XI. Wrong Place, Wrong Time, Wrong Nose

This World We Live In
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: So I guess I'm continuing this story... I didn't know you guys actually want to read it >.< I'm sorry for disappointing my wonderful readers... I'm a failed author haha. This chapter is gonna be quite intense and its gonna have a lot going on........ hopefully it turns out well

To be honest, I actually planned the entire plot out for this fic and I even planned a sequel, but I'm not sure if I'll write a sequel.... because the ending to this fic is quite a cliffhanger... idk, we'll see. 

Anyways, thank you guys so much for giving a boost for me to continue, I'll try not to disappoint you guys in the future! *fighting to myself*

 

 

 

Knock knock knock!

Chanyeol jumped at the sudden burst of noise, barely awake as he tried to open his eyes and make sense of what was happening. On top of his body laid an equally undressed Baekhyun, stirring awake and rubbing the sleep out of his eyes. The first thing that came to his mind was what they did last night, and it seemed like the smaller remembered as well, for his cheeks turned red from embarrassment and he stared at Chanyeol with horror. 

Knock knock knock!

The pounding at the door pulled him out of his memories and he groaned in annoyance. The clock read 6 am.

Who would be bothering them so early in the morning? Chanyeol swore to punch the person if it's not something important.

"Coming," Chanyeol muttered as he reluctantly untangled his limbs from Baekhyun's, the latter looking at the door with confusion.

After pulling the blankets over Baekhyun's bare body and hastily putting on a pair of pants, he finally opened the door to find a soldier standing there. The soldier's face was full of worry and he obviously came here to deliver urgent news.

"General Park, the rebels bombed the food shelter in the Central District!" The soldier said.

"What?!"

"The military requests your immediately attendance."

Chanyeol gulped. The rebels have finally taken action. The war is starting.

 

 

 

 

 

Chanyeol tried to put on his uniform as quick as possible after dismissing the soldier, rushing around the room to get ready. Baekhyun watched as realization kicked in. Central District... A certain memory flashed back to him as he recalled what Jongin had told him.

"Did he say Central District?" Baekhyun asked as he began dressing as well.

"Yeah," Chanyeol replied as he tried to buckle his belt as fast as he can.

"Can I come with you?" The smaller said. Baekhyun knew it was a ridiculous request, and Chanyeol gaped at him as expected.

"What? Baek I don't think you understand. It's a battle field out there and there's no way I'm going to take you there and risk getting you injured, or worse, killed!" By then, he was almost out the door when the smaller stopped him with a hand on his wrist.

"I know that! But Sehun is there! Sehun is alive and he's in the Central District! I have to find him and make sure he's okay!" Baekhyun begged, "Please..."

"Sehun... is alive?"

Baekhyun nodded. "Please..."

For a moment, Baekhyun thought he would agree finally, for the taller was hesitating by the door as if thinking it over. He unconsciously put on his puppy eyes and Chanyeol struggled to say the next word, "N - No."

 

 

 

 

 

The vehicle came to a stop. In the darkness, Baekhyun can faintly feel the passengers getting off and shouting orders at the soldiers waiting nearby. He was in the trunk of Chanyeol's car. He had to see Sehun no matter what, and despite knowing this is such a reckless decision, he managed to hide in the trunk of the car and came to the site with him secretly. After waiting for a while and feeling like there are no more soldiers nearby, he carefully opened the trunk.

Luckily, no one was there to see him emerge out of the car.

He stood there, taking in the site before him.

The car was parked on an abandoned street, away from the bombing site. Off in the distance he can see smoke rising up to the sky and hear shouts and exploding noises. He began feeling uneasy thinking of Sehun somewhere in that mess. What if he's in danger? What if he's dead already?

The thought got him running on his feet towards the center of the city. 

He turned in the streets and navigated blindly. He has never been here and he has no plan in his head. What is he suppose to do? How is he going to find his brother amidst thousands of other civilians? 

After running for what seemed like ten minutes, people began to trickle down the streets. Most of them are ordinary citizens fleeing from the direction Baekhyun is going, dragging their crying children along. Occasionally he would see someone injured, leaving behind a trail of dark red. Soon, the buildings turned into crumbled messes where the roofs collapsed and walls tumbled down. The streets were filled with horrified cries and Baekhyun tried to calm his nerves. 

He recalled that Sehun is staying with Kris, the commander of the rebel army. Right now, Kris must be in battle. So how safe would Sehun be staying with the commander? And where is Jongin?

"Excuse me," Baekhyun stopped a stranger and panted, "do you know where the base of the rebel army is?"

The stranger stared at him in horror. After finally deciding that Baekhyun is no police nor soldier, the stranger pointed northwest and limped away.

So Baekhyun proceeded to run in that direction. Ahead of him is a cloud of smoke, directly over the place where the stranger pointed. Dread filled him up as he began to panick. What if Sehun is already dead?

A tear was just about to fall out of his eyes when suddenly around the corner came a running man. They bumped into each other, causing both to fall down. He immediately got up. He was just about to apologize when they both recognized each other.

"Baekhyun?!"

"Jongin!"

The two stared at each other in disbelief. The taller is drenched in sweat and dirt. There was no sign of blood. Baekhyun let out a sigh in relieve.

"What are you doing here?" Jongin asked.

"I heard there was a bombing and I'm worried about Sehun... Do you know where he is? Are you alright? What happened?

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter