Ironing Skills

Silent Devotion

She was a goddess. Her beautiful brown hair was majestic as her beautiful eyes shined like clear pools of water on a sunny day. She spoke like a queen and walked as if she owned everything. There was only one problem. She was as ignorant as a white man amongst minority women. When she smiled she had no idea why she was doing so and when she spoke in her majestic voice the IQ of everyone around was automatically lowered.

“My name is Tiffany Hwang” she beamed at the tall man. I glanced at him and automatically decided he was boring and not worth my time. His shoes were from a luxury brand and so was his suit. This suggested he was either naturally rich or he was just wearing this to make a good impression. I glanced at his shirt and noticed it was wrinkled which meant his ironing skills were nonexistent and his tie was crooked which meant he lived alone. I chuckled to myself. How could I possibly associate with someone whose ironing skills were nonexistent?

Tiffany shot a glare at me. I immediately grew stoic again. She thought I had laughed at her and her stiff introduction. Tiffany often thought I was laughing at her as if she was important enough to inhabit my mind. Mostly everything she did meant little to nothing to me, if not extremely annoying. I looked at the man with no interest as he opened his mouth. “Yes it’s nice to meet you. My frien often mentions you.” I looked at Tiffany as she bubbled with enthusiasm at the mention of being spoken about. “Oh yes your brother is quite an amazing man. I don’t know how I tricked him into liking me. Oh yes my Nichkhun.” I looked away from both idiots. I too wondered how Tiffany tricked Nichkhun into loving her. “Well I’m very happy to meet you. My name is Suho I’m sure you know.”

I nearly choked on my water. Suho? Ha! Suho! As if the world didn’t already have enough Suhos. I mean we can never run low on those. I hid my snicker this time as I sipped more water. “Yes I know I know. This is my friend-“”Colleague,” I Interrupted. “Yes,” Tiffany continued laughing a bit “Sorry your highness. We work together. She’s a bit… anti-social?” The dull man named Suho joined her quaint little laughter. Annoyed I spoke up. “I’m not anti-social I just choose to not associate with twits.” Even on a good day I couldn’t control my annoyance. I can’t say I didn’t try. “Well don’t worry your highness, I don’t bite,” said Suho the twit with no ironing skills. Without hesitation I responded rather harshly. “If your teeth are as dull as your personality it wouldn’t be considered a bite.” I got up finally feeling like I had enough of this mess. “Tiffany I’m leaving. I have a lot of work to do. I’ll meet up with you later.” “Ok I’ll walk you out.” She responded. She looked towards Suho and said “I’ll only be gone for a moment, please excuse us.”

As we finally made it out of the stuffy café I took a deep breath before she started spewing out her idiocy. She let out a beautiful sigh and looked agitated. I wondered what could have possibly agitated her when it was obviously me who was so uncomfortable and beyond all this nonsense. “Why are you so…so you? I mean I’m trying my hardest here. You are so difficult to hook up goodness.” Without holding back I replied “has it occurred to you that I don’t want to be hooked up with anyone? I’m perfectly fine Tiffany.” She glared at me “I’m just trying to save you from becoming an old maiden.” “I don’t need saving. I can do things myself. Thank you and goodbye.” I walked away leaving the dull people to their dull conversations.