into the spacious hallway. 

A muffled squeal of pain is heard as the parcel is dropped onto the marble floor. "CAN SHOMEONE GET ME OUTTA HEE? I CANNOSH BWEATHE! HEEELPPP!"

Junsu rushes to untie the knot at the top of the bundle, wondering who on Earth was in there, and why Yunho and Yoochun have thought it would be a good idea to put said person in a sack...

A thatch of untidy, dark brown hair appears, and as the captive glares up, Junsu recognizes him - Changmin! His younger brother thatneverreallytreatedhimwithrespect, yet nonetheless, it was his Changmin!

"MINNIEEEE!"

"JUNSHU!"

"OK, let's go in now, shall we?" ushers Yunho happily, "We'll formally meet in the living room! Let's go!"

 

Once in the salon, TVXQ and JYJ stand facing each other, taking each other in, observing each other, tears streaming down their faces as they run into each other's arms, too overcome by emotion to care that the food was getting cold or that in Japan, TVXQ should have been attending to some stupid "issue" with Avex. What mattered was that they were finally together after five long and hard years. 

They are complete once again, for Yunho, Jaejoong, Yoochun, Junsu, and Changmin were all present in that house, laughing and sobbing, playing and eating, and most importantly, being happy as a five membered group. 

 

 

*****

 

"Yunho hwaiting!" they all shout.

"Jaejoong hwaiting!" they all shout.

"Yoochun hwaiting!" they all shout.

"Changmin hwaiting!" they all shout.

Silence.

"Junsu hwaiting!" Junsu shouts.

 

Eu Kyang Kyang!