IT’S NOT WOLF 88, IT’S GHOST 88

IT’S NOT WOLF 88, IT’S GHOST 88

NOTE: English is not my first language so sorry if there are mistakes :D I’m trying to improve. Help me to learn *bow*

**********************

IT’S NOT WOLF 88, IT’S GHOST 88

 

                Yixing believes in unicorns but not in ghosts. Weird it may seem but that’s his belief, no one can convince him that there is a higher possibility that ghosts are truer compared to unicorns.

                But one day, an unfortunate event made him believe that ghosts really do exist.

********************

                Yixing was on his way to his bathroom when he slipped due to the unnoticed wet on the floor, causing him to bump his head and faint.

                When he woke up, he is still lying on the floor, with luck on his side; he didn’t feel blood or hemorrhage forming in his head. He stood up but he felt like something is different yet things around him seem to be the same.

                “Maybe I’m just overthinking. Whew.” Yixing said to himself. He continued his way to perform his unstarted business. He took a bath and after that, he walked back his room.

                He opened his bedroom door and closed it. When he turned to face his closet, he saw a man in white standing near his bed, causing him to scream and let go of the loose towel wrapped under his waist.

                “AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!”

                “AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!”

               

             Yixing grabbed the towel on the floor and put it back on his waist and made sure he covered himself tighter. He is still shouting though =_= .

                “AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!”

                “AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!”

               “ENOUGH!” Yixing yelled “Who are you? What are you doing in my room?”

               “AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!”

              Yixing covered his ears and walk towards the man in white and shouted “Yo! Stop screaming! Who are you? Why are you here?”

              The man in white finally kept quiet but didn’t answer Yixing’s questions. He just looked at him expressionless.

              “Hey you deaf? You’ll make me repeat again?” Yixing blurted annoyed, he then tried to grab the man’s arms. TAKE NOTE, “TRIED.”

               But to his surprise, he cannot touch nor hit the man, which horrified him to death. He again fainted.

                Minutes later, Yixing opened his eyes. He looked around to see his surroundings. “OH, maybe that was only a bad hallucination. What the hell is happening to me?” He frowned. He stood up and walked to his closet to grab his clothes.  When he finished dressing himself, he headed towards the door to go out of his rom. The moment he opened the door, he again saw the man in white.

 

                “AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!” when he is about to pass out, the man in white stopped him.

                “Don’t faint!” And Yixing did not really faint.

                “Are you for real?”

                “Yeah.”

                “You finally talked.”

                “Yeah.”

                “Who are you?”

                “I —“

                “Wait. Are you really a ghost?”

                “I think so.”

                “Woah, why are you here?”

                “I –“

               “Wait.Who.Are.You?

               “I –“

               “Wait is this true?”

              “I ---“

              “Am I not dreaming?”

             “Hey! Won’t you let me speak? Retard.”

            “Ooops. Sorry ‘bout that. Hmm. Go on. Answer me now. I’ll be quiet.

            “Yes I’m a ghost, this is true, you’re awake and not dreaming and I do not know why I’m here and I’m Do Kyungsoo, born January 12, 1993, and I think I just died recently and I do not know why, so I guess the reason why I’m here is to ask you help me. “

            “Uhuh. Hmm. Ok—wait?????! Help you? I don’t even know you!”

            “Me too! Just help me okay?

            “I don’t wanna. I’ll gain nothing from that.”

            “Yes you will.”

            Yixing thought for a while. “I really think there’s none. Stop deceiving me.”

“I said there is! If you help me, I’ll be able to know the reason why I died! And I think I’ll be able to rest in peace!”

“So, what it has to do with me? I cannot even relate it to me.”

Kyungsoo rolled his eyes. “Slow poke. Helloooooooo?! Of course, if you help me, I’ll be gone by your side. You’ll not be fainting anymore and you’ll not be interacting with a lost soul anymore and you can help bring peace to me, which is a good deed. You’ll be blessed for being generous Mr.”

“Yixing.”

“Huh?”

“My name is Zhang Yixing. My close friends call me Lay. But because we are not, call me Yixing. Got it?”

“Yeah.. yeah. Whatever. So, you’ll help me?”

“Yeah, as if I had another choice. And just for the peace of all souls, lost or not.”

“Yehey! Thank you!”

“Tss. =_= Be sure not to bother me again after this.”

