Final

Beauty is Subjective

It`s my first day of school here in Seoul. Well... because I in my old school. My parent`s decide to move me here, with hope that I`ll change into someone smarter and nicer because they believe that my new school student`s emits good vibes.

The school was huge and cool in some sort of way, but my first impression towards it was "Woah I bet there`s plenty of space to hide around this school." Why would I say that? Urmm because I would just need some hiding place for urgent matters yknow. I look at the school map that was given earlier by my parent`s to search for the principal`s room.

*Knocking his door*

"Come in."

"Good morning Mr.Prinicipal." I smile widely. Trying to be nice for my first day of schoo.

"Good morning, how can I help you?" He smile back at me.

"I`m the new student that just move from Busan. I wanted to know which class am I located in and I need my timetable for the class that I`ll be going to."

"Wait a second." He pull out two sheets of paper and hand it to me.

"It`s written there in the paper which class will you enter, your timetable, your clubs, your sports. Everything information that you`ll be needed." He continued

"Mmmkay thanks. Have a nice day Mr. Principal." I walk away from his room and start reading every piece of information that`s written in the paper. My eyeballs are focusing on the paper and not on the path that I was walking. I accidentally stumbled upon some girl.

"Oh, sorry. I didn`t see you." I quickly apologize.

"You didn`t see me? I`m so fabulous and you didn`t see me? Are you blind?" She shout at me.

"I was reading something and I didn`t see that you are blocking my way."

"I was blocking your way? You`re the one who`s not looking where you`re going." Now everyone eyes in on us.

"Okay! Put the blame on me. I already apologize. So shut it girl!" I can`t tolerate this kind of Queenka.

"No one dare to answer me back! Apologize it`s not enough to fix the damage."

"What damage you dummy! You still able to stand perfectly. No bones is broken nor any skin or flesh is torn." Everyone behind her is giggling.

"Your..your... your.. paper cut my skin!" Stuttering to cover her stupidity.

"Do you want my scissors to cut it even deeper for you?" I took out my scissors from my bag. Slowly closing the gap between me and her.

"Argh!" She run away from me.

"Spoiled brat." I mutter before continuing my journey to find my class.

 

I found my locker then my class. My class teacher ask me to introduce myself. It`s the normal thing that we always see when someone new is entering class. I sit alone at the back of the class. I don`t actually not having friends in my class, cause duh I came here to study not to find friends. Suddenly someone throw a tiny paper ball at my face. I look around to see who did it. I saw this guy two tables away waving at me. I wave back at him. Weird.

It`s finally recess!!!! I quickly keep my books in the locker and took out the ones that I`ll be needing for later on. To the cafeteria we go.

"Hey wait up!" I heard someone grab my hand.

"Huh?" I look around to see the guy who wave earlier at me is behind me.

"Hi! My name is Lay."

"Hi Lay. Let`s save the introduction for later. I`m starving!" I pull him along to the cafeteria.

We both sit at the same table and exchange information about each other.

"Oh you`re in science club too?" He exclaimed while munching his bread.

"Yeah. Why?"

"I`m in too! Let`s go together later okay? I`ll introduce you to my science club friends."

"Don`t you have any other friends in the class?" I ask him.

"I do but they`re not as fun as my science club friends."

"How about me?" I cheekily ask.

"You`re fun!" He answer honestly.

"Sweet talker!" I told him before we heard a loud pang. Everyone is looking at the tall fat guy and the Queenka that I argue with earlier on.

"Look where you`re going to fat boy!" She spit the harsh word on the fat boy. I quickly run towards the boy and Lay followed behind. Poor boy, just looking down on the floor.

"Hey stop it!" I push the girl away from the boy.

"You again!" She glared at me.

"Yeah so? Wanna me to continue to cut your skin?"

"You won`t dare." She snicker.

"Oh yeah? Watch me." I take the fork on the table beside me. I grabbed her hand and slowly carress her skin with the fork before stopping on her veins. Slowly pressing into the skin.

"STOP!" She scream.

"Say sorry to him!" I firmly told her.

"What? No way!"

"Fine! Let me scrap the flesh out of you."

"Okay! I`m sorry!" I let her go and grab the fat boy with me. Heading out of the cafeteria.

"Are you okay?" I ask him. He just look down and nodded.

"Hey! Chin up. She won`t disturb you anymore." I told him. He just smile at me. He is so cute.

"Chanyeol hyung are you okay?" Lay ask him.

"I`m fine Lay. I`ll be heading to class now." He leave both me and Lay behind.

