final

The Way You Looked At Me

            Kris felt uncomfortably when he was reading his own writing in writting class. He felt someone watching over him, so he turned his head to find the person. He was right. There was Luhan, his classmate, looking at him with his eyes widened then lowered his face to avoid him. Kris sighed then continued reading his writing. It was not the first time he caught Luhan up from secretly watching over him. He never complained about that though, but he felt uneasy by Luhan’s habit. Why did he do that? He thought curiously.

            “Stop writing, everyone!” Prof. Huang commanded. “You may continue your writing at home and submit it next week,” he said which made the class sigh in relief. “But I’m going to give you a group project.” The class groaned for hearing the other assignment, so Prof. Huang knocked on the table to make them silent. “The project is not difficult,” he said. “You only need to make a dialogue in english about social media. I also have made the groups, so you don’t have to find your partner.”

            Kris sighed then looked at Jessica who was sitting on the corner. There’s no chance to be in the same group with her, he thought sadly then started to listen to Prof. Huang who was mentioning the student’s name and other’s that will be in the same group.

            “Group 1, Shin SooHyun and Kim KiBum. Group 2, Jessica Jung and Kim TaeYeon. Group 3, Xiumin Kim and Sunny Lee. Group 4, Kris Wu and Luhan...”

            Kris widened his eyes when he listened Luhan’s name who would be his partner. Then he turned his head again to see Luhan who also widened his eyes in surprised. Kris sighed again. I’m in the same group with that freak, he thought irritably.

            When Prof. Huang had finished mentioning all of the students’ names, the bell rang, which signed the class ended and it was time to go home. “Ok, that’s all for today. The group project should have be done the day after tomorrow.”

            Everyone packed up his or hers things before went out of the room. Kris glanced at Jessica who was talking with Taeyeon. At least she’s in the same group with her best friend while I...

            “Uhm! Sorry...” Luhan’s voice made Kris jump a bit in surprised. He lowered his head as he rubbed his neck timidly. “I-I want to... I want to talk about... uhm, our group’s project,” he stuttered without looking at Kris.

            Kris tilted his head as he looked at Luhan. “You know,” he said. “You’re attitude is quite rude because you don’t look at me while talking.”

            “S-sory...” Luhan still stuttered then slowly lifted up his head to face Kris.

            Kris chuckled to see Luhan’s face redden like a boiled lobster. “You want to talk about our group’s project, huh? Then go on.”

            Luhan gulped nervously. “Do you have time to start our project tomorrow after school?” he asked.

            “Hmmm... it’s fine,” Kris answered. “Where will we do that? In my house?”

            “But I don’t know where your house is.”

           “We go there together after school, you fool~” Kris said as he pushed Luhan’s forehead with his index finger.

            “Ouch! Isn’t that rude?” Luhan’s murmured as he rubbed his forehead in upset.

            Kris chuckled. “Yes, it is. Sorry...” he said as he caressed Luhan’s forehead.

            “Kris hyung,” suddenly Chanyeol called Kris in the outside of the class.

            Kris waved his hand to Chanyeol and smiled widely at him. Then he looked at Luhan. “There’s something you want to talk again?” he asked then Luhan shook his head in response. “Okay, then. Bye!” he waved at Luhan then left him.

            “It’s weird to see you talking with Luhan-ssi,” Chanyeol said as they passed the school gate. “You never talked with him.”

            “It’s because of writing group project,” Kris said as he stretched out his arms. “Prof. Huang matched up the students and Luhan and I are in the same group by then.” He looked at Chanyeol and smirked. “Why? Are you jealous?” he teased.

            “I’m not~” Chanyeol answered, tried hard not to show what he really felt inside, but he could not control his face which turned red in a sudden.

            “Don’t lie to me~” Kris said then he hugged Chanyeol’s shoulder. “I know you’re jealous~ But you don’t have to be worried. It’s just a group project.”

            “Yaaahh... hyung, why don’t you believe me? I’m not jealous!”

            “Of course I can’t believe you. Your face tells that you’re jealous,” Kris said. “Oh! There’s the bus! Let’s go get there!”

 

***

 

            On the next day...

            “Look, hyung! He watches over you again,” Chanyeol whispered to Kris when they were playing basketball together with Xiumin, Chen, Baekhyun, and Lay at the break time.

            Kris frowned at Chanyeol confusedly. “Who?”

            Chanyeol rolled his eyes. “Who else? Luhan-ssi.”

            Kris turned his face and looked around the field then he found Luhan sitting on the audience’s seats. Luhan turned his face away again. Kris sighed.

            “Yah, Kris! Do you really want to play or not?” asked Xiumin.

            “Ah! Yeah,” Kris said then dribbled the ball. He passed Xiumin and Lay easily then shoot the ball. He shouted cheerfully for his success the he toasted with Chanyeol and Chen. “We won, guys! We’re the winner!” he exclaimed playfully.

            “Nah! Just wait for our turn,” said Baekhyun who was dribbling the ball.

            “I wonder why he always watches over you...” Chanyeol whispered again.