“Understood!”
                “Good.”

Yixing went out of his room and sat on his couch in the living, followed by the strange soul.

“Uh, I can’t help you if I do not know a single thing about you. I know your name and birthday but I do not know where you’re from. Hm. You sure you’re dead?”

“Hellooooo?! I think so. Why would I be here strolling with no one else can see me but you, as a soul no one notices but only you, if I am not dead? Common sense please.”

Yixing posed like he’s about to punch someone, raising his closed fist with gritted teeth. “You’re s o sassy. Aish. Ok. We suppose you’re dead, but can’t you recall anything?”

“Yeah. I don’t even know why. All I know is my name, birthday and a number.”

“Number?”

“Uhuh.” Kyungsoo said nodding.

“What is it?”

“88.”

“88?”

“No. 87? I said 88 right? Tss.”

Yixing glared. “Hayy.. 88.. hm.” Yixing put his forefinger under his chin and taps it, thinking about something.

“AHA!”

“YOU FOUND SOMETHING?!”

“Yeah.”

“What?”

“88, it may mean hip hop or Heil Hitler, but let’s forget the latter coz it is obviously not. So yeah, hip hop. Do you like to dance?”

O_O Kyungsoo’s face is unreadable. If his face is to be painted, surely the painter will surrender. “Is this some kind of joke? Shall I laugh now? I cannot understand how your head works. You sure it is not rusty?”

“Want me to help you or not?”

“Tss. Yeah, I dance. Actually I feel like I’m a dancer and singer, I just felt it, I don’t really recall. But I don’t think I’ve died dancing.” =_=

“Hmm. Ok. You have a point there.” *awkward silence* *1.. 2.. 3.. 5.. minutes passed.* “Aha!”

“What is it again? Be sure it is reasonable enough, retard.”

“Nah. I didn’t think of anything yet. I’ll just go get a paper and pen to have something to write on. I’ll list all the things we can connect to 88. And we will brainstorm so we can come up with something.”

“Wow. I think you really have a brain now. Good. Good.”

“Tss. Of course I have, I’m human.”

“Yeah, yeah, just do whatever you have to do now.”

 

And so Yixing get a piece of paper and wrote everything they’ve listed about 88:

  • Channel 88
  • Street number (address)
  • House number
  • Restaurants with 88 on their name (if ever)
  • 08:08 time of the day
  • Plate number of vehicles
  • 88th house from Yixing’s
  • 88th floor of a building

 

“OK. So after the list, what we gonna do?” Kyungso asked.

“Of course, we’ll go out and find this to gather clues.”

“We can’t do it in a day.”

“Who said we’re gonna do it in a day? Of course we’ll do it as long a possible. No need to hurry. I agreed to help anyway.”

             “Oh, thank you for that. I’m sorry if I bothered you. It’s only you who can see me so I stick with you.” Kyungsoo genuinely smiled.

 

Yixing saw how beautiful the man looked when he smiled. He felt his heart skipped a beat. He looks away. Geez, he’s a ghost man! Stop blushing!

 

***********

Yixing spent an hour watching television, Channel 88, but found nothing. There’s no suspense, horror nor violent show which can give you a heart attack leading to death. It is full of love stories rather. They then walked towards the #88 street. He asked the people there if there is someone who just died. There are, but it is either an old man or a sick dog which died due to loss of blood by his tick. They then searched for the house numbered 88 but found it abandoned. On their way, they saw a restaurant naming 88 Flavors. But it is a trusted restaurant and no one ever got poisoned there.

By the time the two got home, it’s already 8. Yixing put the paper on top of the table and marked ‘x’ the places where they found nothing. He then comfortably relaxed on the couch.

 

“Hm. 8 minutes to go and it is already 8:08 pm.”

“Yeah. But I don’t think there’s something significant there so cross it out right away.”

“Ok. As you say so.”

                “Aren’t you hungry? Want me to cook?”

                “Sure.. just look at the --- Wait?! Can you cook? I thought ghosts cannot touch anything?”

                “Duh. People can’t touch me but I can touch them.”

                “Huh?” Yixing is terribly confused.

 

             Kyungsoo leaned closer to Yixing and cupped his face, he moved a little bit towards Yixing’s lips, closing the distance between them in a centimeter apart.

            “See? I can touch you.” Kyungsoo moved back and smiled sweetly. He then walked towards the kitchen.