"Poor boy." I mutter alone.

"Yeah, he have this low self esteem because of his appearance. But truth to be told, he`s actually the smartest in this school."
"Really? That`ll be such a waste then if he`s always have low self confidence."

"By the way, you crazy girl!" Lay hit me.

"What did I do?"
"That girl that you argue with! Gosh her boyfriend is so omg. So...."

"So what??"

"So scary. Her boyfriend is a gangster, but he`s not from this school. You`re safe for now, but I can`t gurantee you that he would not find you after school."

"Oooo I`m scared. Pssh Lay, chill I will be fine. Trust me. Let`s go back to class." We both went back to class after that.

After the school ends, Lay and I went to the science lab for Science club meeting. Guess who was in there too? That fat boy named Chanyeol.

"Hi Chanyeol!" I say hi to him before sitting down next to him.

"Hi." He shyly answer me. Lay was busy introducing his friends to me. All of them seems nice. They even treat Chanyeol nicely. I wish everyone in school is like this, but then no. This is the sad truth.

We were discussing some of the science projects, and Chanyeol`s idea was the most brilliant. I could never think of something like that. Lay was right! Chanyeol is so smart.

After the meeting, I wave goodbye to all the Science club members including Chanyeol and Lay. Lay, told me to be cautious because that Queenka`s boyfriend will eventually preying on me outside of the school gate.

I was just a few metres away from the bus stop when the Queenka`s boyfriend`s gang dragged me into the dark alley.

"Urgh who are you guys! I`m late. Move!" I told them.

"After injurinng and threatening our leader`s girlfriend do you think our leader will let us let you go just like that?" One of the guy speak up.

"Oh my god! Who is this leader of yours! Let me meet him!" I told them.

"You think by begging to him everything will be fine?"

"You guys are so boring. Just call him to come here already! Or else.."

"Or else what?" They smirk at me.

"Or else...." I slowly walk to them and grab one of them. I twist his hand to the back and kick his leg resulting him kneeling while facing them with both of his hand is tied with a cable tie. I always carry cable tie along, incase I need to tie stuffs. Taking out my favourite weapon from my blazer`s pocket and put it on his neck.

"I will cut his neck in front of you guys. Bit by bit." They look terrified with what just happen. Didn`t expect me to act like that I guess.

"Fine! We`ll call our leader." I can`t really hear what they discuss on the phone but it seems successful. Few minutes later I saw a sillhouette of a tall guy and a girl is coming towards us. He looks familiar to me. Then it clicks me.

"Oh! It`s you Tao!" I answer in joy.

"You?" His eyes almost popped when he saw me. He come towards me and hugged me.

"I miss you little sister. How are you?"

"I miss you too." Acting a little flirty in front of Tao to make that Queeka jealous.

"What are you doing here?" He ask me in caring voice. I slapped his hand and facing my back towards him.

"You! How dare you wanted to hurt me. You and your gang. You no longer love me." I fakely cry. Really did turn the annoyed button of the Queenka on.

"Baby! She`s the one who almost hurt me this morning." She try to provokes him.

"I did not! She`s the one who started it! Being arrogant and all. I already apologize and she still make it a big fuss. She must be put to blame. Sheeeeeee." I pointed at the Queenka childishly.

"Why are you always like this. Just because I`m your boyfriend, doesn`t mean you can bully whoever you want especially her. I`m tired of getting my boys into childish fight like this because of you. You need to stop that bad habit of yours! Do you understand?" Tao told her girlfriend. She was shock with his reactions.

"Why are you defending her?" She asked.

"It`s because she`s the old who help me when I was attack in Busan. I almost died, but she manage to fight with my opponent. She`s also the reason why that I have some recruits in Busan. She means a lot to me do you understand?" His explanation leaving the girl to drop her jaw.

"Quit talking you two! I need to be home now!" I told Tao.

"Let me send you." Tao invited me to enter his car.

"Yeah you should send me since the bus have left me because of your girlfriend childish act!" Tao just laugh before asking his boys to send his girlfriend home because he`s sending me home. Wehoo serve her right!

"What are you doing in Seoul?" Tao ask me while driving.

"Studying duh!"

"Why did you move here? You have a great gang there."

"That`s why my parent`s wanted me to move here. Those gang stuffs caused me to neglect my studies. So here in Seoul they believe that I`ll change into someone better. First day already started off like this. How can I concentrate on my studies. Tell me!" I shake his shoulder.

"I promise this kind of thing won`t happen tomorrow onwards, I`ll be protecting you. Don`t worry."

