Chapter 2

A Not So Ordinary Love Story

'Waah!' I screamed as I opened the toilet stall. 'ert!'

A boy in underwear doing a y pose welcomed me saying 'Just relax.', all smiles... naughty smile.

I ran screaming towards the exit but Sungjae blocked my way, laughing.

'Yah! Let me pass!' I was so surprised with what I saw that I almost didn't recognize my friend.

Sungjae, still blocking me, clipped my arms on my sides and pinned me on the wall. I was squirming, trying to get away but Sungjae was too strong. After a few attempts, I gave up and just limply stood there with Sungjae's support. He let me free and I fell slumping on the floor.

'Mian, Youngji-ya.' Sungjae said trying to suppress laughter.'You've been punked!'

I desperately wanted to break Sungjae's nose but I felt all my energy draining.

'Congratulations! You just won a date with me.' The guy I saw earlier cockily approached me offering his hand to help me stand. 

He was already wearing a pair of black tracksuit. I recognized him right away. It was my first time seeing him but I knew right then that the guy was Jackson Wang, THE Jackson Wang. He's not so tall, around 5'7" , bushy brows, cute eye smile, not so prominent nose, and a beautiful smile. Overall he was actually, well, good looking. You could tell that he's athletic.

I held his hand and with all my might pulled him down. But... dang! He was too quick and strong that instead of falling, he pulled me up. I was already standing too close to him before I knew it. Our faces only centimeters away from each other. 

Time froze... everything around us stopped... silence fell but I could hear his breathing and my heart wildly beating. Our eyes locked, drowned in each other's intense stare. I could smell his minty breath blowing softly on my half-open mouth, I could almost taste it. Butterflies fluttered in my stomach and faint sounds of bells ringing in the background. Slowly, everything started to swirl around us...

Meep...

But that wasn't the case. It was the other way around. Everything seemed to go fast. My blood started to boil like a molten lava pushing it's way up, raging. I was so mad and violated that my temper just exploded. Fire was shooting from my eyes. I grabbed his sleeves, hands shaking in anger, I tilted my head back and pow! 

Jackson screamed in pain, hands covering his face. I managed to hit his left cheekbone hard. I was pretty sure about it. He then fell on his knees and rolled on the floor. He curled up and started shaking, no sounds at all, like he was suppressing something... pain? I suddenly panicked. What if something serious happened to him? Did I hit his eye? What if he would go blind? Hundreds of questions was in my head. 

I was normally a bubbly person, sweet and thoughtful to my friends. It was not my in personality to easily blow up and lose my temper. I could be a little naughty sometimes but I was naive especially when it came to boys. That was why I was completely shocked when I saw a boy in boxer shorts posing right in front of my eyes. That was too much for me to handle.

'Oh my God, sorry.' I kneeled beside Jackson who was coiling with his back on me. I didn't know what to do.

People started to gather around us exchanging looks and whispering at each other. There were a couple of them who called out for help.

'Ottokaji?!' I was already starting to get hysterical. "Yook Sungjae! What are you looking at?! Help me!'

Tears started to pool in my eyes; I was in a brink of crying. Sungjae kneeled beside me.

'Jackson! Jackson!' He grabbed his shoulder and turned him at their direction.

'Hahahahaha!' Jackson almost choked laughing. He was kicking the air with his hands flailing.

I was too stunned to even more a muscle. The guy just completely ruined my day. Huge beads of tears started to fall like the heavy rains outside. Now I really felt the entire universe stopped. Mixed emotions devoured me. I wished the floor would open and eat me alive. Or that something would hit me hard and would wake me from this nightmare. But that didn't happen. It was all real, I was not having a nightmare. 

'Yah! Are you OK?' Jackson, who was still trying to pull himself together, asked me. 

Still on my knees, I just bent her head, hands on my sides, fists clenched but with no strength anymore. 

'Youngji-ya... mian...' Sungjae placed his hand on my back. 'I'm very sorry. I didn't mean it to end up this way.' He sounded sincere.

I shrugged him off me and stood up. My knees were still very weak that I almost lost my balance. Jackson caught my elbow and placed his other hand on my waist for support. I tried to brush him off as well but he was stronger and insistent to support me. Jackson led me towards the benches and Sungjae followed us scratching his head. I took deep breaths once I was settled. My tears already stopped falling leaving marks of dried tears running on my cheeks. I was a total mess. It took me a few minutes before I regained my strength to speak. The boys looked very sorry; Jackson sitting beside me and Sungjae standing on the other side still feeling uneasy.

'Sungjae-ya, get me out of here.' I said in a weak voice.

Sungjae complied right away holding my hand and escorted me outside. 

'Wait!' was all Jackson said who was left behind and didn't know what to do.

'Youngji-ya. Sorry.' Sungjae started. 'It was not supposed to happen that way.' He continued.'You see, that tent, Jackson's Lair, was actually a trap. I mean, sort of.' He sounded so apologetic and I just kept on walking, half listening to his explanation. I was still very upset but just contained myself. 'Everytime a girl would walk in there, I was supposed to stop her and lead her to the restrooms. As you know, Jackson's quite popular among girls and most of them, maybe including you,' he hesitated,'came here just to see him.' I stopped walking and glared at him. 'Sorry. Isn't it.. well anyway... once the girl was in there, Jackson would do random things: give out autographs, take selcas, promise to accept friend requests, etc. Of course with a corresponding fee... er... for charity. You know what I mean.' He sighed and continued his explanation. ' You're the 28th girl. Honestly, I didn't know what he was up to. Sorry.' He looked in my eyes and I could see that he was really sorry.