Story One: Captured

Ink Heart Collections: EXO Random One Shots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Captured

Characters: Park Chanyeol, Han Gyuri (OC)

Genre: Romance, Comedy, Fluff

Song: Love at First Sight (TINT)

The summer heat was unbearable but two guys were under the sun playing ball with each other. The taller guy had his uniform ed, revealing his white undershirt. He dribbled the ball while trying to get past the shorter one who had his arms spread in defense. He looked at the ring then at his friend. Catching his breath, he ran and made a three point shot. The shorter guy grunted in exhaustion as he plopped down on the ground. It was hot as hell.

“3-0!” Chanyeol chirped, wiping his sweat from his forehead. He put his hands on his hips then looked down at Baekhyun who was literally dying because of the heat. “It’s not fair at all! How could I win against a giant!?” he retorted. Chanyeol laughed out loud heartily then helped his friend to get up. They both grabbed their bags on the side of the court then went straight to the convenience store.

Taking a bite on his sandwich, Baekhyun looked around the neighbourhood. It was pretty peaceful. Chanyeol’s burping made him turn around and glare at his giant friend. He just casually shrugged his shoulders, giving him an innocent smile, and thenwent back on drinking his cola. Baekhyun started talking about this girl that he had a crush on like forever. Chanyeol rested his chin on his hand then looked away. It really is very hot that day.

Not really listening about what Baekhyun was blabbering about, Chanyeol started to observe people who were passing by. His eyes stopped on a girl who was standing on the bus stop. She was holding a book on her left hand and a plastic bag on the right. Her hair was tied on a bun and she was wearing the same uniform (of course the female version) as he is. Obviously, she’s from the same school.

He didn’t know why but he just couldn’t take his eyes off of her. He observed how she tucked her hair on the back of her ear, how she constantly looked left and right just to see if the bus is coming and how she looks at the ground after sighing. He totally felt like he was being creepy but he just couldn’t help it.

She looked like she decided to take a cab since the bus was not coming. She waited near the edge of the sidewalk. A cab pulled over. She was about to open the door when another woman, who looks like she was really in a hurry, tried to reach for the door. They both looked at each other then the girl smiled at the woman, probably saying that she will wait for another one. That smile made Chanyeol’s heart pound rapidly. It felt like he was bewitched by her with a single smile. Just like a scene from an anime where there are bubbles and pink flowers floating, Chanyeol saw and felt exactly the same.

He never believed in love at first sight nor ever imagined that he will experience such. He shook his head, thinking that he must’ve been too exhausted or that he had too much cola that’s why his heart is beating so fast. He looked at the girl once again, trying to remember her features. “Chanyeol-ah” Baekhyun called his name out.

Baekhyun grunted then nudged his friend’s arm. “Ya! Why are you spacing out?” he asked. Chanyeol, coming back to reality, stared at his friend’s face blankly. “Huh?”

He immediately darted his gaze to where the girl was but it was too late. The bus was already there. He saw that the girl took his seat on the farthest side of the bus. “Park Chanyeol”

A little disappointed, Chanyeol looked at Baekhyun who had this quizzical look on his face. “What?”

“You, are you okay? Why are you turning red? Did the heat got into you?” Baekhyun asked. Chanyeol suddenly smiled brightly, creeping Baekhyun like hell. “Baek, I think I’m in love”

Baekhyun scoffed then took a sip of his cola. “Yeah right, so, who’s the unlucky girl?”

“I don’t know. I don’t know her name but I know that she’s attending in our school” he replied cheerfully. He’s gone crazy, officially. Baekhyun thought the same.

---

The next day, Chanyeol couldn’t sit still. He was always looking around to look for his mystery girl. “So, what you only know about her is how she looked. She had her hair tied in a bun, black hair, a little shorter than me, she has bangs, she has beautiful eyes and…that’s all?” Baekhyun asked after sighing. Chanyeol nodded quickly. Baekhyun shook his head, definitely giving up on helping his friend to look for her.

“Ya, how will I help you when that’s the only information that you have? Many girls have their black hair tied in a bun, have bangs and even beautiful eyes”

“There’s a sparkle in her eyes!” Chanyeol blurted gleefully. Baekhyun face-palmed as he grunted in frustration. “Brilliant! Now how did you know that her eyes have sparkle in them?” he exclaimed sarcastically.

Chanyeol blinked then shrugged. “I just know”

“I’m not helping you” Baekhyun stated, deadpan serious. “Ah why?~” Chanyeol whined like a child.

Baekhyun shot a death glare on him. “How will I help you when I don’t know her name nor how she looked like?”

“I just told you how she looked like a while ago”

“Yeah right, the sparkling eyes?”

Chanyeol nodded immediately. Baekhyun really couldn’t take his friend’s stupidity. “Ah! I know! I will draw how she looks like and then you will know” Chanyeol exclaimed like he had a very brilliant idea.

“Do you even know how to draw?” Baekhyun asked, no hint of excitement. Chanyeol’s smile slowly faded then it turned into a pout. An ugly one, that is. He shook his head then stared at Baekhyun. “I don’t know”

Baekhyun sighed for the nth time as he ran his fingers through his hair. “Ya, let’s stop this hunting and let’s just play outside”

“Ah! I know!” Chanyeol exclaimed, yet again. “What now?” his shorter friend grunted. “I can ask Kris to draw her!”

“Aha ha ha ha!” Baekhyun laughed forcefully and sarcastically. “All that guy knows to draw are eggs of different sizes. How would he even draw her properly?”

The door suddenly opened and a tall guy with blonde hair entered the room with a sketchpad on his hand. Chanyeol stared at him like a kid with an expecting smile on his face. “Kris!”

---

Kris kept on drawing (if that’s what you will call it) on his sketchpad while Chanyeol, beside him, kept on instructing him on how he would draw her. Baekhyun was just staring at the two of them as they immerse themselves on what they call as a-a-art (?). “A little on that side” Chanyeol commented as he pointed on the sketchpad. Kris nodded then started drawing once again. Satisfied by what Kris did, Chanyeol nodded.

Baekhyun thought that they look like they were sketching the profile of a criminal on the loose. “That’s her! She looks exactly like that!” Chanyeol exclaimed, clapping his hands like a seal. Kris smiled at his m-m-masterpiece (?). “Now, Baek, take a look and let’s go find her!”

Chanyeol excitedly handed Baekhyun the sketchpad. Baekhyun almost laughed out loud but just contained it inside of him because he knows that Kris will not stay put if he says something bad about his drawing. Chanyeol was looking intently at Baekhyun, waiting for him to memorize how she looks like.

It was not easy…for Baekhyun’s part. “Um, she really looks like this?” Baekhyun asked, lifting his face and looking back at Chanyeol. His giant friend nodded. He looked back at the drawing once again.

Is…Is this supposed to be a face? Where are her eyes? As expected of Kris, another egg with puzzling details. How in the world did Chanyeol get to say that this…this egg looks like her? Is it possible that he’s suffering from eye conditions? Or…is the girl an alien? What if s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter