The Beginning and End of a Dream

A day with a jerk and a gentleman

I'm at the amusement park,wearing jeans and a shirt. I look around there weren't many people. I decided to walk around, that's when  I saw my parents. There was a little girl  with them; she was wearing a pink dress and had a ribbon in her hair. I wonder who is that little girl with my parents. They were laughing and having fun. I just  stood and watched the little girl, she  turned around, and had a big smile on her face; showing her teeth that seem to be stained with cotton candy. I just stood there unable to move. That little girl is me. For some reason my face felt wet.

 "Aom wake up! Aom! " yelled a voice. It sounded familiar. I opened my eyes, I looked around. No amusement park, just my room. It was just a dream. I positioned myself in a sitting position. That's right mom and dad past away.

"Aom..." said the voice. It was gentle this time. I looked around to find the source of the voice. In the doorway stood Mr.Hachioji my grandfather.

"Are you okay?," asked Mr. Hachioji as he walked over to my bed. "Were you thinking about your parents?" I nodded as he sat down at the edge of my bed and leaned towards me. "Did you know you were crying?" He took his handkerchief and wiped my face. So that's why my face was wet. I just nodded not able to speak. I looked down there was a moment of silence. "It's a beautiful day outside.," said grandfather breaking the silence. "Why don't you go outside. It will be nice and you can hang out with people your age. And your parents are in a good place now. They're watching over  you. They wouldn't want their daughter like this." I lifted my head to see grandfather looking out the window. It was a nice day to go outside. I heard him get up an walk towards the door.

"Grandfather ! " I yelled as I got out of bed.He stopped in the front of the doorway. "I will get straight A's  and be a great daughter and grandchild." Grandfather turned around and faced me.

"Aom you're already great and have good grades. You've made me and your parents proud. You should be proud too. You are my pride and joy." I watched grandfather leave. I went and sat on my chair. What should I do now, I guess I have to go out. Go out with a friend? Nikki, Kat, Suu, and Takeshi are all probably busy doing something. I don't want to bother them. Maybe grandfather left me something for me to do. I ran downstairs to the kitchen and looked at the fridge.And there was a note. I moved towards the fridge and look at the note. It says dear Aom, I don't have anything for you to do. So why don't you go outside and relax and enjoy yourself. You worked really hard. I know I already told you this but really I'm so proud of you and  I know your parents are happy and proud of you too. I love you. I'll be a little late don't worry about me. I just need to do some important business. - Your grandfather. I walked to the nearest chair and sat. I guess I'll be hanging out with them. I went back upstairs and into my room.  My phone was on my table I picked it up my phone and decided to call Kat. I dailed her phone number and waited. That was weird. Ding-dong. Who can that be? Ding-dong... Ding-dong. Whoever it was; wasn't patient. "I'll be there just wait please!" I yelled. I ran to the door and wonder who it can be. I opened the door. It wasn't just one who; it was four who's smiling at me. 

"Aom!" They said in unison. They're here? What's the occasion for. I don't have any problems with any of this, but it's rare. For all of them to come here; the same day, same time. Except for an occasion, hangouts and my birthday. I looked at them.

"What are you guys doing here?"I asked. My friends looked  at each other than at me. 

"Is it weird to visit and hangout with a friend?" said Takeshi his voice sounded a little bit hurt. "Actually your grandfather told us to hang out with you. But we were already  planning to; we all don't hang out much like we use to. So we decided to go to your house and suprise you. I but it looks like we're not wanted here." He looked down. Why is he acting like this? Come on he's my best friend for a long time. He should know that I care about all of us. " I didn't say anything, I was just surprised.," I said looking at Takeshi. " I wasn't doing anything so I thought I would hang out with you guys today, just a moment ago I was calling Kat but she didn't answer her phone. Then the door bell rang." 

"Sorry, Aom.," Takeshi said, he glance at Nikki, Suu and Kat. They have been quiet too quiet; something isn't right. " I've heard from Mr. Hachioji." What are they up to? Who knows what they'll do. I have no choice but to prepare myself.The wind was getting strong. I motioned them to come inside. " I'm not done talking yet." Said Takeshi. I ignored him. I can't believe him he should know better! He was my childhood friend!

"Suu, Kat, Nikki do you want anything to drink?" I asked them, as I lead them to the living room. Leaving Takeshi outside in the wind. He stood still and remembers the conversation he had with Mr. Hachioji.It was Saturday. At that time Aom was sitting in a chair thinking what she should do. Takeshi was usually hanging out with Aom and the others. 'Aom... I wonder if she's busy. We all don't hang out much lately.' I looked  around. 'It really was a beautiful day. All I can think of is....'

"Takeshi...Takeshi," Interuppting his thoughts, he turned around but didn't find anyone. "Over here!" The voice was coming from behind a bush. Takeshi walked over and found Mr. Hachioji. 

"Mr.  Hachioji ?," Takeshi asked. What was he doing  here and behind a bush? " What are you doing Mr. Hachioji ?"

"Shush!" whispered Mr. Hachioji. "Come here boy, I need to talk to you."  Takeshi walked towards Mr.Hachioji. Mr. Hachioji didn't get up. Takeshi felt eyes staring at him. Takeshi turned around to see the people looking at him, they quickly turned around going back to what they're doing. They must  think that he was crazy, for talking to a bush. " Takeshi...," said Mr. Hachioji  still behind the bush. " You have been friends with Aom, thank you for being her friend....," 'Was that all he had to  sa-' Takeshi thought.  "However she won't be able to attend school." Takeshi looked at  Mr. Hachioji's face he couldn't read it. 'Aom won't be attending school... I was hoping to get closer to Aom this school year and going on a  date with her. I felt myself blushing just thinking about her. Wait this is no time for daydreaming about her.'

"Why Mr.Hachioji?" Takeshi asked.

" I can't afford it." said Mr.Hachioji as he got up. "I tried talking about a compromise but they refused, boy. They  threw me out; those people don't know how to treat their elders." 'What did he do? What was his compromise? I wonder what happened. I wish I could have been there.'

"Does Aom know?" Takeshi asked. Mr. Hachioji sratched his head. 'Although Mr. Hachioji is 69 years old, he doesn't act like it.' Takeshi  thinking,

"No."  Aom doesn't know .. " I guess I'll go now. Takeshi please don't tell her anything. I will be the one to, its my fault she can't attend school. See you later Tashi !  By the way even though I'm old doesn't mean, I would forget your nickname when  you came over to play with Aom ! " 'He still remembers my nickname. The nickname I didn't like and didn't wanted to remember.'

"Bye pops!"yelled Takeshi. Mr. Hachioji turned around and smiled, walkikng away. End of flashback. Takeshi was smiling.'Tashi..'

"So what do you guys want?" I asked while opening the fridge. We had lots of refreshments especially tea. I like to make my own tea though.

"I want some bubble tea! Aom your bubble teas are the best." said Kat. 'And since I'm your friend I don't have to pay! Its a win, win.' Kat thought while fist pumping the air.

"Okay. How about you two?" I asked them while looking at Kat. Whats taking Takeshi so long? Isn't he getting cold out there?

"Aom's homemade Cha Dum Yen please." said Suu. Not Suu too. I'm not that good at making tea or am I.

"Me too!" said Nikki. I got the ingredients I needed and got to work.