            “Oh, come on, Yeol ah... We’re playing right now,” said Kris. “Let’s talk about it later and... Woah, Chen ah, don’t let him...” Kris ran to Xiumin who was about to shoot the ball. Kris jumped to avoid the ball successly shoot the ring, but he was failed. He looked bitterly at Xiumin, Lay, and Baekhyun who shouted cheerfully.

 

***

 

            The class was over, so the students prepared theirselves to go home. Kris was putting his stuff into his bag when Luhan came to him. “Oh! You’re here,” Kris said then zipped up the bag. “Are you ready to go to my house?”

            Luhan nodded timidly. Then both of them walked out of the class. Shortly after that, they met Chanyeol. Luhan frowned at him confusedly. “He will go to your house too?” he asked to Kris.

            “Hm? Oh! He?” Kris asked Luhan as he pointed at Chanyeol with his thumb. Luhan nodded in response then Kris shook his head in response to Luhan’s question. “No. We’ll just take the same bus,” he said. “Oh! By the way, this is Chanyeol.”

            Chanyeol bowed at Luhan. “Nice to meet you, Luhan-ssi,” he said.

           Luhan bowed at Chanyeol. “Nice to meet you too, but how could you know my name?” he asked confusedly.

            “He told me,” Chanyeol answered as he pointed at Kris with his index finger.

            Luhan frowned at Kris. “What did you tell about me to him?”

            “Nothing,” Kris chuckled as he gave a stare at Chanyeol. He could not say that he told Chanyeol about Luhan’s weir habit at him. He would make Luhan embarrassed. “Yeol ah, do you want to drop in to my house?” he asked to Chanyeol, trying to make another topic.

            Chanyeol shook his head. “I want to, but I can’t. I have homework to do,” he pouted.

            “Fighting!” said Kris as he ruffled Chanyeol’s hair.

            “You two are best friend, huh?” Luhan interrupted. “You are so close to each other.”

            Kris nodded in response thn hugged Chanyeol’s shoulder tightly. “He’s my lovely best friend! Look at him! Isn’t he cute?” he then pinched Chanyeol’s cheek playfully.

            Chanyeol clicked his tongue in upset. “Yah! We’re in the public,” he warned. “Don’t do this to me! I feel like a baby,” he pouted.

            Kris chuckled, but Luhan was just silent as he looked at their closeness.

 

***

 

           The rain came down when Kris and Luhan had arrived in his house. “It’s such a good luck we have been here. We’re lucky indeed,” Kris said to Luhan. “Come in!” he opened the door wide and let Luhan in.

            “Hello~” Luhan greeted to no one. “Where’s your mom?” he asked to Kris who was closing the door.

            “She’s visiting my grandma in China,” Kris answered then smiled at Luhan. “There’s no one here. Only you and I,” he said.

            Luhan frowned confusedly at Kris then gulped nervously. “Let’s do the project now!” he said after clearing his throat to ease his nerve.

            “Let’s go to my room then!”

            “Your what? Nooo... No! Let’s just do it in the living room, can we? Where is it?”

            Kris, who realized Luhan’s weird act, chuckled then pointed his index finger to the one direction. “Do you see the couch over there? That’s the room. You may go first while I’m preparing the snacks and drinks for us.”

            Luhan nodded then he walked into the room. He sat on the couch and started preparing the materials he needed, a notebook and a pen. He looked around the room while waiting for Kris. He could not believe he could be in Kris’s house. I should thank to Prof. Huang for giving me this kind if miracle, he thought happily.

            “Why are you smiling?” asked Kris in a sudden as he entered the room. He brought a tray filled with a bowl of potato chips and two glasses of water. He put the tray on the table then took a seat next to Luhan. “Are you happy being in here?”

            Luhan blushed seeing Kris’s smile and he felt his heart was about to skip. Can he read my mind? He thought worriedly. Then he let out a small chuckle and shook his head. “Come on, let’s do our project!”

            Both of them started to discuss about their project. They decided to talk about the advantages and the disadvantages of social media. Because both of them were good in English, they finished the project in fast. After that, they took a rest while eating the snacks and drinking the drinks.

            “Isn’t it weird?” asked Kris. “We’re in the same class for this semester, but we never talked to each other before and now we’re in the same group and can talk to each other pretty well.”

            Luhan chuckled then nodded. “I was scared with you. That’s why I never talked to you,” he admitted then drank his drink.

            “Really?” Kris widened his eyes in surprise. “But you were scared me too.”

            Luhan choked after Kris said so. “You... you were scared...”

            “Sorry, I didnt mean to make you choke like this,” Kris cut Luhan’s words as he patted Luhan’s back lightly.

            “No, no... It’s okay now,” said Luhan to stop Kris. He looked at Kris. “How could I be scary you?” he asked confusedly.

            “The way you looked at me,” Kris answered. “It was scary, but not really scary. And talk about this, I also wonder why you always watch over me. I feel like you’re going to kill me with your stare, but when I look at you, you always look away from me. Why did you do that?”

            Gosh, I’m caught up! Luhan thought in schok. He was silent for a moment then he cleared his throat and chuckled timidly. “S-should I tell you the truth?” he asked.

            “Yeah, sure. Why not?”

