final

Baeterry

The door of Joohyun’s bedroom slowly creaked open, revealing three mischievous brothers of hers. They tiptoed into the room and carefully placed their toys on the floor. They counted to three and jumped into the bed together, “ Noona, wake up! “ They shook her body, causing her to shift uncomfortably. “ Shut up, you brats. “ She warned them and proceeded to wrap herself with the blanket.

 

 “ Noona! ” They screamed, making her shot up with a groan, “ What do you want? “ she asked them while messing with her hair. “ Go to school! “ one of them replied.

 

She took a glimpse at the clock beside her. She woke up five minutes late than the usual. Well, blame the homework that kept her awake last night. She shrugged and made her way out of the bed. Suddenly, a sharp pain attacked her lower abdomen, causing her to stop on her tracks, clutching into it, “ Noona, you are alright?” She waved them off.

 

“ Screw you, period. Screw you, cramps. “


 Joohyun took a deep breath, trying to calm her building anger. Her hands already curled into fists, “ You triplets brats! Come down! “ She threw them a cold look as she asked, “ Where did you hide my shoes? “ The triplets shook their heads, “ Oh you don’t know? Then, who else would know? Give me my shoes or you’ll regret what I’m going to do to you. “  The triplets shivered, suddenly feeling scared of her raising their voice at them.

 

Poor boys had to face the devil queen. If only they understand that she was on her period.

 

They quickly returned her shoes, “ We’re sorry. “ Joohyun slipped into her shoes, “ Now, I’m late because of you. “ She dusted off her uniform, “ Bye, boys! Don’t be naughty. “


Every morning, Seungwan would wait for her everyday and they will walk to the school together but today, to her disappointment, Seungwan wasn’t there. She remembered talking on the phone with Seungwan last night,

 

“ I can’t go to school with you tomorrow. I have a morning practice. “ Seungwan sighed as she explained the truth to Joohyun.

“ But I’ll be lonely! “

Seungwan decided to tease the girl a bit, “ What a clingy girlfriend. “Joohyun hissed,  “ Well, I hate you! “ Joohyun screamed over the phone.

Seungwan burst into laughter, “ Hey hey, “ She tried to calm her raging girlfriend, who was mumbling some cursing words, “ Oh my god, Joohyun. You need to chill. “ She laughed even harder.

“ Listen, I’ll make it up to you, okay? Come on. Don’t be mad at me. “ Seungwan talked in a soft tone, trying to convince Joohyun.

There was a long silence before Joohyun answered, “ Promise? “

Seungwan guffawed, “ I promise. “

With Seungwan’s skills, it was not that hard to convince the girl.

 

Joohyun shook the thought of her girlfriend and fastened her steps to school, not wanting to be late.

 

Well, bad for her, the class already started.


A detention for Joohyun for arriving late to class.

All thanks to her little brothers for hiding her shoes, she had to stand outside of the class with a thick book above her head.

She cursed under her breath, wishing she could kill her brothers that had been pestering her for a while.

 

“ W-woah! What’s wrong?” Seulgi, her desk mate and best friend, startled to see her looking like moody pregnant woman.

 “ I think I want to die. “ Joohyun replied, burying her face in her hands and started to make crying sounds.

Seulgi observed her with a blank expression, “ I think you need Seungwan. “ She shrugged.

She grabbed Seulgi’s arm tightly, causing the other girl to wince in pain, “ What? “ Seulgi asked as she saw panic written all over Joohyun’s face, “ I- I think I left the homework at home. “

Seulgi’s jaw dropped,  “ Oh you’re so dead. “ Seulgi nudged her as the teacher called her name. “ Joohyun, where’s your homework?” She stood up and smiled sheepishly, “ I- I left it. “ The teacher banged the table, “ Clean the class after school ends. “

She groaned in frustration, “ Two detentions in a day? You nailed it, Bae Joohyun. “ Seulgi .

She glared, “ Shut up, don’t make me throw you out of the window. “


Seungwan decided to go check on Joohyun, who was alone cleaning her class. She bumped into Seulgi in the hallway, who was rushing to go home to finish her group project, “Keep her company if you’re free. She looks like she has been dealing with some crazy things today. Maybe seeing you will make her happy. “

Seungwan brought two canned drinks with her as she made her way to Joohyun’s class. 

Chocolate, your favorite.

She peeked through the door and saw Joohyun sitting on her chair, wiping her sweats. Seungwan beamed at the sight of her girlfriend, feeling butterflies in her stomach. It had always been the same feeling every time she looked at her.

Sure, she missed her so much, but their different schedule didn’t allow them to meet.

The girl seemed to be very troubled and Seungwan was going to make her forget about those things.

She sneaked into the class and closed Joohyun’s eyes with her hands. “ Guess who? “ Seungwan chortled, couldn’t keep her excitement.

Joohyun gasped, “ Oh god, finally. “ Joohyun took her hands off gently.

Oh boy, only god knows how much she missed the feeling of latter’s touch even though they had been separated for half of the day.

“ Seungwan! “ Joohyun turned around and threw her body into Seungwan.

Seungwan was surprised but gradually embraced her girlfriend, “ What’s wrong, baby? “ She purposely asked her even though she could guess her answer.

“ Today is an unlucky day for me so, my battery is draining from it. I need you to recharge it. “ She replied as she snuggled into the warmth of Seungwan’s neck. She hugged Seungwan tighter, “ I miss you. “

Seungwan swore she was melted right there by her girlfriend’s action but she had to act cool.

Oh Joohyun, what are you doing to me?

She brought Joohyun closer to her body, “ I miss you too, my baeterry.” She chuckled, “ I hate you, Son Seungwan. “ Joohyun pouted, giving Seungwan hard time to resist to kiss the girl, " I love you, Bae Joohyun. " She pecked her lips.


“ What in the world-“ Joohyun was greeted by her cat’s poop on her bed, “ What the hell?! “ She dropped her bag to floor and cried, “ Seungwan, help me! “

Thus, her battery drained again quickly.

Who would have thought that her cat decided to act like a on the same day?