Yixing is left on the couch dumbfounded. His heart is beating really wild and he felt hot. He indeed felt the beautiful ghost’s touch, those soft hands, big innocent-looking eyes and heart-shaped lips felt real. “Stop Yixing. He’s dead,” he told himself, then he shook his head and walk towards the kitchen.

 

 

*****************

                Today is checking plate numbers’ day. Yixing asked a police officer he knew if there is a car involved in any accident recently, with an 88 on its plate number. There are, but when he checked if there is found dead, the officer said yes and unfortunately, it’s an old woman. Meaning, it is not Kyungsoo and they failed.

                They visited the 88th house starting from Yixing’s but found a couple having a fight inside so they back out.

                Yixing crossed out the choices and they left for their last choice, a building with 88th floor. They rode on the secondhand car Yixing invested being a musician. He is not popular, but he’s still grateful that he has a good income to support and feed himself. He seated on the driver’s seat and put on his seatbelt. He is about to tell Kyungsoo to put on his belt too, but he then remembered it is useless ‘coz Kyungsoo’s already dead.

                “Ya, Kyungie.”

                K-Kyungie? He has already given me a nickname just after two days?

                “Yes? What is it Yixing?”

                “I am aware that the tallest building in Seoul is the International Finance Centre. But it does not have 88 floors, only 55. So I guess, the last choice is also considered fail.”

                Kyungsoo felt more lost. He felt disappointed. How can he know his cause of death and rest peacefully?

                “Ya Kyungie.”

                Kyungsoo move towards Yixing and hugged him. The latter is really shocked, he tried to hug him back but he failed since he cannot touch him, only Kyungsoo can. He felt bad. No way! Why should I feel bad?! He’s a ghost for goodness’ sake!

                “Are you crying?” Yixing asked worriedly when he saw that Kyungsoo’s shoulders are moving up and down.

                “No.. I’m laugh*sniff*ing*sniff*”

                “Tss. Still sassy.” Yixing sighed. “Well, I am sorry if I can’t touch you, I wanna comfort you and hold you but I can’t since no matter how I tried I end up holding the air.” Disappointment. Yeah his voice has a hint of disappointment.

                Kyungsoo is still holding him and so he let him, since it gives off comfortable warmth, even he really wanted to have him in his arms badly.

“It’s okay Xing, I just need someone to be there for me, to stay with me. I just need someone to lean on, to be my support.”

“Algessumnida.” Yixing took a deep breath, but suddenly a light bulb popped above his headw hen he saw an ambulance passed by their car.

“Kyungie I think there’s one place we forgot to visit.”

 

***************

                Yixing and Kyungso arrived at the hospital. Yixing immediately went to the information desk and asked if there is a patient in room 88.

“Yes, sir. There is.”

“ Uhm.. is he Kyungsoo? Do Kyungsoo?”

“Yes sir. Uh, how are you related to him?”

“I’m.. Well, I’m his friend.”

“Ok. Please follow me sir.”

 

                And Yixing followed the nurse.

************

                “This is the room of our patient Do Kyungsoo, sir.”

                “Ok. Thanks. I owe you a lot nurse.” Yixing said to the nurse smiling and he noticed that the nurse blushed while walking away.

                “Oussh!” Yixing screamed when he felt someone punch his arm.

                “Ya Kyungie! Why’d you do that?! Lucky I can’t beat and hit you back. Tss.”

                Kyungsoo just rolled his eyes. Stop smiling to others!

                “Be grateful to me yah! We’re finally here in your room! You’re not dead!” Yixing said happily, which is contagious because Kyungsoo felt happy too.

                “Wait! What? You’re not…….dead? “

                And right there and then, they finally realized the situation. After several years =_= ..

                “Kyungsoo I’m too overwhelmed that I didn’t analyze the situation quickly, but you’re not dead. We’re here in your room.”

“I’m not dead? Yehey!” Kyungsoo felt really really happy and grateful to Yixing at the same time. “Thank you so much Yixing!”

“Nah, it’s no big deal. But wait, we haven’t seen your body yet. We’re still outside your room. And one more thing, if you are not dead, then why are you a ghost?”

“I don’t know Xing.. *pout*”

Yixing just smiled as he watched the cute view. He hold the knob, “then let’s find out why Kyungsoo.”

 

***************

                Yixing opened the door and saw a woman in late forties and a male body lying on the bed with tubes connected to his body.

                The woman felt his presence.

“Who are you boy?”

“Good day Ma’am. I am Yixing, Zhang Yixing. Kyungsoo’s friend.”

“F-friend? You know my son?”

Yixing looked to the invisible body on his right before answering. “Yes ma’am. Why? Is having friend unusual now?”

“No. I’m sorry. I just can’t believe my son has a friend. He’s a loner and he is afraid to mingle with other people.”

“Aah.. But why is Kyungsoo here?”

“He was on his way home when he slipped on a peeling of a banana.”

“Banana? PEELING OF A BANANA?!!”

“Yeah. He slipped and bumped his head hardly that he became comatose and he also lost his memory, according to his doctor, the strong impact on his head affected him that much. That’s how dangerous banana peeling is. Huhuhu *sniff* My Kyungsoo, my baby…”

“Then this makes sense. He is wandering as a soul; therefore he cannot really wake up, since his soul is not with him. And due to the incident he lost his memory, that’s why he cannot recall anything. Good thing he remembered his name.”

“You murmuring something?”

“Ah.. Nothing ma’am.” Yixing again looked to his right, seeing Kyungsoo’s eyes on him too. “I just think that it’s time for him to wake up now. It’s time to go back to his body.”

                Kyungsoo smiled to him and nodded. Yixing looked to Mrs. Do and gave him a n encouraging look. “I feel he’ll wake up today, now that he already found his way home.”

 

“I cannot understand what you are saying, but yeah, I do hope he’ll wake up now. T^T I miss my baby badly.”

 

 

 

 

 

“O-omma…”

                 A hoarse voice caught the attention of the two. Mrs. Do ran towards the bed of his son and hugged him.

“Kyungsoo, baby. Thank goodness *tears* you, you’re finally conscious, you’re awake now. Huhu.”

                Kyungsoo smiled as he slowly sit up. “Yeah. Welcome back myself.” He hugged back his mom. Then he saw Yixing who has his mouth hanging open. “Yixing-sshi. You’re mouth” He giggled. “You’re about to drool huh?”

                Yixing immediately closed his mouth and felt embarrassed. Kyungsoo  chuckled and let go of his mom.

“I’ll be calling your doctor for a while to check you up okay? Are you alright?” His mom asked.

“Yeah. I’m fine, somehow, hehe. Go, just call the doctor”, he said with his hands waving like shooing his mother away.

“Aish this brat. Ok, ok.”

                And his mom left, now there’s only the two of them. The room has a deafening silence.

“Ya. Yixing-sshi. Come here. Won’t you hug me?”

                He saw Yixing blushed but eventually obeyed him.

 

                “Kyungie.. I finally touched you. I finally felt you. I finally hugged you. I finally felt your warmth. I finally have you in my arms.”

                Yixing felt Kyungsoo’s smile on his shoulders. “You know, I find you really pretty attractive as a ghost, but now that I’ve seen you as a person, alive and loud.. You’re truly much more beautiful. I.. I think…”

                “You think what?”

                “This may be quick but on the past days that I’m with you, I feel, I feel completely different, though the things are just the same. I do not know how to put this in words, but even I knew you as  a soul just recently under an embarrassing situation *blush upon remembering* I know, I’m sure that I love you. Not because you are pretty, but because you gave me something material things couldn’t offer me. I love you because you made me feel how to love. Kyungsoo, I love you. Hehehe. It’s fast right? Hehe.”

 

                Kyungsoo held his giggle and tried to calm himself.

                “Well. It is really a bit fast, but Yixing.. The feelings mutual. I love you too.”

                “Hmm. That’s good, that’s goo—wait.. what?!”

                “I love you Yixing. Hehehe.”

                Kyungsoo felt Yixing tighten the hug more, so he tried to pull away. “Ya, Yixing, release me.”

                “NO! Just. Just wait there! I’m blushing right now.. I do not want you to see me like this. Stay, still for a moment!”

                Kyungsoo just chuckled and hugged his ‘obsessed-in-wait-word’ Yixing.

 

*****************************THE END*********************************

               

 

- How many times did Yixing uttered wait?

- hey guys, is it okay? X( just drop your thoughts :)

- check my stories ^^ Thanks. XOXO

- Laysoo done.

- Sangmi <3