Final

Out of My League (of Legends)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“!” Sehun practically shrieked, clicking as many times as humanly possible. His Champion, Malzahar, ran as fast as he could go, Sehun spamming his ‘W’ as he ran.

Jongin laughed loudly at his friend, continuing to ward around the jungle, Thresh gliding around the screen, lantern in hand. “You know, you do have Flash, still,” he teased mercilessly. It earned him a half-hearted glare, but Jongin paid it no mind.

Instead, he took a trip back down to Kyungsoo, playing as Twitch, in an attempt to help him earn more CS and continue to harass Ezreal and Sona. “Took you long enough,” Kyungsoo grumbled as Jongin let his ult loose.

Another chuckle came from Jongin. “Well, better late than never.” Kyungsoo’s ‘E’ hit, and he earned himself a double kill. “Nice job, hyung. Now take the turret, I’m going to help push mid.” Kyungsoo grumbled something unintelligible into his mic, earning another laugh from Jongin as he guided Thresh through the jungle, staying close to the wards he’d laid down earlier.

COCOA BUTTER IS UNSTOPPABLE!

“What the ?!” moaned Sehun. Malzahar collapsed onto the ground of Summoner’s Rift. “And I was doing so good!” His face landed on the keyboard as he groaned loudly.

Minseok chuckled himself, controlling Lulu against the Maokai he was fighting. “Don’t worry, this team has no strategy. Probably a solo queue team, picked from a dozen different challengers. No doubt you’re doing to be fine. We are playing a 5v5, with all five of us,” he replied easily.

“But I’m playing against a Fizz!”

“You can kick the crap out of Fizz! Joonmyeon, your turn. Gank!” Minseok ordered as he landed a killing blow on Maokai with a Glitterlance. “Yes!” he cheered. Pressing ‘B,’ he began to recall back to base, seeing his herd of minions surging towards the tower.

Joonmyeon rolled his eyes. “Don’t order me around, thanks,” he grumbled. “But I got it.” He moved Jarvan IV through the jungle, from bot lane to mid. “Be there in a sec, Hun. Just hold off Fizz for me…”

“I’m dying here!”

“And… there we go.” With a grin, Joonmyeon triggered his ult, leaping out of the jungle and right onto Fizz, combining Cataclysm with Dragon Strike, Golden Aegis, and Demacian Stand, all of his attacks landing onto the small, blue, frog-like creature.

[All] Cocoa Butter (Fizz): What? Noooo I was doing so good ; w ; gj tho Jarvan!
[All] TheGuardianAngel (Jarvan IV): ty, I try

Joonmyeon smirked a little, having received a compliment from a good-natured opponent player. “Well, at least this person has a sense of humor,” he commented.

“They’re a really good Fizz.” Kyungsoo hummed. “You should take lessons, Minseok.” Said player simply stuck out his tongue childishly. “Seriously though, go help Joonmyeon leash, okay?” Minseok sighed, but commanded Lulu to follow Jarvan into the jungle.

Kyungsoo grinned wickedly as Twitch landed the killing blow onto Ezreal, taking no damage from his attacks, thanks to Thresh’s shield.

[All] HallyuStar (Ezreal): daaangggg
[All] HallyuStar (Ezreal): Twitch-Thresh comp op
[All] Healing Touch (Sona): pssh, we have this in the bag sorry boys

Jongin rolled his eyes and landed a Death Sentence on Sona. “Soo?” he prompted. With a wide grin, Kyungsoo used Twitch’s ‘W’ and ‘E’ to land a devastating blow on the support, then take her out.

[All] Healing Touch (Sona): OMG
[All] HallyuStar (Ezreal): thats what you get.
[All] kkamjjong (Thresh): OP COMP FTW
[All] SatanSoo (Twitch): Shut up Thresh.
[All] kkamjjong (Thresh): you wound me T^T
[All] AB Style (Rengar) u guys r wierd…
[All] DansingMasheen (Maokai): omg please, Rengar stop yourself
[All] Baozi Buns (Lulu): check yourself before you wreck yourself~
[All] HallyuStar (Ezreal): YAAASSSS

“What the ?!” Sehun practically shrieked as Fizz landed another kill onto Malzahar. He groaned loudly, his head dropping onto the keyboard.

[All] TheHoon (Malzahar): bgtfvryhnujgfv
[All] Cocoa Butter (Fizz): … you ok Mal?
[All] kkamjjong (Thresh): hes banging his head against the keys
[All] Cocoa Butter (Fizz): Appropriate reaction to me on Fizz.
[All] DansingMasheen (Maokai): srsly she wrecks faces

There was a pause in the chat and in the room. Kyungsoo looked up from his post. “Wait… Cocoa Butter is a female?” he wondered aloud, his eyes going wide.

[All] SatanSoo (Twitch): Fizz is female?
[All] Cocoa Butter (Fizz): **** it Maokai!!!!! Imma keel you!!!! Ahole…
[All] DansingMasheen (Maokai): sry baeee <3

Sehun groaned even louder. “Damnit! I’m getting my kicked by a girl! This is so unfair!” he complained loudly, completely not paying attention to his screen in favor of whining to the rest of his team about the over-powered girl on Fizz. His team didn’t even pay him any mind, and instead, he died again after running into lane.

