Precious Time

Hide and Seek

„Hanbyul, where are you?“ Hanbin screamed, but no answer.
“Dammit I shouldn’t have played hike and seek with her in YG. That place is too damn big.”
“Yo, Hanbin, what are you doing?”
Hanbin turned around to see Mino walking to him. He was wearing a black top with low cutted sides. In his hand some ice cream.
“Mino, did you forget it’s winter?”
Mino checked his look and smiled. “Yeah well, dance training, you know.”


He shrugged it off like it was nothing but it kinda was something to Hanbin but later. He had to concentrate on his sister.


“Mino, did you see Hanbyul? I was so stupid to play hide and seek with her when I know how sincere she plays the game. And that damn building is so big that girl could hide everywhere and she won’t come out until I find her.”
“No I haven’t seen her around but I gonna help you searching for her. Training is over. I have some free time now.”
“Great. Thanks Hyung.”


They went into the next room checking every corner, every spare place, simply everything.


“Well, we can at least leave out YGs part of the building”, Mino tried joking. “She is too afraid of him to hide there.”
Hanbin laughed. “I still don’t get why she is afraid of him. She plays with his daughter. He is only nice to her and still she hides behind my legs whenever she sees him.”
“It has to be his eyes.” Mino joked. “Have you seen his creepy stare. He’ll stare right down to your soul with that eyes.”
“I don’t know what you mean.”


Hanbin laughed but chocked in a moment because Mino grabbed his chin and turned it towards him. He stared right into his eyes. Into those dark brown eyes. Only a few centimeters away from him. His face only a few centimeters away from him. No Hanbin don’t look to his lips it would give you away. Only look into his eyes. Into his eyes which are as deep as the sea or even deeper. This was a freaking torture. He slapped his hand away.


“Mino, what’s wrong with you?”
Mino gulped heavily. “That’s the stare I meant. Just wanted to demonstrate you.”
“Great.”


In silence they went on searching for the little girl. No need of a conversation as they went from room to room. Their conversation needed no words. Just by looking into each other’s eyes they knew where to go, what to do. It was kinda creepy how good friends they became that they didn’t even needed words anymore.


“We’re searching for one hour already. When we don’t find her in half an hour we go into YG’s office and take a look through the cameras.”
Hanbin turned towards Mino. “Are you ing kidding me? Why didn’t you remind me of the cameras earlier. I totally forgot.”
“How could you forget about the cameras? I always remind myself to be careful what I do because he can see everything.”
“I should take care of that too more often.”

Hanbin looked kinda shocked remembering the he did together with his guys.

“I hope he didn’t mind the stuff we did.”
Mino gave him a simple clap on his shoulder. “I guess he didn’t or else he would’ve said something.”
“That’s probably true.”
Together they went to the elevator and drove into the highest floor to check the monitors in YG’s room. Simply they describe the problem to YG and he lets them into the room.

“So, where could she be? Can we just go back to the time where we decided to play the game and follow her steps?”


Hanbin looked towards the technician, who just nodded and did something at the pc. They could follow Hanbin’s steps back on the screen. They saw the moment Mino grabbed Hanbin’s chin. Hanbin looked down embarrassed. That guy always brought him into embarrassing moments. Only a few days before he just came to him and kinda hugged him. But not in a normal way. He run towards him, greeting him with a hug and then lifted him off the ground and spun him around. Bobby kept on for ages.

“Here she is.”

The technician showed them on of the studios. Next to her sat Jiyong and Youngbae chatting or discussing about new music. Hanbyul laid on the sofa and looked like she’d fallen asleep.

“I could’ve thought of that. What’s with Jiyong that every single child always loves him and wants to be with him.”
“He is not the only one who is loved by every child. You too, Hanbin. I guess it’s because you both love children so unbelievable much.”

Hanbin shrugged his shoulder and went to get his sister. Mino right behind him. Following him like a shadow. When they arrived at the studio they greeted Jiyong and Youngbae like they always do.

“Hey Hyung! Taking care of my sister, did you?” Hanbin smirked at Jiyong and gave him a fist bump. Mino was still kinda shy around Jiyong and just said hi and bowed a little.
“Someone had to take care of such a cute human being right? And she told me I may not tell you because you were playing hide and seek.”
“Yeah. Kinda stupid idea. I take care of her now.”

Hanbin lifted his sister of the sofa and carried her out of the door. Mino carefully hold open every door which was in the way of the younger one.

“You carrying her home all the way or taking a taxi?”
“Gonna carry her. It’s not far as you know and she is a leightweigh.”
“Mind me coming with you? The other members went home for the day and I’m kinda bored.”
“What’s Jinwoo doing?”
“I don’t know. Why are you asking?” Mino was brought out of concept because of that question.
“Ah. I don’t know. It just seems like you spend a lot of time together lately and normally you spend your free time with him.”
“Are you jealous?” Mino smirked at Hanbin, one eyebrow raised in that damn y manner of him.
“Naw, just curious.”
“No, really I have no idea what he’s doing today. Maybe spending some precious time with Jinhwan. They didn’t really meet up lately. But what’s it? Can I come home with you?”
“Mino, open your eyes.” Hanbin laughed. “We’re almost there.”

And really only a few streets more and they’d be at Hanbin’s house. Mino only had been a few times there with Hanbin. It was small but cosy and every centimeter reminded him of Hanbin. They went the last bit of the way in silence. Hanbin carrying his sister carefully and Mino went behind him watching his every move.

When they went into the apartment, Hanbin carried Hanbyul into her room and placed her on her bed. Silently he closed the door behind him and came to Mino into the living room.

“My mum will only come back in two hours around 10PM.”
“You telling me I have two entire hours with you and only you alone. Woah, precious time. I can’t even remember when the two of us were alone the last time. More than just five minutes I mean.”
“Probably before Mix and Match.” Hanbin yawned. He didn’t sleep at all last night and was kinda tired. But he didn’t want to miss out the possibility to spend time with Mino.
“You look tired.”
“So do you.”
“Hanbin, you know the difference between tired and dead tired. When did you sleep for more than six hours the last time?”
“Six hours? I rarely sleep four hours.”
“I know, Hanbin. That’s what I’m saying.” Mino sighed.
“I’m worried about you, Hanbin.”
“So is everyone. But there is no need to. I love what I do. There is no one who forces me to stay up that late. I want to.”
“But why?”
“I have nothing better to do.”
“You could chat a bit with your friends, you know. Do some stuff. Go out.”
“My friends are all tired as well. They train over the day as well, you know that. And going out? Why. Alone? No thanks.”
“You know you could date.”
“Haha good joke. You know the rules. No dating.” Hanbin looked Mino into the eyes. He didn’t know what the older wanted to say with his talk. He was tired. He didn’t want to talk about stuff like that. He just wanted to enjoy the day with him. “Mino, listen. I don’t want to talk about stuff like that. Let’s just enjoy the time, okay? Who knows when we’ll have time to enjoy that again.”
“True. Although I want to date. No matter what YG says. He won’t even notice and I found a little hideout.”
“You did?” Hanbin raised a brow at the older. “Tell me.”
“Not yet. I first have to know whether you’re ready for that.”
“What? Okay. Whatever. I don’t care.”
“Let’s watch some TV.”

Mino the TV while Hanbin sat down onto the big sofa. Mino some random music show and snuggled next to Hanbin. They liked to check out the other bands together. Always looking whether there is something that could get scary for them.

“I envy them”, Hanbin said as some small group called C-Clown appeared on the screen.
“You do, why? They are totally underrated. Almost no one knows their name.”
“Exactly. I guess they can run around without being recognized. I guess they know almost all the names of they fans. I guess they can talk with them freely when seeing them on the street. I’d like to have that too. I’d like to be able to give back the love of the fans. But I choose YG because it’s better for me. I wouldn’t be happy in an unimportant group.”
“You’d make every single group important, Hanbin.”

Hanbin turned his head to find Mino staring at him. His eyes shining. A small loving smile on his lips.

“What?”
“You’re such an inspiration, Hanbin.”
“I am?”
“Yeah. Surprise. Surprise.”
“Why?”
“Are you for real. Shall I tell you everything?”
“Yes please.” Hanbin smirked at Mino. He’d like to know what the older liked about him.
“Well then, I start in the beginning. When I first met you, you impressed me, a lot. You looked so sure. You absolutely knew what you do and what you wanted to be. And you did everything to make your dream come true. It seemed to be so easy for you to write a song. It’s like you opened your book and it immadiatly appeared in front of you. I was so impressed by your passion, your never stopping fire. That’s what I liked about you in the beginning.”

Mino clearly didn’t want to say more. Hanbin could see the older one turning slightly red. But he wanted to know more. He had a feeling this was important. He had the feeling he had to press the older to say what he really felt. Like it was important for his well being or so.

“You say in the beginning. Does that mean you like even more about me now? Hyung, please.” Hanbin even pulled aegyo on him, knowing Mino couldn’t resist that.
“Well, dammit. Yeah. I like even more about you now.”
“Tell me.”
“No.”
“Hyuuuung.”

A face with big brown eyes and pouting lips stared at Mino, making it hard for him to resist. The younger almost laid on him by now. Forgotten was that music show. Forgotten was everything around them. This was only about them. Only about real feelings. And it had the taste of confessing.

