Meeting his parents

Giving it a try

It’ve been exactly 3 years since you are together with your boyfriend, Lee Minhyuk and today is the day where he decided to bring you to meet his family.

 

He called you up on your 3rd anniversary, wanting to celebrate with you like how you both always did for the past 2 anniversaries but you didn’t know that today will be one of your stressful day with him.

 

*ring-ring* Your phone rings while you’re still sleeping through the morning shine.

 

I picked up the call and heard a very familiar voice which i always hear everyday and started smiling like how i always smile at him.

 

“Jagi-ah, are you still sleeping?” I nodded, still keep quiet.

 

“Haha i knew it, you sleeping princess. Come meet me at our usual place at 1pm & dress prettily. I’ll see you there later ok, saranghae.” With that, he ended the call.

 

I started leaving my bed and start preparing since it was already 10:43am. I took more time that i did to pick a dress which is perfect for the event of today and i found a sweet pink floral dress and put it on.

 

It was already 12:30pm and i slowly take my time to walk to our usual place as it was very near to my house. So i was actually early when i reach so i took out my phone and took some selfie, which i always does, while waiting for my boyfriend.

 

“Jagi-ah!” He shouted while waving at my direction.

 

I welcome him with a big hug when he’s standing infront of me, smiling and handling me a bunch of roses.

 

“so where are we going today oppa?” I said while feeling excited.

 

“Let’s go to the amusement park! How is it?” Minhyuk said while i show him a ‘OK’ sign and we started heading out with his blue sports car.

 

After spending 3 hours in the amusement park playing the rides, we were both hungry and Minhyuk oppa decided to bring me somewehere else for dinner.

 

While we were on the way for dinner, Minhyuk suddenly stop the car at the side and become very serious when he face me.

 

“Jagi-ah, i have thought about this for very long.. and i really want to bring you over to meet my family tonight.” Minhyuk said while looking into my eyes.

 

“But.. Oppa, you should know that they don’t like us being together and now we’re secretly dating each other without letting them know.” I said while looking down.

 

“I know but we have to try to let them like you and it’ve been more than 1 year since u last see them. Maybe their impression of you have already changed? And what’s more, you’re working now.” He said while holding my hands tightly. “How about giving it a try?”

 

I nodded as i don’t want him to be upset no matter how much nagging i have to hear from his family later on. As long as they accept me, im willing to do anything just to be together with Minhyuk oppa.

 

We’ve arrived at Minhyuk’s house and i hesitated, thinking if i’ve made the right decision to agree with him to meet his family. But as long as i have Minhyuk with me, im sure everything will be fine.

 

*Ding-Dong* Minhyuk pressed the door bell and his mum came out to fetch us.

 

“Hi son, who’s this pretty lady with you?” His mum said as she smiled at me.

 

“Let’s get in and don’t worry, Jagi-ah.” Minhyuk said as he held my hand.

 

I was very nervous as we were sitting directly infront of his parents.

 

“Mum, Dad, i would like to introduce my girlfriend to you.” He said as he nodded at me.

 

“Annyeonghasaeyo, i’m Taeyeon. Minhyuk’s girlfriend.” I smiled at the both of them.

 

“Taeyeonie? Isn’t your previous girlfriend named Taeyeon too?” His mum said as i started getting more nervous than i was as im afraid of getting rejected for the second time.

 

“Neh omma, she’s the Taeyeon which i bring home the last time.” Minhyuk said as he held my hand even tighter.

 

“Omo. HAHAHAHAHA” All we can hear is his mum’s laughter that filled the whole living room.

 

“She’ve become so much prettier than before. Good catch, son.” His mum said while coming infront of us to pat on my shoulder.

 

“I used to dislike you because i was afraid that the both of you won’t last long when i heard Minhyuk telling me that he’s dating you. At that time, the both of you were only 18 years old and he’s still young and not mature enough. But now, i finally know why he always ignore me when i ask him to find a girlfriend. All thanks to you, Taeyeon-ah. Jinjja gomawo, for taking such good care of my Minhyuk.” His mum finish her last sentence then whisper into my ear, “please come more often, im really lonely in this big house with only 2 gentlemen.”

 

I smiled and waved to his mum while she went up to the room together with his dad.

 

“Jagi-ah, qwenchana?” I nodded and give Minhyuk a big warm hug.

 

“Gomawo oppa, for staying in my life. Saranghae.” I said while still hugging him. He pulled away from the hug and look at me. “Nado saranghae Jagi-ah, thanks for not leaving me when i used to be immature. But im really glad that i did not let go of you 3 years ago.” He finished his sentence and gave me a peck on my lips.

 

 

Hope you guys like this story! ^^ Sorry for any typos or grammer mistakes!