chpt1~

All I want for Christmas

here's a mini update for now cos it's almost 5am XD

---

ZhouMi is out shopping trying to find a gift to send to his parents and his brother when he remembers that he hasn't seen Mark in a long time since he moved out the house, into the dorms. Ok, it's more of an excuse because he doesn't know what to get him. Hey, don't call him a bad brother just because he doesn't know what his little brother wants. Kids grow up too fast and they're always changing their minds so it's hard to choose a gift. He reasons.

Usually the school doesn't allow visitors but because it's Winter break, they relent. If only just a little.

They decide to meet at the cafe that's connected to the school campus. It's more convenient. He had said to Mark.

Once arrived, there wasn't much students in the cafe. Guess it's because everyone already returned home for break. He thinks to himself before he spots Mark already at one of the tables next to the window. After ordering his drink, he sits across from Mark.

They talk and catch up on missed times before it goes silent.

This should be a good enough time to ask. "Hey, Mark."

"Hm?" Humming in acknowledgement as he looks out the window. It's been getting colder lately. I wonder if it's going to snow soon. I should probably buy a scarf or something.

"Christmas is almost here, what kind of gift do you want?" Staring at Mark expectantly.

Without hesitation. "A puppy." His attention now to his brother.

Tilting his head to the side looking at Mark confused. "I thought you weren't allowed to take care of pets?"

Shaking his head. "It's not that we aren't allowed to take care of pets, it's more so that it'd be 'problematic' because it would be 'distracting'​ to our studies if we raised a pet. But I'm not talking about an actual puppy, I want a Wang-puppie." A small smirk tugging at his lips.

If he wasn't confused before, he's more than confused now. "What does that even mean?"

Chuckling. "Nothing, don't mind what I just said. Anything if fine, ge. What do you want as a gift?" Trying his best to change the subject.

ZhouMi doesn't seem to mind all too much that Mark waved off his question but that didn't mean he wasn't curious still. He'll just have to ask one of Marks friends to help him out a little later on. "You know you don't need to get me anything. Just remember to get mom and dad something." Ruffling Marks hair.

"I already got a little holiday shopping done for mom and dad so don't worry. I just haven't gotten anything for you yet." Shrugging.

"Oh, so we're pretty much on the same boat. Getting stuck on what to give each other." Chuckling.

"Pretty much." He says nonchalantly, turning his attention once again towards the window. "I definitely want a Wang-puppie this Christmas." Mumbling under his breath when he sees the gift he wants just across the street with his friends, laughing.

ZhouMi also turns his attention to look out the window when he hears Mark mumble something under his breath. "Did you say something?"

Mark looks back at him and smiles a big smile. "Nope. I didn't say anything."

A shiver ran up his spine when he saw Mark smile, a smile that was a little too creepy for his taste. "Oh, okay then.."

 

 

---

brain fart hahahah kbye.