“Well, you know, I kinda like your entire character now too. In the beginning we were only something like coworkers and now we’re friends, right? Best friends?” Hanbin nodded and gestured Mino to keep going. “ty labels for everything. I hate to label friends. Like you’re best friend. You’re lower than him. You’re more than a friend. And so on. But that’s not what we’re talking about. So, I started to like you as a friend. I noticed you’re noise, you’re moody, you’re unorganized most of the time, you’re dirty, you’re …”
“Hey, isn’t that supposed to praise me.”
“Wait, you stupid. You’re stubborn and you’re definitely not able to wait for a long time. And I thought, great, you have to work with such an .”
“Thank you, Mino.”


Hanbin wanted to get off the older but Mino was faster. He pressed him onto his chest and hold him tight.
 

“Wait”, he whispered.

Hanbin’s breathing went slow. He could hear Mino’s heartbeat and could feel his hands shiver. The things Mino wanted to tell him were not easy for him. He had to wait. He had to be nice to him and listen until he was done talking. He propped up his chin onto Mino’s chest and watched his facial expressions while he was talking.

“But then I saw your nice side. I noticed you were damn stressed at that time. I saw you really cared about your seniors. I noticed you really loved every single one of us. And I kinda got attached to you. I was craving for your friendship because you were so nice to your friends. I wanted to be one too. And I became one and from then on I only noticed even better things about you. And we grew closer. We were almost best friends when Win happened, remember? That made everything worse and first we drifted away from each other. But remember the day you had your little break down and came to me? That was the first time I noticed you also really had weaknesses like I did. I saw your vulnerable side and I wanted to be there for you and take care of you. That was the moment we became best friend. We both knew that in that moment. That’s why Win became even harder for us. But we survived and grew even closer. You helped me whenever you could. You helped all of us. Do you know what I always asked myself? How could you always set the others before yourself? Why do you think of everyone more important than yourself? Thirst I thought you think low of yourself. It really took me a while to recognize all that as love. Pure unconditional love. Hanbin you taught me what love is. With that you inspired me the most. So maybe it’s your fault.” Mino laughed a dry laugh.
“What’s my fault?”
“That I don’t like labels. And that I want to date no matter what. And that I searched for a way to listen to the rules and still date. Maybe you made me find a way. No, not maybe. I’m sure it’s just because of you.”
“Will you tell me now which way you found?”

Hanbin who still laid on Mino’s chest looked up at him with puppy eyes.

“I’m not yet ready, Hanbin. I still have to tell you one last part. That’s the hardest.”
“You can tell me everything, Mino. Whatever it is I won’t laugh.”
“I’m more afraid that you might hate me.”
“I could never hate you.”
“Don’t be so sure about that, Hanbin. But well, I started the entire thing, so I can bring it to an end as well. There is still something about you that I like. And that is your looks.” Mino didn’t look down on purpose but he could feel Hanbin gulp. “I like your puppy eyes. I like your hair. I like your legs. God, your thights are straight from heaven or better hell. Your arms, when they wrap around me. There is no better feeling in this entire universe. Your collarbones. Can’t you put one shirts who hide that part and your neck as well. And the chest aria. The moment you started to work out I knew it would be my end. That’s why you never saw me in the gym, when you were there. I’m glad I never got to see your tummy but I bet it’s delicious. And don’t forget your lips. Your very very kissable lips.”

Mino ended talking and finally looked down to Hanbin. He couldn’t read the youngers face. He loosened his grip and hid his face in his hands.

“I told you, you’d hate me.”
“I’m so thankful, you decided to tell me!”
“What?” Mino took his hands away and saw Hanbin hovering over his face.
“I’m so very thankful that you decided to tell me, what you like about me. So I can easily tell you, what I like, no what I love about you. I love your stupid being. I love it when you’re serious. I love it when you start crying out of no reason. I love it when pissed and pretend to be angry at me. I love how you care about everyone around you. I love it when you’re shy. You’re so totally adorable then. But there are sides I hate about you as well. I hate it when you flirt with some random girl. I hate it, when you’re so y that I want to take you into a lonely room. I hate it when I can see your chest but I’m not allowed to touch it. I hate your legs because they give me pain. I hate it when you run your hands through your hair because that’s what I wanna do. And last but not least I hate it when you bite your lips like now because that makes me want to kiss them so badly.”
“I guess you’re ready for my secret hideout. Ready for the mistake YG made.” Mino whispered.
“Tell me.” Hanbin demanded with husky voice.
“It’s only forbidden to date girls. There is nowhere a word about dating guys.”
“Great”, said Hanbin and crushed his lips onto the olders.