"You better pay my good deed!" Tao just laughed. Is that all he can answer me? Laughing. Am I that funny?

 

I surprise Lay the next day by coming to school looking perfectly fine.

"How did you survive? Am I dreaming?" He pinched himself.

"Silly! Nothing happen yesterday. I am safe. See?" I twirled around.

"Impossible that Queenka won`t report about you to her boyfriend."

"Because her boyfriend is a gangster, that`s why everyone in this school don`t dare to mess with her. That why she can do whatever she wants right?"

"Yeah, everyone who have gotten into trouble with her will end up leaving this school. Always. That`s why I was surprise you`re still here. Tell me what happen!!!"

"Psshh Lay. Don`t be so funny okay? It turns out that her boyfriend is my long lost friend okay? He loves me so much as his little sister. He loves me more that her okay don`t worry. He won`t do any harm to me." I squish Lay`s face with my both hand.

"By the way, Chanyeol wanted to give this to you, but he`s shy, so he ask me to pass it to you."

"What is this?"

"I don`t know, he just wanted to say thank you for rescuing him from being ashamed by a thousand time by that Queenka."

I open the box and saw a medium size rilakuma plushie. When I squeeze it, it emits light.

"Woah cool. I like it so much!"

That recess, I invited Chanyeol to come to my house to help me with some project and he agreed.

 

*Door bell ringing"

I open the door, expecting Chanyeol to appear. And yes there he is in front of me.

"Come in." I told him.

"You live alone?" He ask while following me from behind.

"Yeah, my parent`s always travel so yeah here I am alone, with you hihi."

"So what project do you want me to help you on?"

"Oh this. I don`t really understand. This carry a huge mark for my final exam." I show hime the insturction paper. He immediately explain to me every single detail. Man.. I wish I met him earlier. I would have been smarter earlier.

He was helping me to build the project. As he was busy doing it, I secretely steal a glance at him. He is so cute. True he is fat, but doesn`t mean fat people doesn`t have any feelings. Doesn`t mean they don`t look attractive to much people means that they are such a huge humilation. NO! I really disagree on this. It`s not like they wanted to be humiliate. Those people who always make fun of them are the ones who are losers not them.

"Hello?" Chanyeol caught me looking at him called me back to reality.

"Uh yes?"

"Do you understand what I just explain just now?"

"Huh which one? Can you explain once more. Hihi" How can I remember. I was daydreaming about him just now. But he did explain it all over again to me. So that I can present my project with full information. He really help me a lot.

"Can you tutor me please." I begged him.

"I`m not really good at it tho."

"Please, you`re so smart and I need to smart to. Help me please." I batted my eyelash at him. Trying to persuade him.

"Okay. I`ll come to your house often to teach you."

"Yeay!" I jump and hug him. Feeling so happy. But then after I realise what I did, I release him.

"I`m sorry." I told him.

"It`s fine. See you in school tomorrow." He wave me good bye. I can see his blushing face after I hug him. I should stop making those kind of thing to Chanyeol. He`ll have heart attack if I continue doing so.

As days goes by, Chanyeol and I starting to get closer and closer. He is more open to me now. His shyness slowly fades when he`s with me. He is so naive and innocent. No wonder he is easily bullied. But after we became close, no one ever bully him again. I start to fall for him. But then I didn`t know how to confess to him. He is 3 years older than me, but that doesn`t matter. It`s just that I don`t know to confess okay? I never did okay?

But then one day, he started to avoid me. I didn`t know what have I did wrong .

"Chanyeol stop!" I stop him from running away from me.

"I need to go to class now."

"No! Why are you avoiding me?"

"Nothing." He told me. His eyes avoiding mine.

"Tell me the truth!"

"Don`t hurt me anymore please! Stop playing with me." He push me and walk away.

I don`t understand. Hurt him? Playing with him? I don`t get it. The next day, I wanted to ask him what`s this all about. But then the reality caught me off guard. Lay told me that Chanyeol have move to Japan. He receives scholarship from one of the University there.

"He didn`t even tell me anything Lay! I`m so disappointed. I thought we were close."

"I didn`t know about it either until one of his science club member told me."

"What had happen to Chanyeol?" I wonder to myself.

 

 

Few years later.

"It`s the second week of working out and I`m already dying??" I mutter to myself feeling exhausted in the gym. I started working out after graduating from high school. Since I`m free for now, so why not right?

