final

00:00
Please log in to read the full chapter

It is 00:00 when Jongin’s body goes slack on the couch.

 

“What. Either this guy has some really tuned sleeping habits or he’s just so tired he couldn’t watch Pororo with us,”

 

Sehun complains as he pokes the seemingly dead body with a finger. The rest of EXO shrugs, throwing popcorn in their mouths as they glue their eyes back on the screen to watch their favourite cartoon.

 

 

-

 

 

Jongin finds himself in an apartment he has never seen before, but yet he sees a familiar lone figure sitting by himself on the couch with Pororo playing on the screen.

 

“Kyungsoo…”

 

Jongin breathes as said boy turns around and gives him a loving smile.

 

“Come join me, Jongin.”

 

He offers as he pats the space beside him. Jongin is only too glad to decline.

 

 

-

 

 

At 23:58, Jongin is staring at the wall in front of him, imagining where he would turn up next to Kyungsoo this time. It had been happening for some time already, this weird dream thing. However, Jongin himself likes it (a lot), because Kyungsoo in that world belongs to him and only him.

 

The time on his alarm clock turns 00:00, and Jongin’s eyes flutter to close.

 

 

-

 

 

This time, Jongin realizes he is in a pub, for there is loud bass and people grinding themselves against each other everywhere on the dance floor. He frowns, for till now, it had always been quiet places like the garden or the beach, and never loud places like this. But it’s okay, because he knows Kyungsoo would be here anyway.

 

He feels a tap on his shoulder and he spins around, coming face to face with his favourite hyung.

 

“Hyung…”

 

He starts but ends right there, for everything and everyone turns grey upon coming into view with Kyungsoo, but Kyungsoo did not look like Kyungsoo at all.

 

Granted, he was the same person, but since when did Kyungsoo put on heavy eyeliner and had his hair styled like that?

 

Kyungsoo grins and Jongin chokes slightly.

 

“I’m D.O., it’s nice to meet you, Jongin. I’ve been waiting for a long, long time.”

 

‘What?’

 

 

-

 

 

D.O., Jongin finds out by the end of the night, likes grey. Grey means that it is the in-between, where everything is unclear because there is neither black nor white.  D.O. prefers to stay in the unknown and do unpredictable things.

 

D.O. is everything Kyungsoo isn’t, and that terrifies Jongin, for he likes the quiet and wise hyung instead.

 

Also, D.O. is loud and forceful. He has been shoving alcohol down Jongin’s throat, till he no longer remembers who he is. Then, he makes the dance prodigy dance with him, grinding against him on the dance floor as lips ghost past Jongin’s ears.

 

Through his hazy mind, he decides that he likes Kyungsoo better, and he is determined never to see D.O. again.

 

The next morning, Jongin wakes up with a headache and eye bags that are more obvious than before. His friends tell him he looks like , and he shuts them up with a glare.

 

 

-

 

 

As Jongin falls asleep that night, he prays he sees Kyungsoo, for he wants to do quiet things and listen to Kyungsoo’s ballads once more.

 

Yet he wakes up to a grey world again.

 

This time, his hair is flying in all directions, and as he looks to his right, he knows he is in a car with D.O., and they were speeding at a dangerous level.

 

(Kyungsoo was slow-paced. Kyungsoo was safe.)

 

“What are you doing?!”

 

Jongin screeches when he sees that D.O. has no intention of slowing down at all. He is right, as D.O. merely grins and drives faster.

 

The tanned-skin male’s eyes pop wide open when he realized where they were heading- “We’re gonna fall off the cliff!” he shrieks, but D.O. only laughs harder.

 

 

-

 

 

When the smell of burning rubber reaches his n

Please log in to read the full chapter