            Luhan did not answer it directly. He looked at Kris for a while then smiled. “It’s because I admire you a lot, Kris.”

            Kris widened his eyes in surprise. “You... admire me?” he asked in disbelief. He then chuckled after Luhan nodded in response. “Why? I mean... I’m just anordinary student.”

            “But you have charisma when you smile. And you look warm with people you close with which makes me want to be your close friend too,” Luhan lowered his face because he felt the heat on his face and he did not want Kris to see him blushing. “I was too shy to even say hi to you and I was scared if you’d ignore me. That’s why I could only look at you in the distance.” He was silent for a moment then continued saying, “But I was wrong. You didn’t ignore me when the first time I asked you about our project. You’re really a warmest person I’ve ever met.” He braved himself to face Kris and his heart melted after seeing Kris’s smile.

            “You know, you’re my classmate and it means you’re my friend too,” Kris said. “It’snice to hear what you feel about me. Let’s be closer from now on!” Kris pulled Luhan’s hand and grabbed it tightly.

            Luhan smiled broadly then his eyes accidentaly glanced at the clock on the wall. “Woah, it’s almost seven!” he exclaimed. “I need to go home now.”

            “But it’s still raining outside,” said Kris. “Why don’t you stay here? My mom sent me a message that she will be in my grandma’s house until the day after tomorrow. I’ll be alone...” he looked at Luhan with a sad look.

            “My mom will worry me if I’m not home...”

            “Just tell her you’ll stay in here. Yes? Yes?” cut Kris as he looked at Luhan with his puppy eyes.

            Luhan was mesmerized at the first time he saw Kris’s puppy eyes. I never knew he could be this cute, he thought then nodded while chuckling.

            Kris shouted happily as he hugged Luhan tightly. “Thank you!!! I’m not be alone tonight!” he said. Shortly after that, his cellphone rang. He broke the hug then put his cellphone. It was a call from Chanyeol. Chanyeol? “Hello...”

            “Have you finished your project?” Chanyeol asked in a sudden.

            “Yes, we have. Why?”

            “Is Luhan-ssi already home?”

            Kris frowned at the question. “No. He’s still with me. Why?”

            Chanyeol groaned on the other line. “Why he isn’t home yet?”

           “Because it’s raining outside, duh! I don’t want him to be sick,” answered Kris in upset. “Seriously, Yeol ah... what’s wrong with you? Why do you care about him?”There was no response, so Kris called Chanyeol’s name. “Yeol ah, are you still there?”

            “I am,” finally Chanyeol spoke. “Hyung, I think you were right...” he said in a weak tone which made Kris confused. “About my jealousy. Hyung, I think I’m jealous with you because of Luhan-ssi.”

            Kris’s eyes widened then he chuckled. “There’s nothing to be jealous, Yeol ah...”

            “Of course there is!” exclaimed Chanyeol. “He’s prettier than me...”

            “What?! Hahaha... Yeol ah, why are you so cute?” Kris laughed. He really wanted to see Chanyeol’s face and pinched his cheeks. “I’m normal, you fool~ Do you think I’m going to fall in love with him, huh?”

            “It’s not possible, isn’t it? And if it happens, I’m scared you’ll dump me.”

            “Yaaahh... Park Chanyeol, you’re talking nonsense,” cut Kris irritably. He was not used to listening to Chanyeol’s whining. “Listen to me carefully, okay? I will not dump you. Never! You’re my lovely best friend I’ve ever had and I don’t want to lose you.” He was silent for a moment. “You don’t worry again, do you?”

            “Okay... I’m going to trust you,” said Chanyeol. “Just don’t break your words!”

            They talked a bit more then Kris ended the call.

            “It was Chanyeol?” Luhan asked and nodded by Kris in response. “What did you talk about? It seemed like you were arguing with him.”

            “He’s just being Chanyeol,” answered Kris wihch made Luhan frown confusedly at him. Kris only chuckled in response. “Let’s go to my room, Hanie!”

            Luhan’s heart beat faster. He just called me Hanie? Then he followed Kris behind as they walked upstairs. It feels like a dream, he thought. Finally, I can be Kris’s friend. Luhan pulled Kris’s hand when he was about to open his room.

            “What’s it?” asked Kris confusedly.

            “Can I hug you, Kris?”

            Kris frowned, but then nodded. He let Luhan hug him tightly as long as he wanted. He then chuckled. “Why do you want to hug me?” he asked.

            “Because I want to thank you for letting me be your friend,” answered Luhan as he tightened the hug. “I’m so happy, Kris...”

            “I don’t need a hug if you want to give me something to show your thankfulness,” Kris said.

            “Then what should I do?” asked Luhan as he release himself from Kris.

            Kris smiled shyly then pointed his lips with his index finger. “Kiss me right here...”

            Luhan widened his eyes then his cheeks blushed. “You silly, I can’t kiss a guy...” he said as he turned his face away.

            Kris chuckled. “I was just kidding, you fool~” he said then pulled Luhan’s hand and dragged him into his room. “Welcome to my room!”

 

***

how was it? feel free to comment and criticize it~

thanks for reading! :)