Santa Baby!

Remember December

Seulgi loathes holiday festivities, especially Christmas. Partly, because she's hates Jesus but overall, she really hates the idea of it. Every time this stupid holiday lands on the 25th of every December, she feels isolated. 

 

Wendy, Joy and Irene are Christians so she's always staying home when they are coming over at their own houses, leaving her in their apartment. It's okay because she's on a marathon for approximately 3-4 days while they're away while she's being accompanied by food, television or, sometimes, a prying Taeyong. 

 

"Come on, Sseul." Taeyong hollered behind the door while peeking on the small opening. "Let me in! I just want to see if you're okay and alive."

 

"You little prick." Seulgi hissed, still not opening the door. She started sneezing after she saw him holding his dog, Ruby. "You even brought that stupid furball?! You know how I'm allergic to dogs!"

 

"But I can't leave her out in the open." Taeyong caressed Ruby as if it's dying in his arms. "And, wow. You called him a furball. Hearing that from you makes me assume you've grown close to her, amirite?"

 

Seulgi opens the door and Taeyong looked a little shocked. "Dog and furball are the same words, okay. Alright, you can come- hachoo!" She wipes her nose with her hand. "Damn it, Taeyong. Next time on your way here, drop her dead or bury her in a snow."

 

"How can you say that?!" Taeyong lets go of his dog on the living room where it suddenly chased its own tail, amusing itself and the pair. "Look at her, she's a grown-up woman already. Makes me wanna question who's more childish, Seulgi or Ruby?"

 

"Yah!" Seulgi punched Taeyong on his arms. "Also, you say that as if she's really a human being." She laughs at him while not tearing her gaze from the playful dog. 

 

"She is. Just in a form of an animal." Taeyong trails off which always makes Seulgi admire him. Taeyong always does that whenever he talks about his dreams and passions, very contrary to whatever Seulgi is always saying to him. "The ironic thing is, you found her and I'm the one who didn't yet you hate her and I love her."

 

"That's just how it works." Seulgi says a matter-of-factly. "Like my religion, you're a Christian while I'm an Atheist."

 

"For the last time, Seulgi." Taeyong says sternly. "You're not an Atheist. You're a Christian."

 

"I don't believe in Gods or anything ty like that." Seulgi tells him and went inside the kitchen upon hearing a tinkle of a bell. She still continued with a voice echoing into the living room. "And also, I'm planning to change mine in due time. For instance, two weeks from now."

 

"What?!" Taeyong is agitated. He never knew Seulgi could do such thing. "It's Christmas for 's sake! At least, respect the birth of Jesus! And how are you gonna get married anyway when there's no religious ceremony of some sort?"

 

Seulgi comes out of the kitchen with a pretty apron and a Braised Spicy Chicken contained in a bowl in her small, pale hands covered in big mittens. She raised eyebrows at Taeyong who has his mouth agape. "What? Earlier you were scolding me about not getting married because a person pinned on a cross wouldn't be looking at me and my unfortunate wed-to-be because I'm gonna be an Atheist soon."

 

As much as Seulgi hates Jesus, Taeyong hates how Seulgi takes him by surprise and catches him off guard. He hates how she makes his heart pound just by wearing a plain, old and worn out apron and yet she still looks decent in that clothing. "Y-you look stunning in that apron."

 

Seulgi flushes beet red. This is the first time Taeyong complimented her when there is no one around. She stuttered. "Shut the up, okay? You just told me that because you're not actually looking at my face but on the food in my hands. Or did you just told me that to change my mind because it's not gonna happen, mister."

 

"Whatever." Taeyong helps her fix up the tatami mat spread across the room and Ruby is now sleeping peacefully beside the bright fireplace which is keeping the room warm. "This is your favorite, right?"

 

"Why are you asking?" Seulgi digs in to the food, not minding if she's eating it sloppily or messily. If she's with Taeyong, she's comfortable to be just Kang Seulgi. "Oh my God, I'm such a good cook."

 

"You're getting full of yourself again." Taeyong looks at her face and realizes that they have known each other since they were in diapers. He never realized how the boyish Seulgi he used to play basketball with has grown up to be a beautiful woman. "You know.."

 

The silence that engulfed the room made Seulgi realize that Taeyong just said something in which she didn't reply for, like, a minute or so. "Oops. Sorry. I was too busy eating." Seulgi started to pay attention to Taeyong who just started petting Ruby. "What were you saying--"

 

He shuts her up with a kiss on the cheek. The sauce of the chicken lingered on Taeyong's lips but he didn't care anyways. When he saw Seulgi looking mortified, he quickly retracted himself and cowered in embarrassment under his blanket. Seulgi still remained immobile, at least in his knowledge.

 

"I-I'm sorry." Taeyong apologized feebly, still not removing himself under the blanket. "I'm assuming you'll gonna kick me out of your house or, perhaps, in your life forever... but, please hear me out." He still continued when he didn't hear or feel any movements coming from Seulgi. " I know it's kind of stupid when I did it but what that kiss meant is, I love you. I love you Kang Seulgi and I never wanted to leave you here alone and as much as I hate being away from my family, the same I hate being away with you and-- what the heck, I want you to go with me so we can go to my parents' house tonight and introduce you as my girlfriend so the sole reason that I'm here is that....I want to ask you if you want to go out with me..."

 

Taeyong is out breath. The remark he made all the energy in him. Moreover, Ruby finally woke up from her slumber and started to pull the blanket over Taeyong's and ran to a room. Ruby remained quiet while feasting on the blanket; so did Taeyong. So did Seulgi, too, albeit the only two people didn't feast on a blanket but basked themselves in uncomfortable silence. Taeyong's only protective shield is now gone with the stupid furball. Now he understands the hate Seulgi felt for Ruby. Now, the state he's in made him feel vulnerable and weak. He doesn't want to look up because he's afraid for what he's about to see.

 

After a minute or so, Taeyong pulled one chicken and started to eat still without looking up. Seulgi finally says something. "But you hate my cooking."

 

"I-I love it." Taeyong says admiringly. "You know how I love the things that go with you."

 

"Taeyong-ah." Seulgi's rather unusual soft voice makes its way in Taeyong's ears and he feels her shifting movements. "You know why I hate Ruby?"

 

"You have dog allergies." Taeyong sighs, assuming this is the rejection he's waiting for and he reckons she doesn't want to be a jerk so she might be comparing him with a good and stupid dog. "I get it."

 

"Actually, I don't have that." Seulgi giggled madly. "I just want to mess with you."

 

"What?!" Taeyong finally looks up and sees a blushing and shy Seulgi, staring directly at him. He suddenly jerked his head down and flushed much to his chagrin. 

 

"You know how I found her and I just want to see if you'll treasure her even if I wanted to throw her away. Also, it's because she's the reason we're strong as glue right now and....I've loved you for a while now so...."

 

"You what?!" Taeyong looked up again and saw her face. This time, he didn't bother looking down. "Why didn't you tell me?"

 

"Because I'm afraid of rejection, Taeyong." Seulgi says. "I want to send Ruby away or make her get lost because she's the reason we're together as friends and I just keep imagining before the days that we're not as close and you don't know how I keep hurting when we care together for that stupid dog."

 

"But it doesn't matter anymore, right?" Taeyong goes to her side and scoots himself closer to Seulgi, resting his arm over her shoulder. "Because we like each other."

 

Seulgi pushed him away playfully. "I still didn't say yes, you prick!" 

 

He kisses her now, full on the lips. "How about now?"

 

"Grab the stupid dog and your keys." Seulgi pulls him by the hands. "We're going over to your parent's house." 

 


Fact about Taeyong:

  • Has a dog named Ruby

Fact about Seulgi:

  • Likes Braised Spicy Chicken

 

I searched it on Google. it bichez!!!