Final

Dream

The room is dimly lighted; their figure silhouetted as they held each other near the open balcony.

It was never part of the plan to get things this far but the sequence of the events the past months left them no choice but to do this. With the aid of a few friends they were able to hide; but how long will they be able to evade the thousand of eyes in search for them?

It is not actually a question of wealth or status.

It is more than the story about ‘you and me against the world’

It is more than that…

 

“Let’s run away.”

She stiffened in his arms, surprised by the sudden offer.

After everything that had happened, it is tempting as of now to grab the offer; yet for someone as young as them, it seems impossible.

His arms around her tightened when she did not respond allowing her to feel the expanse of his chest on her back. She felt him slowly lean down, burying his face on the crook of her neck making her sigh in pure contentment.

“I would go wherever you want to go,” she replied, reaching to caress his face.

 

He moves to turn her around, staring into her brown eyes. “Then, let’s run away,” he insists, his voice full of urgency.

“I had everything prepared already. Just say yes and we will leave right away,” he added, cupping her face as she leans on to his touch.

 

Instead of an answer, she pulls him into a hug; slowly tightening as the moment elapses.

“But how long are we going to run away?” she asks, whispering.

“Till we can’t run on furthermore,” he replies.

“I am scared,” she whispers back, tears pooling in her eyes as she softly close it.

“Don’t be; I am here and I will never let anyone hurt you or get you away from me,” he assures, holding her close.

 

But that promise of assurance was short lived.

 

The door opens revealing a very worried and shaken Luhan.

“Hurry! They are on their way here!” he exclaims, surprising the two.

 

With one last look from him, she gave a nod and hand in hand they went out to get the things they need to flee.

 

But fate was never on their side. As they run down the spiral staircase, the large oak double doors bursts open, men in black flooding inside.

 

He turns back to pull her up the stairs but someone grabs her from below and as he struggles to pull her back, two men gets a grip on both his arms finally breaking their locked hands. They were separated by a sea of men in black, both being pulled down the stairs, slowly drifting them further away from each other.

Tears sprang in her eyes as she struggles to free herself, calling his name, her hand reaching out.

 

It was painful, beyond description as he tries all his best to free himself from those steel grips on him.

Tears came unbidden from his eyes.

He tries to move against the throng of men in black but no matter how he yell and scream, he can’t win against those men.

 

His eyes widens from fear when one of the men holding her uncaps a syringe.

He yelled his protests, begging not to do it on her but useless.

 

The syringe pricked the bare flesh of her neck. He watches in horror how it slowly took effect on her.

 

Her screams started to die down; her body slowly limps; her tear streaked face slowly relaxes as her eyes goes droopy. Her outreached hand lost its strength and the only sound he heard before she disappears on that sea of black is a faint call of his name.

 

Everything started to grow blurry in his eyes, his world started to get devoid of sounds even his strangled voice calling for her. His world soon gets plunged into darkness and he doesn’t have enough strength to fight it anymore.