COCOA BUTTER IS ON A KILLING SPREE!

[All] TheHoon (Malzahar): OMG

Rolling his eyes, Minseok commanded Lulu to the mid lane. “I’m coming, Sehun. You’re feeding Fizz. You know that’s a bad idea.” He paused. “She’s gone.” A few seconds later, he was screaming curses at the top of his lungs as Fizz’s ultimate, followed by every other attack, as well as an Ignite, landed on him.

COCOA BUTTER IS GODLIKE!

“Guys… someone kill that damn Fizz,” seethed Minseok, wearing his most frightening smile.

Joonmyeon grinned. “I’ve got you two. Go ahead, engage on Fizz. She’s got no ult and she’s got no Ignite. Flash is up, but I can get her,” he demanded. He cracked his knuckles and shifted himself forward.

Biting his lip, Sehun nodded. “As long as I don’t feed anymore,” he muttered. “I’m three levels below this stupid frog.”

[All] Cocoa Butter (Fizz): Try and catch me <3

If one looked closely enough, they could most definitely see the vein forming on Minseok’s forehead, ready to burst. “I’m gonna kill this ing smartass frog,” he growled.

As he and Sehun charged into lane with Lulu and Malzahar, Joonmyeon on Jarvan IV running alongside them in the jungle, Sehun peered at the mini map. He nearly groaned aloud as he cried, “Fizz went top with Maokai!”

“Tanky top lane,” muttered Joonmyeon, rushing forward to try and save their turret. Unfortunately, he failed as he was forced out of lane due to some nicely landed attacks by both Fizz and Maokai. He managed to take a large chunk from Fizz, but in the end, they still lost the turret. “Damn it. They’re both super fed. Minseok, you don’t leave Maokai alone!”

“Sorry, sorry! We’re coming up now!”

Jongin laughed as he landed another hook on Sona, pulling her towards him and Twitch. Sona flashed out of range before Kyungsoo could land a final hit as Ezreal launched his ult, nailing both Thresh and Twitch.

The two of them flashed out of range of the rest of Ezreal’s attacks, only to be jumped on by both the jungler and mid laner, Rengar and Fizz, both of them completely destroying them.

DOUBLE KILL!

Kyungsoo frowned, but kept his cool and said nothing. Jongin could only stare at his screen in shock.

“Joonmyeon… you were wrong. This team is definitely not a solo queue team. This is a 5v5 practice.”

“We can still win, guys! Let’s do our best!”

 

 

Jongin stared at his screen in shock and horror. In big, bold letters, Defeat was written across the stats screen, right next to the splash art of Thresh.

Cocoa Butter: gg~
BaoziBuns: gg
BaoziBuns: Fizz-Rengar-Maokai OP
Healing Touch: EXCUSE ME WHAT ABOUT BOT
HallyuStar: we died too much
HallyuStar: it’s your fault
DansingMasheen: overconfidence is bad~
Cocoa Butter: Unnie, I’ll hit him for you
HallyuStar: plz

“Wait… there’s another girl? How many girls does that team have?!” demanded an upset and disappointed Sehun, pouting as he typed into the post-game chat box.

TheHoon: how many girls are on your team?
AB Style: 2, Hallyu & Cocoa
AB Style: urs?
kkamjjong: none
DansingMasheen: omg
kkamjjong: girls can play really well tho like wao
Cocoa Butter: LOL thanks~
HallyuStar: ty, your support was great
HallyuStar: Satan, wanna switch supports?
Healing Touch: HEY
TheGuardianAngel: nononono kkamjjong is ours ; w ;
TheHoon: take him
kkamjjong: I’m hurt hoon TT
Cocoa Butter: LOL you guys are funny
Cocoa Butter: I’m adding you all~
HallyuStar: same same

Five friend requests buzzed in for Jongin, and he quickly accepted all of his new friends with a smile on his face. “They’re nice,” he commented happily as a new chat with the user HallyuStar popped up.

HallyuStar: you play Thresh well
HallyuStar: my support can’t play Thresh
HallyuStar: if you’re not busy, wanna go a round? I wanted to work with a Thresh

He thought for a moment. “Guys, can I go into a game with HallyuStar? She wants to work with a Thresh, since her support doesn’t really play Thresh.”

Joonmyeon looked up. “Hm? Yeah, sure. Five of us are going into ARAM, anyways.”

“Who?”

“Me, Kyungsoo, Cocoa Butter, DansingMasheen, and AB Style.”

“What about Sehun and Minseok?”

“Minseok is hungry, so he’s running to get us food. As for Sehun… he’s pouting.” Joonmyeon gestured to the blond boy, who was sitting sulkily in his favorite beanbag chair, flipping through the prerecorded matches from Worlds. “Let him be for now. He’ll be a little while,” he laughed.

Jongin chuckled as well, watching Sehun draw circles with his finger on the floor. “I’ll let him stew for a little. We’ll watch our game later to see how sloppy we were.” He turned back to his computer as he and his new friend entered the Queue.

HallyuStar: btw you can call me Sunmi
kkamjjong: nice to meet you
kkamjjong: im jongin
HallyuStar: nice to meet you too~
HallyuStar: let’s rock this solo queue

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter