Believe

Tell Me Our Past as a Bedtime Story [Hiatus]

It was common knowledge that Jongin is a very deep sleeper. Even if the world was shaking with a violent earth quake, nobody would be able to wake him from his peaceful slumber. However, the tan male arose this morning from the sunlight beaming directly in his eyes and the nipping cold, freezing his exposed feet that were not under the safe confines of the blanket along with the rest of his body. The combination was not a very pleasing one to wake up to. Heat seemed to radiate from the person in his arms and Jongin snuggled closer to the source in hopes of escaping from the morning chill. It must have been one of the other band members in his bed. Sneaking into another member’s room in the middle of the night and curling up beside them wasn’t an uncommon event when nights were restless. Being an idol came with hardships including home sickness (which tended to be the case,) so it was understandable if one intruded in another’s personal space for the night.

Usually Jongin would be annoyed and have pushed the intruder off the edge of the bed by now, but he made an exception for today as he slipped his feet under the comforter and rubbed them together for friction to take action. A strangled noise was emitted as he stretched his aching muscles while shutting his eyes a bit tighter and shifted his position to be closer to the closest source of heat. The other shifted as well to adjust to the close proximity.

Something was off.

Certain members of Exo were known for their short statures, but the other occupant in the bed with Jongin had a much smaller frame. The long, black hair along with the scent of peaches was a definite indication that his previous assumption wasn’t correct.

Arms were untangled and the comforter was violently ripped off with some difficulty in haste to get away from the unknown bed intruder. To hell with the cold, there was a complete stranger in the bed! The last time Jongin checked, he was only a lady-killer on stage and didn’t actually women back to his bedroom. Contrary to what the masses of fans believe he usually slept alone - occasionally accompanied by plushies given as fan gifts or with other band members, but not in a sense that fans contrived through their fan fictions. Forced to be awake from the sudden actions, the female sat up to stretch noiselessly and rubbed her eyes, blinking afterwards to focus her sight.

She turned to face the male pressed against the wall, cocking her head to the side with a look of confusion and her face slightly scrunched up from either the sunlight in her eyes or from fighting the sleep still looming over her. Her face indicated curiosity, confusion, and above all: genuine concern, as if she was wordlessly asking the tanned male if he wasn’t feeling well and why he was acting in such a manner this early in the morning. Jongin patted around him for a weapon and gripped a picture frame (the nearest item in reach,) before taking a defensive position.

“Who are you? Where are we? This place does not look familiar to me,” Jongin tried to sound firm despite his anxiety.

The person still residing in the bed held up her index finger and lifted the blanket off of her lap to get up. The notion implied for Jongin to wait a minute while the unnamed person went to retrieve something. Jongin would have none of that. For all he knows, she could come back with drugs or something if she managed to get him to what he presumed was her bedroom. After all, the room was definitely not one from the Exo dorm. Filing through his memory, he couldn’t recall a single event that led him to be held hostage by a sasaeng.

“Don’t move! I don’t trust you.” The other stopped her motion and faced the idol with a face twisted to be even more perplexed than it already was. Nonetheless, she obeyed his command.

“You still haven’t answered me yet. Who are you and where are we?”

Silence engulfed the two as the bed intruder thinned her lips to a fine line and deeply breathed out air from her nostrils almost in annoyance. She started to pat down her mussed bed hair.

“Why aren’t you answering me?! I’ll call the police on you and report you,” he threatened while patting his pockets with his free hand and glanced over at the bedside looking for his phone. “Damn it, where’s my phone?” he mumbled hoping his words weren’t heard. Unfortunately, his words didn’t go unheard with the other giving him an eye roll and crossing her arms against her chest.

“I-I’ll seriously report you if you don’t let me go. E-even if you are a fan of Exo, you shouldn’t take things this far,” Jongin’s eyes were still scanning the room for any communication device to call for help. “Damn it, where is it?” he was getting desperate. A snap of fingers called his attention and the female pointed to the dresser where his phone was. That was odd. Why would the person that kidnapped him willingly give his phone back to him? Still not being able to shake off his wariness, he cautiously took steps towards his mobile device while glancing back at the suspicious person.

“What is your purpose of bringing me here? I’m not willing to go along with whatever plans you have. This is your last chance of talking this out before I notify authorities.”

The look of annoyance was replaced with one of sorrow. Showing the backside of her left hand, she pointed a finger to the wedding band eminent on her ring finger. Jongin was stupefied for a moment before quickly glancing at his own left hand. Indeed, a matching ring was present. Rage instantly blinded all of his reasoning.

“What the hell?! You drugged me and forced me to marry you while I was unconscious?!” The bed intruder vigorously shook her head and opened to speak. Words were desperate to be formed, but only strangled sounds came out. An explanation just couldn’t be formulated.

The idol decided to take matters into his own hands and snatched his phone off of the dresser. He grimaced at the wallpaper with him and the female across the room, but he couldn’t shake off that he looked happy and very much conscious in the photo. Jongin brushed off the thought and was about to press the emergency dial button until he froze.

The date read: December 5th, 2027

Last time he checked, the year was 2014 and he was with the other Exo members preparing for the end-of-year award shows. It was absurd. Certainly, he didn’t have the power to time travel either. Time control was Tao’s power and the powers were just a stupid concept made for their debut anyway. Beside where his phone was previously placed was a remote for a TV.

Yes, the news should tell him everything. The sasaeng probably changed the date on his phone to trick him into believing that this was the future and they got to know each other before getting married and somehow he lost all recollection of the prior events. He definitely wasn’t going to fall for that. The remote was snatched and Jongin quickly turned the news channel in hopes of getting answers.

“As of today on December 5th, 2027 the head of the company…”

Jongin dropped the remote. He ran fingers through his chocolate brown hair, trying to comprehend everything. Was this really the future? How could he not have remembered anything from the last thirteen years? Frantically scanning his surroundings, his gaze fell upon the picture frame he was previously using as a weapon of defense.

It was a wedding photo taken in front of a garden. Jongin was clearly there, kissing a beautiful girl on the check with an elegant white dress. The girl in the picture matched with the one in bed with him not too long ago. All of Exo were present behind them, showing their excitement and approval of the couple with wild gestures. Even Kris and Luhan were there, looking more aged than when he last saw them. The picture could have been photo shopped, right? There was no way he could have gotten married with no memory of the event whatsoever, never mind have the former Chinese members there as well.

While mulling over these thoughts, Jongin didn’t see the occupant of the room slip out to come back with a white board and a dry erase marker. He heard the squeaking of the marker writing on the board, but just couldn’t comprehend what was happing with the thoughts swirling in his mind. Before long, a board was held up for him to read accompanied by a face of true concern.

Jongin-ah, are you okay? Do you feel sick?

A dainty hand tried to reach to feel his forehead, but the idol swatted it away. Hurt flashed across the stranger’s eyes as she frantically erased the board to write another message.

Do you really not remember who I am? Did you lose your memory? How far can you remember to?

Jongin violently ruffled his hair from frustration. Everything was just absurd and the pieces of what he just learned were scattered into no conclusion that made sense.

“I’m perfectly fine! You’re just a crazy sasaeng that set up this elaborate plan, right? These pictures are photo shopped, and you just changed the date on everything to make it look like the future! You just drugged me somehow and forced me to marry you! I don’t even know how you did it, but you probably set up something fake and prerecorded on the TV too,” Jongin breathed, absolutely livid.

Tears welled up in the other’s eyes, but she blinked them away and started erasing the white board, covering her face with her hair so Jongin couldn’t see any stray tears. The idol blew out a sigh of frustration and eyed his phone. Looking for confirmation, he scrolled through his contacts (which had far more names than he remembered he had) and dialed a familiar name. He impatiently tapped his foot as the phone rang; stealing a glance at the girl to see that she was already done wiping the board only to be staring lifelessly into space. The ringing abruptly stopped and a familiar smooth voice took over.

“Hello, Jongin? Why are you up so early? Is something wrong?”

“Kyungsoo hyung, what is the date today?”

“Did you seriously call me just to ask that question?!”

“Hyung, I am very serious. Please just answer me.”

“It’s December 5th.”

“But what year?”

“2027, why? Jongin, are you really okay? Are you sick or anything? Is Yerin with you?”

“No hyung, how can it be 2027? And who the hell is Yerin?!”

“Oh my god, Jongin. Yerin is your wife you’ve been married to for two years now and currently living with you. Wait there, I’m coming immediately. Get dressed because we are going to visit the doctor.”

“Kyungsoo hyung, I don’t need help! It was clearly 2014 and I was definitely not married!” Jongin shrieked, causing the ignored person to flinch. Kyungsoo muttered something along the lines of ‘Oh my god, this is really bad,’ and told Jongin to just wait for him to get there. The tanned male tossed aside his phone before covering his face with his hands. He suddenly turned to the girl with the white board.

“Yerin,” the addressed person looked up from the white board. Jongin blew out another sigh since he just confirmed that the bed intruder was indeed his so-called wife.

“I’m not going crazy, am I? It’s not possible that I just suddenly don’t remember the last thirteen years of my life,” Jongin tried slapping his cheeks, believing everything could have just been a dream.

Yerin held her husband’s hands in place so he would stop hurting himself. All hopes that this morning’s events were all a hoax was dashed away instantly. They made direct eye contact and Jongin could feel the weight of the sadness and hurt portrayed through her puffy, red eyes; so much so that he could feel the guilt of his words and actions make his heart constrict in a way no dream could ever make one feel. His wife opened the cap of her marker to write yet another message.

I’ll go prepare breakfast. You should wash up and get ready for when Kyungsoo comes.

With that, Yerin shuffled out of the room, using her wrists to wipe tear stains left on her face. Jongin was left in the room alone to acknowledge the claims everyone was making. However, he simply refused to believe that any of this absurdity was true. The only thing he was sure of was his identity and all events up until 2014 if the year really is 2027. Jongin was also sure he never wanted to be the cause of Yerin’s pained face ever again, even if she was potentially a crazy sasaeng with elaborate schemes.

 

_________________________

A/N: Hey, I hoped you liked the first chapter! This chapter is not all that exciting, but it will get better, trust me. Sorry for any errors and look forward to an update~ (if anyone is reading this anyway -.-')

Please subcribe and comment~

~Audrey