Suddenly I heard few girls squeling and screaming when they saw this one guy entering the gym. He reminds me of someone. He looks like.. Chanyeol. But then Chanyeol is plus size, this guy is all toned. Maybe I just miss him so much that`s why. I feel dizzy all of the sudden. I quickly pack my stuff and ready to go home.

Someone then tap my shoulder.

"Excuse me miss, you forgot your water bottle." It was the guy earlier who I thought was Chanyeol

"Thanks." I told him.

"Are you okay? You look pale." He sound like Chanyeol too. I thought.

"Nah I`m fine." I smile weakly at him. I was about to step out of the gym and suddenly my vision is getting blur. I fall and all I could remember.

I woke to the sound of people talking. My head still feels heavy. I look the left and I saw IV drips is connected to me. I turn right to see the same guy who I last talk to before I pass out is standing in front of me.

"Are you a doctor?" I weakly ask.

"Yes. You pass out at the gym and I brought you here. I volunteer to be incharge of you."

"Why would you volunteer?"

"Because I simply want to."

"Did you bring my fitness bag along?"

"Yeah. Why?"

"Can you please take out the rilakuma plushie in that bag?" I saw him froze when he take out the plushie.

"I know I am a weird freak who brought her rilakuma plushie along to the gym."

"No, this rilakuma reminds me of someone." He told me.

"Oh you too? I always bring this rilakuma along with me because it makes me feel like Chanyeol is always there with me. Brighten up the dark when I hug him."

"Who`s Chanyeol?" He ask me.

"A senior that I fall in love with. Didn`t get to confess to him tho. He left to Japan without telling me. I guess, I`m nothing special to him."

"I thought you are in relationship with Lay and Tao the Queenka boyfriend."

"What? No. Pssh Lay is in love with some girl name Natasha. And That Queenka`s boyfriend is my long lost friend. He just love me as his little sister. Not more than that. How funny to be thought being in relationship with those two. Who told you that?"

"That Queenka."

"Oh that Queenka, she`s a . Never trust her okay? Wait a second. How did you know about Lay, Tao and that horrible Queenka?" I just realise that he know about me.

"It`s because I`m Chanyeol."

"Eh? You diet? Workout? How can I determine if you are really Chanyeol?"

"You starred at me the whole time I was explaining to you about your project back at your house. And yes I workout and diet." That incident that happen in my house is only experience by the two of us. So I believe that he is Chanyeol.

"You ! You leave me without saying anything. You hurt me!" I throw the plushie at him.

"I`m sorry. I wanted to reject the scholarship at first but then after hearing about you being in a relationship with two guy irks me. I thought you are a play girl. And I don`t want to be the next victim. I was hurt because I was already fall in love with you at that time. So I decided to accept the scholarship and fly to Japan." He explain everything.

"Why are you here now?"

"I completed my studies already and here I am taking care of you."

"Go away! You are so mean to me. You left me. You have this negative thinking about me. Go!" I throw him my pillow now.

"Hey! I`m sorry okay?" He hugged me, stopping me from throwing more things at him.

"Not forgiven."

"Please. I love you. Don`t you know how many years have I suffer from this heart ache. Finally meeting you and knowing that all of that is just lie cures me."

"But it doesn`t cures me." I protested

" I worked so hard on my exercise and diet. I hate looking at myself everyday. I thought after having a toned body, I will have that happiness that never appear after I left you. I was wrong, being slim doesn`t make me any happier. I still long for you. I still love you after all these years. I`m sorry." Chanyeol cried.

"Aww don`t cry. I forgive you." I smile at him.

"Really?"

"Yes! Just that, promise me to only love me. I am selfish yknow. I don`t like sharing."

"I promise.".

"I love every inch of you. I don`t mind if you`re plus size or toned. It`s your heart that matters."

"Thank you." He replied me as he blushed. Realising that he still have that shyness in him, something evil have crawl out in me.

"Kiss me." I told him.

"Huh?" He pretend not hearing what I say while his face is getting redder.

"I said kiss me." I am so cheeky I swear.

"Kiss you?" He look down while fiddling with the hem of his shirt.

"Yes! Kiss me if you love me. Come on." I try to hold my laughter as long as I could. I can`t believe I did this to him. Poor guy.

"Fine! You don`t..." I didn`t get to finish my words because he have succesfully land his lips on mine. Sealing it. Soft and tender. I pull out first to gasp for air. I can see him looking down shyly.

"Brave guy now huh?" He just smile at me.

"Gosh stop being so cute!" I told him and pull him for another kiss.

 

 

 

OMG SO LONG! THE END